Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter (22175 Views)

Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Top 5 Inexpensive Hotels To Lodge With Your Spouse On Val’s Day / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 12:11am On Apr 10, 2016
pinceprinz:

intolerant? the question is what is it not tolerating? social vices? I'll go for it please..

Exclusionary - Well I think this principle is the exact sedative to calm the already highly neurotic and toxic society and treat our sick cycle psychology in desperate need of psychiatry. . . Our psychiatry? ; Following the rulings of the Mightiest Monarch to the letter. Emphasizing 'to the letter', our North is still found wanting.

No sweetheart. Its intolerant of women. Insensitive to their needs. It prioritizes men over them every single time. A single man with his prostitute disguised as a wife can obviously enter. But I'll have to bring proof of my work or vacation or even blood group to prove that I am not one.

You seem to think such overt generalization of women is funny and OK. But don't forget its not everyday that is your day.

Today its Kano state and its crazy sharia- backed constricting rules and women. Tomorrow it could be something just as oppressive against Hausa's or Muslims. Take note.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 12:12am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

Marrying a child is molestation in case you don't know. According to Universal laws; a child cannot consent to a sexual union.
My dear no Muslim marries a child all our wives are matured before we marry them admittedly we won't marry old hags grin like they do in the south but they are not children either.
stay away from old hags lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

No sweetheart. Its intolerant of women. Insensitive to their needs. It prioritizes men over them every single time. A single man with his prostitute disguised as a wife can obviously enter. But I'll have to bring prove of my work or vacation or even blood group to prove that I am not one.

You seem to think such overt generalization of women is funny and OK. But don't forget its not everyday that is your day.

Today its Kano state and its crazy sharia- backed constricting rules and women. Tomorrow it could something just as oppressive against Hausa's or Muslims. Take note.

Intolerant of Women? What is intolerant of women? - Islam itself , Sharia or the Muslims that try to follow those? That will be your absolute assignment.

No, I don't feel such generalisation is Ok.

Now, the fact is that, we all serenading this particular thread are only passing our judgments based on some inbred stereotypes... So, If you're really interested in this case my lady, why not go on a research spree digging for the real why's for this 'new' development and feed your conundrums? , for as we all know, this isn't how it used to be in Kano. There must be a reason for it. Noff of the wild guesses that would continue to compound an issue that could be so miniature.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 10, 2016
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone
use your head bro, so because my sis is single, she cannot visit kano and lodge in a hotel to spend a night if she doesn't know anyone in kano ehh??
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Gboliwe: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

Some foreigners working in this country can't speak good English but they still carry out their jobs according to specifications. Will u say they are quacks? What is most important is service delivery. U are also quick to say that that is my level. Which level are u in life? U think u are enlightened. Well, I don't know u and I can't be that stupid to assume any level for you.

There's a word called "impression" and we all actively and unconsciously use it. When you meet someone on or offline, you get an impression of his mental state, his IQ, level of exposure and many more things.

Now talking about your friend who can't speak English but gets his job done, that's exactly what I am saying! Hire the right person for the right job! Why hire a Carpentar to fix your car? Why hire a cosmetologist to be your secretary? Hire the right man for your PR. Not one who writes "cut and join" ingrish

Continue arguing with me o.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

English is our lingual franca. If one can't be fluent in that then its just shameful.
A typical case of the cooking pot calling the kettle black. Ok, the last time I checked, that word is spelt 'Lingua franca' not ' 'lingual franca' pls. Also, why is an apostrophe missing in the word 'its'? Or is that not the compressed form of 'it is'? It should be 'it's' pls. It is quite obvious that ur punctuation is very poor. 'that' and 'then' in that sentence need to be separated by a coma. Are u not ashamed of urself now, miss fluency?
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Gboliwe:

There's a word called "impression" and we all actively and unconsciously use it. When you meet someone on or offline, you get an impression of his mental state, his IQ, level of exposure and many more things.

