Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter (22250 Views)

Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Top 5 Inexpensive Hotels To Lodge With Your Spouse On Val’s Day / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Ridwan1821: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
nkemdi89:
It's been like that for ages, even alcohol are not allowed, but why are they bringing it up now to heat up religious bias or what.
Abi ooo
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

You must be a religous bigot and illiterate..

Do you know most single women work in big private firms who travel around Nigeria

KPMG, ACCENTURE, CBN , PWC, etc?
Who knows maybe I am a religious bigot but definitely not an illiterate, illiterates can't read remember you seem older than I am so I won't say anything insulting
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Integrityfarms(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
APCsupporter:

Its you that should change your ur nation. Kill yourself

Of a truth you lived up to the expectations of your moniker! So because I don't agree to your opinions you go on with unnecessary comments!

#toobad

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by jordyspices: 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
Wat difference does it make will it stop d prostitutes from selling deir body or me a single lady dat has something serious to do in kano nd wanna lodge in a hotel will I be regarded as a. Prostitute or probably get arrested for prostitution dese ppl are sick well na deir big men I dey laugh no were for them to knack all dose 13yrs girls akpako lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by olas24u(f): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
mcee1:
Good.
e other

And you want to share other peoples VAT% that is collected in other states from does services.You cheat others and you are not contributing anything to the Nigerian state.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by amokeme(f): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Who knows maybe I am a religious bigot but definitely not an illiterate, illiterates can't read remember you seem older than I am so I won't say anything insulting
Educated illiterates can

5 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by TruthTella(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone
You must be a Muslim for you to make this type of statement.

Muslim women have really suffered in the hands of the Muslim men.

So a lady enroute to another town cannot lodge in a hotel when it gets dark? A lady travelling to attend job interview in a town where she doesn't know anybody cannot lodge in a hotel?

13 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by theEYe21(f): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
There are some women that like to be alone. Just to clear their head from stress, vacation or just to visit Kano. They are some single women that go to the cinema and different places just to relax by themselves.
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone

5 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by theEYe21(f): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
that is why its called "Sharia" Kano is already a sharia state sef. quote author=Integrityfarms post=44548399]I think the North deserves their own nation!

What sort of undue intrusion to privacy and fundamental human right abuse Is this? In this modern world[/quote]
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
Its needless for some of you to start abusing urselves here. Apparently, I think a lot of reasons can make a single woman/lady lodge in a Hotel alone. It is supposed to be a civilised entity, people can go to program/event/seminar and may run out of time and taking a night in a Hotel is not a bad idea per say! Women go to such programs too. And what if the seminar is in a said hotel where the participant(s) are meant to lodge for days depending on the elasticity of the program? Not all ladies in Hotels are prostitutes, event can lead a lady to lodge.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Bollinger(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

What if your job requires you to travel as a female? Are you going to take your husband with you? There is no reason whatsoever to deny single women from staying in hotels. The way Nigerians think is mind boggling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Patode: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
In a lot of highly religious cities, this is common. Nigerian ladies like to run to Dubai, but they'll never tell you what they do or see there. I've been to Dubai a couple of times and stayed at the Savoy suites. No alcohol or single ladies are allowed in this or similar classes of hotel. Two streets away, there is a hotel called York, where you can get alcohol and cool African babes hustling.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
ireneony:
I undecided yet na their women fuccck pass.
When you said that didn't you feel the urge to laugh I am sure it sounded funny to you cos promiscuity level is way lower in hausa land than the south and they are fewer hausa ladies working as prostitutes when compared with southern girls.
This is the one thing that is undebatable between the north and the south even celebrities are affirming the situation no hausa celebrity is baby mama or baby daddy same can't be said for your side

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by theEYe21(f): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
The law makers in Nigeria or the law is backward. That's why Nigeria is still underdeveloped. Nigeria still live in the Stone Age times.
Octaves:
That is sexist. Law makers should always put human rights above religion and culture

4 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by lyterydim(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

you are right there is no reason to debate your view of civilization is different from mine boy
hehehe let's stop argument but what will a girl be doing in a hotel room alone
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by nuradeen011(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
Frm most of the comment i read here, i just learned that most of the people here lack modesty or they mis interprete the word but the only truth is that there are singles and there are prostitudes this is why u have to present credible evidence b4 u are given a hotel room
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by jopretty(f): 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

so I'm asked to go to Kano for official duties, I can't lodge in a hotel cos I'm a lady? Or if I have a wedding to attend and no space in the brides' family house, I should climb tree and sleep on? Abegii!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nnemuka(f): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
cool.

3 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by mekaboy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
They make such laws.

Encourage extreemism.

Destroy their region.

Then set aside billions from money generated by other states to rebuild the region.

