Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Women And Their Double Standards. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women And Their Double Standards. (4707 Views)

Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / Business Women And Stay At Home Moms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:03am On Apr 06, 2016
Neverquit:
I agree.

I'm also not about equality but fairness. Treat each other with respect. Treat me the way you want to be treated. Don't expect submission when you're not ready to go the extra mile.

Some women and men need to understand that concept...BALANCE

Side note: that #6 really angers me. A friend went to jail because of it (they were not drunk though). Few days after having consenting séx, she reported to the cops that she was raped. Unfortunately, he spent few months in jail before the case was resolved. He was eventually cleared of all charges.

Mehn, the guy came out vexing. He's in the process of suing the girl. Just imagine the girl's wickedness.

@ Tallesty1, yes, some women want to eat their cake and have it, the same can be said about some men. My point is couples should treat each other with mutual respect and fairness

Ladies, men are not stùpid, if you're with them because of money, don't scream blue murder when they treat you like a doormat

C'est fini.

Gbam! Treat others they way you want to be treated fixes everything.

In fact we(u and i) should get married already.

Are you strong enough to chase out my gf?

She has brown belt on kunfu and beats me all the timecrycrycrycrycry

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:10am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:
I was expecting this
Op for some reasons I won't agree with 9 & 12
May I know your reasons?

Bring them on dear.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:11am On Apr 06, 2016
juhan:
what are you saying
Why do you close your eyes while kissing?
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:18am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:

Yes accepted but not to be trampled upon
Not fighting for equality but just respect us and take our opinion sometimes
Not sometimes dear.

It should be taken 100% of the times it is right and on the few cases that the man may have a better idea, he should explain to her why her own will not be taken.

That's what good husbands and fathers do.

I have had a couple of business partnership and decision making in marriage is similar to decision making in those partnership.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:20am On Apr 06, 2016
bukatyne:
Ridiculous OP;

A lot I cannot connect with.

Like I told mimzy,

Your world, your rules.
Happy Easter In Arrears.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 06, 2016
Oh, here comes one of the few who wouldn't stand up for their own... Cheers wink

bukatyne:
Ridiculous OP;

A lot I cannot connect with.

Like I told mimzy,

Your world, your rules.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2016
Let this be the last time you will carry sleepy eyes enter my threadangryangry
Kachisbarbie:
I done tire, men should be men _ women should be women. If you no wan be human being, you can as well be a shower curtain.

Goodnight.
gringringringrin@shower curtaingringringringrin
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 6:28am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Oh, here comes one of the few who wouldn't stand up for their own... Cheers wink

Swerrie.

When I checked your profile and saw ur pix, I remembered how awkward it is for me to hug some people because I just won't know where to put my hands.

It seems your left hand had the same problem when you were taking that pix.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 06, 2016
As in ehn cheesy grin

Suigeneris93:
Mimzy be viewing this thread like

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
May I know your reasons?

Bring them on dear.
A women shouldn't be allow to wear whatever she wanted, and whoever tag unclothedness sexy should get his or her head examined

As per money ish, to me my money isn't only my money alone and same goes for my partner. I learnt that from my mum and believe me plenty women I have meant think the same way too
Good morning
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 06, 2016
grin grin

Tallesty1:
Swerrie.

When I checked your profile and saw ur pix, I remembered how awkward it is for me to hug some people because I just won't know where to put my hands.

It seems your left hand had the same problem when you were taking that pix.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:

A women shouldn't be allow to wear whatever she wanted, and whoever tag unclothedness sexy should get his or her head examined
We have had that debate a couple of times here. Men who complained are either tagged pervs or advice to look away. Some even stressed that the woman may be trying to express something.

Some said that it is their body and whatever they decide to do with it so no man's business.

onstelly:
As per money ish, to me my money isn't only my money alone and same goes for my partner. I learnt that from my mum and believe me plenty women I have meant think the same way too
Good morning
Good morning dear. Hope your night was good.

#Respect to your mom.

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
grin grin

See her front teethcheesy

Morning.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
We have had that debate a couple of times here. Men who complained are either tagged pervs or advice to look away. Some even stressed that the woman may be trying to express something.

Some said that it is their body and whatever they decide to do with it so no man's business.

Good morning dear. Hope your night was good.

#Respect to your mom.
Lol at its her visit and whatever they decide to do with it is no man's business, it's alright.
My night was good.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2016
Good morning jare. Have a stress free day smiley

Tallesty1:
See her front teethcheesy

Morning.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by SAMBARRY: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2016
Abeg let us hear word jare.that's how it has been and will continue to be however The only area where yOu're right and I admit because I'm also guilty is number 11

When I go to the ladies to ease myself and I see the loo is all messed up I go to the gents tongue

However I usually get this ewww what is this perv looking for here face. Wetin consain me.I just carry a straight bold face do what i want to do and leave there but if a man enter the ladies every body will hear of it and be labelled a perv or closet r@peers

Emabinu lipsrsealed cool
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by krak101(m): 8:14am On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:

Yes accepted but not to be trampled upon
Not fighting for equality but just respect us and take our opinion sometimes
If the whole propaganda was about mutual respect that's perfectly fine.fighting for equality is what feminists are all about whereas God created man and woman with specific features for specific job descriptions.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 8:37am On Apr 06, 2016
krak101:
If the whole propaganda was about mutual respect that's perfectly fine.fighting for equality is what feminists are all about whereas God created man and woman with specific features for specific job descriptions.
I understand your point

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Neverquit(f): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ha ha...brown belt in Kung fu is nothing. I am Grand Master in Krav Maga grin

Beats you? shocked cry... we don 'enter' the same trousers.

