Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter (22223 Views)

Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Top 5 Inexpensive Hotels To Lodge With Your Spouse On Val’s Day / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by 247frolic(m): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2016
According to BBC reporter, Isa Sanusi who visited Kano recently, hotels in Kano state give out this slip to their guests to sign. Here is what he wrote

"I was in Kano earlier this week to collect material for a feature I'm working on and checked into hotel where I was asked to sign this slip. Every guest at most hotels here are required to sign such statements because of random raids by the Hisbah - the city's Islamic police force. The Sharia officers search the hotels looking for single women, who they always assume are prostitutes".

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/single-women-are-not-allowed-to-lodge.html

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by maryjan8(f): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2016
But not all single woman are prostitutes

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 6:31am On Apr 09, 2016
maryjan8:
But not all single woman are prostitutes
Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone

8 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Tallesty1(m): 6:34am On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone
Don't be silly nah.

I take God beg you.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by uboma(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Asides from Earth, which planet did you spring from boy.

Your thinking is so whacked....

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2016
uboma:

Asides from Earth, which planet did you spring from boy.

Your thinking is so whacked....

who are you calling a boy boy. what did i say that is wrong you blind yourself to sentiments how many reasonable single ladies have you found in hotels

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by justwise(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

There is no excuse to be this silly

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by uboma(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

who are you calling a boy boy. what did i say that is wrong you blind yourself to sentiments how many reasonable single ladies have you found in hotels

Boy, you are still off from civilization, hence no need to debate further on this issue with you.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2016
uboma:

Boy, you are still off from civilization, hence no need to debate further on this issue with you.
you are right there is no reason to debate your view of civilization is different from mine boy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by mcee1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
Good.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by salaboiz(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Integrityfarms(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
I think the North deserves their own nation!

What sort of undue intrusion to privacy and fundamental human right abuse Is this? In this modern world

41 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by kennysteve77: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
The government should have simply banned hotel business instead of the undue infringement on rights and unfair treatment for the female gender.

10 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Carowline(f): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
Religious Mentality and its evils... Smh...

18 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by whirlwind7(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Still changes nothing. A prostitute will not go to pay for a room in a hotel, except she is certain of a client.

In which case, it's her client that will make the payment for the room. All he needs do is sign the form and agree that the woman is his wife (few hours wife cheesy) Business is transacted, and everyone goes home happy.

The hisbah just want to give the impression they are enforcing their sharia law. They know that this is exercise in futility. A total waste of time.
What's more, most people are aware that sharia law is very sexist and discriminates against women.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Octaves(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
That is sexist. Law makers should always put human rights above religion and culture

9 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by systemz(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Bros retract that statement, cuz u're not being reasonable

27 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ireneony(f): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
I undecided yet na their women fuccck pass.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

You must be a religous bigot and illiterate..

Do you know most single women work in big private firms who travel around Nigeria

KPMG, ACCENTURE, CBN , PWC, etc?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by amokeme(f): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
somethings I read online tho...
iyb:

so let's say I go to a state iv never been to before or know anyone for maybe an interview or a business meeting, please where is suitable for me to stay? Under the bridge Smh.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Octaves(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Integrityfarms:
I think the North deserves their own nation!

What sort of undue intrusion to privacy and fundamental human right abuse Is this? In this modern world
yes they do. No sane people would want to be in d same country as northeners

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Ridwan1821: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Is Shariah law practiced in Kano state?
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Psylas(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sharia law in progressing
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by nkemdi89(f): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
It's been like that for ages, even alcohol are not allowed, but why are they bringing it up now to heat up religious bias or what.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Pavore9: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

So a single woman can longer travel far away from home and get a temporary accommodation in a hotel while she is in a new place ?

15 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
which kind rubbish be dis one again??.. make single woman no travel again?
y dis people daft lyk dis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nwadiala: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
North will always remain not

8 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.