Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (24906 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Sunymoore(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
muller101:
Easiest way. When u approach a slope switch off the ignition come out and push. When u reach any hill. Carry the vehicle on ur head.
No, when in on slope, it is advisable to engage to lower gear, so that engine braking will keep you firm
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by krysTein(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
I noticed dat wen I turn of d ignition of my car in heavy traffics d amount of fuel that moved out wen I put on de engine again is usually much
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by NigerianScholar: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
What of reducing the weight of your car. Some people love to put some heavy nonesense in deir cars
chucksbadt:
1. For manual transmission, while driving ensure to leave gear 1 and 2 as soon as possible, the other gears save fuel much better.

2. There is really no need for air conditioner at the moment, you can survive without it. Wind all your 4 windows down, Natural breeze go enta. Economy hard!

3. Endeavor to switch off the engine during heavy traffic.

4. Consider trekking at times
You own a car doesn't mean you drive it everywhere, set your priorities right!. Stuffs like going to pick up chick's, or cruising around town should be put on hold.

5. All v6/v8 cars should be parked for now. I believe anyone who has a v6/v8 car should also have a small car parked somewhere. Use that one instead.

Abeg driver's in the house, feel free to add yours.

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Babaji111(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Also indiscriminate hard pressing of gas pedal before changing gears and over-speeding consume fuel. Drive casually and at moderate speed.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by miqos02(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Elisean:
Use gas instead, it's far better,it's commodity is never scarce. some people use both PMS and the gas to augment the use.
how?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by airsaylongcon: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
femi4:
Perhaps you can start by informing me when they did when Jona was in power. Except you want to tell me that Jobs era didn't witness fuel scarcity

I don't need to inform you if there was a street action in Jona time. But you all consistently agree that his administration was bad and he is still the yardstick of measuring your success? APC! CHAINS!
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by airsaylongcon: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
miqos02:
how?

CNG, compressed natural gas. Sold at oshodi
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by huntax(m): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
chucksbadt:
1. For manual transmission, while driving ensure to leave gear 1 and 2 as soon as possible, the other gears save fuel much better.

2. There is really no need for air conditioner at the moment, you can survive without it. Wind all your 4 windows down, Natural breeze go enta. Economy hard!

You own a car doesn't mean you drive it everywhere, set your priorities right!. Stuffs like going to pick up chick's, or cruising around town should be put on hold.

5. All v6/v8 cars should be parked for now. I believe anyone who has a v6/v8 car should also have a small car parked somewhere. Use that one instead.

Automatic car drivers,do not step too hard on the gas while at gear 1 trying to force it into gear 2 quickly. Step on the gas slowly till it automatically changes gear. Same goes alternatively for gear 2 and 3
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by femi4: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I don't need to inform you if there was a street action in Jona time. But you all consistently agree that his administration was bad and he is still the yardstick of measuring your success? APC! CHAINS!
Then your argument hold no water.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by fatiuabdulmalik: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
and what about those who ride automatic transmission gear?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by huntax(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Park in the shade, rather than in the sun.
For okada riders
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by seaga: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Mercyhosas:
See wetin Buhari dey cause

Any small thing,it's buhari.....if one can't conceive it's buhari .Come off it
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by huntax(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
ikiller:
Air condition no dey chop fuel
Lol who told you? You clearly don't own a car.
When you turn on you Ac,the engine feels "heavier"... You'd have to step harder on the gas to move you car forward,thus, burning more petrol.

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by GLOBALINF: 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
tunwumi:
Tell me how to economise fuel in my gen set. That of car is by trekking
It's simple na!!!
Just add water and salt to the fuel. U can even fill it up! grin grin grin
If it's not working just light a matches, ur gen can last forever grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
huntax:

For okada riders

Also for car drivers too....fuel evaporates in the hot sun.

https://consumerist.com/2010/10/04/park-in-the-shade-and-save-gas/
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Horlufemi(m): 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
Do not repark for anybody.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Teenaira: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
Don't use your car at all. You are sure of saving 99.99 % of the fuel.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by airsaylongcon: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
femi4:
Then your argument hold no water.

You remind of the ostrich
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by InvertedHammer: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
chucksbadt:

/
Other than Lagos, most cities in Nigeria are too small to notice any significant fuel consumption by V6/V8 vehicles. If it is a long distance travel, then i can understand. Take the eastern cities for example, driving around from point A to point B for most people is usually within a five miles radius. If fuel consumption is of great concern in this case, one should not buy any car.
\
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by ndkay: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
For manual guys, turn down ur cabourator settings. If possible lower the 'highness' of ur engine.

