Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Abia State Financial Status Unveiled - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Financial Status Unveiled (12563 Views)

Statues Of Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Awolowo, Mbakwe To Be Unveiled By Okorocha / More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by SANCTO: 10:53am On Apr 05, 2016
A State like Osun came back from FAAC this month empty handed. The Osun State’s account is overdrawn because of excess borrowing. They are now owing the Government

Does the above mean that Osun state is a reference point for poor leadership? Aregberascal my Governor come and see oo!
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Vivly(f): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2016
Abia State Jisike. I'm coming to save you and your finances. Let me just finish some things on ground now.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by MrEverest(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2016
DikeOha882:
Nothing is happening in Abia at moment, stagnation every where, roads are abandoned

May God deliver Abia from ponpokon and his co drivers
I beg to differ, I was at Aba few days ago & I want to tell you that Okezie is trying, the rot T.A Orji left behind is enormous but Okezie has constructed a lot of roads including where my family house is located( Umola Road) today Aba is a bit neat though a lot still needs to be done like fully relocating ahia udele from water side & making that place attractive, street lights etc.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by MrEverest(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2016
phantom:
An avenue for imo and anambra to disgrace themselves has just been made available.....SMH....yet these are the people who want biafra but can't stand each other.
Thats not true, I'm from Imo state but I'm more emotionally attached to Aba & in extension Abia state. Okezie is far better than Okorocha & Aba is arguebly the most economically important city in Igboland with a lot of industries, markets & a huge population just that since 1999 they have been getting bad leaders back to back but hopefully Okezie will be different.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2016
MrEverest:
Thats not true, I'm from Imo state but I'm more emotionally attached to Aba & in extension Abia state. Okezie is far better than Okorocha & Aba is arguebly the most economically important city in Igboland with a lot of industries, markets & a huge population just that since 1999 they have been getting bad leaders back to back but hopefully Okezie will be different.

Okezie better than Rochas my brother it's too early to compare Okezie biko he's just a year there...Thanks

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by yaki84: 11:22am On Apr 05, 2016
shachris02:
This man should stop wailing. After lagos and PH, AK and Delta, abia should come next on IGR generaition. The amount of taxes paid in abia state is way much. Abia has close to 7 booming markets all pay huge sums as levies everyday. KEKE and bus operators pay through their noses. Abians pay infrastructural levies for government to fix roads for them.

Federal allocation or not, abia state is rich!

dont forget 30percent or more of those levies end up in private pockets.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by MrEverest(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Okezie better than Rochas my brother it's too early to compare Okezie biko he's just a year there...Thanks
Nwa Nna ndi okenye si na eji agata n'ishi ahuru amara uto shi/mposi. Its so far so good with Okezie though I know its still early & during Kalu's first tenure between 1999 & 2003 he was called action governor before derailed but hopefully Okezie will not end up like him!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by eagleeye2: 11:35am On Apr 05, 2016
MrEverest:
Nwa Nna ndi okenye si na eji agata n'ishi ahuru amara uto shi/mposi. Its so far so good with Okezie though I know its still early & during Kalu's first tenure between 1999 & 2003 he was called action governor before derailed but hopefully Okezie will not end up like him!
I may be wrong but your proverb says you are from Ngwa. Jisie ike.
Oluwa bless all of us.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Ojiofor: 11:38am On Apr 05, 2016
betterABIAstate:
why are you guys like this?
Very silly set of irritating people indeed!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Tinyemeka(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Incorrect1:

Do you read newspapers at all, Abia state allocation has drastically fallen from N4.2b to N1.9b due to the fall in global oil price. Road construction is not the only thing needed in the state. He's busy reopening companies being folded in the previous administration; companies like glass industries, Golden guinea, etc. All these will create employment for the timing population and also go a long way in boosting our IGR (Internally generated Revenue).
He didn't abandon the projects rather he's creating a means of obtaining fund to bring back the lost glory of Abia state.

You can lie o.

Golden Guinea was purchased by private investors. What's the business of the matter again?

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by ahaz: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Incorrect1:

Do you read newspapers at all, Abia state allocation has drastically fallen from N4.2b to N1.9b due to the fall in global oil price. Road construction is not the only thing needed in the state. He's busy reopening companies being folded in the previous administration; companies like glass industries, Golden guinea, etc. All these will create employment for the timing population and also go a long way in boosting our IGR (Internally generated Revenue).
He didn't abandon the projects rather he's creating a means of obtaining fund to bring back the lost glory of Abia state.
exactly what am expecting the ewu Hausa in Douglas house to do, but he's busy roasting corn.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Abagworo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
While facts are being misrepresented nobody and I repeat nobody can achieve 50% of what Okorocha has done in Imo State. In as much as media war has been waged on Okorocha for not being in support of Jonathan's misrule there are things so glaring one cannot take away and even the blind can feel.

A visit to Imo State today will still reveal that fresh projects have commenced this March and they are moving at a very fast pace and no State in Southeast and Rivers State has embarked on 30% of that this 2016.

For those unaware below is the IGR chart.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by chinology: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
IGR as at 2014! What is the IGR as at 2016? Why is Imo state not able to pay salaries for over 10months and not that we have seen major capital project?

