Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy (34386 Views)

What To Expect In The Infinix S3: Better Than Tecno Camon CM? / Why Infinix Note 3? / Infinix More Faster & Better In Multitasking Than Tecno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
irerhtech:
bro i tink Gionee would top the market.
That's what you think but the reality is that tecno still top the market. Apart from smart phones, other low end phones what will we torch light phones are virtually in most household.So their market share is still high inspite of competition
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by irerhtech(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's what you think but the reality is that tecno still top the market. Apart from smart phones, other low end phones what will we torch light phones are virtually in most household.So their market share is still high inspite of competition
but if notice, majority are now opting for gionee. especially with their new products.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
ShiroSan:

I share your views on this post.
Today I like infinix and Tecno equally. Tomorrow things might change.

The hate here is so real.
Beht Why...
It's the fact that's it is from china. Every brand has it's selling point and they know to attract their customers. For example because of the lauch of gionee mini at about N18,000 or so with about 4,000 Mah, tecno lauched L5 to counter it having 5,000 MAH. This left customers in confused state of choosing between L5 and gionee mini phone, why because of the battery life. Tecno knows the game more than these brands that is why they have now started taking customer's advice unlike before when they churn out phones monthly. Till today Camon C 8 and Phantom haven't gotten any issues or complain from customers because they were produce to meet the needs of customers
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
asuustrike2009:

it is but check out how techno started. and now its Gionee, i kinda belive that with time Gionee will take up the market.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
irerhtech:
but if notice, majority are now opting for gionee. especially with their new products.
i agree with u on that.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by irerhtech(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
omid:
i agree with u on that.
many peeps in my department now are buying the Gionee p5 mini. Especially those girls cos of the camera.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by irerhtech(m): 6:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
asuustrike2009:

techno for now still tops the market. Despite having torch light phones in hand people still want the latest smart phones. and i can say that Gionee is the market challenger when u bring tecno gionee and infinix.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
irerhtech:
techno for now still tops the market. Despite having torch light phones in hand people still want the latest smart phones. and i can say that Gionee is the market challenger when u bring tecno gionee and infinix.
Yea but most customers are reluctant to buy their product instead they might go for other brands
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
omid:
it is but check out how techno started. and now its Gionee, i kinda belive that with time Gionee will take up the market.
Gionee with take up the market when they start listening to what Nigerians want and not what they want. Yea accommodation fee but the university have cleaners that clean school hostels except Unilag doesn't because other schools have cleaners. Secondly they should consider price which is major determinant in Nigeria as Nigerians are price conscious although not all
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
irerhtech:
Am yet to see that instead am seeing more of infinix than gionee. Price and quality is what drives people to buy a product
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
irerhtech:
many peeps in my department now are buying the Gionee p5 mini. Especially those girls cos of the camera.
the camera for the Gionee p5 mini make sense. the quality dey high.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by TeeFeh(f): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
ShiroSan:

I've noticed Oraimo accessories on the phones. Haven't used any though.

BTW, it is not news that infinix Tecno and Itel are owned by Transsion

Tell them
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Escodeb(m): 6:19am On Apr 12, 2016
A month old infinix note 2 for sale
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by romzyxy(m): 6:43am On Apr 12, 2016
csc2:
Who owns Tecno? Who owns Infinix? Op wake Up

Op doesn't know that that techno and infinix are owned by the same company dats why. Techno is the upper end of the market while infinix is the lower end in terms of cost.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Micheezy7(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2016
Wack infinix.... Tecno phones are better and durable 100%
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by ShiroSan: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2016
TeeFeh:

Tell them

I just did o cheesy
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by ShiroSan: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2016
Micheezy7:
Wack infinix.... Tecno phones are better and durable 100%

I hope you are not spoiling another brand.
I have always admired Tecno phones too, but do you have any brand in mind for making your assertion above?
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by addinfo77: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2016
Tallesty1:
Infinix, Tecno, Itel are all owned by the same company so they know what they're doing.

There's no competition whatsoever, the initial plan was launch their entry level device under itel brand, Infinix will handle their midrange devices and all their high end devices will be launched under Tecno brand but I don't think it is working that way now.
unfortunately they dont, the phones have been under a lot of backlash lastly, why not go for a phone that is user friendly...
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by ShiroSan: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It's the fact that's it is from china. Every brand has it's selling point and they know to attract their customers. For example because of the lauch of gionee mini at about N18,000 or so with about 4,000 Mah, tecno lauched L5 to counter it having 5,000 MAH. This left customers in confused state of choosing between L5 and gionee mini phone, why because of the battery life. Tecno knows the game more than these brands that is why they have now started taking customer's advice unlike before when they churn out phones monthly. Till today Camon C 8 and Phantom haven't gotten any issues or complain from customers because they were produce to meet the needs of customers

You sound very knowledgeable in the issue being discussed here.
I take your word for it.
No objection.

I guess its high time we demanded 6.0 from Tecno, and at a cheap rate too.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by jonmoveek: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Tecno boom j8
Godswillnwaoma:
As a user of window phone for years, lumia 520, lumia 720 and now lumia 640xl.
I want to switch to android phone because i have used windows for long.
Now which android phone can give me a good clear camera quailty and long lasting battery life like my lumia 640xl?

Budget N45,000 to N50,000
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by TeeFeh(f): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
ShiroSan:

I just did o cheesy

Haha no let NL people beat us oh
*runs out ta tthread*
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by addinfo77: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
jonmoveek:
Tecno boom j8
try the gionee s plus
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by addinfo77: 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
jonmoveek:
Tecno boom j8
gionee s plus
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by addinfo77: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
ShiroSan:

I take your word for it.
No objection.

just as how gionee with its s plus
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
LeonMacJames:
which parent company
i dont know about that ... but gionee is definately different
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
addinfo77:
gionee s plus
gionee m5
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by joseph214(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
romzyxy:

Op doesn't know that that techno and infinix are owned by the same company dats why. Techno is the upper end of the market while infinix is the lower end in terms of cost.
Now this is just a big lie. Tecno and Infinix are not owned by the same company. And even if they were owned by the same company then Infinix would be the upper market because it is not in Africa only and it has better phones generally.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
ShiroSan:

I take your word for it.
No objection.

gionee is definitely the trendmaker....
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
addinfo77:
try the gionee s plus
try anything gionee cheesy
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
addinfo77:
unfortunately they dont, the phones have been under a lot of backlash lastly, why not go for a phone that is user friendly...
try gionee
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Love4phones: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
omid:
the camera for the Gionee p5 mini make sense. the quality dey high.
as in.. it make sense die
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by romzyxy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
joseph214:
Now this is just a big lie. Tecno and Infinix are not owned by the same company. And even if they were owned by the same company then Infinix would be the upper market because it is not in Africa only and it has better phones generally.

Oh k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Your Twitter App Still Loading? / How many of You Remembered This Phone? / MTN Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Free App Launched,You Can Now Win Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.