Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors (18675 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Opharhe: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2016
Godgay:
am not an Igbo sir,am from Edo state,even if I was IBO I won't hate on other people, what I can say for you is pay evil with good, hate with love.
I concur 100%. Your moniker though.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Chapmax: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2016
You want the same Yorubas you hate and abuse all over Nigeria to patronize your business? Is that how business work?
You want them to patronize your product, you make them trust you. Your downfall is your pride and hatred for "ofemanus" and "gworo chewer".
I fault any Yoruba that patronizes innoson until things change. It's even better for the SW to have their own regional car manufacturer. Competition is better, no?[/quote]

I'm not an Igbo man but seriously you no get common sense. Keep waiting for a Yoruba-man-made vehicle. Mtcheeeew
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Policewoman(f): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

You want the same Yorubas you hate and abuse all over Nigeria to patronize your business? Is that how business work?
You want them to patronize your product, you make them trust you. Your downfall is your pride and hatred for "ofemanus" and "gworo chewer".
I fault any Yoruba that patronizes innoson until things change. It's even better for the SW to have their own regional car manufacturer. Competition is better, no?
Why do people hate too much? What concerns Innoson with the Igbo-Yoruba confrontation? The earlier some of us stop the hate campaign, the better for us all.

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by naijamerican: 9:39am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

I fault any Yoruba that patronizes innoson until things change. It's even better for the SW to have their own regional car manufacturer. Competition is better, no?

Foolish mentality like this idiot above is why Nigeria is doomed to fail. Useless people in a useless country.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by KingRex1(m): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2016
Since the day i talked with Mr. Innocent nd saw his mindblowin prospects, i always knew he'll soon get done with the many OEMs nd shut the mouths of critics..
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by wiseass: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Well I know Yoruba people will never allow a fool like you speak for them, so wallow in your shallow pit of hatred
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by dozai: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2016
uboma:
this revelation from the chairman of Innoson Motors has finally laid to rest the arguement that for now they are only into assemblying of vehicle parts and repairs. I have some fellows who had argued blindly in the past that Innoson Motors are into the production of vehicles 100% (building of car engines inclusive).
I don't think car manufacturers produce all their car parts. The engine mostly is their trademark but other parts do come from other company's
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by 4C2215131: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2016
While applauding Innoson's giant stride in the Nigeria automotive industry ( I believe we still have Pan? and co last time I checked) my contention is on the quality of the vehicles that the firm will be rolling out from it's workshops.

I absolutely have no problem purchasing a made in Nigeria car IF I can be reassured of it's aherence to all ISO standards with respect to safety, performance, reliability etc. I wish him well and do hope he get's it right given time.

The problem I have noticed with made in Nigeria goods on the average is the total diregard for quality! They just hack,saw, sew, concoct whatever fits their fancy and push it into the market while expecting me to purchase it never minding that it always fails in operation. I'd rather spend more in purchasing an imported product that will give me faithful service, something the manufacturere promised delivering while marketing the product than a cheap product that will give me sleepless nights all in the name of patriotism (last time I checked, the government was not being patriotic at all with respect to how I make my Naira, in fact she does her best to frustrate my every move via an unstable economy and ruderless piloting).
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by phantom(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2016
we igbos are on our own..................if this was being done by a northerner IN THE NORTH, that place would have a gas turbine specially built for it with roads of international standard built to service it.....but as na igboland....long thing.

it bears repeating....IF THIS COUNTRY WANTS TO INDUSTRIALIZE,IT MUST LOOK TO THE SOUTH EAST.

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by drnoel: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Ur comments are so unfair and irrelevant. I mean do yorubas have this much hatred for igbos or is this just the nairaland inferiority complex taking its toll?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by obaino860: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2016
Chapmax:

I'm not an Igbo man but seriously you no get common sense. Keep waiting for a Yoruba-man-made vehicle. Mtcheeeew

how many southwesterners drives new car,,,if not dis Cotonou fairly used....its hard you see a yoruba man driving new car,,except those DAT are attached to a big company..so innoson wasn't producing d car for SW but for his brothers and africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by chimoskyg(m): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2016
We are getting there babyyy cool
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by tdayof(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Nice one it is a gradual process, no car manufacturers produce their cars 100% they source some parts form other companies
Yea you are right . Even China doesnt own up to 90% of its car engine products. BMW still cant produce 100% of its engine part now too.

NICE ONE INNOSON. I would definitely be of help to Nigeria too someday.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 05, 2016
4C2215131:
[s]While applauding Innoson's giant stride in the Nigeria automotive industry ( I believe we still have Pan? and co last time I checked) my contention is on the quality of the vehicles that the firm will be rolling out from it's workshops.

I absolutely have no problem purchasing a made in Nigeria car IF I can be reassured of it's aherence to all ISO standards with respect to safety, performance, reliability etc. I wish him well and do hope he get's it right given time.

The problem I have noticed with made in Nigeria goods on the average is the total diregard for quality! They just hack,saw, sew, concoct whatever fits their fancy and push it into the market while expecting me to purchase it never minding that it always fails in operation. I'd rather spend more in purchasing an imported product that will give me faithful service, something the manufacturere promised delivering while marketing the product than a cheap product that will give me sleepless nights all in the name of patriotism (last time I checked, the government was not being patriotic at all with respect to how I make my Naira, in fact she does her best to frustrate my every move via an unstable economy and ruderless piloting)[/s].