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by zikston: 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=JonSnow post=44555697]How about you oily hypocrites take to the streets and stage a protest similar to the one staged during Jonathan's regime.

This country will NEVER move forward. If you've got your means, leave this cesspit and don't come back.

On judgement day, I'd just hold a nigerian flag to show God and his angels that I've been to hell already

Hahaha
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
ndkay:
For manual guys, turn down ur cabourator settings. If possible lower the 'highness' of ur engine.

Care to explain this sir?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
with the glass down, your fuel burns faster too. while on speed, the movement of air in the car in relation to the opposite direction of the car's movement will require more power. more power equals more energy.

Read more on equilibrium.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by r2beez(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
sodique20:
Off your car engine whenever there is free

grin
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Baboo13(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
sodique20:
Off your car engine whenever there is free

'Whenever there is free' ki won kan ma pana lori free hahaahhaha
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by vickylala239: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Make sure your radio and cd player are off....

All head light off even at night....

No too much of break,Cuz break light consume fuel...

Rather than head light use rechargeable light..

No horn.. rather buy whistle.. is cheaper..

Finally like this goat for no reason..

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Oghumu1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Siena:

Switching your engine off, and freewheeling down a slope is downright dangerous. Not advisable under ANY circumstance.
But with your brake u can control it, well I don't know it's effect, my tutor taught me how to use it anyway
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Oghumu1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
vickylala239:
Make sure your radio and cd player are off....

All head light off even at night....

No too much of break,Cuz break light consume fuel...

Rather than head light use rechargeable light..

No horn.. rather buy whistle.. is cheaper..

Finally like this goat for no reason..
Lol u wan cause accident?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by xcuggsm(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
When you buy 5 liters of fuel in a Jerry can do the following before pouring it into your vehicle's fuel tank and you will be amazed how your fuel consumption will reduce by a factor of 5;
1) Place the Jerry can on a stool at the East corner of your room
2) Get a new broom.
3) Stand completely naked facing the Jerry can and proceed as follows:
a) strike the Jerry can with the broom 5 times and chant "sai Buhari" each time the broom makes contact with the Jerry can
b) place the broom on the floor and stand on it. Jump up and down 5 times, each time chanting "change change change"
c) Go into the bathroom and collect a fresh drop of your urine which you now mix with the fuel.
d) Now standing on the broom in front of the Jerry can containing the 5 liters of fuel. Close ur eyes and carry out this barbarous invocation:
"Abrabra Dada dada deziani escatacata lkaficasalibor el deziani el deziani el deziani (5 times)

Let this fuel increase by a factor of 5. I so decree by the power of Arch Angel Bubu that sitted on the throne., on the left side of Lord Petrocusus dudendum ministerum. Amen.

You must do this with the deepest conviction believing so to be true.

Cover the Jerry can of fuel with a black cloth all night.

In the morning proceed to pour it into your vehicle's fuel tank and you will be amazed at the quantity of fuel that will flow out of the Jerry can.

This is no joke!
IT ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

So be it.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by jibbzion(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
Please re-emphasize the need to only turn off the engine during "heavy traffic". Trying that on low traffic or little holdups will set you playing with fire.....or in this case, playing with you fuel. smiley
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Eronmosele(m): 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
advantage of manual transmission! No off engine kpa kpa O! steering go lock and na accident dey wait!
soldierdollar:
While descending a hill , disengage the gear
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by gragraboy: 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cyojunior:
Is It Because It Is Buhari? I marvel at the way and manner
we think in this country, worst of it the way they think in the
north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually
lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, people
referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and
nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power
of the media that brought them to power they want to
castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in
an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York,
why, Is it because it is Buhari? We demonstrated against
pump price increment for petrol, government of president
Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few
months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see
nothing wrong with that, Is it because it is Buhari? When
three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the
Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the
jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are
killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's
nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it
genocide by the Buharian army, Is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were
termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify
oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also
thought so, six months later the same Buhari is paying for
subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, Is it because it
is Buhari? We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in
the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance,
only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2
billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other
Presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit
down and watch helplessly, Is it because it Buhari? Fuel
scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock
bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are
dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we
are asked not to query them, Is it because it is Buhari? If we
criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize
Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoists
see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria
and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a
Northerner. We Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet
of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect
our country to remain one and grow. Yes! we might be of
different orientation and background but what is good is
good anywhere any time and what is bad is bad. I cannot be
suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the
President.
This guy is very bitter grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle / Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.