Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? (19181 Views)

Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by babyfaceafrica: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
dokgen:

FIRST CLASS NA FIRST CLASS. Whether u bought it or worked for it. If an opportunity comes in a FORTUNE 500 company, and they asked for only first class, nobody gives a shit whether ur own 2.1 is from ABU or public univeristy. ONLY the guy WITH THE FIRST CLASS CAN APPLY, irrespective of the university. Wake up to that reality and stop hating. Dont feel bad though, if u dont have a first class, U can always go back to skul to get it if it means so much to u , smh.
lolz
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Trendishine: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
udemzy101:

i wld Continue to display my stupidity in public forum.... i am an Olori buruku, omo ale jati jati.
u are a fool and its obvious. yoruba goat.. no wonder u smell...the fulani herdsmen wld come 4 u. lol. onye-ara. otule okuko..
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Pasca07: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
people3:
You are STUPID apart from OAU no any other school in Nigeria is better than EKSU ....... Ekiti people are d most intelligent people in nigeria EkSU was ranked No 1 uni as act d yr 2000 then it was UNAD
pls if na play stop am university of Ibadan is the best university in nigeria so don't compare it with OAU
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Ayopedro(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
You can't compare private Universities first class with public universities, is not comparable though most private uni students has the connections after graduating. Schools like Eksu , OAU , Ui are tough. How many first class products of private uni have ever seen doing their MSc in public uni just few. Can u compare lead city uni products with lasu
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Trendishine:
u are a fool and its obvious. yoruba goat.. no wonder u smell...the fulani herdsmen wld come 4 u. lol. onye-ara. otule okuko..

E pain am... Continue stupidity runs in your blood.

FYI I'm not a yoruba boy. person
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Fxwarrior: 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Na Firstclass Graduates be their prob now

Y d hating now. There are a lot of big deal. They worked so hard for it and avoid all distraction,they need to be appreciated

Modified,most of us just rushed to comment base on the misleading OP's title
Anyway,the writer has some salient points,these private Universities have really made First Class a common thing. And even the Federal Uni for those that mentioned UI,OAU etc. Yes,check the numbers of First Class Graduates in the Federal Uni compare to State. You will hear numbers like 85,72,some even 100+ compare to schools like Lasu,Eksu where they manage just 6,7,8 or highest 20 which is very rare. I am not comparing the standard and quality of these First Class graduates between Federal Uni or State but trying to buttress the point of the OP. One of my lecturer here in Eksu always say and I quote"if you graduate with even just 4.5 here in Eksu,u will be overall best student in Federal Uni and become the lecturer of your lecturers in Private Uni". grin

This is what I call nonsensical nonsense. State universities are where research on latest means of examination malpractices are being carried out.

They sort, block courses like say tomorrow no dey. Imagine their students watching movies a day to exam without covering their course outline because money to tidy the course already dey ground.
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Trendishine: 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
udemzy101:

E pain am... Continue stupidity runs in your blood.

FYI I'm not a yoruba boy. person
i know u are not, but u were as stewpid as the yoruba u jst spoke, so i called u the ewure the yoruba use in preparing. .asu. the yoruba goat. foolishness runs in ur viens and blood stream..nimrod..from ur initial post on the thread, i jst knew u were imbecilic. u dnt even think. the ability to think b4 u type is such an herculean task for, hence ur gibberish...jst swerve boy, swerve..shu...i know e pain u, but if u wanna remain stewpid, keep mentioning..continue. analpoke.now trod along boy, trod along
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Pasca07: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2016
Ayopedro:
You can't compare private Universities first class with public universities, is not comparable though most private uni students has the connections after graduating. Schools like Eksu , OAU , Ui are tough. How many first class products of private uni have ever seen doing their MSc in public uni just few. Can u compare lead city uni products with lasu
stop saying you what u don't know... are u saying lead city product are dullards? I have met some of them especially in information technology I must say they r brilliant besides majority of them travel abroad to further their education after the completion of their first degree and they are doing well too so y d comparison in naija university which is not even recognize in developed countries?
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Ayopedro:
pls do not add eksu into the likes of oau ui. It is absolutely unacceptable. Eksu i know is one of unbeffiting uni we have here in 9ja. Well i may accept that it is cheap to make first class in private than public uni, but you have to know the reason too. The reasons is flexibility in academics, if public uni is also flexible in standard,more graduate will come out as a first class candidate.note that education learn by force do not stay in the heart.
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Na Firstclass Graduates be their prob now

Y d hating now. There are a lot of big deal. They worked so hard for it and avoid all distraction,they need to be appreciated

Modified,most of us just rushed to comment base on the misleading OP's title
Anyway,the writer has some salient points,these private Universities have really made First Class a common thing. And even the Federal Uni for those that mentioned UI,OAU etc. Yes,check the numbers of First Class Graduates in the Federal Uni compare to State. You will hear numbers like 85,72,some even 100+ compare to schools like Lasu,Eksu where they manage just 6,7,8 or highest 20 which is very rare. I am not comparing the standard and quality of these First Class graduates between Federal Uni or State but trying to buttress the point of the OP. One of my lecturer here in Eksu always say and I quote"if you graduate with even just 4.5 here in Eksu,u will be overall best student in Federal Uni and become the lecturer of your lecturers in Private Uni". grin
lol. Federal uni produces more first class graduate than state uni not because it is cheap to get but the numbers of student on it. Fed uni is more populated than state uni, so except more graduate.fed uni are mostly attractive to the most clever student while state graduate are most of those who could not scape through the stiff entrance competition of a federal uni. Federal uni firstclass will automatically become an assistant lecturer in a state uni especially in the field of education. It is a fact.
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by juwoonn(m): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2016
Ejemehn:

Do you know what it means to get a 2:1 at all? Do you know you must fulfill 75% of lectures and classes to even qualify to take an exam?
Do you also know that Davido's father paid the school to erect the department of music?
I doubt........

Never said he is not intelligent.
i had a 2:1 from Unilorin my friend. don't tell me rubbish, i'm a lecturer.
life is not as difficult as some of you depicts it.

It still doesn't speak well for a world class musician like Davido to have a grade below average in Music. you wont understand if you cant comprehend.
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by seanwilliam(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
juwoonn:

i had a 2:1 from Unilorin my friend. don't tell me rubbish, i'm a lecturer.
life is not as difficult as some of you depicts it.

It still doesn't speak well for a world class musician like Davido to have a grade below average in Music. you wont understand if you cant comprehend.
u r a lecturer at where? wanna ask u smts
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by MysticZeus: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Emilord:
I think it is only in state universities that one can confidently say that first class is not beans..,take for instance Ambrose alli university Ekpoma, since I have been in the school(am currently in 400l,law),the school has only graduated one first class student,and that was last year from Engineering department. then compare and contrast yourself

But, this is not true.
Re: First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? by Emilord(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
MysticZeus:

But, this is not true.
Alright, give me the evidence anyone else that graduated with first class in the past three years....or do you count that philosophy guy that they have not given result?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tin Ore Found On University Of Ilorin Land In Large Deposit – VC Abdulkareem / University Sues Student For Completing Degree Too Quickly / University Of Lagos Post-UTME Screening Exercise 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.