Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria (34622 Views)

Major PDP Financier Arthur Eze Visits Buhari / Boko Haram Suspected To Have Shot Down Nigerian Air force Jet In Niger / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri, Boko Haram Suspected. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by sosisi(f): 2:12am On Aug 02, 2009
How do those soldiers sleep at night after gunning people down in cold blood like this.
This is why I refused my army suitor
as nice as he was to me but ma dear,a man that carries a gun and is trained to kill cannot be my lover
Tufia!
How can a woman feed and  lay in bed with a husband that just killed 300 men a few hours prior.
I no fit.
The man may kill me when we get into an argument especially some of us wey get mouth lipsrsealed
I for don die since grin
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by rite2salas(m): 2:43am On Aug 02, 2009
na wa for these ppl oh angry
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by marylinda1(f): 3:08am On Aug 02, 2009
ur vast knwldge on this topic is wao! Do u mind being my fwend?
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 3:09am On Aug 02, 2009
cop killers all over the world usually get this kind of treatment.  

The boko haram guys sealed their fate when they attacked the nigerian police force.  

remember odi village and how the army took no captives?
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by marylinda1(f): 3:14am On Aug 02, 2009
o girl if u knw u cnt stand such a man den do nt marry a military man cos if u do den u aint got choice.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mikeoscar: 5:43am On Aug 02, 2009
I have followed several argument for and against the Killing of Boko Haram leader and the supposed sponsor. While I agree that  our reaction may be based on personal experiences, Personal conviction, academic position, political persuasions etc . I don't think most of us are really feeling the pulse of those caught in the very heat of the crisis and those who may have lost some police, military or civilian relative (working for government or caught in the cross-fire) when those Boko Haramites decided to draw first blood. Read the post from Xvalier again and a few post from others and you will know that it was a real traumatic moment for those who saw the battles first hand in all the states involved.

Agreed I don't support  anybody killed in any situation(if that were possible) but my guy  Nex, Richyblack and a few supporters of legal/fair  justice, in this situation you need to understand the rules of engagement. You don't go after state police or military anywhere in the world with the sole aim of killing and whipping them out and be talking about disproportionate force or ideal jurisprudence. This is where I also pitch with SOME views expressed by Lonewolf and a few others. If you also read carefully, you will understand that the Police especially have suffered a few casualties in the course of Yusuf's men launching an attack and in the course of reprisals by the police who were acting under law to defend people, property and re-establish law and order. There's bond to be some burst of emotion also if you look around as a military or para-military officer and your colleague of many years has been cut down by Islamic militants and you get the chance to fight for him you might do same. Plus if the police had been on the defensive or responded with kid gloves as has been the case when they got spot-on intelligence and didn't re-act by arresting or closing them down then some of us will still be blaming them.

Let's also remember that we are a circular state. The issue here is that some bunch want us to all go back to travelling bare-footed from Ondo state to Maiduguri or kano to trade cocoa for peanuts or to row canoe from Nembe to Protharcourt water-side to trade fish for okrika(hand me down garments). Plustrying to impose Sharia across 36 states. We are still a very fragile nation with all its attendant problem and more recently the problems from 1999 till date. Government cannot continue to play ostrich or political correctness now, the burden of governance sometimes is not something some of us can imagine. Let's thank God and pray that militants, extremists, kidnappers and all other forms of armed criminals will learn from this decisive re-action from Goverment. May be there won't really be any backlash like some have suggested even if that happens the approach will certainly be different and I don't suppose the military and police will go back to rest after all the loss of personnel and equipment and pressure from those who are quick to criticise them for not acting in time and for not playing by human rights yard-stick.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2009
Mike Oscar has summarized the situation eloquently, but for those who don't feel like reading his entire post, here is a synopsis.

An organized gang of bloodthirsty fundamentalist madmen decided to wage WAR against the Nigerian state and its armed forces.  During the chaos of any war, the arrayed forces on BOTH SIDES do not always have the facilities to SAFELY and SECURELY imprison captured combatants, to prevent those prisoners from being freed by their comrades in arms, to resume fighting.

