Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment (12041 Views)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals / Armsgate: Metuh Was Paid N400m – okupe / Again, Metuh Fails To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by DONSMITH123(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh, again refused to open his defence at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
Metuh alongside his company, Destra Investment Limited who are standing trial on charges bordering on money laundering and benefiting the sum of N400m from the fund allegedly disbursed from the office of the National Security Adviser during the last administration had on five different occasions pushed for adjournment of his case.

The slush fund, according to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, was part of the money meant for the procurement of arms for the armed forces.

At the resumed hearing today, the prosecution led by Slyvanus Tahir informed the court on the hearing of subsisting application filed by the defendant.

Responding, the counsel to the second defence, Tochukwu Onwuibufo who is representing Destra Investment Limited, a company Metuh has stake in, asked the court for an adjournment, saying he was not prepared as he was just being brought in.

Onwuibufo said, “I have no document regarding this case as I was only briefed yesterday. The first defendant is yet to fully brief me of the case.I have not read the court proceedings to enable me prepare for my case.

“That is why the letter I addressed to the court is requesting a certified true copy of all proceedings so as to put me in a broader picture of what transpired in court to enable me represent the second defendant.

“My lord, the second defendant is not ready to proceed, we will be asking for an adjournment.”

He argued that the defendant has the right to several adjournments, a position which is at variance with the court’s earlier ruling that the defendant is no longer entitled to an adjournment after his case was deferred five times.

Quoting Sec 36(6), Onwuibufo said, ” The defendant is entitled to several adjournments, thereby I asked the court to adjourn the matter to allow me prepare well.”

Tahir in his reaction confirmed a letter was served on the persecution before the court sat.

On the application for an adjournment that a new counsel has being brought in to take over, Tahir said, “Sec 349(A) of the Criminal Justice Act stated how a counsel in a matter should conduct its case and the procedure for disengagement,

“No notice of disengagement has been served by the consultium of five Senior Advocate, namely Onyechi Ikpeazu, Adedipe, Emeka Etiaba,Chris Uche and Gordy Uche.”

Tahir, therefore, urged the court to discountenance the appeal for an adjournment and order any available counsel to conduct the “business of the day.”

Matter still ongoing…

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/08/armsgate-again-metuh-refuses-to-open-defence-requests-6th-adjournment/

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by modath(f): 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nurse Nurse! Please continue with the drama!

Just know that; No matter how much feed person give hin beloved chicken, na Pot be the final resting place!!

That Kuje too sure!! cool

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by stephnie1(f): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
following.

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by 9jatriot(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Like Saraki, Dansuki like Metuh.

8 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by gigabyte13: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nurse Metuh trying to exhaust all possible lifeline like the game of " who want to be a millionaire. Just like sarathief wetin we go hear later na

" am happy, this case as finally began and surely, am going to be vindicated " thats the new slogan of yam eaters now.

21 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by blackpanda: 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Eyah! Metuh your own don finished! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by aieromon(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
"I won't say anything,charge me to court". The prosecution has produced their witnesses,closed their case and is waiting for your defence against the charges.

Keep on looking for loopholes to wriggle out. Justice Abang is waiting for you at the end of the tunnel.

16 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by 9jatriot(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
You are very right. The shout then was "Charge me to Court" see the guy see court na e de talk another story.
aieromon:
"I won't say anything,charge me to court". The prosecution has produced their witnesses,closed their case and is waiting for your defence against the charges.

Keep on looking for loopholes to wriggle out. Justice Abang is waiting for you at the end of the tunnel.

12 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by antispexish(m): 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
judge : you can start your defence now.

lawyer: my Lord, there is nothing to defend o!, if not for the money we I dey collect for my presence, you for no see my face today.

* bet the lawyer wunt show up on next date, claiming his absence was due to fuel scarcity.

7 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by omenka(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
See how he's been desperately trying to frustrate the process. Tomorrow, when the trial commences, he'd go put up some useless statement on twitter or fp, thanking God that "finally, the trial has commenced" as though he's been waiting in bated breath for it to- just like his adopted brother, Ola-Crookola Saraki.

Our elders have completely lost their dignity.

21 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Goke7: 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
9jatriot:
You are very right. The shout then was "Charge me to Court" see the guy see court na e de talk another story.

that is always the song of the wailers, they cry about media trial when allegations are made, but when the matter is in court in reality, they begin to sing another song, you start seeing the accused in clutches, with walking stick, wheel chair and so on.

naija na comedy, we sabi shout but no liver, waiting for metu's walking stick soon grin

14 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by DONSMITH123(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
cheesy
antispexish:

lawyer: my Lord, there is nothing to defend o!, if not for the money we I dey collect for my presence, you for no see my face today.