What's wrong with you yoruba people for God sake? The Standard Organization of Nigeria has certified that their cars meet international standard otherwise THEIR LICENSE WILL BE REVOKED! There are certification steps you must go through to manufacture a car in Nigeria. Also for Federal government to have entered contract with them to manufacture aircraft parts, one of the requirements before a federal government enters a contract with a company especially with respect to manufacturing....IT MUST MEET STANDARD; Standard Organization of Nigeria gives them that information!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by 100Cents: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2016
uboma:
this revelation from the chairman of Innoson Motors has finally laid to rest the arguement that for now they are only into assemblying of vehicle parts and repairs. I have some fellows who had argued blindly in the past that Innoson Motors are into the production of vehicles 100% (building of car engines inclusive).

Rejoice, it makes you complete nah.

And you closed your eyes to where he he said he does 60% local content.

Smh, how to know a hater.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Mboi: 10:16am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

He mentioned tribalism which you hateful lots 'remember' when it comes to SW/Hausa/Fulanis not patronizing Innoson. However, you forget we're reluctant to purchase innoson because igbo's hatred for two giant tribes and the other waka waka tribe, plus the fact that most of the products you sale are fake or second hand. Imagine someone calling me 'xyz', yet he wants me to be his customer. I mad? Plus how many SErn leaders advertise/buy from the SW?
Oga if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, take ur dead brain out of here. Did he mention Yoruba in what he posted? Besides Innoson is not begging for patronage. Don't go and work, stay there and be looking for tribal war to fight.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by ozoemenaca: 10:27am On Apr 05, 2016
Well done my Brother Innocent
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by 4C2215131: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2016
Knowledge9000:

What's wrong with you yoruba people for God sake? The Standard Organization of Nigeria has certified that their cars meet international standard otherwise THEIR LICENSE WILL BE REVOKED! There are certification steps you must go through to manufacture a car in Nigeria. Also for Federal government to have entered contract with them to manufacture aircraft parts, one of the requirements before a federal government enters a contract with a company especially with respect to manufacturing....IT MUST MEET STANDARD; Standard Organization of Nigeria gives them that information!

First off, I detest being addressed such; "What's wrong with you yoruba people for God sake?". Note that not everyone here on NL is a teenager, unguided undergrad or some illiterate bigot with nothing better to do. I trust you'll act accordingly.

Having gotten that out of the way, your post in the light of Nigerian certifications are on point. But I am not referring to just SON (even though it makes manifest pretentions to upholding worldwide standard when it comes to certifications). I am talking about the manpower, technology, experience, and of course, funds that go into manufacturing vehicles of unimpeachable quality.

Innoson faces a stiff challenge in the guise of our Nigerian economy and business environment (micro & macro inclusive). Save he has a watertight plan to surmounting the problems of power, expert manpower, partner industries that can furnish him parts (read: metal pressing company for example which may be informed by a vibrant steel firm) and whatnot, he may be forced to cut corners and you and I know that when it comes to machines like vehicles that has human lives depending on it's sustained operational effectiveness, that's a no-no.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2016
100Cents:

Rejoice, it makes you complete nah.

And you closed your eyes to where he he said he does 60% local content.

Smh, how to know a hater.

You seem to lack the ability to read and comprehend very well.

My earlier post was simply directed to those who had earlier argued that Innoson Motors is into 100% production of automobiles. look up the forum and you will see countless threads that abound where they made such false claims.

And for the records, i dont envy Innoson Motors. I am happy that he has made such giant strides for himself and for our country.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2016
kobonaire:
Exactly ... Innoson must have read our NairaLand posts the the fact the it is known that these cars are purchased CKD from Dongfeng China and then assembled here.
I guess, Dongfeng now supplies CKD motors too.

Now this is someone who understands the reason for my initial post.

I guess so too....

cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
60% local content no be beans. Thanks

And who said doing 60% was easy in the first place?
Please re-read my initial post again and comment intelligently.
Thanks
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2016
Ralphdan:

Dumb ass. No auto company manufacturers 100‰ of its vehicle parts but if it could manufacture up to 60% it can always source for the rest that is is what we call SOCIAL PRODUCTION.

Big fool, when will you learn to read and comprehend well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2016
dozai:
I don't think car manufacturers produce all their car parts. The engine mostly is their trademark but other parts do come from other company's

I am very much aware of these bro.

Please re-read my initial post again
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by guyossy(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2016
Good job. Please keep it up to be self reliant.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by SmartMugu: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Oh my! Where do you expect him to get the raw materials from? Shît it out? Is he supposed to go mine and process our ores into pig iron and further convert it into steel and cast iron, before using it to make his vehicles? Other people can go into that. There's no way he can achieve all that alone, coupled with the fact that those areas aren't his specialities.
Isn't that the purpose of revamping the Ajaokuta Steel Project, so we can rely less on importing what we have locally?
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Jok3r(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by MrEverest(m): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
zuchyblink:
Rochas is patronizing this man like hell. Every nook and cranny of Imo state is littered with IVM vehicles. Kudos Okorochas!
That is one area Rochas performed excellently, more than any other governor in Nigeria. IVM is one of the most popular vehicle brands in Imo State!
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Ikengawo: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Chapmax:

Waiting for a yoruba made vehicle lol you'll die before that
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Ikengawo: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
What is Toyota strategy for reaching Yorubas?
What is Benz doing to attract Hausas?
What has Honda done to reach Fulani?

Lol answer these questions to understand your worth. They're buying IBM in Ghana Cameroon and Benin and many are looking for a way to bring them to the US. Who is waiting for SAI CHANJI mud hut tribes and their Chaka chaka facial marks to enter the 21st century? Is the IMV Umu a Yoruba word?

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
uboma:

And who said doing 60% was easy in the first place?

Please re-read my initial post again and comment intelligently.

Thanks
Innoson is made in Nigeria.
What he is doing is what other car makers are doing.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by pyxon(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Im yet to meet a yolopa that isnt tribalistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much For Golf3 / How To Get A Car Loan In Nigeria - A Complete Guide / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.