Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,808 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! (34756 Views)

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review / Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja / See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Saintbonnie(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2016

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Where can I get this nitel make I throway this slow useless airtel sim
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by bqlekan(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
space book for my tab's downlink
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by friendly101: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
I dey wait ooooo............. grin
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by awa(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is too poor because the reponse time in millisecond is too poor.

2 Likes

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by neocortex: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

nah. 5mbps is a start, but it's not enough in the long run for everything.

I use MTN Hynet LTE unlimited 5mbps (4pm - 6am). It's pretty good and can stream without buffering, but more speed is always appreciated in this era when the average PC game is 30GB

Do you mean unlimited data ?
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Now all they need is affordable internet packages

your absolutely right. plus if they can allow BB sub on android js like glo is doin, that will get them more customers
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by seunny4lif(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Which kind yeye speed be that
The same speed MTN,Glo do later they produce nonsense after 6M subscribers

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Rijkard: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Not possible

55 Mbps is theoretical than practical
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by canalily(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Then what will happen to MTN and their Cow 4Gundecidedbuh wait ooh wat is the meaning of NTELangry
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:
Ntel is set to launch today, and I've been intrigued by their promises of ultra fast mobile broadband.

I've just seen the first publicly available speedtest from the network, run by one of the network testers.

Hint: It's FAST!

If this can be sustained (should be possible, they promise a max of 230mbps) this should be great for subscribers.

Here are a few things i find out of place in this story......
1. i am looking at the output and it shows that you can get download at 55 Mbps and upload at 24 but it takes you 219 ms to get to the isp headend device...... hhmmmmmm not really convinced

2. Did you run this speed test from a phone?? kinda weird dont you think

3. please use speedtest .net to confirm what you are actually getting.

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by macaranta(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Wow..super nice
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by olarhtunji(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
I can't wait to start rocking ntel cheat...... it would b fresh n sweet
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Masculity(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Tweakers are u ready?
*Dancing skelewu*!!!

Your head dey dia jare

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by mekeloby: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
This result is debatable on many levels.

First off, the issue with broadband in Nigeria has always been the last-mile connection I.e. The connection between your home router /antenna and the network access device which then connects to the core network. Imagine a tap running so fast (100Mbps) being connected via a straw (5Mbps) to empty a reservoir (2Gb of YouTube or Netflix or some Server). How long would it take you to empty this reservoir? Exactly!!! The straw has reduced the speed relatively and would take less time if the tap was connected directly without a straw.

In Nigeria, the underlying copper infrastructure remains and would need to be upgraded to a better material, (most likely fiber) in the core network. This would increase the tap to (1Tbps) and if taken by same straw, the speed would relatively increase to say (70Mbps) over the last mile.

There you have it. I just solved Nigerians network problem in words.

Hope my figurative explanation helps anyone not technical to understand better.

XZ

2 Likes

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by unite4real: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
imagine what to expect if you have only one car on the express road. The speedtest for such a car will definitely produce quality result. Lets wait when there is congestion first.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by 4C2215131: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:
Ntel is set to launch today, and I've been intrigued by their promises of ultra fast mobile broadband.

I've just seen the first publicly available speedtest from the network, run by one of the network testers.

If this can be sustained (should be possible, they promise a max of 230mbps) this should be great for subscribers.

Therein lies the problem. Remember the old adage; Soup wen sweet na money kill am!
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Put an 'i' somewhere in the name 'Ntel' and you'd have an idea the quality of service the company would provide in only a matter of months. Not interested, I'd stay managing mtn.

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by canalily(m): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
friendly101:
I dey wait ooooo............. grin
no need o o o no need to wait o-o-ooh! Baby wait o o o, Ee-e-eee show me u-u-ur show me ur weight oooo! Oga wait o o oh! Eze Nnunu, umu Nnunu!
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Stanbeto: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
We are waiting
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by alienvirus: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
When you have so many people on the network, you will know how far.

No matter how good a network provider is, soon, Nigerian factors will set in.

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by watchindelta(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
still waity 4 loophole.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by kenchop: 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
WHEN WILL THE NIGERIAN FACTOR COME INTO PLAY undecided

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by linearity: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Those test results are very poor and disappointing for a lightly loaded LTE eNodeB, and if you think that is an indication of the speed you will get, I have a bridge to sell you.