Consequently, enemy fighters are often shot dead instantly after capture, so as to protect the rear flanks of the defending force from the danger posed by escaped prisoners.  In short, once a shooting war has erupted, ALL the niceties and formalities of civilian or democratic due process, INCLUDING THE GENEVA CONVENTION, are set aside and replaced with primal slaughter and summary justice.  That, in a nutshell is what transpired a few days ago in northern Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Connoisseur(m): 6:25am On Aug 02, 2009
He was executed, so what? How many of his disciples died believing in his ideologies. That 1 alone justified his death. The NPF & NA saved us a whole lot of time & resources.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by jamace(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2009
See argument for and against the killing of the BOKO HARAM leaders and the followers. Everybody has got a point. However, I make bold to state that I strongly support the actions of the govt soldiers and policemen.

Any group whether BOKO HARAM, MEND, MASSOP and any other yet unborn that has the guts to arm itself and  kill innocent citizens, including  the military and paramilitary  personnel should be treated with equal treatment on the spot if arrested. Could you believe that these bastards had the effrontery to attack police stations in military fashion? There is no country in the world, no matter how they respect the application of the  rule of law that would wait to try such rebels in a court, rebels who have  declared open defiance to constituted authorities to the extent of openly killing innocent citizens and security personnel.

Those, on this Forum who are crying foul and agaitating for rule of law for those vagabonds are talking from classroom experience. I don't blame them. I thank the govt for the practical and pragmatic approach to the issue.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2009
Kill them all, Thats wat they asked for smiley they are terrorist, merciless and they live life like they have nothing to loose, We have enough to loose, They should be dreaded, lord luggard's mistake has caused us enough.

So pls, Dont condemn their execution, Cos if they caught you, If fact they better not. All educated peeps are sin to them. Their strategy was to attack the state's defense then head 65km out of bauchi town to kill young graduates in camp. I have my brother over their, you dont understand, Why didnt they strike their universities to make that point or start killin the brothers who earlier adviced them to go to school, No. if they had won with the police, It'll be the NYSC, then more police and NYSC's then if they had thier fill they might just turn it to muslims and christians.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2009
To all those gleaming with joy about the cold-blooded murder of innocent civilians by the NPF and NA, let's see how things play out in the very near future.

May the souls of the murdered rest in peace.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by nex(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2009
I think going through this thread, it is clear that majority supports execution of suspects without trial.

I think we should all write to the senate so they can include it in their constitutional review.

Nobody is supporting Boko Haram here, nobody is asking the police to bring those men back to life. What we're saying is that Nigerians should condemn this act or else the police will see this as a licence to execute suspects on a regular basis publicly. We all know they execute innocent people in their custody but that has always been hidden and denied by them. Now that they've tried it in the public glare, let's not embolden them with our support.

There are several people who have been arrested for treason in this country. Are you people saying they should've been killed straightway?

I am saying this for the future of Nigeria, not for some Boko Haram leaders that have already been killed in the past.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2009
There are several people who have been arrested for treason in this country. Are you people saying they should've been killed straightway?

people cheering this precedent had better hope ralph uwazirike( that massob guy) is not also arrested anytime in the near future.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by soloqy: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2009
@RichyBlack

Like someone already said, Keep eating your biscuit in some far away place and be typing your sentimental nonsense.

We know the real reason you are concerned. Those other criminals causing mayhem in other parts of the nation(Who you support), will face it next time they attack the millitary.

If you lost any one at the hands of the Haram monsters, you will probably not be typing the jargon. And so goes to the rest of you.

Lets hope you recieve the news of your relatives or loved ones killed by some remaining members of the jihadists and lets see the stomach you would use to come over here to type your bull crap.

Majority of you stay away in some far away place and type things you know virtualy nothing about.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by chukz4real(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2009
If person no get wetin im go talk, y im no go silent dey watch eh? Make dem kill dem jo! Thank God sey no b Tom Polo, no b Asari Dokubo, and no b Niger Delta. Take dem to court go do wetin? Clifford Orji wey eat human bein so tey im almost reduce the population of Lagos, shebi una carry am go court, how d case take end eh?

