Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,784 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts (38521 Views)

Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Featured On Billboard (Pictured) / ★ Yemi Alade’s “mama Africa” Album Tops Itunes Charts Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naijalander: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2016
Smellymouth:
Nice one

Yes nice one. However Asa is the first Nigerian ever featured on the Billboard.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by tivta(m): 11:02am On Apr 08, 2016
Agreed wizkid can act like a kid at times but you can't deny the fact that he is talented, kind of reminds me of Justin Bieber in his early years...
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jamiubond009(m): 11:03am On Apr 08, 2016
Wizkid's director's face when aunty Linda asked him to have a taste of her '' igbin''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by jojothaiv(m): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:

Like Wizkid own for dat song... D only thing I take know say na Wizkid sef na say I don already hear Drake and d other gal for the song.
And Jesus wept....
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Omashowen: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2016
VACANCY
Service Centre Supervisor (3+ Exp @Supervisory level in CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SERVICE INDUSTRY) URGENTLY NEEDED
Qualification/Requirement:
B.Eng. Elect/Elect
2 yrs repair exp of Home Appliances.
Good oral/written communication and leadership skills
Should have knowledge of spare part planning and forecasting
Conversant with computer applications
Should be ready to relocate
Suitable candidates should send CV to wdmrecruitments@gmail.com
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nbote(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Timoleon:

finaly u av madt...he was probably hawking fuel though....i rushed to download hoping to hear a wizkid verse....i no know wetin dem dey call d part wey wizzy play for the song, but if na movie, na dis one dem dey call waka pass!
UIA04:

Kikikiki
Terror666:

Hahahahahahaha, u damn so funny
UIA04:

Kikikiki

But na true na, even from the sound of the his voice on song he was sounding like say na filling station e dey sef.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by efilefun(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2016
Check youtube you will find nothing less than 100 covers of that same track already online.
GreenWhiteGreen:
Hope the song becomes a hit. I mean back to back hit cool
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by BRAVO0(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2016
Famouson:
You mean to say God's blessings turned him into an arrogant disrespectful kid.?
to land u serious e slap dey hungry me, like what do you mean so for someone to defend himself against that old cargo shameless hater now disrespectful cmon mehn.!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naptu2: 11:15am On Apr 08, 2016
naijalander:

Asa, not Wizkid, is the first Nigerian to be featured of the Billboard Charts.

Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_My_Life_(Dr_Alban_song)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by laviecontinue: 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
Even if na only #wapapass him do for drake albulm, who say e no what am....
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naptu2: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2016
I suspect that Babatunde Olatunji was the first nigerian to be featured on Billboard charts. His album, Drums Of Passion was number 13 on the charts in 1960 (Babatunde Olatunji also won a Grammy Award). He said that he didn't make any money from that album until he met a US lawyer who helped him regain the rights to the album 20 years later.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2016
tomakint:
Really?
Eh. Yes
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by martinkem(m): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2016
naijalander:

Asa's Beautiful Imperfection was featured before D'banj.

Yeah that's true too
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
you call that a feature? Same thing dbanj did for kanye?

If you aint gonna properly feature me then why bother?

Treating em like some crap.

I get u, bruh. Bt remember sometimes u gotta be treated like crap b4 you reach d top.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2016
SirShymexx:
He needs to thank Skepta for making this happen.

Without Skepta, Drake won't fvck with him. grin
whats your take about wizkid and linda beef. I like your opinion sometimes
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Famouson: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2016
BRAVO0:
to land u serious e slap dey hungry me, like what do you mean so for someone to defend himself against that old cargo shameless hater now disrespectful cmon mehn.!
Next time think twice before quoting..
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by joey150(m): 11:45am On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

I get u, bruh. Bt remember sometimes u gotta be treated like crap b4 you reach d top.
no bro.
Wizkid is a sold out act in africa..he deserves at least 30 seconds on that song..who the hell is kyla? But she sang well and delivered.

I think drake showed he dosent hold him in high regard.to relegate him to a background 10 seconds auto tune loop.
We need to stop playing second place man.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2016
Timoleon:

you dont av to be sincere with me, be sincere with yourself. if u were an international artiste, would u rather do a full verse or a 'second hook'?

