Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (24904 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Oghumu1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Make I add mine, when driving on a slope downwards just off the engine or put in on neutral.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nusaf: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
ikiller:
Air condition no dey chop fuel
Says who?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by nwakibie3(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by korastic: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
Men!Country hard o
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by femi4: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
JonSnow:
How about you oily hypocrites take to the streets and stage a protest similar to the one staged during Jonathan's regime.

This country will NEVER move forward. If you've got your means, leave this cesspit and don't come back.

On judgement day, I'd just hold a nigerian flag to show God and his angels that I've been to hell already

If you no get brain, I get place you fit borrow.

The street were against jona for putting PMS @141/litre
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by emmyblackky(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
hakinze00:
Don't go out @ all that is the best way to preserve ur fuel currently except if it is gonna bring money to u because u re spending twice on fuel nw undecided
if you don't go out you will be tempted to put on the generator since there's no power supply
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by christinie(f): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Finally Buhari has reduced many Nigerians to living the life of paupers. So I should not use my AC again because of fake change? You mean I should treck or forfeit my SUV?

Buhari you are wicked.

chucksbadt:
1. For manual transmission, while driving ensure to leave gear 1 and 2 as soon as possible, the other gears save fuel much better.

2. There is really no need for air conditioner at the moment, you can survive without it. Wind all your 4 windows down, Natural breeze go enta. Economy hard!

3. Endeavor to switch off the engine during heavy traffic.

4. Consider trekking at times
You own a car doesn't mean you drive it everywhere, set your priorities right!. Stuffs like going to pick up chick's, or cruising around town should be put on hold.

5. All v6/v8 cars should be parked for now. I believe anyone who has a v6/v8 car should also have a small car parked somewhere. Use that one instead.

Abeg driver's in the house, feel free to add yours.

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by iwadobo: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
As for me, I can never drive an I4 engine again. That being said, I must confess that my pocket is getting drained as I spend an average of 7k on fuel on daily basis for my Honda accord (v6) and 3.5 hp generator in my own office. The question is, if I spend that much on daily basis on fuel alone, won't I eat? Won't I cater for other responsibilities? And how much do I make in a day? If this problem is not solved in the next one week, let buhari resign. I can't continue to debit my account to fuel car and gen . I'm more than angry as my account reducing instead of the usual daily growth. #babamustgo

2 Likes

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by chucksbadt(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
christinie:
Finally Buhari has reduced many Nigerians to living the life of paupers. So I should not use my AC again because of fake change? You mean I should treck or forfeit my SUV?

Buhari you are wicked.

My dear, it's only temporary na....Change will eventually come, just exercise Patience.
And yes no AC/SUV for now! Just hang on
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by lollmaolol(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
tunwumi:
Tell me how to economise fuel in my gen set. That of car is by trekking

Exactly what was on my mind....
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by chucksbadt(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
iwadobo:
As for me, I can never drive an I4 engine again. That being said, I must confess that my pocket is getting drained as I spend an average of 7k on fuel on daily basis for my Honda accord (v6) and 3.5 hp generator in my own office. The question is, if I spend that much on daily basis on fuel alone, won't I eat? Won't I cater for other responsibilities? And how much do I make in a day? If this problem is not solved in the next one week, let buhari resign. I can't continue to debit my account to fuel car and gen . I'm more than angry as my account reducing instead of the usual daily growth. #babamustgo

I think you should consider taking transport instead. 7k a day on fuel?? That's outrageous man!!
Once again, i think you might need to re set your Priorities.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by airsaylongcon: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
femi4:

And people shouldn't take to the streets in d complete absence of fuel? Common Where's the logic?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by airsaylongcon: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Why do people wrongly believe that a V6/v8 consumes more fuel than an I4 or I5?

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Vyntra(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
change!!! when is it gonna arrive
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Goldenheart(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
ikiller:

If u off ur engine, your air condition dey work? undecided
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by JonSnow(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
femi4:

Sorry, I don't indulge zombies. Especially your brand. Your type is irredeemable.

2 Likes

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by christinie(f): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
This is not what his voters bargained for.

#SMH.

chucksbadt:

My dear, it's only temporary na....Change will eventually come, just exercise Patience.
And yes no AC/SUV for now! Just hang on
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by opedaydydx9(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
yarimo:
(7) make sure you call and confirm before going out
even the confirmed lecture dint hold lecturer no get fuel..., me sef waste fuel join now we both don't have fuel

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by VivaDeAngelo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cyojunior:
Is It Because It Is Buhari? I marvel at the way and manner
we think in this country, worst of it the way they think in the
north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually
lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, people
referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and
nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power
of the media that brought them to power they want to
castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in
an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York,
why, Is it because it is Buhari? We demonstrated against
pump price increment for petrol, government of president
Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few
months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see
nothing wrong with that, Is it because it is Buhari? When
three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the
Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the
jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are
killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's
nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it
genocide by the Buharian army, Is it because it is Buhari?
Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were
termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify
oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also
thought so, six months later the same Buhari is paying for
subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, Is it because it
is Buhari? We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in
the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance,
only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2
billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other
Presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit
down and watch helplessly, Is it because it Buhari? Fuel
scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock
bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are
dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we
are asked not to query them, Is it because it is Buhari? If we
criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize
Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoists
see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria
and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a
Northerner. We Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet
of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect
our country to remain one and grow. Yes! we might be of
different orientation and background but what is good is
good anywhere any time and what is bad is bad. I cannot be
suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the
President.

