Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts (38503 Views)

Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Featured On Billboard (Pictured) / ★ Yemi Alade’s “mama Africa” Album Tops Itunes Charts Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by efilefun(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:
Na real feature... Na torchlight I take dey find Wizkid for d track until I heard someone shouting on the background like who dey hawk fuel
His royalty for that "noise" would feed him for years.....
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by stubbornman(m): 10:32am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:
Na real feature... Na torchlight I take dey find Wizkid for d track until I heard someone shouting on the background like who dey hawk fuel
lolzz your own no good oh
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 08, 2016
Please explain.
efilefun:
His royalty for that "noise" would feed him for years.....
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Eddufy(m): 10:33am On Apr 08, 2016
I think its about time all these so called american artiste stop using the best in our African musician to carry just small hook on their songs.

First it was Dbanj shouting "oooo, eeee" on a song that kanye did way back and now wizkid..I can't even call that a hook. what was he even saying? Cos I didnot hear anything instead it was kyla all the way. The title shd have been Drake ft kyla (add. Wizkid).

Its about time our artiste shd stop thinking abt breaking into the American music market because the message they and us passes across aint the same.

#ProudlyAfrican

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Abbeyunique2(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2016
OP are you sure? google abt it wella cos i can name some peeps that has featured in billboard
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Timoleon(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:

finaly u av madt...he was probably hawking fuel though....i rushed to download hoping to hear a wizkid verse....i no know wetin dem dey call d part wey wizzy play for the song, but if na movie, na dis one dem dey call waka pass!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by magabounce(m): 10:35am On Apr 08, 2016
Cool
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by donshishi(m): 10:36am On Apr 08, 2016
i don't know why most Nigerians hate other people's success. whether na shout he dey shout or na cry he dey cry or na whistling he dey whistle for that song, that guy has made a name for him self. do you know we have thousands of African stars that will just like to just show their face for that song if given the opportunity

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by tomakint: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

Wizkid's part is not a verse, its like a second hook. D song is a dance song. His part fits d song perfectly. 'One Dance' is a club banger. Drake needed someone that knows d club banger ishhh very well, so he featured Wizkid. Get it.
Really?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by stubbornman(m): 10:38am On Apr 08, 2016
HARDBOI:
wizkid was shouting like a lost kid...lol..
drake u wicked ooo. ..

I'm just thinking how he told wizkid
"hey I only want u to be saying check 1-2 n be careful not to spoil my track"
wtf! lol
*falls from plantain tree* oga you wicked gan.....drake be like "I just wanna help you so can finally get a house for yourself now put your ass behind me"
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by efilefun(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2016
Each time that song is aired on radio, used for advert or anything he gets paid, cosson is trying to do the same in Nigeria but its not working yet
GreenWhiteGreen:
Please explain.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by popcykaylah(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2016
Meanwhile somewhere in banana island ...one old mama puna is still stinking...no be me talk am oo grin

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by joey150(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

Wizkid's part is not a verse, its like a second hook. D song is a dance song. His part fits d song perfectly. 'One Dance' is a club banger. Drake needed someone that knows d club banger ishhh very well, so he featured Wizkid. Get it.
you call that a feature? Same thing dbanj did for kanye?

If you aint gonna properly feature me then why bother?

Treating em like some crap.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by 9jatatafo(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2016
Aunty lady blogger won't like this piece of news at all.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by sucess001(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2016
so in short...wiz was given a 'waka pass' role?

una wicked oo

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2016
Hope the song becomes a hit. I mean back to back hit cool
efilefun:
Each time that song is aired on radio, used for advert or anything he gets paid, cosson is trying to do the same in Nigeria but its not working yet
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Timoleon(m): 10:45am On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

you dont av to be sincere with me, be sincere with yourself. if u were an international artiste, would u rather do a full verse or a 'second hook'?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by cirmuell(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2016
Jrigga:

he can't get it, they are all dumb on here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Policy001(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2016
Wizkid is turning out to be an icon in the making good for him but, saying he would be dominating America is just an illusion and of cours promotional strategy. Before him so many had toe the part they ended up losing in the process relocated back to naija with a lil or nothing on them. He should just do is music and stop all this publicity igihaga thing
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naptu2: 10:46am On Apr 08, 2016
Wizkid is NOT the first nigerian to feature on Billboard charts.

