Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki (19251 Views)

Court Stops I.G.P From Aiding Cash-strapped Emeka Offor To To Sell Wife's Assets / Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Panamapapers: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Ekakamba: 11:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
The President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, has reacted to an investigation by PREMIUM TIMES that exposed hidden assets owned by his wife, Toyin Saraki, which he failed to declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) as required by Nigerian laws.
At least four assets belonging to the wealthy and famous Saraki family of Nigeria, all tucked away in secret offshore territories, were uncovered by the investigation published by PREMIUM TIMES.
Last September the CCB slammed false asset declaration charges on Mr. Saraki, accusing the Senate President, among other things, of failure to declare his assets in full.
Under the code of conduct law, a public office holder is required to declare his own assets, those of his wife as well as assets in the names of his children below the age of 18.
In response to the PREMIUM TIMES’ story, Mr. Saraki insisted he fully complied with law on asset declaration.
In the response sent in by Yusuph Olaniyonu, his Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Mr. Saraki said he fully complied with the provisions of the law on declaration of assets by public officers.
The Senate President maintained that he did not fail to declare assets belonging to his wife in secret offshore territories, adding that he, in his different asset declarations, included properties owned individually by himself and his wife.
“The property in question forms part of Dr Saraki’s wife’s family asset,” Mr. Saraki said. “It is public knowledge that Mrs. Saraki comes from a family of independent means and wealth with numerous and varied assets acquired over decades in family estates and investments
“Furthermore, the law only requires a public officer to declare both his own assets and those held by his spouse and his children under 18 years of age. The law does not require a public officer to declare assets held by the spouse’s family.
“It is not expected by the law that a public officer should declare such assets held in the spouse’s family estate. Indeed, the Code of Conduct form does not make provision for declaration of spouse’s family assets,” he stated.
Indeed, Toyin Saraki hails from the rich and famous Ojora family of Lagos. She married Bukola Saraki in 1991.
The hidden properties in offshore territories the Senate President failed to declare were acquired in 2004 and 2011 respectively.
They are not part of the Ojora’s family estate and were not acquired through inheritance.
They are owned by Mrs. Saraki, as shown in the offshore documents obtained by this newspaper.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201274-panamapapers-why-i-failed-to-declare-my-wifes-assets-saraki.html

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Walexsammy(m): 12:16am On Apr 05, 2016
At least the allegations are true

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by tomakint: 12:54am On Apr 05, 2016
This clown is just being stubborn like a native he-goat......you can't be Senate President, Period! This guy is too stupid for my liking....imagine he even default in the filling of the declaration of assets form which mandated him to supply assets of his wife and even his child (provided he or she is 18 and above).....Saraki is toast!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by MrKong: 12:59am On Apr 05, 2016
We know why...it's called plausible deniability, a criminally carefully thought way out

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by yarimo(m): 12:59am On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki u have just broken a record as the first senate president to be running from justice

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by StunningCEO: 1:32am On Apr 05, 2016
Wow, this defence is so lame, it's beyond shocking. The law says the assets held by your wife must get declared and you did not....this clown now tries to twist and fudge the mess by claiming that it belongs to his wife's family....if this clown survives this mess, then it is fairly conclusive that the change we seek is not yet here...period.... angry angry...barawo banza....

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by omowolewa: 4:22am On Apr 05, 2016
Proxy ownership, Ojora family is quite different from Toyin Saraki the title owner.
I would humbly advice Uncle Bukky to leave the job to his lawyers rather than complicating it for them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by otukpo(f): 4:29am On Apr 05, 2016
Did PMB declare his wife's assets ?

Just asking.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by udumosam23(m): 6:03am On Apr 05, 2016
otukpo:

Just asking.

OK, tot I was the only one thinking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by RichDad1(m): 6:09am On Apr 05, 2016
How will that reduce fuel scarcity?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by vedaxcool(m): 6:11am On Apr 05, 2016
Panams papers just buried the arrogant dishonest man.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by RichDad1(m): 6:11am On Apr 05, 2016
otukpo:

Just asking.
You better face your grossly underdeveloped village and start demanding results from your leaders and stop supporting this arrogant public loiter.
#justsaying

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2016
Investigation by Premium Times or leaked document by international paper copied by Premium Times?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by YoursGEJ(m): 6:35am On Apr 05, 2016
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by superstar1(m): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2016
Some wailers will tell us not to believe Premium Times and Sahara Reporters, but we should rather belive their ipod and wailing junk newspaper -- Vanguard.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki just implicated his wife's people

5 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by lawydewy(m): 6:45am On Apr 05, 2016
Let's go to CCB and ask for Baba Buhari Asset declaration form, what Mr Adeshina and Mr Shehu announced were the summary of the form.

Social and human right activists should write demanding for it,let Nigerians see.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Kelklein(m): 7:32am On Apr 05, 2016
ha..Saraki why are you lying

the simple questions are

when was these assets 'inherited' by Toyin Saraki?
Did she inherit all the Ojora family assets alone considering that she's a female child..?

#StopFraudpls

13 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by slimpoppa(m): 7:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Bros! Me nor believe you.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Flexherbal(m): 7:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Talk talk politicians, always giving excuses.
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Boscojugunu(m): 7:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Dis Guy is a clown.
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by amunkita(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2016
If them come see those under Amaechi's wife's name, am sure we will all faint..

But Egbon saraki, u be thief oooo..

4 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by sammyj: 7:57am On Apr 05, 2016
Story for the gods. It doesn't add up! !! shocked
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by RichDad1(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
You've got to pay the price dude. Useless, arrogant, backstabbing cum traitor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by bright007(f): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
shoro niyen?
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by 4nobody4every1: 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
undecided undecided

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by spako4(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Too much filthy money
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by ichidodo: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2016
Hypocrisy,witchunting and bullsh**t....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by TaiKuun(m): 7:59am On Apr 05, 2016
Booked!!
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
tomakint:
This clown is just being stubborn like a native he-goat......you can't be Senate President, Period! This guy is too stupid for my liking....imagine he even default in the filling of the declaration of assets form which mandated him to supply assets of his wife and even his child (provided he or she is below 18 ).....Saraki is toast!

fixed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by brainbox1000(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Hnmmm
Re: Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki by Acidosis(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
RichDad1:

You better face your grossly underdeveloped village and start demanding results from your leaders and stop supporting this arrogant public loiter.
#justsaying

shut up, its a simple question.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu's Appeal / President Buhari Presents 2018 Budget (Live Pictures, Updates) / The Dankwambo Alternative And The Choice Before Nigeria In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.