*cracks knuckles*

Tallesty1:
Gbam! Treat others they way you want to be treated fixes everything.

In fact we(u and i) should get married already.

Are you strong enough to chase out my gf?

She has brown belt on kunfu and beats me all the timecrycrycrycrycry

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Adaeze003(f): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
krak101:
when God created Eve, she was put under the man's authority. Don't know where these feminists get their doctrines from #endtimedesires

Actually, this is false... the whole authority thing came up after they ate the apple, it was actually a curse for woman...

That aside, why is it that whenever gender equality is mentioned, the op@tallesty1 is always up and about crying about it? Like why does it make you so angry and bitter, sometimes it sounds like you can't breathe? Do you see women as inferior beings or what? Like what's your anger about

2 Likes

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by crackhaus: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

Lol I don't buy the 'equality' thing because everyone has his own interpretation.For me i will rather talk about flexibility or rather flexible fairness.

Partners should contribute to their shared life in different ways and in different degrees and over time the balance fluctuates.

There are two things involve here; trusting that your partner is doing all he or she can, and making sure that you are doing all that you can.It is as simple as that.

edwife:
I detest double standards in all ramification.
Lol, na so...

This here is a woman typing with eyes wide open gringrin
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by edwife(f): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, na so...

This here is a woman typing with eyes wide open gringrin

Nah i was actually sleeping while typing that. gringrin

But it's true,i hate double standard be it woman or man.
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
krak101:
when God created Eve, she was put under the man's authority. Don't know where these feminists get their doctrines from #endtimedesires
Not THE man, but HER man's authority.

However, a feminist can not be a Christian so that should explain your bewilderment.
Anyone claiming to be both feminist and Christian is either not truly one half, or she's really both and suffering from a serious psychological disorder.

2 Likes

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by crackhaus: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

Nah i was actually sleeping while typing that. gringrin

But it's true,i hate double standard be it woman or man.
Since when does Edwife sleep before 9pm? gringrin

Nightwalker! tongue
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by krak101(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
crackhaus:

Not THE man, but HER man's authority.

However, a feminist can not be a Christian so that should explain your bewilderment.
Anyone claiming to be both feminist and Christian is either not truly one half, or she's really both and suffering from a serious psychological disorder.
Well said
Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
Adaeze003:
Actually, this is false... the whole authority thing came up after they ate the apple, it was actually a curse for woman...
This is false..... Eve was created from Adam’s rib. ... This pretty much explains everything. If God had so desired, He could easily have formed Eve from the dust of the ground but he didn't because he knew that it will be twisted in the future.
Adaeze003:
That aside, why is it that whenever gender equality is mentioned, the op@tallesty1 is always up and about crying about it?
First thing first, such posts or threads were created for people to comment on them? Right?

Good.

Dunno what you mean by cry.

I honestly don't know how to cry..
Adaeze003:
Like why does it make you so angry and bitter.
My dear.. You're wrong. Equality post doesn't make me angry because Nigeria women won't allow equality to work 100% so I just enjoy myself by commenting on them.

I hardly get angry because it is dangerous when I am angry so stop jumping to premature conclusions.

Adaeze003:
sometimes it sounds like you can't breathe?
You 4 come and put ur hand 4 my Nose to know if air dey come out.

Diz girl sef.

Adaeze003:
Do you see women as inferior beings or what?
I am 100% in support of equality but I detest feminism.

That's just it.

Most of times I comment on equality post, I always highlight reasons why it may never work 100% in Nigeria and what women need to correct to make it work.
Adaeze003:

Like what's your anger about
Sighs...... I am not angry but I like clamping on people who want to eat their cake and still have it.

I support equality in the right aspect, ie the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. I will stand up for that at any given time but a closer look at the original aim of that movement shows that it has been achieved where it's feasible in Nigeria.

In Nigeria for example, I think women are already given the total equality so they can do whatever they want that men can do.

In politics, Nigeria women can be politicians, governors, senates presidents, and they can vote.

Socially. They have a right to pursue education , career and pick whatever they want as their career and have a good healthy life.

Economically. Our women can earn money, women can save in banks women can handle money and trade with whoever they want without any gender restriction so what on earth these misinformed, over-fed baby elephants ranting feminism at every corner out for?

Most times when you see where a woman is being oppressed, it caused mostly by another woman, directly or indirectly so why direct the hate on us?

That is about equality.

I hate Feminism because it has never been for equality, rather it is about improving the lives and statuses of women by degrading the lives and statuses of men.

The feminist concept of “equality” only serves to provide a framework for feminism, and to brainwash other unfortunate people, especially men, to support it.

Every woman I have met who called herself a feminist was also a sexist. All of them.

Ever tried to mention men's inequalities to a feminist? She will call you a sexist misogynist pig for. Feminism just supports and fights for superiority of women to men nothing else.

That's why I clamp on them.

1 Like

Re: Women And Their Double Standards. by Tallesty1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Neverquit:
Ha ha...brown belt in Kung fu is nothing. I am Grand Master in Krav Maga grin

Beats you? shocked cry... we don 'enter' the same trousers.

*cracks knuckles*

I knew that a messiah would come Sunday.

*sings praises*

But wait...... Is a Grand Master in Krav Maga not worse than a blue belter in kunfu?

This sounds like jumping from frying pan to prying fansadsad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The World Turning Into? Are Women Beating Men At The Game? / Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart / 30 Years Old Man With A Rare Baby Face, Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.