I dey Zaria 2000/2001 wey Sharia crisis happen and wetin I take my eyes see eh, my mouth no go fit talk am. Thank God sey the commission of police for d Northern States dem now don b Southerners so dem go fit protect southerners dere too. In those days na dsame Muslims/Northerners dem dey b Oga for both Police and Army barracks for there. Any crisis u go wonder sey Almajiri go get Army and Police ID card, uniform and better riffle, how come, I no knw.

Abeg, life for north sef don tire me jare! Any small thing wey happen for outside world, Hausa/Fulani muslims go carry am for head like sey na dem holy pass. Dem carricature Mohammed for Holland, na Kaduna dem take settle am. Miss world one shelle for Abuja, na Kaduna dem burn houses kill dem mama dem papa. America and Talibans go fight Afganistan and Irag na Bauchi and Kano Christians and southern muslims go die. Sudan muslims fight with UN troupes, na Maiduguri dem go kill southern pregnant woman.

Infact, make dem even burn all the mosques wey dey dere sef make we rest, haba!
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2009
If the northerner with Yaradua as the president can slaughter their own people without regard to human life, what would they not do to other people?
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2009
How can Yaradua approve the senseless execution of his own people, or who is responsible for this carnage. Who is really in charge in Nigeria. who can be held responsible?
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by nex(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2009
Bilymuse

it is only a president like Yar'Adua that this will happen under his government without any ethnic strife because they can't accuse him of bias against his own people. If OBJ run this kain parade against Islamists, na sai gobe O!

In short, I believe if any president can ban Sharia, It's going to be one from among the Sharia states.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2009
Northerners have no sense of human feelings.

Southerners living in the muslim north are better advised to relocate to south, the continuous spilling of innocent blood like a recurring decimal will certainly continue into the future.

southerners should leave now
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2009
I haven't seen any prominent northerner who has categorically condemned this senseless killings and execution. All condemnation are coming from southerners who are calling for inquiry. How can the security agents gun down more than 700 hundred people without their closest relatives raising a voice. This northern elites and political class are truly animals, devoid of feelings
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by okunoba(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2009
In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

If u don`t speak up against state brutality, just remember it might be u or family next time.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Kay17: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2009
But we must make a solid stand that who do not tolerate these extremists, and consider how deeply entrenched these guys are in the country and potential damage they can inflict.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mccloud224(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2009
With the way things are going in this country, i wonder what will become of the next presidential elections.Seriously, it's food for thought.Talking about the Boko Haram sect, they are nothing but a bunch of thugs masquerading under the guise of religion.There are also reports that they were influential in installing Isa Yuguda into power and i know they were instrumental in the pressuring for sharia law (which is more of a biased political move rather than religious.If it was for religion, then every governor,senator,reps member,L.G.A chairman and councilor in the northern region should have both hands and feet cut off because they are all thieves).

Further more on Boko haram, they claim they are against anything "western".If this is true, then why do they use the following :

(1)Cell phones (western technology)
(2)They don't eat Maggi/artificial seasoning but they eat iodized salt (western technology)
(3)They watch TV and listen to the radio (western technology)
(4)The guns,potassium nitrate and detonators used to make bombs (western technology)
(5)Why do they use bottles instead of clay pots to make the bombs? (western technology)
(6)The story building the leader lived in is made of brick,cement and roofing sheets (western technology)
(7)They ride jeeps,cars and motorcycles (western technology)

With the few pointers above indicate an epic tale of hypocrisy at it's best.Nonetheless,i do not welcome the grand style execution of the suspects.There is something fishy about it.Boko haram has been around for years.They are the law unto themselves and before this current mayhem started, they had been reports of their excesses which were reported to the proper authorities.What happened?Little or nothing was done.Why?They have backing from high places.It's not news that Isa Yuguda is a key supporter of these "Taliban militants A.K.A political thugs under Islam".Also Isa Yuguda is an in law to President Yar Adua.Put two and two together and the mystery of these Boko haram leaders is solved.They are being silenced.There is no mystery to it all.