Well said...!!!! I wish I could buy you a bottle of wine but my brother the situation of the country is depleting my resources.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by chucksbadt(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
christinie:
This is not what his voters bargained for.

#SMH.

Weather we bargained for it or not, Buhari will be here till 2019.
I think it's high time we stop depending on Government and move on with life.

A lot of people are making it big time without government intervention.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by captain247: 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
ikiller:

That was what I was told too. What has compressor got to do with fuel instead of battery?
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by pek(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
chucksbadt:
1. For manual transmission, while driving ensure to leave gear 1 and 2 as soon as possible, the other gears save fuel much better.

2. There is really no need for air conditioner at the moment, you can survive without it. Wind all your 4 windows down, Natural breeze go enta. Economy hard!

You own a car doesn't mean you drive it everywhere, set your priorities right!. Stuffs like going to pick up chick's, or cruising around town should be put on hold.

5. All v6/v8 cars should be parked for now. I believe anyone who has a v6/v8 car should also have a small car parked somewhere. Use that one instead.

You spoilt this by writing driver's instead of drivers. Didn't you do singular and plural in school?

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by christinie(f): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Who has been depending on the Government with you? You think it is everyone that cares for Aisha rice and stipends?

Power generation/supply is under the exclusive list meaning that it is the duty and responsibility of the Federal Government to provide us with constant power supply. Nigerian Citizens pay their PHCN bills and must therefore be provided with constant power supply without excuses.

Availability of petroleum at the right price at every point in time is the duty of the Government. The citizens expect to buy the products at a reasonable/fixed price by the Government and we also expect it to be available always. Even if there must be fuel scarcity, must it linger on for 3 months?

The Government is also to provide the citizens with basic amenities, that is infrastructural facilities or don't we pay our taxes? Also with security from Boko Haram, Fulani Cattle rearers etc.

We are forced to pay N50 for every lodgment in our accounts. We pay the Government to drive our cars (car particulars),we even pay some dues for houses we have built. We pay all kinds of revenues in our business premises and heavy taxes are deducted from our salaries and you are there talking about depending on Government.

People are made to forfeit their oil rich lands for few stipends as compensation and the Government is in turn expected to use the money generated from our oil and other resources to develop our nation.

We pay toll gates at the airport and other designated places and people pay fines in court. The customs, immigration, post office, road safety, and other agencies generate a lot of money for the Government . Stolen funds are returned in billions.

The Government has the waywithal to provide basic amenities for the masses and any reasonable person will understand if there's agitation for the non-availability of such basic amenities.

It is APC e-rats that depend on Government for rice and stipends. We are only demanding that the Government stabilises the economy for enabling environment for daily living.

chucksbadt:

Weather we bargained for it or not, Buhari will be here till 2019.
I think it's high time we stop depending on Government and move on with life.

A lot of people are making it big time without government intervention.

3 Likes

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by femi4: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
airsaylongcon:

And people shouldn't take to the streets in d complete absence of fuel? Common Where's the logic?
Perhaps you can start by informing me when they did when Jona was in power. Except you want to tell me that Jobs era didn't witness fuel scarcity
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by femi4: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
JonSnow:

Sorry, I don't indulge zombies. Especially your brand. Your type is irredeemable.
Olodo!
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Oghumu1:
Make I add mine, when driving on a slope downwards just off the engine or put in on neutral.

Switching your engine off, and freewheeling down a slope is downright dangerous. Not advisable under ANY circumstance.

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by muller101(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Easiest way. When u approach a slope switch off the ignition come out and push. When u reach any hill. Carry the vehicle on ur head.

1 Like

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Sunymoore(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
chucksbadt:

But don't drive at higher gear while driving slowly, that will stress the engine

Drag cause by 'breeze' can cause more fuel consumption than AC when the driving at relatively high speed 50 miles and above

This is practical for static traffic, but, in stop and go traffic, this may be counter productive.. When driving automatic, engage to neutral in such circumstance than switching off and on, clutch can do it for manual..

True! But, plan your day and do all your outings at once, if possible, when the traffic is low

If possible this, yes!

2 Likes

Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
soldierdollar:
While descending a hill , disengage the gear

Not advisable bro.
Re: How To Conserve Fuel In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
muller101:
Easiest way. When u approach a slope switch off the ignition come out and push. When u reach any hill. Carry the vehicle on ur head.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle / Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? / Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.