Total capacity at each eNodeB is shared among all active users, if only one subscribed is connected, he/she gets the total available speed, if two subs are connected, the speed experience to both is degraded according, now when 100 or more people are sapping data from the same eNodeB, they drive the speed to a near standstill.

On a 20 MHz channel, LTE calls for about 100 Mbs down/ 50 Mbs up....LTE-Advance aka 5G tops this up at 1000Mbs down/500Mbs up. The above quote speed are near half of recommendations, which tells me that the current type and number of antennas are not been used and/or more need to done for antenna optimization and the proper type of antenna and localized tuning/optimization should be chosen for the proper type of Geo-population center to achieve true LTE benefits, not a one size fit all antenna.

Nigeria telecoms should implement technologies that offloads data from their UMTS micro cell to specialized local devices like WiFi, Femtocell, metrocell, etc.

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by defash8: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
Unfortunately this cannot be sustained unless you want Ntel to close shop. There is bandwidth limitation on the base station, the more subscribers that you add the lower your bandwidth becomes. If anyone is truly looking for bandwidth then fibre optic solution is the way.

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by ogene007: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Ping test result of 219ms is high, especially for VOIP calls. Kindly provide more details about the test.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by JAZES(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
we all know how them dey run things in naija, after the initial gragra then the thing starts
crawling like a snail
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
God bless GEJ our hero of democracy.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by mekeloby: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
linearity:

Those test results are very poor and disappointing for a lightly loaded LTE eNodeB and if you think that is an indication of the speed you will get, I have a bridge to sell you.

Total capacity at his eNodeB is shared, if only one subscribed is connected, he/she gets the total available speed, if two subs are connected, the speed experience to both is degraded according, now when 100 or more people are sapping data from the same eNodeB, they drive the speed to a near standstill.

On a 20 MHz channel, LTE calls for about 100 Mbs down/ 50 Mbs up....LTE-Advance aka 5G tops this up at 1000Mbs down/500Mbs up,

Nigeria telecoms should implement technologies that offloads data from their UMTS micro cell to specialized local devices like WiFi, Femtocell, metrocell, etc.

LTE-A is not 5G.

5G is yet to even be standardised.

Target dates for 5G is in 2020. There are still so much researchers hunting down potential standards for 5G, eg 5GIC at University of Surrey, Huawei Technology and some Universities in the US as well as some companies in Silicon Valley.

Xz
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by nextstep(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Of course it's fast. There are probably all of 10 people on it today. The issue is always when you have multiple cell radios trying to share the same frequencies, then bandwidth drops dramatically due to the overhead. What they need to ensure is that they increase the number of towers, and reduce the signal strength so you can have many localized cells of high bandwidth.

Of course, being Nigeria, they will build fewer towers, and try to stretch the signal too far, meaning they will try to service too many cellphones with one tower, reducing bandwidth for everyone. I'll be watching though...

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by ITbomb(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
I hope psiphon will work on it
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by linearity: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
mekeloby:

LTE-A is not 5G.

5G is yet to even be standardised.

Target dates for 5G is in 2020. There are still so much researchers hunting down potential standards for 5G, eg 5GIC at University of Surrey, Huawei Technology and some Universities in the US as well as some companies in Silicon Valley.

Xz

I will agree with you on that, based on the theory...looking back LTE-A was supposed to be the true LTE standard and 4G, until the marketing folks and powerful Telecom providers put pressure and water it done, hence 3G or 3.5G technologies like HSPDA+ were re-braded as '4G' leaving the true 4G aka LTE hanging, which eventually calls for LTE-A, with nothing but the original LTE specs.

Current papers calls for 10 MBS on 5G, but my guess is, when it come to actually 3gpp final formulation industry giants are going to exact pressure again to water it done and as such, we will end of getting something that is called '5G' but with LTE-A speed, which was the original intended 4G.

Standardization work have started on 5G...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G, 2020 is the expected first rollout and not standardization start date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know / MY* Blackberry Z3 Review / Etisalat Bis Users - Before You Resubscribe, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.