Again why did Imo state take up huge sum of 26b FG bailout despite the heavy loan hanging on its neck already but still yet workers have not been paid till now except for the half salary!

[s]
Abagworo:
While facts are being misrepresented nobody and I repeat nobody can achieve 50% of what Okorocha has done in Imo State. In as much as media war has been waged on Okorocha for not being in support of Jonathan's misrule there are things so glaring one cannot take away and even the blind can feel.

A visit to Imo State today will still reveal that fresh projects have commenced this March and they are moving at a very fast pace and no State in Southeast and Rivers State has embarked on 30% of that this 2016.

For those unaware below is the IGR chart.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by phantom(m): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
abagworo.....what exactly is that chart saying. is it exactly saying abia has a higher IGR OR that the %age of total revenue that is IGR is higher in abia compared to anambra.

look at the chart again. correct me if im wrong though.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by chinology: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
TOP TEN STATES BY IGR IN BILLIONS OF NAIRA AS AT 2015

1-Lagos — N276.1
2-Rivers — N89.1
3-Delta — N42.8

4-Enugu — N19.2
5-Ogun — N17.4
6-Oyo — N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom — N15.9

8-Kaduna — N12.7
9-Bayelsa — N10.9
10-Anambra — N10.4

Lagos, 22 others collected N586.6bn IGR in 2014 – NBS

The National Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday released a snapshot of the Internally Generated Revenue profile of 23 states of the federation for the year 2014. The bureau stated in the report, a copy of which was obtained by our correspondent in Abuja, that Lagos State recorded the highest IGR of N276.1bn in the period under review.The N276.1bn generated by Lagos last year was N108.1bn or 28.1 per cent lower than the N384.2bn, which the state earned as IGR in the 2013 fiscal period.Further analysis revealed that the amount that Lagos earned in 2014 was also 47 per cent of what all the other 22 states collected as IGR in the same period.

The report stated that while the figures for the other 13 states were still being expected, Rivers State, with a total IGR of N89.1bn, followed on the revenue chart.The N89.1bn earned by Rivers State represented an increase of N1.19bn when compared to the N87.91bn for 2013.

Others are Akwa Ibom, with N15.6bn; Anambra, N10.4bn; Bayelsa, N10.9bn; Enugu, N19.2bn; Katsina, N6.2bn; Kogi, N6.5bn; Ekiti, N3.4bn; Osun, N8.5bn; Oyo, N16.3bn; and Imo, N8.1bn.
The rest are Niger, N5.7bn; Plateau, N8.2bn; Zamfara, N3.1bn; Delta, N42.8bn; Benue, N8.2bn; Bauchi, N4.8bn; Kaduna, N12.7bn; Katsina, N6.2bn; Kebbi, N3.8bn; Nasarawa, N4.05bn; Ogun, N17.4bn; Sokoto, N5.6bn and Zamfara, N3.1bn.

The report listed the 13 states that had yet to provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and Yobe.

http://www..com/top-10-nigerian-states-with-highest-internally-generated-revenue-2/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/

**NOTE: States like Anambra and Kaduna has doubled their IGR in 2016. While that of Anambra now stands at 20b per annum with prospectss to rise further to 2.5b per month, while that of Kaduna stands at 18b.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Abagworo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
chinology:
TOP TEN STATES BY IGR IN BILLIONS OF NAIRA AS AT 2015

1-Lagos — N276.1
2-Rivers — N89.1
3-Delta — N42.8

4-Enugu — N19.2
5-Ogun — N17.4
6-Oyo — N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom — N15.9

8-Kaduna — N12.7
9-Bayelsa — N10.9
10-Anambra — N10.4

Lagos, 22 others collected N586.6bn IGR in 2014 – NBS

The National Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday released a snapshot of the Internally Generated Revenue profile of 23 states of the federation for the year 2014. The bureau stated in the report, a copy of which was obtained by our correspondent in Abuja, that Lagos State recorded the highest IGR of N276.1bn in the period under review.The N276.1bn generated by Lagos last year was N108.1bn or 28.1 per cent lower than the N384.2bn, which the state earned as IGR in the 2013 fiscal period.Further analysis revealed that the amount that Lagos earned in 2014 was also 47 per cent of what all the other 22 states collected as IGR in the same period.

The report stated that while the figures for the other 13 states were still being expected, Rivers State, with a total IGR of N89.1bn, followed on the revenue chart.The N89.1bn earned by Rivers State represented an increase of N1.19bn when compared to the N87.91bn for 2013.

Others are Akwa Ibom, with N15.6bn; Anambra, N10.4bn; Bayelsa, N10.9bn; Enugu, N19.2bn; Katsina, N6.2bn; Kogi, N6.5bn; Ekiti, N3.4bn; Osun, N8.5bn; Oyo, N16.3bn; and Imo, N8.1bn.
The rest are Niger, N5.7bn; Plateau, N8.2bn; Zamfara, N3.1bn; Delta, N42.8bn; Benue, N8.2bn; Bauchi, N4.8bn; Kaduna, N12.7bn; Katsina, N6.2bn; Kebbi, N3.8bn; Nasarawa, N4.05bn; Ogun, N17.4bn; Sokoto, N5.6bn and Zamfara, N3.1bn.

