Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

2016 Mothering Sunday Celebration: Celebrating The Creator's Co-creators - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2016 Mothering Sunday Celebration: Celebrating The Creator's Co-creators (399 Views)

Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere / Happy Mothering Sunday / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 Mothering Sunday Celebration: Celebrating The Creator's Co-creators by ken2015: 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
2016 Mothering Sunday Celebration: Celebrating The Creator's Co-Creators
By Rev. Br. Kenneth Chigozie Alamezie, BSS

“A poor but truly praying mother/wife is a precious jewel of a sort, as she is indeed a virtuous woman. Her unique worth is incomparable; and incontestable is her inimitable feminine power cum ability to get a miracle out of a miserable situation; hence, she is also a game-changer. She is very much better than a wealthy father/husband, as her beautiful roses sent into heaven for her kids could easily shoot in them the midas touch, whereas a father whose pocket is heavy with gold but who doesn’t know how to send some beautiful lilies (prayer) up to heaven may end up turning his kiddos into freaky birdbrains!”
….. Br. Kenneth Chigozie Alamezie, BSS
Mothering Sunday celebration is one of the Church’s celebrations that have gradually gained massive applause by virtually all in Christendom today, and that is regardless of our existing petty doctrinal differences. On my side, my view of the celebration does not differ, either. And today I am going to state here something I have not given up repeating over the years-- since I was a lad-- and which I have had no regret whatsoever saying. Want to know what it is? Yep, I guess. Well, the thing is this, “that mothers are and will always be my favorite anytime, anywhere, and any day!” Yes, I guess I’ve really raised some dust. Perhaps some fathers reading this piece now might be wandering what sort of fellow is talking in this manner, possibly out of jealousy. Well, that doesn’t change a thing, as I would still repeat what I have just stated here even if you woke me up from a sleep. I have my reasons, though, which I may not include here for want of space. I hope that in future my bios would contain them. Yet, I’ll go straight to pen down a few points about mothers that make them exceptional.
Think about this:
To mothers the Creator has given the capacity and profundity of participating with Him in the creation of new life. Simply put, mothers are co-creators with the Creator, thus they are a gift from the Creator to humanity for continuity.
To them the Creator entrusts the care of every precious soul right from their very beginning in the womb, making thus their womb a paradise of a sort. No wonder babies cry a great deal when the time comes for them to leave that home of ‘seventh heaven’.
To them God has given the great privilege and responsibility of being a child’s first governess and spiritual guide; needless, then, to doubt their very enormous influence on their children.
Without downplaying the explicably powerful presence and unquantifiable work of our guardian angels, mothers undoubtedly remain the physical guardian angels God has given to every one of us.
To them God has given the power to give life as well as nourish and nurture it to maturity. Yet even at maturity, in some cases, they would not give up caring for their children, even the stupid ones among them.
To them God has given a heart that loves as His own, a heart that feels what others feel.
To them God has given the rare power to understand even the silence of a troubled soul, an attribute they share with the Creator himself.
To them God has given the power to see beyond the curtain of the physical into the remote world of a child’s future, thus their ability to foretell accurately what a child would become.
To them God has given the propensity for building and replicating a rather paradise atmosphere in the family, the reason they remain not the head of the family but the (engine room) heart of the family.
To them God has given the rare gift of surviving any give condition, no matter how acerbic it might appear.
In them lies the power to build or to destroy. You can find this out for yourself if you so doubt it.
They are the beauty of God’s creation; the wonder of the Creator’s masterpiece.
Every man who finds favor with the Creator receives a mother—like the Blessed Virgin Mary-- as his wife and jewel, whereas the contrary is the case with those that despise the lord. They get a ‘lady’—as can be seen in Jezebel or Delilah—instead.
The Church somewhat depends on mothers for her survival, as it lies in their hands to make or mar the domestic Church, of which the latter actually makes the former.
In them lies the power to effect change of any kind—though excluding the Buhari’s kind of change-- as they are the true agents of change.
With them lies the control of any society, to better it or not, as they are the first spiritual guides of every tomorrow’s leaders.
Only children who are but mere simpletons, morons may possibly not understand the value of their mothers, or despise them. Yet only the love of God to man can outclass the love of mothers to their children.
Only husbands who are but descendants of the cruel Cain may well raise their smutty murderous hands on their wives—I mean those who are truly mothers, and not the freaky daughters of Delilah.
Prayer for mothers
Loving God, Father of all graces, I beseech you to strengthen and bless all mothers, especially those of them suffering excruciating pain of crushing family burdens, considering also now that the sharp rise of dollar at the parallel market has affected virtually the prices of all commodities in the market, thus compounding their woes.
As our mothers give life and nourishment to their children,
so I beg you to give them long life and spiritual refreshment to nourish them continually. Watch over them jealously as you would your Church.
Bless with abounding grace these beautiful souls you have given us as mothers and guides, that they may take after the Blessed Virgin Mary in all things, as she is a true symbol of a genuine Christian mother, hence a compendium of holy virtues and encompassing beauty.
Let the example of their faith and love shine forth, seeing what overwhelming influence they command on their kiddos. For those of them in politics that have followed bad examples, walking now in the way of looters and looting with reckless abandon the nation’s near-empty treasury; outdoing even their male counterparts, who taught them the evil trade, may they turn a new leaf by adopting metanoia. As some of them have started returning their loots already—like the cancer-stricken ex minister of the liquid gold, who reportedly has brought back in dollars an equivalent of #27 trillion—may you bless their move. Also touch others whose feminine hearts have long become like brass, given to their involvement in fraud, to bring back to the nation’s purse all their loots. Inspire in the hearts of those whose husbands are thieves, callous thieves, whether they are temple thieves, national thieves, or otherwise, to urge them to desist from such disgusting trade and return their loots to the nation’s purse.
Give to the wife of our president, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, sufficient wisdom with which to help her scrupulous but clueless husband pilot the nation’s troubled ship to a safe port.
Grant that we, their sons and daughters, may honor our mothers always with a spirit of profound love and respect.
I remember also all mothers who have passed over to the great beyond, through this year’s Mothering Sunday celebration may you grant them eternal rest, and to their children give a heart to trust in the maternal love and guidance of our Blessed Virgin Mary
Give to all pregnant mothers the favor for safe delivery devoid of any complication. Bless also those childless mothers asking you for their own babies. Grant their requests and make their joy complete.
Assist all "spiritual mothers,” those who, though they may have no children of their own, nevertheless selflessly care for the children of others -- of every age and state in life. Grant that they may know the joy of fulfilling this motherly calling of women, whether in teaching, nursing, religious life, or in other work, which recognizes and fosters the true dignity of every human being created in Your image and likeness.
Watch over every mother who is with child, strengthen her faith in Your fatherly care and love for her and for her unborn baby. Give her courage in times of fear or pain, understanding in times of uncertainty and doubt, and hope in times of trouble. Grant her joy in the birth of her child.

We beseech You to send Your Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to all mothers who sorrow for children that have died, are ill or estranged from their families, or who are in trouble or danger of any kind. Help grieving mothers to rely on Your tender mercy and fatherly love for all your children.
Grant this through Christ our Lord, Amen! God bless all mothers, especially my beautiful mother!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mothering Sunday Celebration: Celebrating The Creator's Co-creators by ATMC(f): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
God bless moms.

(1) (Reply)

Are Ushers And Church Workers True Christians?? / Why Does It Seem Like God Is Taking His Time Answering Your Prayers? / Isreali Man Sues God, Says He Should Stop Answering His Prayers...see Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.