Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Denies Signing Budget Without Details As President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Denies Signing Budget Without Details As President (471 Views)

History Of Signing Budget In Nigeria (2008-2016) / Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Denies Signing Budget Without Details As President by illmatic101(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/07/denies-signing-budget-without-details-as-presiden

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday denied signing Appropriation Bills into law without viewing the details while he was still in office.
Obasanjo made the denial while speaking with State House Correspondents shortly after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “Eh en? I signed budget without details? Anybody who told you that, go and ask him again.”

On the 2016 Budget, Obasanjo said, “Before I will be able to tell you something about the budget, I have to read it and know what it contains and know what to talk about.”

Speaking on the purpose of his visit, the former President said, “You know that not too long ago, I was out there. I have come to share some of my experiences with him.”

When asked to speak on the experiences, Obasanjo said: “Ha! Ha! If I say I shared experiences with my wife, you will ask me wetin I talk with my wife.”

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Respite As FG Releases Petrol To Independent Marketers / Lagos Calaba Kano Lagos Train / How Can A Constituent Calls Back Its Representatives In The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.