2face Idibia's Ascension album was number 12 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2014.

Asa's Beautiful Imperfection album was number 3 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2011

Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_My_Life_(Dr_Alban_song)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by martinkem(m): 10:47am On Apr 08, 2016
Wizkid isn't the first Nigerian artist to be featured on the Billboard charts, D'Banj's Oliver Twist charted at #9 on the Billboard Official UK Singles chart in 2012.

Full details here https://www.nairaland.com/3036650/dbanj-first-nigerian-artist-featured

http://martinkem..com/2016/04/wizkid-isn-first-nigerian-artist-to.html?m=1
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Rilwayne001: 10:47am On Apr 08, 2016
hollyfat:

Stop hating

I am not hating sad
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by sandrahnaub(f): 10:47am On Apr 08, 2016
Linda will nt carry dz 1....her own is to be counting...celebs baby mama nd deir babies....lemme nt talk...linda oya na give away friday
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Terror666(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Nbote:

Hahahahahahaha, u damn so funny
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by chuckdelis: 10:49am On Apr 08, 2016
when dbanj was shouting in d background for kanye pple wan kill am,nw wizkid does d same nd una dey hail am.double standard.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naptu2: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2016
Jacko1:
Ok techically speaking yes he is

Was thinkin sade
Seal
Lighthouse
Wale
Jidrnna
Buh yeah he is

naptu2:
Wizkid is NOT the first nigerian to feature on Billboard charts.

2face Idibia's Ascension album was number 12 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2014.

Asa's Beautiful Imperfection album was number 3 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2011

D'Banj's Oliver Twist was number 9 on the Billboard Official UK Singles chart in 2012

Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Policy001(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2016
naptu2:
I wonder what they mean by "first nigerian to be featured on the Billboard charts".

Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992 them.

I don't understand why they spoil wonderful news with useless publicity. Na so them say davido was the first to sign for int. record company
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by tylerbraid(m): 10:54am On Apr 08, 2016
"Goodness will follow you when you wish others good". Lots of hateful comments on wiz. Its normal for people not to love there own, but this is too much. I seriously hope the hate is not emerging from tribal differences.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naijalander: 10:56am On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naijalander: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2016
Toluwarni:
This 'Kid' is reaching where some old cargos cant dream of reaching grin grin grin
1. Ojuelegba 12th biggest song of 2015
2. Ojuelegba ft Drake and Skepta
3. Featured on Major Lazers album cool
4. Featured in R Kelly's album
5. Now drake just featured him again, on a potential billboard number 1 track.
6. First Nigerian on billboard
7. Featured Angelique Kidjo on his album

Where's that aunty that said she'll finish his career?? grin grin grin grin

And for those saying Wizkid only whispered, where una papa don reach? Whom God has blessed no one can curse.

Asa, not Wizkid, is the first Nigerian to be featured on the Billboard Charts.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naijalander: 10:59am On Apr 08, 2016
martinkem:
Wizkid isn't the first Nigerian artist to be featured on the Billboard charts, D'Banj's Oliver Twist charted at #9 on the Billboard Official UK Singles chart in 2012.

Full details here https://www.nairaland.com/3036650/dbanj-first-nigerian-artist-featured

http://martinkem..com/2016/04/wizkid-isn-first-nigerian-artist-to.html?m=1

Asa's Beautiful Imperfection was featured before D'banj.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by naijalander: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2016
donshishi:
i don't know why most Nigerians hate other people's success. whether na shout he dey shout or na cry he dey cry or na whistling he dey whistle for that song, that guy has made a name for him self. do you know we have thousands of African stars that will just like to just show their face for that song if given the opportunity

Asa is the first Nigerian ever featured on the Billboard. Not Wizkid. After her was D'banj.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Slams Fans Claiming P-Square Would’ve Won Grammy (Video) / Julius Agwu Reappears For The 1st Time After Being Hospitalized For Months / Flavour Brings Ijele Masquerade On Stage At Glo Caf Awards 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.