Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest (1955 Views)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killing Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen(pics,vid / Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
Am just wondering what it will take for people in this country to hit the street in their millions to voice their displeasure over the way things are going on right now in this country just like we see in other countries.
No power,no fuel to generate power from our generators or power our vehicles,hike in price of goods,lack of direction as a country, insecurity on the rise etc.this has gone beyond politics we all need to rise up and show our leaders that we are not fools, our silence has been our prison all this years I think its time we make the government responsible. maybe the revolution that will change Nigeria for good is just waiting for a protest.God bless our beloved country Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
FRUSTRATION
It has gotten to that already, even though its been long overdue.

#i recommend Revolution

2 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
fistonati:
FRUSTRATION
It has gotten to that already, even though its been long overdue.

#i recommend Revolution
I stand with you brother, it worked for the Arab countries of Africa and Asia and am sure it will work for us too,things have to change its so painful how politicians have uesd sentiment to blind us
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ozoebuka1(m): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2016
go to lagos and shout "lagos is a no mans land" and watch men stage 3 days protest for u... tribalism beclouds us all its d bitter truth and besides buhari no care wetin u dey protest for... na shoot at sight oh... ask biafra protesters!!!

5 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 12:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Its not only tribalism as religion, culture and lack of ideologies brought us to this mess. We just have to rise against the oppressions. If itd happening in not only in Biafra region but in all regions, he will know its not about Biafra.
ozoebuka1:
go to lagos and shout "lagos is a no mans land" and watch men stage 3 days protest for u... tribalism beclouds us all its d bitter truth and besides buhari no care wetin u dey protest for... na shoot at sight oh... ask biafra protesters!!!

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by enlightenedmind: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2016
It is not just about protesting. We need to understand and agree what we are protesting for before we start. So what is it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by coded01: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Great revolutions are usually associated with mass violence and chaos leading to death...

Revolution is what Nigeria needs but we as Nigerians are fearful to die...

[size=5pt]
Unfortunately, not all revolutions lead to positive change as intended! [/size]
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by Adesiji77: 12:10am On Apr 08, 2016
No be today...when is NLC going on their proposed "one-day" strike?

Probably because Nigerians are the happiest people on earth... lipsrsealed cool
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:12am On Apr 08, 2016
ozoebuka1:
the way the biafran issue was handled scared me I was afraid it could lead to something else,most people in the north see nothing wrong with all we are facing because they feel an attack on the government is an attack on their brother,that's our problem

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 12:13am On Apr 08, 2016
Of course, their must be ideology. The core essence of education is not about speaking grammar, its about knowing what's right and correcting what's wrong.
enlightenedmind:
It is not just about protesting. We need to understand and agree what we are protesting for before we start. So what is it?
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:15am On Apr 08, 2016
fistonati:
Its not only tribalism, religion, culture and lack of ideologies brought us to this mess. We just have to rise against the oppressions. If itd happening in not only in Biafra region but in all regions, he will know its not about Biafra.
the tribal and religious dichotomy is the strongest tool in the hands of the policians to divide us,if we unite today as nothing but Nigerians trust me this country will change

2 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by enlightenedmind: 12:15am On Apr 08, 2016
fistonati:
Of course, their must be ideology. The core essence of education is not about speaking grammar, its about knowing what's right and correcting what's wrong.

Ok, so what are we moving for. Because i really do not know why we are wasting time. We need to begin to move quickly. Kick these people out or demand what we want and they must answer the people.

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by daveyjay(m): 12:15am On Apr 08, 2016
Shebi the BIAFRANS protested and they were called all manner of names "yeebos, IPOD, IPAD, e.t.c...now U are talkinq about Protest, brace ursef up for bashinq and bad-mouthinq
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 12:16am On Apr 08, 2016
You don't wanna die and you wanna go heaven The number of deaths without revolution has already out numbered the yet-to-be revolution. Extra judicial killings, heardsmen killings, bokoharam killings, religious killings and several unlawful killings. If we are fearful then we are passing this to the next generations and we may not have peace till the end of our days.
That's why there must be ideologies

FELA KUTI da great has said it all, suffering and smiling.
coded01:
Great revolutions are usually associated with mass violence and chaos leading to death...

