Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ (18382 Views)

Niger Delta Volunteer Force Members Surrender Arms And Charms / 8000 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily – Military / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Blackberrybabes: 6:27am On Apr 07, 2016
The Defence authorities have said that not less than 800 members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect had surrendered to the military in the last three weeks.
The Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, confirmed to our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday that 800 of the insurgents surrendered to the troops of the Nigerian Army in the last three weeks.
He said, “I can confirm that about 800 of the Boko Haram members have surrendered to the military.”
Abubakar spoke barely 24 hours after the Defence Headquarters announced the establishment of a rehabilitation camp for repentant Boko Haram members.
Abubakar had said in a statement on Tuesday that the rehabilitation camp was being established under Operation Safe Corridor which was created as a platform to rehabilitate and integrate repentant members of the sect to the society.

He had said that the insurgents would be made to go through vocational training under the programme and empowered for reintegration into the society.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army said on Wednesday that it had rescued 11,595 captives of the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East in the last one month.

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said in a statement on Wednesday that some of the hostages were rescued from the communities erstwhile under Boko Haram control in the North-East while others were received from Cameroon.
He stated that out of the figure, the troops of the 155 Task Force Battalion received 10,000 refugees from the Cameroonian authorities at Banki and the Bama area on March 1,2916.
Usman said that the Army Headquarters Special Forces Battalion rescued 779 captives at Fotokol general area between Nigeria and Cameroon in addition to 63 others freed from Boko Haram at Maleri, Borno State.

He added that the troops of the 254 Task Force Battalion also rescued 45 persons at Kuaguru, while 143 Battalion similarly rescued 27 persons at Gadayamo,15 at Galadadani Dam in Madagali and 10 persons from Disa village in the first week March, 2016.
The Acting Army spokesman added that troops of the 22 Brigade and their counterparts from the Army Headquarters Strike Group freed 309 hostages from the Boko Haram at the Kala Balge general area on March 23, 2016.

According to him, similar efforts yielded results with the rescue of 48 men, 85 women, 137 children at Zahdra and Weige villages by troops of the 25 Task Force Brigade on March 30,2016.

http://www.punchng.com/800-bharam-members-surrender-dhq/

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Blackberrybabes: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by ogaontop(m): 6:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Goodnews!

Or Do They "Technically" Surrendered

9 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Tallesty1(m): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Pictures, Video and Audio or we won't believe it.
omobaekiti:
Even if they match the surrendered BH members on the tip of your nose I doubt if you would believe. Believe or not the Nigerian Army is winning the war under our able commander in chief,President Muhammadu Buhari...#istandwithbuhari
I envy your faith bro, because how you manage to stand with a moving president really baffles me.

But my comment isn't about standing with buhari or NA victory over bokoharam. It is about NA and their lies.

They claimed recently that they killed some members of bokoharam but the pictures they upload were pictures of one dead bokoharamist that was snapped from different angles. You see? So I can't believe them without good evidence.

You lose people's trust when they bust your lies.

Buhari: I heard my ringing tone.

Osibanjo: Nah Obasanjo dey call but the phone don switch off.

Buhari: Low battery?

Osibanjo: Yes baba.

Buhari: Do you have battery in your laptop?

Osibanjo: Yes but e no full.

Buhari: Ok, enter Facebook and ask Chinese president if we can come today. I really need to charge this phone.

Osibanjo: Abi? This heat is killing, let's go and enjoy his AC.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by wilcox(m): 6:33am On Apr 07, 2016
Hope this is not another event of playing to the gallery? If the assertion is right, then the war is been won but if otherwise I fear for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by jumobi1(m): 6:35am On Apr 07, 2016
Pictures. They might as well tell us 100000 surrendered

10 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Ibelong2God: 6:35am On Apr 07, 2016
evidence please?

6 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Kyase(m): 6:37am On Apr 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
GnD

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by omenka(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Still believe when these conditions are satisfied, you still demand a breakfast or dinner with the deserters to believe.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:40am On Apr 07, 2016
keep deceiving yourselves.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by okosodo: 6:41am On Apr 07, 2016
The army shoul not deceive us naw! we are tired of hearing lies from them

11 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Tallesty1(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

GnD
After Your Burial

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by omobaekiti: 6:48am On Apr 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Even if they match the surrendered BH members on the tip of your nose I doubt if you would believe. Believe or not the Nigerian Army is winning the war under our able commander in chief,President Muhammadu Buhari...#istandwithbuhari

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Justycxx(m): 6:50am On Apr 07, 2016
kill all them and show us live video coverage of that or else i'll treat the news the way nigerians treat every statement coming from lai mohammed

2 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Lattop(m): 6:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Justycxx:
kill all them and show us live video coverage of that or else i'll treat the news the way nigerians treat every statement coming from lai mohammed
LOLgrin

Oga Ow does Nigerian treat Lai Mohammed statements
Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by 1shortblackboy: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Using our money to feed and take care of mindless killers henh!

16 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Pidggin(f): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Where are their pictures? Liars

7 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by otukpo(f): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Government of fraud.

Everything about this govt is fraud.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by mars123(m): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Using our money to feed and take care of mindless killers henh!
my brother that is another way we can end terrorism.
Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by solid3(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2016
You can be sure this number will rise to up to 20,000 soon. Then they will begin to appropriate tax payers money to train and feed them and probably even pat them allowance.

Is this what America, Britain or France will do?

6 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by seunlayi(m): 7:23am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria has bn doomed since 1914

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by loomer: 7:25am On Apr 07, 2016
See how them just dey fix figures as them like.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by greatiyk4u(m): 7:32am On Apr 07, 2016
The end near!
Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by omobaekiti: 7:55am On Apr 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Pictures, Video and Audio or we won't believe it.I envy your faith bro, because how you manage to stand with a moving president really baffles me.

But my comment isn't about standing with buhari or NA victory over bokoharam. It is about NA and their lies.

They claimed recently that they killed some members of bokoharam but the pictures they upload were pictures of one dead bokoharamist that was snapped from different angles. You see? So I can't believe them without good evidence.

You lose people's trust when they bust your lies.

Faith?ermmm maybe! but you have to know that the President is condemned to deliver...as for the NA I understand your position on that however if you have been to the area where all the fighting and terror attack happen,you will try and cut the NA some slack...sometimes around 2013/2014 I was on the road to Maiduguri from gombe, we had an attack by the BH and I know how the army reacted and what they did.

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Fmartin(m): 7:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Buratai, do d nidful. As u early said, 'forgiveness is God's duty'

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2016
What sort of nonsense news is this? Ok it's good news, yes buh do these military guys think we're all uneducated zombies like our dull.ard president?
We need pictures of the 800 surrendered BH members, or at least pictures or their recovered arms(the link doesn't provide them either) . Abi them surrender without their weapons? when the militants surrendered, it was televised on national TV with a cache of their arms, so what are we talking about?
Zombies, over to you

7 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Lilimax(f): 8:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Are they the ones that will be re- settled in a camp? embarassed

**Watching you people in 3D****

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 07, 2016
The only government that defends terrorists,

this Blackberry lady is really making me proud. Next linda ikeji(not wikzid own o)

1 Like

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Is it not too early in the year to kickoff this lie?

2 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by ojun50(m): 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Oga wey chibok girls? Whether 800 Surrender or nt if chibok no come out alive na won wast resources for dis once head again after d damage

2 Likes

Re: 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender – DHQ by MadCow1: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Yes Boss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Irate Youths Attempt To Take Over Radio Nigeria, Ibadan. Normalcy Restored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.