Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. (2281 Views)

FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu / Strike: Why We Parted Ways With NLC –TUC President / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by jkarmstrong(m): 5:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Ah, beware the voice of the mob. As much as
we seek a marked improvement in the nation's
economic woes we must be careful not to speak
in unison for pointless action.

It is a far too common failing especially when
things have taken a dire turn, when people see
little to hope for, when disillusion, and
disenchantment take hold, for people----with their
backs firmly pitched against the wall--- to rally
around a cause, to forcefully push for action, any
action that offers a semblance of hope, that
promises respite from the severe whiplash they
endure, regardless of how pointless and
unrealistic the intended action is.

It seems that people care so much more about
the intended action, whatever it is, than about
whether it is action or solution that will work, or
that is useful, or that is not altogether pointless,
or that will not flat out worsen things.

People want action, they want to raise dust, they
want to appear to do something, they want a
false and many times misleading sense of
control, of power, of taking charge of their lives
that comes from action, any kind of action.
Perhaps they are right, and we should be entirely
understanding, but it is easy to forget that the
best thing to do sometimes, the best action to
take is to do nothing.

That is right: keeping still get things done
and raising dust doesn't always. ( Yes if you raise
dust it doesn't mean real work is being
done-----------for what is worth you might end up
worsening things.)

The nigerian economic outlook is dim, no doubt.
The NLC intends a strike. Reading through the
comments here it is obvious people
want a strike too. Now I am no APC
supporter, but it is evident to me that a strike
action--------if the nlc carrries on with it-----is
pointless and serves no purpose.

The history of industrial action in this country is plain for all to see, its relative failures and successes, no need to further elaborate on it, but is it frankly speaking what we need now? If we go this path, what does the NLC remotely hope to achieve with it?

I trust we want the best for our country, I trust
we want this government to succeed and steer
us clear to safe economic shores, we should
know that compounding its concerns and
distracting it with a pointless strike is no way to
go.

The NLC and Nigerians by extension should take
care to let the government work in peace without
the pointlessness of a strike action.
I say this as a nonpartisan and concerned
citizen: in this charged economic times we must
beware the voice of the mob.

2 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by chriskosherbal(m): 5:43am On Apr 07, 2016
The government should do everything within her power to resolve this lingerie crisis, once and for all.

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by xreal: 5:50am On Apr 07, 2016
I never read.

But, I see no reason to oppose it.

12 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by jkarmstrong(m): 5:52am On Apr 07, 2016
chriskosherbal:
The government should do everything within her power to resolve this lingerie crisis, once and for all.

Yes I completely agree with you. But we have to make sure we don't make their jobs far more difficult. Be careful what you wish for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by jkarmstrong(m): 5:54am On Apr 07, 2016
xreal:
I never read.
But, I see no reason to oppose it.
Read first then you comment. You might see reasons, who knows.
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by dorodee(m): 6:08am On Apr 07, 2016
That strike is long over due!
Mean while today 7th will be another April fools day in Nigeria courtesy of our petroleum ministers.

16 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by Achuwa1(m): 6:17am On Apr 07, 2016
NLC are only coming out to speak now coz kachikwu has promised or have even started flooding the market already with fuel.
its painful tht NLC has become a tool of Apc under dis administration coz oshiomole is the one telling them when to speak & not to.
where have they been a month after the pains of fuel scarcity ? NLC has being compromised & its painful the ppl has already spent twice of the 18k minimum wage on transport just in a month out of the period of fuel scarcity.
The should rather fight for salary increament than going to compound the woes of the masses by going to strike,though I know they won't go on strike coz oshiomole is their patron.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by great664(m): 6:27am On Apr 07, 2016
You just wrote a beautiful POEM with no meaning grin From ur write up I can say u are not a Nigerian or u are but don't reside in the country or you are a Politician Son. I stand to be corrected

Its true We don't want the strike or protest all we want is a REVOLUTION to wipe out the political Class.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by otokx(m): 6:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Petrol @ 170 per litre at the pump in Port Harcourt is no joke.

No light so small businesses are suffering.

6 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by orunto27: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2016
Let the Strike go on for it is a good evidence for NASS to impeach the President and for the Military to take over whenever.

7 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by demolinka(m): 6:36am On Apr 07, 2016
A nationwide strike would be totally unnecessary. What would the strike achieve? Immediate disappearance of queues and constant power supply? Resignation of the thieving elites? The NLC should stop playing to the gallery, although it seems a whole lot of the masses don't understand what the cause of this challenges are, thanks to the FG's inability to adequately proffer an explanation.
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by nnachukz(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2016
How will one suggest I oppose something that will lead me out of suffering. Your jaz no fit catch me, I will even lend my car with the last fuel inside its tank for the protest.

16 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by 1shortblackboy: 6:41am On Apr 07, 2016
chriskosherbal:
no be only lingerie na pant and bra

14 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by okosodo: 6:51am On Apr 07, 2016
It is a nonesense post, but i support the strike because i was now beginning to think that there is a conspiracy against us

8 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by otukpo(f): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2016
The strike is long over due.

Buhari and his team have given us the real meaning of clueslessness.

11 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by gentleheart1(f): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
I wonder what the NLC has been waiting for, workers are the ones suffering and something has to be done urgently.

Whoever is against the strike is an enemy of progress and probably a supporter of Apc.

Enough is Enough please!

7 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by ckmayoca: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
I ve been within my hood for 30 cos of leave, but on resuming yestarday, I was like whadafuck! Every drop got doubled. A trip of 200 now 400. And the bike man busted into laugher like am a foreigner. At this season transportation allowance is needed oh.

