Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know (15284 Views)

Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / APGA Recorded Victory In FCT Council Poll / Results From FCT Council Election Indicate PDP In Clear Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by metronaija: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2016
Today, April 9, 2016 is the FCT council elections.

Here are 5 things you should know about the election:

1. 13 Political parties are participating - Accord, Action Alliance, Advanced Congress of Democrats, All Progressives Grand Alliance, Citizens Popular Party, Democratic Peoples Congress, Democratic Peoples Party, Mega Progressive Peoples Party, All Progressives Congress, Progressive Peoples Alliance, Social Democratic Party, Peoples Democratic Party and United Progressive Party.

2. The election is taking place in six Areas Councils of the Federal Capital Territory.

3. There are 30 chairmanship candidates

4. Winners of today’s poll will be sworn in on May 17 when the tenures of the current chairmen ends.

5. There are 1,020,799 registered voters.

6. INEC has deployed 9,933 permanent and ad hoc staff for today’s polls. The staff consist of 9,375 Presiding Officers, 62 Supervising Presiding Officers (SPOs), 62 Collation Officers (CO), and six Returning Officers (RO) with 428 Reserves.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/things-you-should-know-about-todays-fct.html

1 Like

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 09, 2016
Nice Report:....

F..T..C
DEDICATED TO.....

All the security Agencies that will help ensure a successful and peaceful election in the federal capital this day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by DonEffiong(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
council polls again? ooooo

1 Like

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Integrityfarms(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Let the results start tripping in by tonight as we pray for zero causality!

2 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Jediel1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
We don hear Nxt
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
E b like say Op na contest..
Anyways serious rain dey fall now as I write for AMAC,hope say it will end without any fisticuffs.
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by moyinoluwabun(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Election going on as well at Ife central of Osun state

4 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by soukroy(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Guess d rain will make some of d voters wet

4 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by philtex(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Will theY sell fuel
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by BE811APP: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
intresting!
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by onunwa21(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Another inconclusive election loading tongue

5 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by omobs(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
heavy rain in jikwoyi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
'Apc' no dae contest? abi dem dae fear say pesin no go vote 4 dem? grin Perfectdanny Sha

1 Like

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by ayindejimmy(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Election is ongoing in Abuja and Nigerians are not aware if it were the South south news of violence would have been filtering in a week ago .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by joelobi: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
I'm participating as an adhoc staff... d rain don scam tins sha. added to slow pace at which people were turning up. its highly organised n peaceful I can attest
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Zakkyoz: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
omobs:
heavy rain in jikwoyi...up PDP...

quote me n run mad

i have quoted you and still sane. shame on you!

4 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by crackhouse(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
ok
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by T4taiwo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Alrt
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by jibbish(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Reporting from Ushafa, the rain has scattered everything. Meanwhile they were busy sharing 1k this morning before going to vote. No party, I repeat, No party is a saint
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Jombojombo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
PDP all the way

2 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Jombojombo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
jibbish:
Reporting from Ushafa, the rain has scattered everything. Meanwhile they were busy sharing 1k this morning before going to vote. No party, I repeat, No party is a saint

Name the party na, why ar u afraid?
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by oloriooko(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Useless council executives good for nothing other than embezzle money and acquire lands in fct, one cannot point to one singular developmental project completed by these eediots

Saw the apc campaign train in lugbe distributing cash to people without fear and their slogan is change angry

3 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by adanny01(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
My secondary school mate is a candidate in Bwari, i am praying for him.
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by mysteriousman(m): 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thank You God for today's rain. Back to the matter, how effective have this councils been

1 Like

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by bdemix(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
Is raining here in Gwagwalada
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by ndcide(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jombojombo:

Name the party na, why ar u afraid?

When people try to tell you no party is a saints, you should know they are trying to be economical with the truth. It means the "saints" have derailed.

Or you think some people find it difficult to call pdp thieves?

3 Likes

Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by samuel051: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
Raining in kuje road, abeg make una beg abu giri make he pay copers jan to april b4 dem pass out from gwags area council
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by lonelydora: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
I'm here to get updates
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by rectitude(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
For once, i thought the council elections in fct will be concluded today, but with the rains still pouring down its likely to continue tomorrow.
Re: Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
what is the job of FTC council again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afakirya Gadzama Appointed Chairman Governing Board NISS / Buhari in closed-Door meeting with North-East Governors, Service Chiefs / Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.