Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter (22213 Views)

Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Top 5 Inexpensive Hotels To Lodge With Your Spouse On Val’s Day / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by mukhtara446(m): 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
MarieSucre:

I don't think you read the article at all. The article says if she is with a man, the man will he asked to sign her in as his wife(that is if they're married o). If she is single they will not even bother to check her in. So what are you saying?
ok but what i know is their is different slip to sign couple and single but i dont know were in kano or which hotel those that but the one's i know are different and they are in kano tnx
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2016
MarieSucre:

Whether you nitpick the "silly excuses" or not, my point is made. Stop glorifying mediocrity in learning the lingua franca. It must not always be that it is competing with the local language. You should be encouraged to be proficient in it on its own without resorting to argumentums like "what about our local language".
We all have preferences and I am not under any obligation to have the same preference with u and vice versa. A typical Hausa Muslim prefers to be more proficient in Arabic than in English. Is that a case? Yes English is our official language and I am not disputing that. If I have the opportunity to learn it, I Will certainly avail myself otherwise I don't give a damn as long as I can explain whatsoever it is and be understood. I have a language which I speak fluently and I can't stress myself just to be proficient in a borrowed one.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nusaf:

E pain am. And besides, my mum doesn't know who patronises who in Lahadin Makole or whatever u called that place but u certainly do. Oloshi.

Well as a corper I witnessed what went on that muddy village where we had our corpers lodge and I did saw ur mama among them.

Omo olosho. omo jatijati. b^stard of unknown origin!
dan iska. banza bakwai. kwalata ubanka ya sha rana omo ale
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
mykl01:

Marry them and stay married to them, not disposing of them when you have destroyed their future.

No way! Married at age 9, divorced by age 16. Uwar daya, uba goma that's what most of the children turn out to be

...meaning
one mother, ten fathers undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:55am On Apr 15, 2016
MarieSucre:

It's funny how you see that American immigration laws are quite discriminatory. But your hypocrisy will not allow you to see that it is the same excuse you and the fascists in America are using.

-Its their land and/or their culture so they will not allow muslims /blacks in to do anyhow.
-Its Hausa land and Islamic law, so we will not allow others e.g Southerners/Christians to flaunt our laws.

-They(The Americans) need to secure the culturally and racial cohesiveness of their country so if any Arab, Muslim or black does not like it then they can get out.
-We need to protect the morality of our society so if any outsider, namely southerner doesn't like it then they can get out.

-They single out the black or Muslim coz they believe they're all crooks or terrorists. Disregarding those who are not and stamping on their collective rights.
-Kano singles out unaccompanied-single women coz they believe they're are all prostitutes. Disregarding those who are not and stamping on their collective rights.

Please "taking off clothes" is just false equivalency. What you should be comparing it to here is wearing the niqab because that poses a tangible security threat which can affect the enterprise than exhibitionists running around naked.

Nobody is stopping them from exercising their rights to be sexists, misogynistic rag heads, but it becomes an issue when those rights become an inconvenience to a certain segment of the society.

in your case I will recommend most of the hotels in Sabon Gari run by southerners - you will find many oloshos there, who may even be ready to teach you a trick or two.

Could you pls elaborate on this? Are you by any chance calling me a proostiitute?

I sometimes wonder whether you actually remember your earlier posts or simply do not care if you were to later contradict yourself.
For example, you earlier implied that American laws were not discriminatory yet here you are confirming quite the opposite.
More importantly, you continue to presume the existence of a law compelling Kano hoteliers from accommodating single women; whereas in reality there is none. As already mentioned, it is the hoteliers themselves who came up with the policy; even so; they are not banning single women from lodging by themselves but encouraging men not to lodge in with women other than their wives.
Bottom line; its their rights, so learn to live with it otherwise go and build your own hotel in Kano according to your own standards.
No I was not implying that you were a prostitute but simply recommending the Sabon Gari hotels, who are quite lax with the policy so as to avoid the scrutiny of the more stricter ones, should you ever care to travel and wish to lodge in a Kano hotel as a single woman.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Junior66(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2016
KevinDein:
modern world or immoral world.
Yes hopefully we get our nation. Abuja for capital wink
you are assuming middlebelt folks want to live in the same country as core northerners. Na when Naija eventually wan divide before u go know say northcentral no like northwest vice versa.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

I sometimes wonder whether you actually remember your earlier posts or simply do not care if you were to later contradict yourself.
For example, you earlier implied that American laws were not discriminatory yet here you are confirming quite the opposite.
More importantly, you continue to presume the existence of a law compelling Kano hoteliers from accommodating single women; whereas in reality there is none. As already mentioned, it is the hoteliers themselves who came up with the policy; even so; they are not banning single women from lodging by themselves but encouraging men not to lodge in with women other than their wives.
Bottom line; its their rights, so learn to live with it otherwise go and build your own hotel in Kano according to your own standards.
No I was not implying that you were a prostitute but simply recommending the Sabon Gari hotels, who are quite lax with the policy so as to avoid the scrutiny of the more stricter ones, should you ever care to travel and wish to lodge in a Kano hotel as a single woman.