Nigeria sef.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
jopretty:
so I'm asked to go to Kano for official duties, I can't lodge in a hotel cos I'm a lady? Or if I have a wedding to attend and no space in the brides' family house, I should climb tree and sleep on? Abegii!!
You bring an official letter from your office and you are good to go as for the wedding thing in my place houses are provided for female guests that's like compulsory even if it's a friends house accommodation is guaranteed.
By the way let me also use this avenue to say this rules apply only in a few hotels which are government owned and a few private hotels but most hotels will give you a room before u can say jack Robinson
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by sanerugwei: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

When you said that didn't you feel the urge to laugh I am sure it sounded funny to you cos promiscuity level is way lower in hausa land than the south and they are fewer hausa ladies working as prostitutes when compared with southern girls.
This is the one thing that is undebatable between the north and the south even celebrities are affirming the situation no hausa celebrity is baby mama or baby daddy same can't be said for your side

Where did you get your stats from... With the prevalent rape..sex violence and child marriages and abuse up north why will you think because popular artists have baby mams..then the south will be adjudged more promiscuous.
The truth is that this sharia people are the worst of all hypocritics. What they do in the hidden they try to enforce with their stupid sharia laws. A lady has as much rights as a man to be single. Being single and alone in a hotel is not a crime or how does that stop the emirs and mullas from having sex slaves and child brides. For crying out aloud why do they have state police in form of the so called hisbah. Southern governors are just stupid and docile.. Why not form Aladimma traditional ploice too to clear out those murderous fulani herdsmen that are raping and destroying lives and goods up south.

11 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Isahalbash(m): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
jordyspices:
Wat difference does it make will it stop d prostitutes from selling deir body or me a single lady dat has something serious to do in kano nd wanna lodge in a hotel will I be regarded as a. Prostitute or probably get arrested for prostitution dese ppl are sick well na deir big men I dey laugh no were for them to knack all dose 13yrs girls akpako lipsrsealed

D way ur pple de knack dos small smal girls for lag abi??
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
sanerugwei:

Where did you get your stats from... With the prevalent rape..sex violence and child marriages and abuse up north why will you think because popular artists have baby mams..then the south will be adjudged more promiscuous.
The truth is that this sharia people are the worst of all hypocritics. What they do in the hidden they try to enforce with their stupid sharia laws. A lady has as much rights as a man to be single. Being single and alone in a hotel is not a crime or how does that stop the emirs and mullas from having sex slaves and child brides. For crying out aloud why do they have state police in form of the so called hisbah. Southern governors are just stupid and docile.. Why not form Aladimma traditional ploice too to clear out those murderous fulani herdsmen that are raping and destroying lives and goods up south.
Sum up everything you said it still doesn't make the north more promiscuous than the south. pregnancy before marriage is considered ok by some in the south, having sex with ur girlfriend is considered ok by some,some don't even marry till after giving birth to children ,southerners have accepted that it's not a must for you to find a virgin wife that is not the case in the north ask anyone what will happen if a girl gets pregnant outside the bounds of marriage, ask anyone the type of conflict that ensues when a man finds out his wife is not a virgin call a spade a spade southerners are more promiscuous by a far margin

3 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Sum up everything you said it still doesn't make the north more promiscuous than the south. pregnancy before marriage is considered ok by some in the south, having sex with ur girlfriend is considered ok by some,some don't even marry till after giving birth to children ,southerners have accepted that it's not a must for you to find a virgin wife that is not the case in the north ask anyone what will happen if a girl gets pregnant outside the bounds of marriage, ask anyone the type of conflict that ensues when a man finds out his wife is not a virgin call a spade a spade southerners are more promiscuous by a far margin

That is simply because children are married off at a very young age. Child marriage is accepted in the north so that is not marrying a virgin that is child abuse.

10 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Teespice(f): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
why am I not surprised

there are certain areas in kano where a single woman cannot live alone, this same hisbah will chase them away.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Diamonddamsel: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
Amazing.As a woman I've found myself in towns I know nobody.Where would I have stayed in Kano in such a case?

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
amokeme:
Educated illiterates can
I am not sure educated and illiteracy can be used in the same sentence my dear undecided undecided undecided
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Fanirandele: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Patode:
In a lot of highly religious cities, this is common. Nigerian ladies like to run to Dubai, but they'll never tell you what they do or see there. I've been to Dubai a couple of times and stayed at the Savoy suites. No alcohol or single ladies are allowed in this or similar classes of hotel. Two streets away, there is a hotel called York, where you can get alcohol and cool African babes hustling.

It's a lie. My sister has stayed in many of the
Biggest hotels in dubai alone. I have a friend who got a job in dubai and till she got an apartment she stayed in a hotel alone. Many women go on holiday alone in dubai and stay in hotels

4 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by admax(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
ok
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Amberon11: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
please shut up with your village mentality. Last time I was in Abuja for visa interview, my dad personally gave me money to lodge in a hotel throughout my stay there. Also whenever I travel and don't have friends to squat with, I easily lodge in a hotel. Now tell me what's in that? Should "single women" or even married women then sleep on the streets? rubbish!!

Poverty mentality.
iyb:

5 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Amberon11:
please shut up with your village mentality. Last time I was in Abuja for visa interview, my dad personally gave me money to lodge in a hotel throughout my stay there. Also whenever I travel and don't have friends to squat with, I easily lodge in a hotel. Now tell me what's in that? Should "single women" or even married women then sleep on the streets? rubbish!!

Poverty mentality.
That's very good not my problem go an take your city mentality elsewhere and about the poverty thing grin grin sorry you got that one wrong maybe the village mentality might be right though I am from the north afterall and you southerners look down on us so maybe you are right I have a village mentality but definitely not poor sorry

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Gentleveks(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nwadiala:
North will always remain not
i think the better sentence is 'north will always remain nut'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices / Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.