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2016
coded01:

Unfortunately, not all revolutions lead to positive change as intended!
fela said that in his songs over 40 years ago and yet we didn't try to change.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:20am On Apr 08, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Ok, so what are we moving for. Because i really do not know why we are wasting time. We need to begin to move quickly. Kick these people out or demand what we want and they must answer the people.
only if the security forces will not act like fools and shoot sporadically at protesters,I guess that's what the people are scared of

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by coded01: 12:21am On Apr 08, 2016
truthlegend:
fela said that in his songs over 40 years ago and yet we didn't try to change.

Unfortunately, he indeed predicted many political problems we are facing today...

I cry for my country Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:23am On Apr 08, 2016
daveyjay:
Shebi the BIAFRANS protested and they were called all manner of names "yeebos, IPOD, IPAD, e.t.c...now U are talkinq about Protest, brace ursef up for bashinq and bad-mouthinq
Am very much ready for any brain washed ethnic chauvinist who doesn't think Nigeria to come at me.
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by coded01: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2016
fistonati:
The number of deaths without revolution has already out numbered the yet-to-be revolution. Extra judicial killings, heardsmen killings, bokoharam killings, religious killings and several unlawful killings.
FELA KUTI da great has said it all, suffering and smiling.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul?
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:25am On Apr 08, 2016
coded01:

Unfortunately, he indeed predicted many political problems we are facing today...

I cry for my country Nigeria!
I actually see him as a prophet

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 12:27am On Apr 08, 2016
Its obvious that you lost yours already, don't be weak. Go and change your pampers.
coded01:

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:27am On Apr 08, 2016
enlightenedmind:
we will be protesting for a better Nigeria and a total overhauling of how things are being done in government

2 Likes

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by daveyjay(m): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2016
truthlegend:
Am very much ready for any brain washed ethnic chauvinist who doesn't think Nigeria to come at me.
just iqnore them bro'
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by fistonati(m): 12:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Taking the tears off the face of our parents and laying down the foundations for the future.
enlightenedmind:
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ATERI(m): 12:48am On Apr 08, 2016
What those that are relatively older have come to understand is that right is not the same thing as might. I mentioned it before that the agitation that followed June 12 annulment ought to have brought about change, but didn`t. There is nothing in life that can`t reach a point of diminishing returns, and I believe that peaceful agitation in Nigeria has reached that point. Gideon Orka did a mini-Ojukwu and failed. So there is nothing that have been bringing change elsewhere that haven`t failed in Nigeria. What that means is that, people need to go back to the drawing table. Nigeria is unique therefore only something special would bring everlasting change to our country. The heroes of our country were those nameless young activists that had died at the barricade, a lot of them died during the Babangida and Abacha era. The struggle continues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:50am On Apr 08, 2016
daveyjay:
just iqnore them bro'
thanks bro,I guess that's better
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2016
ATERI:
What those that are relatively older have come to understand is that right is not the same thing as might. I mentioned it before that the agitation that followed June 12 annulment ought to have brought about change, but didn`t. There is nothing in life that can`t reach a point of diminishing returns, and I believe that peaceful agitation in Nigeria has reached that point. Gideon Orka did a mini-Ojukwu and failed. So there is nothing that have been bringing change elsewhere that haven`t failed in Nigeria. What that means is that, people need to go back to the drawing table. Nigeria is unique therefore only something special would bring everlasting change to our country. The heroes of our country were those nameless young activists that had died at the barricade, a lot of them died during the Babangida and Abacha era. The struggle continues.
what more can I say?bravo!!! very thoughtful write up
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ATERI(m): 1:11am On Apr 08, 2016
truthlegend:
what more can I say?bravo!!! very thoughtful write up

God bless you, my brother!

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by Godstraight(m): 1:32am On Apr 08, 2016
coded01:

I would rather die as a man than live as a coward

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by DeanSim: 1:35am On Apr 08, 2016
I weep wholeheartedly for this country which we don't seems to cherish dearly. Our number 1 enemy is disunity. It might seems stupid or negative but let's be realistic. Our hearts are not one sincerely.