* bet the lawyer wunt show up on next date, claiming his absence was due to fuel scarcity.
Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Goke7: 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
antispexish:

or no forex to import sheets of paper for his defence grin

9 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by SweetLove0(f): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by blazetitov: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nurse Metuh, why are you running away from justice? You once boasted that you should be charged to court where you will spill the truth about the hatchet job GEJ gave you. You are in court now but only that you are so scared of the evidence brought forward by the prosecuting team.

Do not derail your trail. Prove to the world your innocence. But majority of Nigerians know you are guilty.

#saynotodelaytactics

13 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by 9jatriot(m): 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
No. They are very creative, they don't use one trick twice. The walking stick has been used already. His own is that

Metuh: Me and you na classmate
Judge: Me? where I non know you o
Metuh: We attend law school together dat year for 1988, u de siddon for front that time na em make u b judge now, me na back I de stay for class
Judge: Ok, if you say so, coz we plenty for class that time so I non know you and even if I know you, non fear I know how to do my job
Metuh: I insist, me and you be classmate before so I non wan make my classmate be the person wen put me for jail, wertin u want make I tell the press?? Say former classmate puts Metuh in jail? Mbanu. I insist we were classmates.

Goke7:

that is always the song of the wailers, they cry about media trial when allegations are made, but when the matter is in court in reality, they begin to sing another song, you start seeing the accused in clutches, with walking stick, wheel chair and so on.

naija na comedy, we sabi shout but no liver, waiting for metu's walking stick soon grin

6 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by blazetitov: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
9jatriot:
No. They are very creative, they don't use one trick twice. The walking stick has been used already. His own is that

Metuh: We attend law school together dat year for 1988, u de siddon for front that time na em make u b judge now, me na back I de stay for class
Judge: Ok, if you say so, coz we plenty for class that time so I non know you and even if I know you, non fear I know how to do my job
Metuh: I insist, me and you be classmate before so I non wan make my classmate be the person wen put me for jail, wertin u want make I tell the press?? Say former classmate puts Metuh in jail? Mbanu. I insist we were classmates.

Judge: I say i no know you. Which kain wahala be dis?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by antispexish(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Goke7:

or no forex to import sheets of paper for his defence grin

and after it will be lack of forex to import biro.
let the judge offer his own biro and they will claim he is corrupt, trying to force the defence to do something it is not prepared to do . They will want the judge changed and the case started all over again.

4 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by modath(f): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
aieromon:
"[b]I won't say anything,charge me to court".

Nurse was kidding nah, he didn't know dem nor dey play wichu una! grin

The prosecution has produced their witnesses,closed their case and is waiting for your defence against the charges.

The subtle emotional blackmail d work, The ploy to play victim fell apart too, na to just form bone face ooo, Kuje beans nor good for borry!!!

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by odinese(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
[size=15pt]abeg u be Metuh?

Na only metuhsalem I know here for Israel. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by olaolulazio(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Prison go full with white beard gang!

Only Kanu can tell d story.

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by SuperSuave(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
gigabyte13:
Nurse Metuh trying to exhaust all liveline like the game of " who want to be a millionaire. After like sarathief wetin we go hear na
" am happy, this case as finally began and surely, am going to be vindicated " thats the new slogan of yam eaters now.
grin grin
Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by kings09(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
All diz arrest, Pdp dis, Apc dat...abeg make una give electricity n fuel to carry go hustle n enjoy my life jare. All diz politicians wey go de tk citizens play chess. Tmoro u ll hear buhari reconciles wit dasuki, metuh n saraki while u ppl de hear de kill una selves. Abeg who get fuel...petrol station own don finish undecided

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Like metuh like saraki

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Dahkogrin007(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
For aw long are we gona do dix

1 Like

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Ayento: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
This people looting our money should be sentenced to death by hanging

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Ayento: 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
These people looting our money should be sentenced to death by hanging

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by omusiliyu(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Metuh! Why are you afraid?

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Lilimax(f): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
All these delay tactics sef embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Goke7: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
9jatriot:

no be small thing o grin

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment by Lilimax(f): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ayento:
This people looting our money should be sentenced to death by hanging
Our Lawmakers have refused to sign it into law embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid El-fitr Celebration: IGP Adamu Salutes Nigerians / Samuel Ogbuku: Bayelsa Governor Hails Tinubu For Choice Of NDDC MD / Henry Ajomale: Buhari Left Huge Mess For Tinubu – Ex-Lagos APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.