You're the one creating a straw man and knocking it down by yourself. I never implied that the American immigration law was not discriminatory. This is what I said; just imagine that America starts initiating restrictive laws against Muslims and blacks. My point is already clear from the above. Point being, put the shoe on the other foot. Even though as stated above some of the citizens might say they have a RIGHT to pick who stays and those who don't like it can get lost. I concurred with your point and rightly pointed out the hypocrisy of calling some American's views discriminatory on the other hand calling the Kano's hoteliers "Right".

" Bottom line; its their rights, so learn to live with it otherwise go and build your own hotel in Kano according to your own standards."

-I have already addressed this point over and again. Their right(even though it is not a law) ends where it begins to discriminate. Simple!! You can take it as you want.

My point still stands, so someone with a peniis will be allowed to lodge alone but I can't se. So much for a culture and religion that gives women rights.

I know your type. The perpetual victim who is blind to oppression. You will shout racist!! tribalist!! islamophobe!! but here it becomes -protect our culture/morality. -it is their right. Continue.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:59am On Apr 16, 2016
MarieSucre:

You're the one creating a straw man and knocking it down by yourself. I never implied that the American immigration law was not discriminatory. This is what I said; just imagine that America starts initiating restrictive laws against Muslims and blacks. My point is already clear from the above. Point being, put the shoe on the other foot. Even though as stated above some of the citizens might say they have a RIGHT to pick who stays and those who don't like it can get lost. I concurred with your point and rightly pointed out the hypocrisy of calling some American's views discriminatory on the other hand calling the Kano's hoteliers "Right".

" Bottom line; its their rights, so learn to live with it otherwise go and build your own hotel in Kano according to your own standards."

-I have already addressed this point over and again. Their right(even though it is not a law) ends where it begins to discriminate. Simple!! You can take it as you want.

My point still stands, so someone with a peniis will be allowed to lodge alone but I can't se. So much for a culture and religion that gives women rights.

I know your type. The perpetual victim who is blind to oppression. You will shout racist!! tribalist!! islamophobe!! but here it becomes -protect our culture/morality. -it is their right. Continue.

My God, you are incorrigible: You kept yapping about discriminatory laws and now you denying it.
Well, in case you forgot, refer below:

Its Hausa land and Islamic law, so we will not allow others e.g Southerners/Christians to flaunt our laws.

Your words, not mine.

Here you go again; yapping about single women being denied hotel lodging even after being severally informed that it is not the case - the article and you are quite wrong.
Let me ask: Have you ever been to Kano? Have you ever been denied hotel lodging in any Kano hotel because you are a single woman? Do you know any single woman who has suffered such fate?
If not; then I sincerely think you need to take a chill pill on the matter otherwise your misconception is fast turning into an irrational obsession.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

My God, you are incorrigible: You kept yapping about discriminatory laws and now you denying it.
Well, in case you forgot, refer below:

Its Hausa land and Islamic law, so we will not allow others e.g Southerners/Christians to flaunt our laws.

Your words, not mine.

Here you go again; yapping about single women being denied hotel lodging even after being severally informed that it is not the case - the article and you are quite wrong.
Let me ask: Have you ever been to Kano? Have you ever been denied hotel lodging in any Kano hotel because you are a single woman? Do you know any single woman who has suffered such fate?
If not; then I sincerely think you need to take a chill pill on the matter otherwise your misconception is fast turning into an irrational obsession.

I guess I misread it. So now let us accept. It is not an "official" law. Shikena.

Now if there is nothing there? Why was the article written? And what exactly are you defending? Since there is nothing? That's all I'm asking.

" Here you go again; yapping about single women being denied hotel lodging even after being severally informed that it is not the case - the article and you are quite wrong.
Let me ask: ".

-Sure. I'm gonna take the word of an anonymous nairaland user to that of a journalist who is an eye witness. No credible evidence on your part, not even the semblance of an article from a vetted news outlet. But of course, what do I know.
Allahu alim
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
^^^^^Like I already said, both you and the article are wrong, the journalist who wrote it was not telling the truth.
If you care to refer to my first post on the issue you'd notice that I even suggested for the heading to be modified because it was quite misleading.
You can even deduce from the uploaded promissory note that the hotel(s) were only appealing (not demanding) and the appeal itself was being directed specifically at ONLY MALE GUESTS not to share their rooms with other women not their wives.
I know this because I am a citizen of Kano State, I live and have properties there, though I am now also dividing my time between Kano and Abuja.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by thor231: 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
Madness at a higher level

post=44538614:
According to BBC reporter, Isa Sanusi who visited Kano recently, hotels in Kano state give out this slip to their guests to sign. Here is what he wrote

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/single-women-are-not-allowed-to-lodge.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices / Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.