Now talking about your friend who can't speak English but gets his job done, that's exactly what I am saying! Hire the right person for the right job! Why hire a Carpentar to fix your car? Why hire a cosmetologist to be your secretary? Hire the right man for your PR. Not one who writes "cut and join" ingrish

Continue arguing with me o.
And whoever views things from an angle different from yours has created an impression of low mental state, low IQ and low level of exposure? A good case of assessing a house by its paint. U will agree with me that the word 'impression' is sometimes preceded by the word ' wrong', hence 'wrong impression'. I also know that courtesy demands that u treat everyone with dignity until he/she proves otherwise. The reason for this is not far-fetched more especially if you are meeting him/her for the first time either offline or online. But if you don't know why, that says alot of your exposure. But for mental state and IQ, despite ur advocacy for round pegs in round holes, I am quite surprised how you quickly assumed the profession of a psychiatrist, because a mad man on the street never thinks he has mental illness. Also, aggression or words that suggest that, in any argument is nothing but an indication of poverty of ideas and logic. On the use professionals to get things done, I have lost count of the number of hotels' receptionists in Lagos, a state that prides itself with the slogan 'Centre Of Excellence', who cannot piece three to four words to make a sentence correctly but I don't give a damn as long as information has been passed.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by UnimkeAk(m): 10:07am On Apr 10, 2016
iyb:

my sisters are not like yours they don't travel alone no will they come to Cali alone you dey ajegunle and you are calling Cali tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Certainly my sisters cannot be timid and primitive as yours.
My sisters are enlightened, exposed and Career women, who travel on their own and pay their bills.
unlike your insecure female folks in your house.
that's y the north will always be behind.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

A typical case of the cooking pot calling the kettle black. Ok, the last time I checked, that word is spelt 'Lingua franca' not ' 'lingual franca' pls. Also, why is an apostrophe missing in the word 'its'? Or is that not the compressed form of 'it is'? It should be 'it's' pls. It is quite obvious that ur punctuation is very poor. 'that' and 'then' in that sentence need to be separated by a coma. Are u not ashamed of urself now, miss fluency?

Exactly I am ashamed of it. You're just making my point because now I'll proceed to correct myself and not make silly excuses about how "we are Nigerian not British blah blah blah".

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2016
iyb:

My dear no Muslim marries a child all our wives are matured before we marry them admittedly we won't marry old hags grin like they do in the south but they are not children either.

Then what would you call the women that Yerima married? Adult children? And yes sweetie old hag's are women. Does your mother suddenly lose her humanity because she became old??

smh See the face of Islam. A man who has no respect for women. shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2016
pinceprinz:

Intolerant of Women? What is intolerant of women? - Islam itself , Sharia or the Muslims that try to follow those? That will be your absolute assignment.

No, I don't feel such generalisation is Ok.

Now, the fact is that, we all serenading this particular thread are only passing our judgments based on some inbred stereotypes... So, If you're really interested in this case my lady, why not go on a research spree digging for the real why's for this 'new' development and feed your conundrums? , for as we all know, this isn't how it used to be in Kano. There must be a reason for it. Noff of the wild guesses that would continue to compound an issue that could be so miniature.

What are you talking about? Throwing about terms like "inbred stereotype". Is it a stereotype when it is fact. Its just like saying Yoruba's like to eat amala. Is that a stereotype. Something is happening on ground in Kano. Even you acknowledge it. So where is the stereotype? You said it has been going in for a long time. So my issue is why are you defending it instead if condemning it.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Don't be silly nah.

I take God beg you.

No, continue trying to change a man with 4th century mentality, Na you go tire. grin
I'm going to Islamabad next week.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
iyb:

Marry them and stay married to them, not disposing of them when you have destroyed their future.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 11:41am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

Exactly I am ashamed of it. You're just making my point because now I'll proceed to correct myself and not make silly excuses about how "we are Nigerian not British blah blah blah".
My point is that, even though our official language is English, the fact that some people can't speak it fluently or write it very well shouldn't be a reason to assume that they are worthless, and there is nothing embarrassing about it as long as you have been able to pass ur information across. Language is a medium of communication and even the natives of England and US are not as critical as Nigerians when it comes to the fluency of English or lack of it. We tend to glorify good English speakers and at the same time take pride in speaking our native languages poorly. I perceive inferiority complex. Also, did u say silly excuses? One's inability to prove a point and still holding onto his/her baseless views is what I termed silly. Well I am not that familiar with the use of vulgar languages.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

What are you talking about? Throwing about terms like "inbred stereotype". Is it a stereotype when it is fact. Its just like saying Yoruba's like to eat amala. Is that a stereotype. Something is happening on ground in Kano. Even you acknowledge it. So where is the stereotype? You said it has been going in for a long time. So my issue is why are you defending it instead if condemning it.

