Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,954 members, 7,848,875 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious (2163 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce, Peter Odili And Others At Wike's ThanksGiving / I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Easyy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2006
I just watched Peter Odili on Channel 4. I was astounded by his shameless display of wealth and the wantoness of his ostentatious lifestyle in the midst of so much deprivation and poverty-induced anarchy of the Delta region.

It was also revealed the he intends to contest for the presidency.

Does Nigeria need such calluosly ostentatious individuals at the helm of affairs?
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Chxta(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2006
Saw the same interview, and have waited 12 hours for my South-South friends to come in here to condemn the man since you started this thread. No one has come. This thread was ignored. Goes to prove what I said here and have been saying for months on Nairaland that our South-South brothers would rather look the other way when the crime is being committed by their kin.

In any event, you want to listen to the interview here is the podcast. It is free to air, just click the link. If I can get the full video, I will put it up on my blog. . .
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2006
We don't need any interview to convince us of the wickedness of that man, a drive through the city of Port Harcourt will reveal a great evil. The only infrastructural development he can try to speak of with respect to the gas turbine is still in progres yet this man who is referred to as "donatus" never stops to dish out the people's money. Let us see how far he will go in his quest for the presidency; money can buy many things and lets see if the rent in aso rock is one of them.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Sijien(m): 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2006
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Easyy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2006
I must admit I have not been in PH for many years but what channel 4 showed was enough to convince me that Peter Odili is an undesirable element in governance.

He actually came across as very arrogant in his ill-gotten wealth. He also served champagne worth about $200 a bottle to his journalist guest. Why do we allow such horrible elements to govern us?
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Easyy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2007
Does anybody know if this man is contesting for the presidency?
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by scribe(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2007
He is no longer running for presidency. I learnt he is now running from EFCC grin grin grin
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by Afam(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2007
scribe:

He is no longer running for presidency. I learnt he is now running from EFCC grin grin grin

Interesting - instead of running for presidency, he is now running from EFCC grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by thameamead(f): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2010
I remember seeing this documentary, the scumbag even served the journalist a £200 bottle of crystal champagne. I hope he rots in HELL.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 4:11am On Jun 25, 2011
Chxta:

Saw the same interview, and have waited 12 hours for my South-South friends to come in here to condemn the man since you started this thread. No one has come. This thread was ignored. Goes to prove what I said here and have been saying for months on Nairaland that our South-South brothers would rather look the other way when the crime is being committed by their kin.

In any event, you want to listen to the interview here is the podcast. It is free to air, just click the link. If I can get the full video, I will put it up on my blog. . .

hmm VERY TRUE, shouting phresh air all over the place
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 4:20am On Jun 25, 2011
Can we all just stop this 'crab-in-a-bucket' mentality.
I support no corrupt public official, but since when did osentation become a crime in our country. Note that what is ostentation to one person, maybe a necessary standard of living for another.
Please try and find reasons to convict the man in a court of law, instead of coming here to preach "ostentation" If you can't, maybe you should enjoy his $200 champagne while it last.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 4:56am On Jun 25, 2011
naijaking1:

Can we all just stop this 'crab-in-a-bucket' mentality.
I support no corrupt public official, but since when did osentation become a crime in our country. Note that what is ostentation to one person, maybe a necessary standard of living for another.
Please try and find reasons to convict the man in a court of law, instead of coming here to preach "ostentation" If you can't, maybe you should enjoy his $200 champagne while it last.

it was the government house, not his private house, how can it be a standard of living?

He is a crook!
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 5:21am On Jun 25, 2011
Dis Guy:

it was the government house, not his private house, how can it be a standard of living?
He is a crook!

So what?
You're not even sure the exact amount paid for the so-called champagne, and bye the way if he offered nothing to visiting journalist, he would have been criticized too.
I'm not saying Odili is or is not a crook, my point is "gather evidence" and send him to jail for good, don't sit here and belly-ache about "ostentatious" living and a bottle of wine angry
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 5:27am On Jun 25, 2011
erm did you watch the documentary?

the champagyne had a rrp so i don't need to know how much was paid for it!
have you seen the other documentary about bayelsa state too, its not about the bloody drink!

so we shouldn't criticize the likes of IBB too cos we haven't 'gathered evidence' or his case is different he aint from the ND
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by texazzpete(m): 5:56am On Jun 25, 2011
naijaking1:

I'm not saying Odili is or is not a crook, my point is "gather evidence" and send him to jail for good, don't sit here and belly-ache about "ostentatious" living and a bottle of wine angry

So how is this different from you belly-aching about Sanusi all the time?
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 6:43am On Jun 25, 2011
Dis Guy:

erm did you watch the documentary?

the champagyne had a rrp so i don't need to know how much was paid for it!
have you seen the other documentary about bayelsa state too, its not about the bloody drink!

so we shouldn't criticize the likes of IBB too cos we haven't 'gathered evidence' or his case is different he aint from the ND

We have entirely failed to nail IBB, OBJ, and all those suspects no doubt, maybe in a 100 years time our nation will write about them. Meanwhile, don't forget that my point is about a layman, like me, or maybe you simply picking up and running away with an incident because of our different background.
I have seen people described as ostentatious simply because they had a vehicle for work and business, in reality those people were struggling to make ends meet too, but attheir own level.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 6:48am On Jun 25, 2011
texazzpete:

So how is this different from you belly-aching about Sanusi all the time?