Again, all these events make me believe the description of the average black man by lord Luggard. I am a black man and I'm not being racist or ethnic here but take a moment and think about it.Anywhere you find whites/Asians, there is always prosperity (I MEAN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, EVEN AFRICA) but anywhere you find blacks, there is always chaos,mayhem,all sorts of violence,poverty,corruption and total breakdown of civility.Once again, i am not being racist coz I'm a black Nigerian myself but sometimes in life, if you have to maturity to look inward at yourself and examine the flaws, you will be able to see where to make adjustments.

Take Zimbabwe for example.Years after they drove out the whites, things moved from bad to worse for them.Inflation rose to an all time high,food is now worth more than gold over there.Of recent, Mugabe has been making moves to bring the whites back.What does that tell you?Blacks are a total failure (please forgive my harsh utterances).What positive development has come out of Africa in the last 1000 years?Nothing.Absolutely nothing.The most blessed and richest countries in the black contingent are the poorest.They are either being riddled with corrupt leaders or complete broken down with war/violence (Sierra Leone is a good example).Nigeria has been "independent" for approx 50 years.Some advocates will come on here and say "it takes time" OR "Rome wasn't built in a day".And you wonder, in the last 50 years, what significant changes have come to us apart from G.S.M of which we bought the Sim cards at ridiculous prices?Some will say it's the leaders but i beg to differ.Its not them.It's US.We have a problem.The average black man only thinks about what he can eat today.He doesn't think or care about what his community can benefit from his hard work in the next 100 years.It always amazes me how to people can debate heavily on how "righteous" the likes of IBB,OBJ,Abacha and M.K.O Abiola were.Of recent, Ghana has taken on the status as the most positive country in Africa.Also, oil has recently been discovered there and from the surveys of oil and gas experts, they are expecting to earn a minimum of $20 billion in the first year.Well, time will tell how prudent they will be when the heavy dollars start rolling in.Time has proved it again and again that Africans go down hill when high yielding resources are discovered.I hope Ghana shows the world that we are different or rather, that i am wrong about us.

Please note that the very few blacks that have proved to be different and more positive minded are the ones that totally embraced the west or rather they were more or less "white" themselves e.g Obama.I'm not talking about the ones that have trillions of dollars in offshore accounts.

Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mccloud224(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2009
With the way things are going in this country, i wonder what will become of the next presidential elections.Seriously, it's food for thought.Talking about the Boko Haram sect, they are nothing but a bunch of thugs masquerading under the guise of religion.There are also reports that they were influential in installing Isa Yuguda into power and i know they were instrumental in the pressuring for sharia law (which is more of a biased political move rather than religious.If it was for religion, then every governor,senator,reps member,L.G.A chairman and councilor in the northern region should have both hands and feet cut off because they are all thieves).

Further more on Boko haram, they claim they are against anything "western".If this is true, then why do they use the following :

(2)They don't eat Maggi/artificial seasoning but they eat iodized salt (western technology)
(4)The guns,potassium nitrate and detonators used to make bombs (western technology)
(5)Why do they use bottles instead of clay pots to make the bombs? (western technology)
(6)The story building the leader lived in is made of brick,cement and roofing sheets (western technology)

With the few pointers above indicate an epic tale of hypocrisy at it's best.Nonetheless,i do not welcome the grand style execution of the suspects.There is something fishy about it.Boko haram has been around for years.They are the law unto themselves and before this current mayhem started, they had been reports of their excesses which were reported to the proper authorities.What happened?Little or nothing was done.Why?They have backing from high places.It's not news that Isa Yuguda is a key supporter of these "Taliban militants A.K.A political thugs under Islam".Also Isa Yuguda is an in law to President Yar Adua.Put two and two together and the mystery of these Boko haram leaders is solved.They are being silenced.There is no mystery to it all.

Again, all these events make me believe the description of the average black man by lord Luggard. I am a black man and I'm not being racist or ethnic here but take a moment and think about it.Anywhere you find whites/Asians, there is always prosperity (I MEAN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, EVEN AFRICA) but anywhere you find blacks, there is always chaos,mayhem,all sorts of violence,poverty,corruption and total breakdown of civility.Once again, i am not being racist coz I'm a black Nigerian myself but sometimes in life, if you have to maturity to look inward at yourself and examine the flaws, you will be able to see where to make adjustments.

