Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,924 members, 7,956,470 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (3497 Views)

6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
chaircover: im on his side cool

Ahhhhhhh just like that?
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12: Ok ma grin grin

But if I change my mind on the Boy thingy ,..,, they will have no other choice but to bear hyphenated last names too( when married)... At least if that'll be the only favor I will ever ask from them.

So what happens if you kids' spouses insist on same?! People are just going to think your grandkids are Sri-Lankan on account of their surname grin
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
naijababe:

So what happens if you kids' spouses insist on same?! People are just going to think your grandkids are Sri-Lankan on account of their surname grin

cheesy cheesy now I feel old already.
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12:

cheesy cheesy now I feel old already.

That's not the point madam.

One your grandkids could be called Jason Akinwale Aladejobi Okungbade and the last 3 names would be his surname alone.
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
naijababe:

That's not the point madam.

One your grandkids could be called Jason Akinwale Aladejobi Okungbade and the last 3 names would be his surname alone.

I said 'I feel old' cos you're talking bout grand kids.

You don't understand, I only care about my Kids last names Jason Akinwale-Aladejobi ( Akinwale the maiden name& Aladejobi the married name) , just like my Dad don't give a hoot what my Kids last names are.

The Okungbades can do whatever! I doubt any son in law would want maternal last name with their kids names undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
baby_123: I dont blame them honestly. Some dumb female children can go and hand over their father's properties to opportunists and fraudsters who end up squandering what they did not work hard for, or giving it out to other women and their numerous illegitimate children. Such a parent may wake up from the grave and start fighting. LMAO. But male children can equally be a disaster, however, there is some security that the family business and property and name will live on and will be in hands that hopefully will appreciate it. Also, other children will be able to benefit from the profits and will get something over their life time, if well handled. As a husband may demand total focus on his family from his wife. [b]Instead of dealing with family businesses, work and her own family. I[/b]ts all complicated. Each child in regards to gender has the role they play.

Just saw this kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
^ Okay.
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by damiso(f): 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
I guess its nice to have one of each gender but i and hubby wanted just two kids so it really would not have mattered what gender they were.To me its who and what kids turn out to be that really matters.You certainly dont want your family name being remembered for certain things eg Osama Bin Laden was a boy child lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
God forbid oh Damiso... So if you're a medical doctor who owns a professional building with different fields in Medicine and you as the Chief. And your kids aren't interested in medicine, what would you do?

Honest please? Let it out . Btw where have you been?
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 02, 2013
jidegirl12: God forbid oh Damiso... So if you're a medical doctor who owns a professional building with different fields in Medicine and you as the Chief. And your kids aren't interested in medicine, what would you do?

Sell it now! What else can you possibly do?
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 02, 2013
Wow babè you're cold!

May God help us all Amen.
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 02, 2013
jidegirl12: Wow babè you're cold!

May God help us all Amen.

Not cold just a realist wink
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by damiso(f): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
jidegirl12: God forbid oh Damiso... So if you're a medical doctor who owns a professional building with different fields in Medicine and you as the Chief. And your kids aren't interested in medicine, what would you do?

Sis just been so busy of late,adult education things grin.I need a clone of myself but as greatgod will say may God help us all.As to your question i would go with naijababe ,sell it naaa must my kids not build their own dreams ni?Their dreams and aspirations i would encourage but its not a must it must tie into mine.Besides it might even the girl who would tow the medical line and not the boy sef.

I personally think the whole having boys and children to carry on legacies is soo overrated.I dont think we hear much of Rockeffeller,Paul Getty etc kids like we hear of Bill Gates today.Not saying they are still not wealthy but not as well known.Make ur own mark if you want ur name to live on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by baby124: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2013

Create a board or trust and put them all on it when they are above 30 and have made something of themselves in their own right. So they can all make joint decisions in the interest of the growth and profit of the business. This way, they can make decisions on the administration, get their share of the profits and still go about their daily lives. I prefer this way actually when a family owns big businesses. Putting it in one child's hands is usually dangerous. But when all of them have control, things are more sane. With the male vs female issue, i think most parents are scared that some guy from no where will just take advantage of their daughter. Especially in Nigeria, where they encourage female children to be submissive and hand over all their assets to the husband. smh. With me sha, e no fit happen. Everything i own will go to my daughters and their daughters, they are not allowed to sell or transfer title. That will be my will.
Re: Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks Dami( nice to see you again, Lord is your strength sis smiley)

Baby , thanks ... kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To attend His Village's Mmanwu(masquerade) Festival? / Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? / My Family Is Tearing Apart Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.