Did you even digest my response fully before reacting this blindly? The point is , I wasn't opposing neither was I supporting. I tried to be objective. if you now see that as a sly tilt towards supporting this development, then, so be it.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 11:55am On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

It seems u have issues with comprehension. Where did he say it has been going on for a long time? He simply said there must be a reason for this development and before u condemn, find out why. Haba!
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
UnimkeAk:

Certainly my sisters cannot be timid and primitive as yours.
My sisters are enlightened, exposed and Career women, who travel on their own and pay their bills.
unlike your insecure female folks in your house.
that's y the north will always be behind.
If it will keep them from becoming Ashewo and runs girls I prefer them timid and primitive and for ur information my sisters are well educated career women
My sister is the first doctor in Northern Nigeria another on of mine is the first female permanent secretary in the north there is just a line they cannot cross.
We prefer the north to be behind that way we can always laugh at the immorality of southerners.
It surprises me when I hear southerners saying the north is behind go and look at ur society and see then you will know that it is you who deluded himself with an illusion of grandeur while the reality is case worthy of tears
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
iyb:

If it will keep them from becoming Ashewo and runs girls I prefer them timid and primitive and for ur information my sisters are well educated career women
My sister is the first doctor in Northern Nigeria another on of mine is the first female permanent secretary in the north there is just a line they cannot cross.
We prefer the north to be behind that way we can always laugh at the immorality of southerners.
It surprises me when I hear southerners saying the north is behind go and look at ur society and see then you will know that it is you who deluded himself with an illusion of grandeur while the reality is case worthy of tears
And after all these 'wacked lives' in the name of the so called career pursuits they will end up going from one spiritualist to another searching for husband at the age of 40. That is why husband snatching is very rampant among them. Career women my foot.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Gboliwe: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

And whoever views things from an angle different from yours has created an impression of low mental state, low IQ and low level of exposure? A good case of assessing a house by its paint. U will agree with me that the word 'impression' is sometimes preceded by the word ' wrong', hence 'wrong impression'. I also know that courtesy demands that u treat everyone with dignity until he/she proves otherwise. The reason for this is not far-fetched more especially if you are meeting him/her for the first time either offline or online. But if you don't know why, that says alot of your exposure. But for mental state and IQ, despite ur advocacy for round pegs in round holes, I am quite surprised how you quickly assumed the profession of a psychiatrist, because a mad man on the street never thinks he has mental illness. Also, aggression or words that suggest that, in any argument is nothing but an indication of poverty of ideas and logic. On the use professionals to get things done, I have lost count of the number of hotels' receptionists in Lagos, a state that prides itself with the slogan 'Centre Of Excellence', who cannot piece three to four words to make a sentence correctly but I don't give a damn as long as information has been passed.

See the complete veer off what is being discussed.

That Lagos state recruits tailors to fix hair braids on women doesn't make it the standard or the right thing to do. And if there is a wrong impression, doesn't common sense also tell you there is a "right" one?

And just for the records, I at no time mentioned/talked about viewing people who have a different view from me as retarded.
Continue!

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Gboliwe:

See the complete veer off what is being discussed.

That Lagos state recruits tailors to fix hair braids on women doesn't make it the standard or the right thing to do. And if there is a wrong impression, doesn't common sense also tell you there is a "right" one?

And just for the records, I at no time mentioned/talked about viewing people who have a different view from me as retarded.
Continue!
I thought I was relating with one high level celestial being whose thinking faculty works with the speed of light. So, with your high IQ, mental stability and level, reading between the lines is a rocket science? And that is why you said I have digressed. OK, let me put it more succinctly. Those grammatical blunders in the uploaded promissory note are not peculiar to that hotel in Kano and as such stop demanding for their heads. Meanwhile, the use of derogatory languages is never an attribute of a gentleman. It is rather an archaic way of driving home one's point and it also reveals how unexposed u are.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by mukhtara446(m): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

