Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! (34744 Views)

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review / Ntel Internet Speedtest Abuja / See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Elzends(m): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
abumeinben:
Hope dia sim card go come witi pawabank
My man calm down oh

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Rexnegro(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
the speed will be fast since no load yet on it....wait make like 1millions subscribers claim The network first then You go no The real or actual speed
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by persius555(m): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Achieving LTE status shouldn't be that daunting task since they inherited infrastructures from nitel.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Latency is affected by a number of things, one of which is the size of the ping packet issued buy the speedtest app, a 32 byte size may have a smaller reply time on the same network.
greenhulk:
I'm impressed. But they should work on the ping
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:
Ntel is set to launch today, and I've been intrigued by their promises of ultra fast mobile broadband.

I've just seen the first publicly available speedtest from the network, run by one of the network testers.

Hint: It's FAST!

If this can be sustained (should be possible, they promise a max of 230mbps) this should be great for subscribers.

Now all they need is affordable internet packages

In Nigeria? 55Mbps? Liars!
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by stilljigga: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
See how dem just dey fool una. How many people are connected to the network for such uplink and downlink speed. If the worst network in Nigeria should run such a test with limited subscribers, it will probably be close to such speed. This test most likely has just one person connected to the network. wait till u see millions connected before we really know how fast they can be.

2 Likes

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by tdayof(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:
Ntel is set to launch today, and I've been intrigued by their promises of ultra fast mobile broadband.

I've just seen the first publicly available speedtest from the network, run by one of the network testers.

If this can be sustained (should be possible, they promise a max of 230mbps) this should be great for subscribers.

MB/s or Mb/s??
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by olsmade(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
richardjemedafe1:
WELCOME TO NIGERIA:
®Where sex is free and love is costly.
®Where loosing a phone is more painful than
loosing VIRGINITY...
®Where, if u don't cheat on your partner, u are
not sharp and smart.
®Where Bathrooms has become photo STUDIO...
®Where getting a GALAXY phone is greater than
achieving a DEGREE...
®Where yahoo boys have brighter future than
graduates...
®Where temples are turned into dating points,
®Where worshiping God in truth & spirit is
difficult.
®Where lies are turned into realities...
®Where ladies fear Pregnancy than HIV...
®Where pizza delivery is faster than emergency
response
®Where people fear thieves, robbers & Boko
Haram than God...
®Where people go to church with BB chargers
rather than Bible.
®Where guys are scared of getting married but
love to have sex...
®Where we have highest number of musician due
to unemployment.
®Where the higher your offense the lower ur
punishment and
vice versa...
®Where the number of churches & mosque are
more than the worshipers.. ®Where we say Up
NEPA more than we say Praise THE LORD...
®Where a school drop-out politician is Ten times
richer and more respected than a professor...
®Where unemployed youths pick up weapons to
fight in support of the politicians who deprive
them of employment & a good life...
®where someone who cannot speak English but
can say Chai, Chai deris God is given honorary
Doctorate degrees...
>Where nairaland is turning to approkoland

#were a dollard who cnt spell hIS NAME IS voted into power..

I agree with you not because what you wrote makes sense but because your post, in and off itself, shows that we are not getting it right. You are a glaring example of a failed state. You cannot spell to save your life and yet you call someone else a dullard, my bad, dollard. Pot calling kettle black

5 Likes

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by biggerlife(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Tweakers are u ready?
*Dancing skelewu*!!!

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by mekeloby: 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
linearity:

I will agree with you on that, based on the theory...looking back LTE-A was supposed to be the true LTE standard and 4G, until the marketing folks and powerful Telecom providers put pressure and water it done, hence 3G or 3.5G technologies like HSPDA+ were re-braded as '4G' leaving the true 4G aka LTE hanging, which eventually calls for LTE-A, with nothing but the original LTE specs.

Current papers calls for 10 MBS on 5G, but my guess is, when it come to actually 3gpp final formulation industry giants are going to exact pressure again to water it done and as such, we will end of getting something that is called '5G' but with LTE-A speed, which was the original intended 4G.

Standardization work have started on 5G...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G, 2020 is the expected first rollout and not standardization start date.

Standardization has already commenced. I made reference to rollout.

We would never have same speed as 5G. There are trails confirming up to 1Tbps in 5GIC labs already.

