Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill (574 Views)

Whistleblowers Arrested Over False Information About Governor Dickson's Brother / El-rufai’s Religious Policies Will Tear Nigeria Apart – Shi’ites / El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by Ridwan1821: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2016
I think this religious bill is supposed to be done in all states in Nigeria.. I listened to Channels tv dis midnight and it was Gov El-Rufai that had a media chat with three channels presenters (Chamberlain Usoh, Maupe Ogun and Suleiman Aledeh).
Gov El-Rufai stated d reasons for dis bill and bcuz of these reasons, I think the Religious bill is a thing worth doing. To me, the bill is more targeted to Religious extremists.. Those people that are saying it is Anti-Christian are people staying outside Kaduna state, they do not know about how things are going in Kaduna state. Gov El-Rufai so said many religious violence that normally happen in d state is caused by fake prophets and clerics. He talked about one woman who claimed to be seeing and talking with d Messenger of Allah (Pbuh) and she cant even recite Surat Al-Fatiha of d holy Quran. He talked about many extremist groups that have been formed in Kaduna state and he also talked about d Shiites and how dey are committing a lot of atrocities in Kaduna state.
He said It's d Christian association of Nigeria or Muslim association that will render any pastor or cleric eligible of preaching b4 d state govt will give them license and d license will be renewed yearly.
This religious bill will reduce d number of fake prophets and clerics in d state and it will even stop religious violence bcuz no body or group will be allowed to play Religious cassette or audio that are saying negative things about other religions and also, there are places where these cassettes or audios can be played. U can't just play it anywhere to disturb people.

With these reasons, I will implore d state house of Assembly to pass d bill and I will like other governors to emulate Governor El-Rufai in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 07, 2016
Ridwan1821:
I think this religious bill is supposed to be done in all states in Nigeria.. I listened to Channels tv dis midnight and it was Gov El-Rufai that had a media chat with three channels presenters (Chamberlain Usoh, Maupe Ogun and Suleiman Aledeh).
Gov El-Rufai stated d reasons for dis bill and bcuz of these reasons, I think the Religious bill is a thing worth doing. To me, the bill is more targeted to Religious extremists.. Those people that are saying it is Anti-Christian are people staying outside Kaduna state, they do not know about how things are going in Kaduna state. Gov El-Rufai so said many religious violence that normally happen in d state is caused by fake prophets and clerics. He talked about one woman who claimed to be seeing and talking with d Messenger of Allah (Pbuh) and she cant even recite Surat Al-Fatiha of d holy Quran. He talked about many extremist groups that have been formed in Kaduna state and he also talked about d Shiites and how dey are committing a lot of atrocities in Kaduna state.
He said It's d Christian association of Nigeria or Muslim association that will render any pastor or cleric eligible of preaching b4 d state govt will give them license and d license will be renewed yearly.
This religious bill will reduce d number of fake prophets and clerics in d state and it will even stop religious violence bcuz no body or group will be allowed to play Religious cassette or audio that are saying negative things about other religions and also, there are places where these cassettes or audios can be played. U can't just play it anywhere to disturb people.

With these reasons, I will implore d state house of Assembly to pass d bill and I will like other governors to emulate Governor El-Rufai in that aspect.
Why didn't the bill include witches and wizards or even herbalist or people don't patronise them? Are they not causing havoc already
Re: What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by oneal10: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2016
Ignorance is the problem you have.
El-rufai is just telling you some part of the Bill that tends to cut extremists. Have you gone through the bill.
Why didn't El- rufai ban his Muslim people from putting speakers outside during their prayers. That one doesn't constitute public noise?
He has an agenda which he will never share with you. Please don't be fooled

3 Likes

Re: What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by Ridwan1821: 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
oneal10:
Ignorance is the problem you have.
El-rufai is just telling you some part of the Bill that tends to cut extremists. Have you gone through the bill.
Why didn't El- rufai ban his Muslim people from putting speakers outside during their prayers. That one doesn't constitute public noise?
He has an agenda which he will never share with you. Please don't be fooled.
The bill is targeted at banning the use of loudspeakers for religious purposes “other than inside a Mosque or Church and the surrounding areas outside the stipulated prayer times.”
https://www.naij.com/738574-el-rufai-takes-drastic-action-religious-preaching-kaduna-state.html

2 Likes

Re: What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by Curlieweed: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ridwan1821:
The bill is targeted at banning the use of loudspeakers for religious purposes “other than inside a Mosque or Church and the surrounding areas outside the stipulated prayer times.”
https://www.naij.com/738574-el-rufai-takes-drastic-action-religious-preaching-kaduna-state.html

The portion you highlighted is at the core of the problem with the law. It's purely discriminatory. The 1999 constitution apparently ensures freedom of religion. That freedom is not limited to Islam or Christianity. It becomes discriminatory for E-l-Ruffai and his friends to appropriate the powers to decide what religion is proper and those that are not.

It's either the KDSG bans public broadcast of all religious messages (a move I support given the refusal of the inhabitants to tolerate each other) or allow all religions to broadcast their message freely.
Re: What A Nairalander Have To Say About Governor Nasir El-rufai's Religious Bill by scribble: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
We only have Islamic extremists in Nigeria not Christian extremists

The bill should be Islam Regulation Bill and not Religious

It's Islam causing problems not Christianity

El rufai doesn't want to call a spade by its name

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Kaduna SSG Tells Panel Where Govt. Buried Hundreds Of Shia victims / Why APC May Not Survive Beyond 2016. / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi, Fashola, Ajimobi & Enelamah Checking A Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.