Another problem is the poverty stricken mentality among majority of us. It saddens me that we are so immune to darkness, poor pipe borne water, lack of shelter, low-quality education and bad infrastructures.

I guess, we lack metrics for development. We don't objectively have a platform where we can analyze phenomena whether there is progression or otherwise. Do we have data or have the culture of collecting and maintaining one.

That Occupy Nigeria will forever be memorable to me. Some fellow youth died for that cause and what happen? What's the result? It doesn't worth it.

Since I was born, almost every homes have been providing their own stable facilities to survive. It is getting worse and becoming a culture.
I have concluded that, I will contribute only my part with wisdom to further make this country a better place for us to live and take strategy careful steps to influence the government where possible and promote good governance.
Our political system and governance is below average.

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by OAFMods: 4:53am On Apr 08, 2016
truthlegend:
the way the biafran issue was handled scared me I was afraid it could lead to something else,most people in the north see nothing wrong with all we are facing because they feel an attack on the government is an attack on their brother,that's our problem
. Was that not the exact way you S.Easterners / S.Southerners felt when Jonathan was attacked or you are one of those that argued superiority of the souterners "Igbo" over the almajiri northerner simply because one as an education ?

The reason why a revolution will not happen in Nigeria is pretty basic, the problem of the regions is different from each other so the masses are not oppressed in a uniform manner that can lead to a nationwide uproar. The fuel you buy 150 in the south is sold 200 in the north without complain, what you spend of food in the north is negligible compared to what you invest on it in the south. Militant trouble only the SS, Boko haram only the NE, Fulani marauders NC while the East n West suffers from lack of employment oppotunities something other regions consider Eldorado.

ATERI:
I mentioned it before that the agitation that followed June 12 annulment ought to have brought about change, but didn`t.

The June scenario is a very strong case to buttress my argument above. Did you notice even with the nationwide wild appeal n voting of MKO from all regions only the SW was left to fight for the mandate without a single protest from any state outside the region ?

It is also the reason why few Nigerian are sympathetic to the Biafran agitation today but maybe if these Fulani maraders are able to spread their tentacle of the calamity far enough have they been steadily progressing from the NC to the East n West maybe nigerians will finally have a unifying cause that night lead to a revolution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ATERI(m): 3:55am On Apr 09, 2016
OAFMods:
. Was that not the exact way you S.Easterners / S.Southerners felt when Jonathan was attacked or you are one of those that argued superiority of the souterners "Igbo" over the almajiri northerner simply because one as an education ?

The reason why a revolution will not happen in Nigeria is pretty basic, the problem of the regions is different from each other so the masses are not oppressed in a uniform manner that can lead to a nationwide uproar. The fuel you buy 150 in the south is sold 200 in the north without complain, what you spend of food in the north is negligible compared to what you invest on it in the south. Militant trouble only the SS, Boko haram only the NE, Fulani marauders NC while the East n West suffers from lack of employment oppotunities something other regions consider Eldorado.

The June scenario is a very strong case to buttress my argument above. Did you notice even with the nationwide wild appeal n voting of MKO from all regions only the SW was left to fight for the mandate without a single protest from any state outside the region ?

It is also the reason why few Nigerian are sympathetic to the Biafran agitation today but maybe if these Fulani maraders are able to spread their tentacle of the calamity far enough have they been steadily progressing from the NC to the East n West maybe nigerians will finally have a unifying cause that night lead to a revolution.

Very well said! One of the things that can bring people together,surprisingly quickly, is an empty stomach. Hunger never uses a foreign language that people would find difficult to understand. In today`s world, a hungry and angry graduate in Kaduna is now in touch with the one in Osogbo who went to the same school with the one in Enugu; this can nullify some of the variables we often focus on revolution. Once you have no food, no job and not sure of a roof over your head tomorrow, you have nothing to lose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo:Niger Delta Avengers Coordinator Arrested By NN special forces! / Happenin Now In Benin / I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.