5G architecture is similar to LTE-A. The difference is that 5G would witness the combination of several technologies like small-cell densification, wave-form combination, a new carrier wave (probably FBMC) and Massive MIMO.

This would offer users the perception of Infinite Capacity!!

Now there's no comparison to 5G!!

I forgot to add, 5G is touted to be 1000 times faster than 4G. How practical this theoretical target is? Only time will tell.

Xz
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Babysho(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
encryptjay:
Warming up
The speed though

Is that a movie?
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
You may want to hover to http://ntel.com.ng/contactus.php
And make your reservations
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
tdayof:
MB/s or Mb/s??

Internet speed is measured in mbps or Mb/s while speed of download is measured in MB/s.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by ameynuJR(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

wow. I can't wait to port to ntel....gonna wave bye bye to all these suck networks MTN, glo, and etimumu
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by encryptjay(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Babysho:

Is that a movie?
Actually it's game of thrones wink
Season 6 is showing this month.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by tziz(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ping rate of 219ms? With all dat transfer speed!
Latency is poor, its useless for online gamers like me undecided
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by tdayof(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Internet speed is measured in mbps or Mb/s while speed of download is measured in MB/s.
Thanks man.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by NigerianScholar: 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Haven't you heard of tomiobj's law
The rate at which they charge you for your internet is directly proportional to its speed
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by stefanweeks: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
The ping test is supposed to show the name of the host network.
This is a scam test.

Vodacom/Vodafone still has one of the fastest broadband Internet in Nigeria.

Ask people at total, agip and Schlumberger...
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Undisputed88(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

Checkout this browsing tweaks
http://adielem.com/2016/03/15/latest-free-android-browsing-cheats/
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by silentachieverr(m): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
Suntemi:
I'm waiting to get my pre-ordered Sim cards

How did you preorder? I want to order mine asap.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Elxandre(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
texazzpete:

nah. 5mbps is a start, but it's not enough in the long run for everything.

I use MTN Hynet LTE unlimited 5mbps (4pm - 6am). It's pretty good and can stream without buffering, but more speed is always appreciated in this era when the average PC game is 30GB
Bro, please hope how much does MTN Hynet cost?
I'm curious.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by csc2(m): 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
eraly:
Honestly, I still dnt bliv dis twitter source. Dia isn't NTEL name or somtin in d pix. Op, thanks anyway

Oga Shine your eye.... Don't you see VOLTE for the screenshot?
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by dustmalik: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
csc2:

Oga Shine your eye.... Don't you see VOLTE for the screenshot?
That is not a proof, actually. A lot of 4GLTE networks around the world also support VoLTE.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by mrlaw93(m): 12:37am On Apr 09, 2016
encryptjay:
Warming up The speed though
The white walkers. #Gameofthrones
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by encryptjay(m): 1:15am On Apr 09, 2016
mrlaw93:
The white walkers. #Gameofthrones
Yes boss

1 Like

Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by biikeys(m): 4:56am On Apr 09, 2016
texazzpete:

Was this done when the network/cell was loaded? If not, smh....and yes speedtest should show the name of their server.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by moonraker(m): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2016
everyone here with a fucking opinion shouting chai and shitt...

look at that ping, 219 is a joke... doesnt matter how far that connection is

if the ping is that high, alot of things will lag. gaming online is not even feasible..
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by purplekayc(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2016
texazzpete:

nah. 5mbps is a start, but it's not enough in the long run for everything.

I use MTN Hynet LTE unlimited 5mbps (4pm - 6am). It's pretty good and can stream without buffering, but more speed is always appreciated in this era when the average PC game is 30GB
whats the least speed you have gotten on hynet?
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by texazzpete(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Elxandre:

Bro, please hope how much does MTN Hynet cost?
I'm curious.

22k per month.

I did them when smile, spectranet and swift messed me up. Hoping for something cheaper.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Elxandre(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
texazzpete:

22k per month.

I did them when smile, spectranet and swift messed me up. Hoping for something cheaper.
Quite expensive, but still good since it's 24/7 unlimited.
Re: First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
Elxandre:

Quite expensive, but still good since it's 24/7 unlimited.

It's not 24/7 it's 4pm to 6am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MY* Blackberry Z3 Review / Airtel Unlimited Is Back N Better / Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.