Then let the women's own be on their head too. Stop making life hard for all women, both those who do and don't do.
if a lady commit adultery it's on her head not anyone no one share your sin with you and no one is making life difficult for women its your hotel your rule if you said couple are not allowed in your hotel i believed no one has right to question you and i see nothing wrong in if you see a man and woman want to check-in hotel to asked the man if he swear its his wife caused you dont want sin to committed in your hotel if she is alone no one will asked her that question
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Gboliwe: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

I thought I was relating with one high level celestial being whose thinking faculty works with the speed of light. So, with your high IQ, mental stability and level, reading between the lines is a rocket science? And that is why you said I have digressed. OK, let me put it more succinctly. Those grammatical blunders in the uploaded promissory note are not peculiar to that hotel in Kano and as such stop demanding for their heads. Meanwhile, the use of derogatory languages is never an attribute of a gentleman. It is rather an archaic way of driving home one's point and it also reveals how unexposed u are.

SMH. You surely need to learn the art of logical reasoning. You lack it.

At no point again did I call for the heads of anyone mister.

That you don't mind your illiterate gateman taking down your minutes in an official capacity is not my business, and that brings me back to the " your level" talk. I wee nor take it! I would want someone with a good command of the language to handle that, and that's my own level.

For the second time you have mentioned "using derogatory words" and I will ask that you show me where. Not like your accusation bothers me, but it's just silly making yeye accusations.

The main talk here is get a barber to cut your hair, stop using a carpenter. All this your upandan, disandat is plain digression. Stop the circus. Its already boring

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

Even with all the raids happening in America, dem no born their religious and civil rulers well make dem implement such a law. It leads to blanket discrimination. Just imagine if America started refusing Muslims entrance into their country because of terrorists? What of all the Muslims who are not terrorists.

Yes they're free to adjust it. But their freedom ends where mine starts. Its a democracy. I am a woman who travels around Nigeria alone. Do you see the conflict?

I am not sure I understand the point you are desperately trying to make or what specific law you are referring to; however, for sake of clarity you need to understand that countries and states make laws for the common good of their ppl, drawing from the collective norms and values of same, in order to protect individual as well as group rights, to check criminality and also shape moral behaviour.

Even within the most liberal of democracies such as the USA there are limits to personal freedom; for example you cannot take off all your clothes and walk down the streets naked because you feel like it; i.e. there will always be a point where your personal freedom will start encroaching on somebody else's rights.

The hoteliers in Kano were not abiding by any law but simply exercising their rights to manage their business in line with the norms of most of their clients in order to attract maximum patronage and therefore maximum profit.
You cannot therefore expect majority of them to compromise their standards simply to accommodate yours - there such a thing as, when in Rome do as the Romans do i.e. going with the flow.

BTW, American immigration laws are quite discriminatory - don't even bother going there; brace yourself should Donald Trump win the presidential race.

MarieSucre:

why "most"? Why not all?

There are always exceptions to any rule, I dare say even in Kano you will find such exceptions; in your case I will recommend most of the hotels in Sabon Gari run by southerners - you will find many oloshos there, who may even be ready to teach you a trick or two.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by itstpia8: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

And after all these 'wacked lives' in the name of the so called career pursuits they will end up going from one spiritualist to another searching for husband at the age of 40. That is why husband snatching is very rampant among them. Career women my foot.

Who?
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by itstpia8: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
Dat9jakid:
use your head bro, so because my sis is single, she cannot visit kano and lodge in a hotel to spend a night if she doesn't know anyone in kano ehh??

You might have a point, but if she doesnt know anyone in Kano perhaps she shouldnt lodge there overnight if advised against it.

However, the thread title or topic is probably referring to human trafficking, ie trafficking of females for whatever reason, although I could be wrong.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
nkemdi89:

What year was that and how old were you then and who made the booking, and what was the nature of your job and your visit, then the location and rating of the hotel N.B don't confused it for brothel.

We are discussing hotels here and not brothels. I was on field audit working as a full adult married female and made the bookings in mostly 3 star hotels like Tahir in Nassarawa.

My job then involved a lot of travelling and spending the nights in hotels across the country and even outside the country. All bills are paid by the company.

Maybe you are referring to a brothel but then, who will take his wife to a brothel?

