Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,800 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Is She Too Old For Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Too Old For Me? (1868 Views)

I'm 44 Years Old And I've Been Dating A 24 Year Old For 5 Months. But...please! / My Girlfriend Says I'm Too Old To Wrote Jamb / Which Age Is Too Old For You For A Wife/husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a 34 years old man, I have a friend who I have verbally told that I want to marry her, however, she's 30 years old today. And she's a little on the chubby side and am very thin, very opinionated, sociable and intelligent.
I want to know if she's ideal for me to go ahead and formally propose to her. I am having second thoughts about this, that's why I brought it to you guys, it's serious and I feel a young man like me should be gunning for a girl of 26 - 27 years old.
You can ask me for further details and I will update as the thread progresses.
Thanks
Martin Luther
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Thylord(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pls just get me fuel and i will tell you what to do.

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Cutehector(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pls carry on with the wedding.. she is a wife material
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hold what u got before you regret making a mistake all in the name of looking for a younger lady
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by halfricanadian(f): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
If she is right for u

Mr pls carry on dont waste a second

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by amiibaby(f): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Age is just a number... I would advise U go for the tin U love against all odds
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by layla129(f): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
If you love her, marry her. Why are you having doubts?
If you're not ok with her stature and age, why propose in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
layla129:
If you love her, marry her. Why are you having doubts?
If you're not ok with her stature and age, why propose in the first place?

Exactly.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by AlexCk: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinlooter:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a 34 years old man, I have a friend who I have verbally told that I want to marry her, however, she's 30 years old today. And she's a little on the chubby side and am very thin, very opinionated, sociable and intelligent.
I want to know if she's ideal for me to go ahead and formally propose to her. I am having second thoughts about this, that's why I brought it to you guys, it's serious and I feel a young man like me should be gunning for a girl of 26 - 27 years old.
Thanks
Martin Luther

U r having 2nd thoughts Bcuz she is 30yrs,(nt btw 26-27) n less i forget, u r 34??
Dude, if she's an amazing person n u love her, n she loves u, those "flimsy excuses " should be forgotten asap. Age is nothing bt a freaking number.

Marriage is a journey, not a semester. Stop being sentimental, n do wats right.

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by MRBrownJ: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinlooter:
Hello Nairalanders,
Thanks
Martin Luther

NONSENSE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!!

A) you dont marry your friends, you 1st get into a r/ship, 2nd see if you even like each other, and 3rd after A FEW MONTHS, you can propose, if the connection/attraction/compatibility (and the desire to spend the rest of your life with her), is there.
B) her age is irrelevant to the above point A
C) just because you are thin and she is chubby, doesnt automatically makes this an "impossible r/ship", the IMPORTANT question is: are you physically attracted to her?!
D) if you aint attracted/comfortable with how she looks physically... then you have no business thinking of marrying her, because from the day you marry her, chances are her look will go from chubby to "baby whale", after just a few kids.
E) how could anyone but YOU know what is ideal to YOU?! such question shows us all that you are immature and not ready to propose/marry this woman. it is OBVIOUS you wanna propose for the wrong reasons
F) second thoughts are a sign that your brain is actually functioning, and understands that what you are trying to do is MADNESS!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST a man of your age should know what he wants, regardless of a person's age. if this lady makes you feel like a trillion bucks and you want to spend the rest of your life with her then i suggest you follow the above point A

4 Likes

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Elzends(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ur developing cold feet bro...it's normal... If age is why u are having 2nd thoughts, i see no reason why u shouldn't marry her...it's not like she's near menopause
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Abbeyunique2(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
U don't love her enough, cos if u do, u wont be asking such a question. only you and you can know if she's ideal or not

2 Likes

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Daniel2289(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
U don't love her enough, cos if u do, u wont be asking such a question. only you and you can know if she's ideal or not

Dats just it. One like 4 u.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Cutehector:
Pls carry on with the wedding.. she is a wife material

Thanks Bros, I appreciate the advice.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
MRBrownJ:

NONSENSE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!!

