Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts (38508 Views)

Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Featured On Billboard (Pictured) / ★ Yemi Alade’s “mama Africa” Album Tops Itunes Charts Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by joey150(m): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

Wizkid is not regarded highly, mayb cuz he's not a US-based musician. The track One Dance is a hit. The track was unexpected. Wizkid got more hype in that track than Drake and Kyla. Wizkid did a full verse in R. Kelly in I Just Want To Thank You, and he even back R. Kelly in d song outro. All diz foreign Artistes should learn from R. Kelly.
But c'mon. For someone who sang less than 10 seconds in low tune, Wizzy killed it.
all i hear is sentiment talking.. So if it was an anonymous act that did that thing that you'll have to really be attentive to hear, you'll say the artist "killed it".
Tiri gbosa for you oh bros!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nbote(m): 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
gwmlogistic:

Bad belle. Support yours

Trust me if I no support am I no for rush go find d song... Like pesin earlier said, na 'waka pass' him do for d song.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by seguno2: 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Apart from other Nigerian artists listed by other posters as having been on Billboard charts, we also have:

Fela ranked 9th for his Live In Detroit 1986 album

http://www.billboard.com/artist/1496552/fela-kuti/chart?sort=date

Sunny Ade was also ranked 91 for his Synchro System album

http://www.billboard.com/artist/6905097/king-sunny-ade/chart

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by gwmlogistic: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:

Trust me if I no support am I no for rush go find d song... Like pesin earlier said, na 'waka pass' him do for d song.
You know how many people would give an arm and a leg just to do waka pass for Drake song?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by gwmlogistic: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
you call that a feature? Same thing dbanj did for kanye?

If you aint gonna properly feature me then why bother?

Treating em like some crap.
It's surprising you hating on the kid, do you know how many American artist that would give an arm and aleg for that part, every bigman u see outside there got down on their knees to hustle hard and dirty before what you celebrate today. Supposing that you are an upcoming act and tuface gives you the opportunity to do a waka pass on his track, wld u take it?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naptu2: 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dr Alban - It's My Life (1992)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zHm_6AQ7CY

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
Timoleon:
if you are big enough, you choose...i might not be an artiste, but watching empire or entourage has shown me that an artiste's stature can be a major influence.

Hehehe my guy. Leave Empire. Dats family biz.
Imagine if I want to feature Jamal in a rap song and he tells me he wants to take verse 1, make sense I'll give him chorus part that is more like his genre.
Bottom line, Wizkid did well.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
all i hear is sentiment talking.. So if it was an anonymous act that did that thing that you'll have to really be attentive to hear, you'll say the artist "killed it".
Tiri gbosa for you oh bros!

Hahaha. Shey na ona dey find Wizkid to go international, now u don see am na. Only a matter of time b4 diz song tops Billboard Hot 100.
Ok. Sorri sir, he did not kill it. He tried sha
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
Uwatomaabimbola:
Congrat wizzy
Woe betide ye scammers
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by joey150(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
gwmlogistic:

It's surprising you hating on the kid, do you know how many American artist that would give an arm and aleg for that part, every bigman u see outside there got down on their knees to hustle hard and dirty before what you celebrate today. Supposing that you are an upcoming act and tuface gives you the opportunity to do a waka pass on his track, wld u take it?
yeah yeah africa is synonymous with mediocrity and we can never be as good as them.
So one of the biggest acts in africa dont deserve at least a 30 seconds on the great god drake's song... Well thats what your trying to imply.. So sorry you think everybody made it by asslicking.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by gwmlogistic: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
yeah yeah africa is synonymous with mediocrity and we can never be as good as them.
So one of the biggest acts in africa dont deserve at least a 30 seconds on the great god drake's song... Well thats what your trying to imply.. So sorry you think everybody made it by asslicking.
You are going to have to discover something that can make a man impregnate his wife over the phone if u really don't want to kiss ass on your way up, wake up to reality. You want to make it big u are eventually going to kiss someone's ass
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by joey150(m): 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
gwmlogistic:

You are going to have to discover something that can make a man impregnate his wife over the phone if u really don't want to kiss ass on your way up, wake up to reality. You want to make it big u are eventually going to kiss someone's ass
seems like you've been kissing alot of ass lately..

Well i hope it gets you to the top. Because as they say there are different routes to any destination. Cheers bro!
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by gwmlogistic: 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
seems like you've been kissing alot of ass lately..

Well i hope it gets you to the top. Because as they say there are different routes to any destination. Cheers bro!
See you at the top then.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Policy001(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
no bro.
Wizkid is a sold out act in africa..he deserves at least 30 seconds on that song..who the hell is kyla? But she sang well and delivered.

I think drake showed he dosent hold him in high regard.to relegate him to a background 10 seconds auto tune loop.
We need to stop playing second place man.
They take us for granted a lot. I think I don't blame them for that imagine our biggest acts rushing to them to be feature and they finally pay substantial amount of USD. What a crap
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Timoleon(m): 6:34am On Apr 09, 2016
Jrigga:

Hehehe my guy. Leave Empire. Dats family biz.
Imagine if I want to feature Jamal in a rap song and he tells me he wants to take verse 1, make sense I'll give him chorus part that is more like his genre.
Bottom line, Wizkid did well.

heheheh u too...imagine tuface decides to help your career as u try to feature him den tell him to do ooooo ooooo oooo at d background....i wonder if he'lk do it....jamal is ibviously not a rapper, but he'll most likely demand for a verse if the song us not a rap song. in thisvcase, the song is not a rap song! wizkid is a singer, he didnt get d verse, neither did he get the chorus. bros, what did he get?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by maxinedu(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2016
fun to be here

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by maxinedu(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2016
wizkid is baba nla still... even tho he was d back up singer der
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Timoleon:

heheheh u too...imagine tuface decides to help your career as u try to feature him den tell him to do ooooo ooooo oooo at d background....i wonder if he'lk do it....jamal is ibviously not a rapper, but he'll most likely demand for a verse if the song us not a rap song. in thisvcase, the song is not a rap song! wizkid is a singer, he didnt get d verse, neither did he get the chorus. bros, what did he get?

He got a 15secs second hook. a feature in Drake's album. Sometin every musician in Africa will kill for.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Timoleon(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2016
Jrigga:

He got a 15secs second hook. a feature in Drake's album. Sometin every musician in Africa will kill for.

k
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by austinepetro: 8:20am On May 25, 2016
Kiss Daniel Latest Album hits #8 on Billboard Chart View Pics, Nigeria music has gone far gone are the days will take our own songs for granted, the word do recognize every songs that comes out in Nigeria entertainment industry click to view pics [url][/url]http://showcase9ja.com/2016/05/25/kiss-daniel-latest-album-hits-8-on-billboard-chart-view-pics/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Showkey Blasts Naira Marley: 'Na The Thing Wey Him Dey Smoke Dey Worry Him / Teni Stuns In Makeup (Photos) / Olamide's Son Playing Piano (Pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.