5 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by eph12(m): 7:11am On Apr 07, 2016
If the strike means I don't have to go to work I think it's the right thing to do sir. In fact it's long overdue. Reason is that I have been spending double or sometimes tripple on transport fare to work. Is that fair? I pay heavily to get fuel for my house, no security, no goverment water etc but we are taxed heavily. Please if you don't know what to say just keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by eph12(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2016
demolinka:
A nationwide strike would be totally unnecessary. What would the strike achieve? Immediate disappearance of queues and constant power supply? Resignation of the thieving elites? The NLC should stop playing to the gallery, although it seems a whole lot of the masses don't understand what the cause of this challenges are, thanks to the FG's inability to adequately proffer an explanation.
At least we won't have to go to work so we don't spend more than what was budgeted for transport.

5 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2016
Op please go and sleep.

7 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by Pidggin(f): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2016
Finally NLC have woken up.

We do need a more vibrant Labour Union
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by todayboy: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari must go

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by wisest10: 7:58am On Apr 07, 2016
i tink d writer of dis article is an enemy of human being and an apc brainwashed project, why should u oppose it, we are dieing and this is d only way to tell buhari we are tired, wakeup, nigerians are no longer babies...

2 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by iyb(m): 8:02am On Apr 07, 2016
What will the strike achieve it will only further destabilise the country and guess who will suffer more it's the masses the ones that need to go out everyday to get food for their family
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by mrhansome12(m): 8:08am On Apr 07, 2016
An article by a paid APC internet defender

3 Likes

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by demolinka(m): 8:21am On Apr 07, 2016
eph12:

At least we won't have to go to work so we don't spend more than what was budgeted for transport.
Very Sharp badt guys!

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by freeze001(f): 8:28am On Apr 07, 2016
I just no wan talk give this op make e no be like say I know am before or I get am for mind because if I start! Hmmm....he will know that there is deliberate oppression being callously unleashed on the people and he wants Nigerians to allow them kill citizens in peace in the name of working.

Make I no just talk!
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by duality(m): 8:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Just like a jonathanian said this during the occupy Nigeria strike also the long ASUU strike, the supporters of the opposition then, said the opposite. It's normal for the Buharideens, to want to play emotional or go lyrical when you mention "strike" search this forum and see dozens of threads on the need for revolution created then. The reasons for such was to activate emotions and propel hate for anan administration that was having sleepless nights and marathon meetings, trying to demystify the Nigeria problems and solve them even when surrounded by killers and criminals.

During the ASUU strike, where the president said it was political, The opposition attacked him again for saying so. I could remember the ASUU president saying, (this government is not for us, we are talking about rescuing our universities and the president is saying this strike is political? How can it be political! ) same with Lai Mohammed.

We know that no buharideen will want to hear strike! To them, it means attacking this government. It's not about making the government to do the right thing, by going the extra mile to alleviate the pains of Nigerians.

For me, if the purchasing power of Nigerians have reduced so drastically in just 1 year, salaries and pension have not been paid, the cost of petrol have tripled, same with commodity prices, the petrol stations have become so chaotic, workers have to go to work paying triple the transportation cost,Then return home, no light, yet there's an increase in electricity bill waiting to be paid and salaries have not increased....

Abeg, the call for strike by NLC is justified. No sentiments.

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2016
the strike is long overdue. I see no reason to oppose it.
the government is taking us for a ride. at least they should have addressed the nation If they really care about us.

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2016
duality:
Just like a jonathanian said this during the occupy Nigeria strike also the long ASUU strike, the supporters of the opposition then, said the opposite. It's normal for the Buharideens, to want to play emotional or go lyrical when you mention "strike" search this forum and see dozens of threads on the need for revolution created then. The reasons for such was to activate emotions and propel hate for anan administration that was having sleepless nights and marathon meetings, trying to demystify the Nigeria problems and solve them even when surrounded by killers and criminals.

During the ASUU strike, where the president said it was political, The opposition attacked him again for saying so. I could remember the ASUU president saying, (this government is not for us, we are talking about rescuing our universities and the president is saying this strike is political? How can it be political! ) same with Lai Mohammed.

We know, that no buharideen will want to here strike! To them, it's attacking this government. It's not about making the government to do the right thing, by going the extra mile to alleviate the pains of Nigerians.

For me, if the purchasing power of Nigerians have reduced so drastically in just 1 year, salaries and pension have not been paid, the cost of petrol have tripled, same with commodity prices, the petrol stations have become so chaotic, workers have to go to work paying triple the transportation cost,Then return home, no light, yet there's an increase in electricity bill waiting to be paid and salaries have not increased....

Abeg, the call for strike by NLC is justified. No sentiments.
hello. I am a buharist and I totally support the strike.
Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by ogmaskman: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2016
I support the op to the extent that we do not need the NLC to start a movement. We all saw how they faired over the years. The govt call the leaders, line their pockets and the strike is over. We all saw how Labour leaders went to aso rock with cap in hand to beg for honey instead of representing their constituencies during the last fuel hike.
We do not need an NLC coordinated strike at this point. when the time is right a big protest will naturally occur. A protest that will capture the feeling and suffering of the common man. One that is driven by hunger and lack. One that will change the face of Nigeria for the better. Rightly or wrongly, some folks will support the strike hoping to have a breather, but I tell you it will turn out to be perfum over Shi.it.

Modified:
Except someone is saying here that this strike is to score political point as was the case many times in the past. The problems plaguing this country cut across tribe, religion, political bias and region.

1 Like

Re: PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. by jkarmstrong(m): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
demolinka:

Help me tell them. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jibrin Reacts On APC Invitation And Hon. Jagaba Adams Claims / Why Is That No Nigerian Media Reported Aisha Buhari's Returns To Nigeria / Names Of Niger Delta Leaders That Met With President Buhari Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.