Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? (20170 Views)

List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos) / Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS / INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by chigoizie7(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2016
U mean the "NO MAN's LAND"?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by oluamid(m): 8:12am On Apr 07, 2016
This is a good narrative of what an average Lagosian should be saying about the state. Not all this no man's land stuffs that is bound to land this thread into the abyss of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Raydos: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2016
Iffa Talk Now, Dem Go Ban Me - Lagos Ko, Laugust Ni, OverHyped City lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by jboy01(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2016
Nice write up. Eko o ni baje o!
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by candyboy(m): 8:18am On Apr 07, 2016
Chiwude:
The greatest threat to "The Spirit of Lagos" is tribalism. Until we start seeing Lagos as a melting pot for all and not the ethnic capital of some people, the spirit of Lagos will remain only but a dream. Eko oni baje o!

I remember ur tribe started it by saying Lagos is no man's land.... but we will not let that be... laye kojooo!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by ogaprime(m): 8:21am On Apr 07, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
All I know be say 'lagos na no man's land'. No body, no tribe, no ethnicity, own that land called lagos.

Then no king owns your village then, nobody owns the earth then. That means I can come to your village and request I be crown the king

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by candyboy(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
All I know be say 'lagos na no man's land'. No body, no tribe, no ethnicity, own that land called lagos.

You sounded like a wounded historian Professor, Can you show us your proof?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by lastpage: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2016
JusticeABC:
By Azuka Onwuka

But he seems to be cutting ties with some key Lagos messages that will help him achieve better results in the long run by reshaping how people view Lagos. For example, when was the last time you heard [b]“Eko o ni baje!” (Lagos will not spoil)? It seems to have gone with Ambode’s predecessor, Mr Babatunde Fashola[/b]. This was an expression that was on the lips of most Lagosians for many years. Why was it jettisoned by Ambode? Maybe, because he wants to create his own slogan. This reminds us of the American expression: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

That same fate has also befallen the Spirit of Lagos campaign. The first time I saw the campaign of the Spirit of Lagos, I fell in love with it. It was a campaign that sought to change the orientation of Lagosians by making them take ownership of their environment, by doing the right thing, by believing that Lagosians are not bad people, by allowing their conscience to talk to them when they want to drop trash on the road or cross the expressway or beat the traffic light. These are simple issues that most of us don’t even pay attention to. But they have a serious effect on the state.

Look, the only reason you seldom hear the phrase "Eko o'ni baje" any more is because in REALITY, under Ambode, a lot of things done dey b'aje for Lagos!

Lagosians just dont shout slogans, if they are not seeing and feeling the impact! Lagosians are likely the smartest peeps in Nigeria.

All Ambode does is erect big signboards of himself all over the place, "promising" to start repair work on a Road, he will dig up the road and then abandon it, causing even more hardship to the road users (Go and Check Borno Way in Ebute Metta ...... l dorve past the place in January and then a week ago.)

Insecurity is a huge problem in Lagos, you'll likely get robbed once its after 7pm!
Area Boys and Omo-Oni'le are harassing people up and down, at every Junction you drive past!
Some of these Criminals will even tell you that The "Government has given them the green-light for their activities" and the Police gives them cover!
Even worse are the criminals occupying LGA seats as chairmen/persons!
Go and look at all street roads (which falls under their purview)..... its so bad you will think a Tsunami passed by because they just share the LGA allocation and the Governor smiles at them (I know some of these LGA chairs complain quietly about how the Governor and his tin-god at Bourdillon force them to part with a large chunk of their allocation while they loot the rest). undecided

EFCC and other Security agencies must save us from the grip of these Thugs installed as LGA chairs.
We want credible people to hold those posts as it is the grass-root and closest arm of Government to the people...... but with the "annointing policy" of APC, how will that happen?

Eko is gradually 'baje-in, if Ambode would not get down to real work ....and stop his frequent night-clubbing activities! undecided
I hope he is aware that the Public Water Works have been off for almost five days now, and this wont be the first time under his leadership!
It was not this frequent under Fashola.

Anyway, l blame Tinubu for foisting "omo-baba" on APC.... since PDP is a no-go area in Lagos! grin

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by candyboy(m): 8:27am On Apr 07, 2016
Raydos:
Iffa Talk Now, Dem Go Ban Me - Lagos Ko, Laugust Ni, OverHyped City lipsrsealed

Show us ur city and we'll judge if truely Lagos is overhyped as you claimed.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by aleem50(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2016
Abeg nobody should reply those saying no man'a land .When nobody does,they won't say it gain till they will die.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by aleem50(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2016
Abeg nobody should reply those saying no man'a land .When nobody does,they won't say it again till they will die.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Nusaf: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Chascop:

should I tag you a foolish person or a charlatan?

what nonsense. What are you even saying?
Why the insult?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Nusaf:

Why the insult?
Boo I'm not
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Raydos: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2016
candyboy:

Show us ur city and we'll judge if truely Lagos is overhyped as you claimed.