Finally, I believe the issues are being over flogged.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
iyb:
If you are beautiful why not grin ibrahim at your service
cheesy cheesy
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

My point is that, even though our official language is English, the fact that some people can't speak it fluently or write it very well shouldn't be a reason to assume that they are worthless, and there is nothing embarrassing about it as long as you have been able to pass ur information across. Language is a medium of communication and even the natives of England and US are not as critical as Nigerians when it comes to the fluency of English or lack of it. We tend to glorify good English speakers and at the same time take pride in speaking our native languages poorly. I perceive inferiority complex. Also, did u say silly excuses? One's inability to prove a point and still holding onto his/her baseless views is what I termed silly. Well I am not that familiar with the use of vulgar languages.

Whether you nitpick the "silly excuses" or not, my point is made. Stop glorifying mediocrity in learning the lingua franca. It must not always be that it is competing with the local language. You should be encouraged to be proficient in it on its own without resorting to argumentums like "what about our local language".

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

It seems u have issues with comprehension. Where did he say it has been going on for a long time? He simply said there must be a reason for this development and before u condemn, find out why. Haba!

He says it has been going for a while in Kano. Read his original post I quoted or did you just jump to his defense without reading it. The WHY is already in the article and some comments. Its the WHY IT SHOULDN'T BE we're talking about now.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

I am not sure I understand the point you are desperately trying to make or what specific law you are referring to; however, for sake of clarity you need to understand that countries and states make laws for the common good of their ppl, drawing from the collective norms and values of same, in order to protect individual as well as group rights, to check criminality and also shape moral behaviour.

Even within the most liberal of democracies such as the USA there are limits to personal freedom; for example you cannot take off all your clothes and walk down the streets naked because you feel like it; i.e. there will always be a point where your personal freedom will start encroaching on somebody else's rights.

The hoteliers in Kano were not abiding by any law but simply exercising their rights to manage their business in line with the norms of most of their clients in order to attract maximum patronage and therefore maximum profit.
You cannot therefore expect majority of them to compromise their standards simply to accommodate yours - there such a thing as, when in Rome do as the Romans do i.e. going with the flow.

BTW, American immigration laws are quite discriminatory - don't even bother going there; brace yourself should Donald Trump win the presidential race.

There are always exceptions to any rule, I dare say even in Kano you will find such exceptions; in your case I will recommend most of the hotels in Sabon Gari run by southerners - you will find many oloshos there, who may even be ready to teach you a trick or two.

It's funny how you see that American immigration laws are quite discriminatory. But your hypocrisy will not allow you to see that it is the same excuse you and the fascists in America are using.

-Its their land and/or their culture so they will not allow muslims /blacks in to do anyhow.
-Its Hausa land and Islamic law, so we will not allow others e.g Southerners/Christians to flaunt our laws.

-They(The Americans) need to secure the culturally and racial cohesiveness of their country so if any Arab, Muslim or black does not like it then they can get out.
-We need to protect the morality of our society so if any outsider, namely southerner doesn't like it then they can get out.

-They single out the black or Muslim coz they believe they're all crooks or terrorists. Disregarding those who are not and stamping on their collective rights.
-Kano singles out unaccompanied-single women coz they believe they're are all prostitutes. Disregarding those who are not and stamping on their collective rights.

Please "taking off clothes" is just false equivalency. What you should be comparing it to here is wearing the niqab because that poses a tangible security threat which can affect the enterprise than exhibitionists running around naked.

Nobody is stopping them from exercising their rights to be sexists, misogynistic rag heads, but it becomes an issue when those rights become an inconvenience to a certain segment of the society.

[/quote] in your case I will recommend most of the hotels in Sabon Gari run by southerners - you will find many oloshos there, who may even be ready to teach you a trick or two. [/quote]

Could you pls elaborate on this? Are you by any chance calling me a proostiitute?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by MarieSucre(f): 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
mukhtara446:
if a lady commit adultery it's on her head not anyone no one share your sin with you and no one is making life difficult for women its your hotel your rule if you said couple are not allowed in your hotel i believed no one has right to question you and i see nothing wrong in if you see a man and woman want to check-in hotel to asked the man if he swear its his wife caused you dont want sin to committed in your hotel if she is alone no one will asked her that question

I don't think you read the article at all. The article says if she is with a man, the man will he asked to sign her in as his wife(that is if they're married o). If she is single they will not even bother to check her in. So what are you saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.