Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (24903 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
Oghumu1:

But with your brake u can control it, well I don't know it's effect, my tutor taught me how to use it anyway

Your tutor may well have taught you that (never heard of a certified ADI teaching this) but it's dangerous.

No engine braking, so 100% reliance on the car's brakes.
No brake servo assistance. So more food effort required to stop the car in an emergency situation.
Brake fade, if the brakes get really hot, depending on the length of the slope. No servo + overheated rotors = likely disaster.
No steering assistance. Wheel can be operated with more effort, but in an emergency situation calling for sudden evasive action...
If the ignition lock is worn, it is possible for the key to be withdrawn, or fall out. This WILL result in the steering lock activating.

You would risk the above, and endanger other road users, in an attempt to save 50ml of fuel?

It's also worth noting on a vehicle without automatic stop-start, each time you shut down the engine, it uses more fuel on start-up. And each time you restart your engine, your fuel gauge reading is marginally lower EACH time.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by aniyphil: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2016
hmmm . . .I can relate to No.5, my SUV has been on leave for about 3 weeks now . . .my Camry ever so fuel efficient, has seen a lot these couple of weeks wink
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Emeka71(m): 4:28am On Apr 10, 2016
soldierdollar:
While descending a hill , disengage the gear
A valley.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Emeka71(m): 4:41am On Apr 10, 2016
tunwumi:
Tell me how to economise fuel in my gen set. That of car is by trekking
Use solar and inverter.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Elisean(m): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2016
miqos02:
how?
just go to any motor gas station,they will help you do the installation.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2016
lonelydora:

Please explain more on this
I personally think that when your car glasses are whined down the car struggles more in movement cos of the air that comes in the car while moving that makes the engine burn more fuel. But when your glasses are up and AC on or not the car moves more lighter and free. Have also driven my car without AC on for a week to compare the rate at which the fuel goes there wasn't any difference when the AC is on.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by chiasoka(m): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
EASILY RECOVER YOUR VEHICLE IN EVENTS OF THEFT WITH OUR AUTO TRACKERS Monitor the movement of your autos, motorcycles, tricycles, trucks 24/7 with our GPS/GPRS car trackers even when you are far from them. Get location address via sms of your car in event of theft. Get GPS reports at intervals about your car location for easy recovery when stolen. Set your car's speed limits and get reports when exceeded. Set up the geofence feature in your vehicle. All this and more are possible with our gps/gprs car trackers. To order call 08122240700, 07065212417. We operate from Enugu state, NIGERIA. Orders can be sent to any part on Nigeria for free via inter state transport companies. We can help you with installation for those who reside within or around the Enugu environs. We provide one year warranty per unit. Our prices are: N19,500 for car, truck, bus trackers. N15,500 for tricycle trackers.EASILY RECOVER YOUR VEHICLE IN EVENTS OF THEFT WITH OUR AUTO TRACKERS Monitor the movement of your autos, motorcycles, tricycles, trucks 24/7 with our GPS/GPRS car trackers even when you are far from them. Get location address via sms of your car in event of theft. Get GPS reports at intervals about your car location for easy recovery when stolen. Set your car's speed limits and get reports when exceeded. Set up the geofence feature in your vehicle. All this and more are possible with our gps/gprs car trackers. To order call 08122240700, 07065212417. We operate from Enugu state, NIGERIA. Orders can be sent to any part on Nigeria for free via inter state transport companies. We can help you with installation for those who reside within or around the Enugu environs. We provide one year warranty per unit. Our prices are: N19,500 for car, truck, bus trackers. N15,500 for tricycle trackers.EASILY RECOVER YOUR VEHICLE IN EVENTS OF THEFT WITH OUR AUTO TRACKERS Monitor the movement of your autos, motorcycles, tricycles, trucks 24/7 with our GPS/GPRS car trackers even when you are far from them. Get location address via sms of your car in event of theft. Get GPS reports at intervals about your car location for easy recovery when stolen. Set your car's speed limits and get reports when exceeded. Set up the geofence feature in your vehicle. All this and more are possible with our gps/gprs car trackers. To order call 08122240700, 07065212417. We operate from Enugu state, NIGERIA. Orders can be sent to any part on Nigeria for free via inter state transport companies. We can help you with installation for those who reside within or around the Enugu environs. We provide one year warranty per unit. Our prices are: N19,500 for car, truck, bus trackers. N15,500 for tricycle trackers.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by afroxyz: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2016
Cyojunior:
Is It Because It Is Buhari? I marvel at the way and manner
we think in this country, worst of it the way they think in the
north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually
lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, people
referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and
nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power
of the media that brought them to power they want to
castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in
an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York,
why, Is it because it is Buhari? We demonstrated against
pump price increment for petrol, government of president
Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few
months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see
nothing wrong with that, Is it because it is Buhari? When
three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the
Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the
jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are
killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's
nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it
genocide by the Buharian army, Is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were
termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify
oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also
thought so, six months later the same Buhari is paying for
subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, Is it because it
is Buhari? We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in
the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance,
only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2
billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other
Presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit
down and watch helplessly, Is it because it Buhari? Fuel
scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock
bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are
dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we
are asked not to query them, Is it because it is Buhari? If we
criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize
Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoists
see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria
and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a
Northerner. We Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet
of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect
our country to remain one and grow. Yes! we might be of
different orientation and background but what is good is
good anywhere any time and what is bad is bad. I cannot be
suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the
President.

Plz permit me to use your write up and constructed a poem. Abeg
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by radiation(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2016
That's not safe though, ur steering may lock when u need to do a little turn and u forgot to put back ur ignition.
sodique20:
Off your car engine whenever there is free
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Oghumu1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
Siena:

Your tutor may well have taught you that (never heard of a certified ADI teaching this) but it's dangerous.

No engine braking, so 100% reliance on the car's brakes.
No brake servo assistance. So more food effort required to stop the car in an emergency situation.
Brake fade, if the brakes get really hot, depending on the length of the slope. No servo + overheated rotors = likely disaster.
No steering assistance. Wheel can be operated with more effort, but in an emergency situation calling for sudden evasive action...
If the ignition lock is worn, it is possible for the key to be withdrawn, or fall out. This WILL result in the steering lock activating.

You would risk the above, and endanger other road users, in an attempt to save 50ml of fuel?

It's also worth noting on a vehicle without automatic stop-start, each time you shut down the engine, it uses more fuel on start-up. And each time you restart your engine, your fuel gauge reading is marginally lower EACH time.
Thanks for this info. People fall victim to bad circumstances due to lack of knowledge, I really appreciate this.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
Oghumu1:

Thanks for this info. People fall victim to bad circumstances due to lack of knowledge, I really appreciate this.

No worries, brother. Have a great Sunday, and stay safe!
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Oghumu1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Siena:

No worries, brother. Have a great Sunday, and stay safe!
Thanks man..
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by spartanobad(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
krysTein:
I noticed dat wen I turn of d ignition of my car in heavy traffics d amount of fuel that moved out wen I put on de engine again is usually much
which car abeg
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Ricmayak1: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
soldierdollar:
While descending a hill , disengage the gear
This consumes more fuel. Learn to coast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle / Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.