Kilo n Ṣe ẹ Na??

Ṣe Inu Ídọti Ti Ẹ n Pe Ni Lagos Yẹn Na Lo Jẹ Ki Inu ẹ Màa Dun Bayi??

We Need Project That Will Fast-Track Lagos State Development, I Read A News Few Minutes Back That Ambode Wanna Upgrade Lagos Slums!

But This Projects Are Only On Paper, It Can Never Come To Fruition Even In The Next 50years

I'm Not Hating!

Lagos Will Be Celebrating Her 50years Soon In That Same Slum, Lol.

Look At Johannesburg, Capetown, Cairo, And So On.

Stop OverHyping Lagos Pls

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by joedrae(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2016
A good one! I hope Ambode will get to read this.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Itesiwaju Eko Lo je wa logun! Nice write up.☺
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by olamixx(m): 8:41am On Apr 07, 2016
another reasonable person spotted
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2016
Lagos Is my city . .... Tell me of any other city in Nigeria that is a no man's land and I will agree with u.
chigoizie7:
U mean the "NO MAN's LAND"?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by bacco2000(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2016
eazyfreez:
seconded

Thirded
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by seyitony1(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2016
Noted.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by gaffig: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2016
Raydos:

Kilo n Ṣe ẹ Na??

We Need Project That Will Fast-Track Lagos State Development, I Read A News Few Minutes Back That Ambode Wanna Upgrade Lagos Slums!

But This Projects Are Only On Paper, It Can Never Come To Fruition Even In The Next 50years

I'm Not Hating!

chai ur stupidity is overwhelming.. Clap for urself.. Where u dey live sef?

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Damicares(f): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2016
I love this. Nice one.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Phantom2(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Raydos:

Kilo n Ṣe ẹ Na??

I'm Not Hating!

which African country or Nigerian state doesn't have slums undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by OneManLegion(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:

Mumu.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by Missmossy(f): 9:13am On Apr 07, 2016
So true, here in lagos an average Nigerian believes in each man for himself. Besides terrible things happen that makes you scared to help anyone.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by pwettiejay(f): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2016
Eko o ni baje oooo! Nice writeup
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by S1rsubway1: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
God bless my state. #Itesiwaju eko lo sure ju.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by igboboy3(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2016
candyboy:

I remember ur tribe started it by saying Lagos is no man's land.... but we will not let that be... laye kojooo!

Dey dia and be deceiving your self.
Ambode appointed a Northerner to his cabinet
Igbos are winning elections in more than one constituency in Lagos.
The head of the 25billion employment fund, Omoigui-Okauru, is not a Lagosian

If you like, don't adapt with the times. Remain archaic like a tree until the flood of change will sweep you away

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by LadyExcellency: 9:27am On Apr 07, 2016
bibelo:

I agree with you in some aspects but disagree with you on the ethnic capital of some people. Lagos is pure Yoruba land, and very accommodating, show me any south east state that ever appointed a Yoruba man in its executive cabinet? None. .... But Lagos appointed Ben akabueze as commissioner for economic planning and budget for 8years, a post that has approval limit for expenditures above the approval limit of the deputy governor. The slogan is now "Itesiwaju Eko lo je wa logun".

Stop the nonsense, they have the majority in some constituencies to win elections without your input.

It is called proportional representation and not a Favour. Let it sink into your thick skull.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by curvilicious: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2016
Change of government is always change of everything in this nation.
Continuity wld've been better

Eko o ni baje o! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by femiranking28(m): 9:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Lagos will be 50 wow are you sure cause portharcourt was 100 some years back
Re: What Happened To The Spirit Of Lagos? by folks4luv(f): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2016
I really agree with the op. I was kinda scared going to lag for d first time last year that I was too conscious n careful, but after 2 visits, though I don't know much about lag, I can say it is not as bad as d reports I have been hearing since I was a kid. in fact, I miss lag everyday n I hope I get a job in lag soon. but d tribal sentiment is something that must b taken care of, sensed a lot if it. imagine a load pusher that carried my bags was so convinced Yorubas are evil n wicked, he was an Edo man, n I just completed my service year in Edo, so I made him realize Edo people too are wicked lol. but d traffic? jeez!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another PDP Senator, John Enoh Decamps To APC / Michael Achimugu, Fomer Aide To Atiku Abubakar Accuses Him Of Corruption / PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.