Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari (1955 Views)

Ogundamisi Is Shocked Adewole Has Not Resigned As Health Minister. See Why / President Buhari Confess That He Almost Resigned My Position As President / I Almost Resigned My Position As President - Buhari Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Freegift75: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
www.leadership.ng/news/557400/i-almost-resigned-as-president-pmb

I Almost Resigned As President –PMB
Leadership Newspapers

I Almost Resigned As President – PMB
Leadership Newspapers

President Muhammadu Buhari said he almost resigned as president because of the enormity of
challenges facing the country due to the fall in the price of crude oil.

According to him, because of the fall in the price of crude oil which is the live wire …I felt like absconding after I took over – Buhari

Detail:

www.leadership.ng/news/557400/i-almost-resigned-as-president-pmb

President Muhammadu Buhari after seeing the enormity of the challenges facing the country when he assumed office in May 2015 said he felt like “absconding”, The Cable reports.

The president said he was utterly bewildered to notice that despite the rising cost of crude oil from which Nigeria made a fortune, nothing was left for him to start off his administration.

Speaking on Thursday, November 3, during a parley with participants of the Senior Executive Course 38 of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies
(NIPPS) at the state house in Abuja, President Buhari blamed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Nigeria’s economic woes.

President Buhari said: “For 16 years and eight consecutive governments of the other party… there was unprecedented revenue realised, the oil projection which can be verified was 2.1 million barrels per day. From 1999-2015 the average cost of each Nigerian barrel of oil was $100 per barrel.

“When we came it fell to less than $30 per barrel and is now between 40 and 50. Actually I felt like absconding because 27 out of 36 states in Nigeria cannot pay salaries and and we know they have no
other source than to depend on salaries.”
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
lolzzz, u can still do so, mr president grin
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
It will be well welcomed.Good radiance to bad rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by nigeriafilm(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hope this is not true
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Beremx(f): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
It's not late to resign.

You have failed woefully Sir

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Paperwhite:
It will be well welcomed.Good radiance to bad rubbish. angry

After, you'd come here and call him a dullard and other unprintable names. Abeg, who's the dullard now? Good 'radiance'? Chai. . . .You belong to Mama Piss' school of thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Elthugnificent(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
I almost move to kenya self.
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Blizzy9ja: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
If i hear! and some ediots will still believe him

1 Like

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Beremx:
It's not late to resign.

You have failed woefully Sir

He hasn't failed ma. The past administration failed you!

Pls can you let us know how he has failed? Don't bring up the issue of bag of rice though. Because we know better!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Who ever told you not to resign God judgment would rest on his head ooo.mr man buhari we no want again, thank you for the one you did,we nigerians would never forget u, even thou we no say osinbanjo na another mumu but at least he would be better than you bkus its ur mumuism that is rubbing to him.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
Unblockable:

Pls can you let us know how he has failed? Don't bring up the issue of bag of rice though. Because we know better!
let's stop dis the past administration failed us talked.the man has been saying this since june 2015 mr man its almost 2017.buhari has failed the trust of right thinking nigerians.I hate using this zombie word but please I don't wana classified u as one bkus its only chronic zombie that don't see he has failed us

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
If i hear! and some ediots will still believe him

Why shouldn't we believe him? In the face of failure, some numbskulls still believed in Jonathan.
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Mynd44: 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by dajoaneke(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
If Bubu do mistake sign, naira on its on go rise.
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by dollyjoy(f): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
What is the guaranty that the next President won't be worse than him? Nigeria is one fhuck up country. undecided
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Jokerman(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
Unblockable:

Paid agent... how did d past administration fail her??

1 Like

Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by PapiDShipCapt(m): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
Guy please do us that good, n resign.
Because of this government, each time i receive a +234 call my mind begins to beat. na wa oh!
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Milanno: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
Please do sir
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Godemcee(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
you can still resign sir,it's not to late.
ur government has brought nothing than hardship to Nigeria.resign nd hand over to osibanjo
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by dollyjoy(f): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Unblockable:

Buhari is yet to fulfil almost all the promises he made during his campaign that makes him a failure, secondly,things have suddenly turned worse since he assumed office, any right thinking human knows this.
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Olu317(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
THE BIGGEST DECEIT OF THE 21ST CENTURY.... How on earth will PMB resign?, A country where anything goes at federal level. Take it or leave it, Nigeria's democracy which is Fashion out after America's system of government is the most expensive and worst of it all. A country, where government is willing to continue to kill her people with tax and poverty. All in the name of “we want to be self dependent... A program that the western world plans for ten years ,Nigerians government will want to achieve it in two years with their government magic like late Baba Fela ,Abami, Anikulapo said it in the past ... Honestly, I siddon look this our “APC government ". Oh God ,Olorun ayeraye, help your people....
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
U DID NOT RESIGN AFTER 3 YEARS OF RE-CONTEST, SO U WANT TO TELL US U FELT LIKE RESIGNING AFTER U WON...

LIE MOHAMMED IS LEARNING WORK WHERE BABA DEY
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by PaulIdu: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Unblockable:

I thinks she is now in better position to know he failed..where were you when she campaigned for Buhari day and night on this same forum
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by PaulIdu: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
In essence he is telling us he came un prepared and seem he still is
.Please resign no and nobody will even miss you
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Jokerman:

Paid agent... how did d past administration fail her??

Were you alive when the past administration was distributing our money upandan? Some got their shares for spiritual consultations while others got theirs as 'pocket money'. Did they remember the days ahead? Like Buhari said, oil sold for as much as $100 per barrel and when he got there, oil price had already fallen. If na you, shey na miracle you go perform?
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Maybe you should refer to ur previous comment. When u said we, u simply accepted u're an ediot

What's this one saying? If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, go and 'wee-wee' and sleep joor.
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by chuose: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
IMAGINE, WE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS RECESSION IF YOU HAD STEPPED DOWN
Re: I Almost Resigned As President - Buhari by Unblockable: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
dollyjoy:
Buhari is yet to fulfil almost all the promises he made during his campaign that makes him a failure, secondly,things have suddenly turned worse since he assumed office, any right thinking human knows this.

What has turned worse? If previous Govts had diversified the economy from oil, we wouldn't have been in this mess. This recession started in 2014 according to Okonjo-Iweala.

Don't forget that Malaysia is also facing this recession problem. They ain't feeling it like Nigeria because they've since diversified their economy. That's what Buhari is trying to do now.

We are in hardship right now in Nigeria courtesy the previous Administrations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Innocent Nigerians Burnt Alive By Nigerian Tyrant Buhari / Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. / I Hereby Offer Myself As The 3rd Force Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.