Take Zimbabwe for example.Years after they drove out the whites, things moved from bad to worse for them.Inflation rose to an all time high,food is now worth more than gold over there.Of recent, Mugabe has been making moves to bring the whites back.What does that tell you?Blacks are a total failure (please forgive my harsh utterances).What positive development has come out of Africa in the last 1000 years?Nothing.Absolutely nothing.The most blessed and richest countries in the black contingent are the poorest.They are either being riddled with corrupt leaders or complete broken down with war/violence (Sierra Leone is a good example).Nigeria has been "independent" for approx 50 years.Some advocates will come on here and say "it takes time" OR "Rome wasn't built in a day".And you wonder, in the last 50 years, what significant changes have come to us apart from G.S.M of which we bought the Sim cards at ridiculous prices?Some will say it's the leaders but i beg to differ.Its not them.It's US.We have a problem.The average black man only thinks about what he can eat today.He doesn't think or care about what his community can benefit from his hard work in the next 100 years.It always amazes me how to people can debate heavily on how "righteous" the likes of IBB,OBJ,Abacha and M.K.O Abiola were.Of recent, Ghana has taken on the status as the most positive country in Africa.Also, oil has recently been discovered there and from the surveys of oil and gas experts, they are expecting to earn a minimum of $20 billion in the first year.Well, time will tell how prudent they will be when the heavy dollars start rolling in.Time has proved it again and again that Africans go down hill when high yielding resources are discovered.I hope Ghana shows the world that we are different or rather, that i am wrong about us.

Please note that the very few blacks that have proved to be different and more positive minded are the ones that totally embraced the west or rather they were more or less "white" themselves e.g Obama.I'm not talking about the ones that have trillions of dollars in offshore accounts.

Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
we arrested a man for terrorism and then went ahead to terrorise him in State detention and folks have the audacity to justify this on the internet.

As it stands now, all of us on behalf of who this criminal act has been pepertrated are no better than Yusuf so long as we continue to glorify state terrorism. Those who killed this guy possibly do not want him to testify in court and that is what we should be investigating, not celebrating this babarism.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mccloud224(m): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2009

Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mccloud224(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2009

Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by mccloud224(m): 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2009
@Topic

Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by lonewolf: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2009
All these people just dey preach.

Instead of you lot to be thankful that there's now sanity in the country, you are moaning because a savage was treated like a savage. I, along with many others, have articulated a pragmatic basis for the execution of these wanna-be Taliban idiots but you lot are still looking for rule of law. When Islamic Jihadist killers burst into your house with a machete in one hand and a Kalashnikov in the other, and demand you renounce your girlfriend, na that time you go hear word.

How the f-- do you think a large swath of Yorubas are Muslim today? Because Osman Dan Fodio was a jihadist nutjob, that's why.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
When the blind lead the blind,,,,, ,,,,,,,,
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Subaru: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
Most of you that are condeming the killing of Yusuf by the NPF/NA have never lived in the north cos if you have you will know that people like him are better of dead. Inshort if i have my way i will even execute those still in detention.
Re: Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria by Beaf: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2009
Subaru:

Most of you that are condeming the killing of Yusuf by the NPF/NA have never lived in the north cos if you have you will know that people like him are better of dead. Inshort if i have my way i will even execute those still in detention.

Obviously you haven't heard about the hero worship of "matyrs".
They've been snuffing out, killing, executing them in Afghanistan for years now. . . Still they pop up through societal cracks and crevices, buoyed by matyrdom tales.

The importance of investigating the roots of a crime as serious as that perpetrated by Boko Haram cannot be stressed, but the prime suspect is dead and all trails now lead nowhere. Clever?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa Audio: Kill All Igbos In North From October 1. Don't Touch Yorubas - Deji / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court For His Trial / Peter Obi Visits Paul University, Donates N10m (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.