A full verse. Bt u don't get to choose the role u play in a song.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by gwmlogistic: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:
Na real feature... Na torchlight I take dey find Wizkid for d track until I heard someone shouting on the background like who dey hawk fuel
Bad belle. Support yours
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by amadse: 11:57am On Apr 08, 2016
swagenity:

You are fantastically wrong. Reminisce aka baba hafusa has been featured on the billboard charts
http://pulse.ng/buzz/wizkid-starboy-becomes-first-nigerian-artist-to-feature-on-billboard-charts-id4892431.html
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by chidekings(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
acenazt:
I listen to d song today buy I swear one thing I no understand for wizkid side.
. Which verse did he sing?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Bollinger(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Oyimzy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
iamauxin:
why not listen to it cos of Drake...nawah

Okay, Drake na my guy sha... I'll check it out then
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Iko5000: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
He is not the first
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
no bro.
Wizkid is a sold out act in africa..he deserves at least 30 seconds on that song..who the hell is kyla? But she sang well and delivered.

I think drake showed he dosent hold him in high regard.to relegate him to a background 10 seconds auto tune loop.
We need to stop playing second place man.

Wizkid is not regarded highly, mayb cuz he's not a US-based musician. The track One Dance is a hit. The track was unexpected. Wizkid got more hype in that track than Drake and Kyla. Wizkid did a full verse in R. Kelly in I Just Want To Thank You, and he even back R. Kelly in d song outro. All diz foreign Artistes should learn from R. Kelly.
But c'mon. For someone who sang less than 10 seconds in low tune, Wizzy killed it.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by SirShymexx: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
cao:

To be frank, Skepta made that Ojuelegba remix, general folks were foaming about Drake's verse that didn't gel with the subject matter, completely missing Skepta's verse.

I think it's cos most of them probably don't understand what Skepta was talking about or can't relate to the experience.

Apparently, according to him, on the interview he did with Pharrell on iHeart radio, that's favourite tune last year, hence he got Drake on it. He should be on Drake's new album and I believe Drake is on his album as well.

Anyway, I'll like to see Skepta, Wizkid, and Tinie Tempah on the same track. Skepta and Tinie have never been on a track together though the both of them have done tunes with almost everyone. And since Wizkid has a management deal in the UK with Disturbing London Records owned by Tinie and his cousin, Dumi - it will be a good look.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by cao(f): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

I think it's cos most of them probably don't understand what Skepta was talking about or can't relate to the experience.

Apparently, according to him, on the interview he did with Pharrell on iHeart radio, that's favourite tune last year, hence he got Drake on it. He should be on Drake's new album and I believe Drake is on his album as well.

Anyway, I'll like to see Skepta, Wizkid, and Tinie Tempah on the same track. Skepta and Tinie have never been on a track together though the both of them have done tunes with almost everyone. And since Wizkid has a management deal in the UK with Disturbing London Records owned by Tinie and his cousin, Dumi - it will be a good look.
It would be a good look. The thing go sweet-o. Plus, Drake is also signed to Skepta's Boy Btter Know label, so that should be interesting...
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by SirShymexx: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fedayeen:
whats your take about wizkid and linda beef. I like your opinion sometimes

Lol.

Old hag, Linda, who make a career off gossiping and profiting off fake news and fabricated tosh about people's private lives is a culture vulture. Without these "celebs", she won't have a career.

Now that she's 49 and has ripped the uneducated sheeple - she needs to grow up, start acting her age, and start doing proper journalism.

If I were Wizkid, I will get someone to beat the brakes off her arse and tell her to go blog about it loool.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

Old hag, Linda, who make a career off gossiping and profiting off fake news and fabricated tosh about people's private lives is a culture vulture. Without these "celebs", she won't have a career.

Now that she's 49 and has ripped the uneducated sheeple - she needs to grow up, start acting her age, and start doing proper journalisgm.

If I were Wizkid, I will get someone to beat the brakes off her arse and tell her to go blog about it loool.
Must everyone marry? Is marriage a certificate for fulfilment?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Timoleon(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

A full verse. Bt u don't get to choose the role u play in a song.
if you are big enough, you choose...i might not be an artiste, but watching empire or entourage has shown me that an artiste's stature can be a major influence.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
naptu2:
Wizkid is NOT the first nigerian to feature on Billboard charts.

2face Idibia's Ascension album was number 12 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2014.

Asa's Beautiful Imperfection album was number 3 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2011

Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_My_Life_(Dr_Alban_song)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban
Lol... Bros you dey mind all these y2k babies. Nah wetin dem sabi sef? Dey go just swallow everything hook line and sinker. Shey na whisky.... Sorry Wizkid dey that Maga one dance cos even if you use all the woofer for this world you no go still sabi say na wizkid voice be that *mtcheew* Nigerian artists too dey fall hand... Although I still got love for em though, he's got the potential to go international
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by just2okworld(f): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
oku oriire o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCT Will Decide Naira Marley’s Penalty – PTF / Makeup Photos Of Bambam, The Evicted #BBNaija Housemate / Caroline Ekanem Danjuma & Her Husband (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.