The report listed the 13 states that had yet to provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and Yobe.

http://www..com/top-10-nigerian-states-with-highest-internally-generated-revenue-2/

**NOTE: States like Anambra and Kaduna has doubled their IGR in 2016. While that of Anambra now stands at 20b per annum with prospectss to rise further to 2.5b per month, while that of Kaduna stands at 18b.

Why not wait for NBS to release the updated data than base on hearsay or blogs.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by chinology: 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
When you posted your own gibberish did you wait for NBS to post it, instead you posted a graph without a source nor origin? cool

Abagworo:

Why not wait for NBS to release the updated data than base on hearsay or blogs.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by mayorrolex(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
This govt inherited a dilapidated state of infrastructure from d last administration..despite d slash in state allocation d governor is doing a great job in road construction in aba..this is a 10months govt which has performed well more than buhari d tourist..

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by omauchay(f): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
DikeOha882:
Nothing is happening in Abia at moment, stagnation every where, roads are abandoned

May God deliver Abia from ponpokon and his co drivers
oh so you too have noticed him...thought I was the only one..during t.a orji's regime, this same ponpokon was always publishing false success news of abia and t.a orji..now it's ikpeazu 's regime, his doing the same time..smh and my whole body join..I wonder how much he is bn paid to say trash...God help us shaa..

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by omauchay(f): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
MrEverest:
I beg to differ, I was at Aba few days ago & I want to tell you that Okezie is trying, the rot T.A Orji left behind is enormous but Okezie has constructed a lot of roads including where my family house is located( Umola Road) today Aba is a bit neat though a lot still needs to be done like fully relocating ahia udele from water side & making that place attractive, street lights etc.
Mr everest u were in aba a few days ago okwa ya?.. I just want to tell u that all those roads that were constructed are the ones he (okezie) did before and during his quest for power with Alex otti...since he won, he went on break. All I hope for is that this break won't be an Everlasting one..

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Getikebusy(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
phantom:
An avenue for imo and anambra to disgrace themselves has just been made available.....SMH....yet these are the people who want biafra but can't stand each other.

Men it baffles me too....Ndigbo are not united at all...

1 Like

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by KA24DETT(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
omauchay:
Mr everest u were in aba a few days ago okwa ya? Me I live there..and I want to tell u that all those roads that were constructed are the ones he (okezie) did before and during his quest for power with Alex otti...since he won, he went on break. All I hope for is that this break won't be an Everlasting one..

I am really dissapointed in okezie.. Yes you are right , all the roads were done when his case was in the courts. St Michael, millverton, Jubilee was graded but that was were it stopped.
Am more dissapointed in the recent increase in kidnappings . Last week, 2 people were kidnapped at jubilee. It's getting worse every week now . Am tired of this. I have so much hope for Aba but remember, no one will invest in a state if there is insecurity everywhere . It's pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by obaino860: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ponponkon:

http://abiaonline.gov.ng/?p=3252
abia receive more than 1.9billion,,,must da lie about everytin
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by obaino860: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ponponkon:

http://abiaonline.gov.ng/?p=3252
abia receive more than 1.9billion,,,must da lie about everytin
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Incorrect1:

what happen to the $200million he borrowed? Just remembered that he used it to buy his supreme court judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
Tinyemeka:

You can lie o.

Golden Guinea was purchased by private investors. What's the business of the matter again?
don't mind the otimkpu, Peter odili inlaw bought golden Guinean
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
omauchay:
oh so you too have noticed him...thought I was the only one..during t.a orji's regime, this same ponpokon was always publishing false success news of abia and t.a orji..now it's ikpeazu 's regime, his doing the same time..smh and my whole body join..I wonder how much he is bn paid to say trash...God help us shaa..
thank you dear, even his ngwa brothers are murmuring about his cluelessNess, he's becoming an embarrassment to them when you shout okezuoo Abia

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
DikeOha882:
what happen to the $200million he borrowed? Just remembered that he used it to buy his supreme court judgement.
He used it in road constructions
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Incorrect1:

He used it in road constructions
how many roads were constructed? Liar Mohamed
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by billionbliss: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ponponkon:
Bro lalasticlala we are running a transparent government in Abia State that is why we have made it a call of duty to let Abians get every information verbatim. Abia is on the path of truth

Truth my foot when Ikpeazu is using our money in Supreme Court. workers are pwned ........ making it public is no truth.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by Baludu1: 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Flexherbal:
When the money was flowi in, what did the government do with it?
Senator T.A ORJI (Ochendo) and his son (ikuku) were busy squandering the money,buying all the available lands and exotic cars.May God have mercy on we Abians.
Re: Abia State Financial Status Unveiled by austinbrown: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2016
This people should pay my dads pension na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s First Year In Office Gets Approval Rating Of 64% - NOIPolls / We Never Killed Any IPOB Member In Port Harcourt – Army / Nmamdi Kanu Might Be Correct About Jubril Of Sudan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.