I'm surprised you're the only one without a buyers remorse about Sanusi, his failure as a CBN governor, because of his radical islamization of Nigeria via CBN, and his total lack of knowledge about basic economic priciples. From the courts, to the streets, and even here in N/L, I have restrained from yelling "I told you so" to you, Jarus, and a few others.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2011
naijaking1:

We have entirely failed to nail IBB, OBJ, and all those suspects no doubt, maybe in a 100 years time our nation will write about them. Meanwhile, don't forget that my point is about a layman, like me, or maybe you simply picking up and running away with an incident because of our different background.
I have seen people described as ostentatious simply because they had a vehicle for work and business, in reality those people were struggling to make ends meet too, but attheir own level.

No, I'm talking in context of the documentary and looking back comparing that statement highlighted with the current fresh air programme
my point wasnt about the layman doing his business sipping champagne, but a governor living  like everything was under control in his gloryland

They return to the coast and a meeting with Peter Odili, the Governor of one of the main States. In his headquarters, which his spokesman said had cost 200 million US dollars, and over a bottle of Cristal champagne he tells Unreported World that the violence will soon die down and that he has plans to develop the area and bring in jobs for its inhabitants. Meanwhile, the violence continues, the pollution remains and for the Delta people this most precious commodity is not a blessing, but a curse.

Channel 4OD
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2011
^^^
The area produces more than 45 billion dollar for the federal government and we're wondering why the state goverment house should cost 200million dollars, ie less than 10%?
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 7:04am On Jun 25, 2011
no we are wondering why the schools and hospitals are not costing the same or more than the state building and more importantly why they are not as stocked up as the fridge in the government full of cristals
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 7:09am On Jun 25, 2011
By the last time I checked the assembly was supposed to be giving approval for the state budgets. If they approved that huge amount for the state house, then we shouldn't blame it all on Odili. I still want to see that the guy stole funds---I mean personlly ripped off the people.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 7:21am On Jun 25, 2011
you are not, Magnus Abe – Commissioner for Information said, “Let’s not be overly judgmental…The satisfaction of the people may not always be about food and drink.” are ya?

http://www.hrw.org/en/reports/2007/01/30/chop-fine

what you want to see if the money is actually in their account to believe the personally ripped off the people?
with a $65000 a day travel allowance in Nigeria with empty hospitals

Odili was the Leader of the state, the leader of the militants, the leader of the cult boys and assassins

he took a lifetime* injunction so no one can take him to court
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 7:34am On Jun 25, 2011
That lifetime injunction is the most laughable aspect of our judiciary these days. In the past, we all saw how powerful army general used the courts to avoid appearing before the truth commission to even explain their actions. Along term cure would be to get rid of judges that sell their rulings to the highest bidder, not necessarily the "consumers" of corrupt judiciary system.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by DisGuy: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2011
It's crazy!!
and guess who was the Attorney General, commissioner of Justice during his reign:our fresh faced highly 'respectable' Ajumogobia- i wonder what he took saw during his time in office, chop clean mouth yarn oyinbo for dem!

his wife has just be elevated to the Supreme court/Court of Appeal
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2011
I get the feeling hat we all want a clean and less corrupt Nigeria, the only problem is that we approach it differently. I like to go to the source, and I think you would rather go for the symptoms.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by texazzpete(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2011
naijaking1:

I'm surprised you're the only one without a buyers remorse about Sanusi, his failure as a CBN governor, because of his radical islamization of Nigeria via CBN, and his total lack of knowledge about basic economic priciples. From the courts, to the streets, and even here in N/L, I have restrained from yelling "I told you so" to you, Jarus, and a few others.

That is immaterial. By your own words, complaining about Sanusi here on Nairaland is the height of folly. You should be out there with a placard in Abuja calling for his sack.

The point i'm trying to make is that there is nothing wrong in voicing out your opposition to bad leadership. That is why Americans will complain about unemployment and the spiraling costs of gasoline. That is why bloggers in Iran were drumming up support for anti-government discussions.
Re: Peter Odili - Calluously Ostentatious by naijaking1: 11:51am On Jun 25, 2011
^^
Got you.
Carry on then.

(1) (Reply)

Exposed - Ibori's Role In Abacha's Killer Squad! / Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria / Cosmas Maduka: How Ifeanyi Ubah Swindled Me Of N21bn (FACTS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.