A) you dont marry your friends, you 1st get into a r/ship, 2nd see if you even like each other, and 3rd after A FEW MONTHS, you can propose, if the connection/attraction/compatibility (and the desire to spend the rest of your life with her), is there.
B) her age is irrelevant to the above point A
C) just because you are thin and she is chubby, doesnt automatically makes this an "impossible r/ship", the IMPORTANT question is: are you physically attracted to her?!
D) if you aint attracted/comfortable with how she looks physically... then you have no business thinking of marrying her, because from the day you marry her, chances are her look will go from chubby to "baby whale", after just a few kids.
E) how could anyone but YOU know what is ideal to YOU?! such question shows us all that you are immature and not ready to propose/marry this woman. it is OBVIOUS you wanna propose for the wrong reasons
F) second thoughts are a sign that your brain is actually functioning, and understands that what you are trying to do is MADNESS!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST a man of your age should know what he wants, regardless of a person's age. if this lady makes you feel like a trillion bucks and you want to spend the rest of your life with her then i suggest you follow the above point A

Waooh! Mr. brown, you really gave it out with no joy. I enjoy the hard facts and the hard truth is how you've just put it. No hard feelings, lessons learnt.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Elzends:
Ur developing cold feet bro...it's normal... If age is why u are having 2nd thoughts, i see no reason why u shouldn't marry her...it's not like she's near menopause

I
Yeah, I guess everyone that has been on this road developed the same cold feet at some point. I love her though, and want to take the big leap, but I just want some experienced minds out here to convince me that I sure know what I am doing.
Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

Thanks for your response, I feel she is the ideal one for me, I just have this reservations about this aspects of her, so I brought this issue here for guidance. I guess one can't have it all 100% good. Take some leave some. Apart from this two things that I feel apprehensive about, she is a perfect fit.
Thanks once again for the encouragement
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
AlexCk:

U r having 2nd thoughts Bcuz she is 30yrs,(nt btw 26-27) n less i forget, u r 34??
Dude, if she's an amazing person n u love her, n she loves u, those "flimsy excuses " should be forgotten asap. Age is nothing bt a freaking number.

Marriage is a journey, not a semester. Stop being sentimental, n do wats right.

Thanks on your thoughtful words. I just feel it's kinda weird that she might look a little bit too old for me by 35 or thereabouts. But I agree with you, it's a journey, and with her kinda person, it sure is going to be an interesting journey.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by AlexCk: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinlooter:

Thanks on your thoughtful words. I just feel it's kinda weird that she might look a little bit too old for me by 35 or thereabouts. But I agree with you, it's a journey, and with her kinda person, it sure is going to be an interesting journey.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate

Happy to help bruh,
Im sorry if i sounded kinda harsh/rude. grin
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
dairykidd:
Hold what u got before you regret making a mistake all in the name of looking for a younger lady

Thanks and I promise you, I will hold on to her, cause she is very caring and always interested in my welfare.

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinlooter:

Thanks for your response, I feel she is the ideal one for me, I just have this reservations about this aspects of her, so I brought this issue here for guidance. I guess one can't have it all 100% good. Take some leave some. Apart from this two things that I feel apprehensive about, she is a perfect fit.
Thanks once again for the encouragement
Most time(esp matter of heart), we have the answer to our question. all we have to do is to listen to the man in the mirror.
listen to taio cruz beautiful monster. you have to love all of her(with her imperfections). jah bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
halfricanadian:
If she is right for u
Mr pls carry on dont waste a second
Thanks and I promise you, i will.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by martinlooter(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
amiibaby:
Age is just a number... I would advise U go for the tin U love against all odds

Hopefully, I will, everyone on this thread has told me to go on, and that is surely what I will do. Nobody here thinks I am on the wrong path. So, I hope to follow your advise as directed. Thanks amiibaby. Your words have encouraged me.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by halfricanadian(f): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinlooter:

Thanks and I promise you, i will.

Awwwwwww

Its amazing cry cry chai abeg i will come o really come

Aso ebi must not cost o

If not sad na sport jersey i go wear
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by AfroKnight: 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
A "young man" like you? cheesy cheesy cheesy In that case, a young man deserves a young babe. Go for the 26 year old babes.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by grad2012(f): 2:18am On Apr 09, 2016
You luv her go for her ok and beside you are 34 she is 30 you are still older than her and she aint all that old abeg.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by itstpia8: 2:28am On Apr 09, 2016
dunno what to type.
Re: Is She Too Old For Me? by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 09, 2016
A "YOUNG" man like you should go for 9 or 10yrs old girl instead.

If at 34 and you are still confused about marriage, then you need Ben Bruce's common sense tweets.undecided

What I'm saying in essence is Mr. Man, go and marry the girl you already proposed to before amadioha strikes your opium he-ad goddamit.angry

(1) (Reply)

7 Words She Wants To Hear You Say When You’re Having Sex / 16 Women Reveal What Turns Them Off About A Man / Ladies Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.