Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,799 members, 7,837,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) (43084 Views)

Rain Destroys Building At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) / Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by odinese(m): 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
F
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by jamauldeen: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thats the ICT building if i remember very well opposite SUB..
UI ..first and still the best..

3 Likes

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by mmyusuf: 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Wat an inferno in d first uni. Of Nigeria
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Lionofdjungle: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
let us sing the nursery school rhyme: rain rain go away come again another day MTN mast don fall down.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by sunnyuche1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
The university look malnourished to me tho. lipsrsealed
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Jaymaestro(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ibadan Lol ! I Love the city. Less wahala!
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Thank God no life was lost.
Meanwhile in other News.
So na inside U.I this building dey? What happened to all the monies released by the Federal Govt year in and out?
The Building belongs to the Poultry,and not the First University In Nigeria.
u don enter u bfr?

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by nurez305(m): 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
loomer:
At least for the first time, no body call buhar/jonathan name
oga, Buhari is responsible for everything that happen joor
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by ipreach: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
who own the mast?
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by loomer: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
nurez305:
oga, Buhari is responsible for everything that happen joor

Me no be fan of buhari and I doubt if I will ever be, but make we try not to dey blame him and jona for every single thing
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by ovieigho(m): 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
HungerBAD:

Meanwhile in other News.

So na inside U.I this building dey? What happened to all
the monies released by the Federal Govt year in and out?

. eeyah, I can see that u went to glorified secondary school where u can count the number of buildings you have but let me say this, UI is a community with thousands of cool buildings, Iam alumnus yet I have never come across this particular building

3 Likes

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Tobyshegz(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Oyo witches @ work.. hehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by BeauHomme: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
ICT building opposite Bello hall. So I guess wifi suspended till further notice

Raining in Abuja, Ibadan, Ogun state, etc...meanwhile heat dey bake us 4 PH

OP abeg transfer small rain come ds side
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Habidab: 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked This happened at the GSP centre,more the camera is poor anyway,coz that place is more aesthetic than that.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by MisterLawyer: 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
The building is as old as UI itself.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by dom(m): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
mmyusuf:
Wat an inferno in d first uni. Of Nigeria

No be only inferno. Na conflagration.

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by dom(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
There used to be a cybercafe there in the late 90s and early 2000s. I recall they were the only ones using vsat then.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by treasuregr8(f): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
chai! no be our Gsp wifi mast be that?
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by rexzqcom(m): 12:17am On Apr 10, 2016
All these buildings need painting. Looks like they've not been repainted for decades.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by teepsee(f): 12:42am On Apr 10, 2016
Alkanoicacid:
That's a generator house you're looking at
is it the story building is a generator house or what?
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 1:19am On Apr 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Simply put....universities need far more money than the government can give.

UI has a lot of rich alumni....why can't they donate to the university too? How about companies.?

UI looked nicer in the 1950's and 60's. That was when govt did not have too many unis to run. Now...there are too many of them....and limited cash to run them.

You are mistaken. It is not more funds they need. They are in need of some serious education and orientation in asset management and maintenance. Not just them but every single Nigerian in Nigeria. It is no coincidence that every public infrastructure is in a dilapidated state. The weird part is Nigerians do not realize that disregarding maintenance has a domino effect. Power and gas provision are two examples that comes to mind. Nigerians cannot maintain a university hostel but expect to maintain the effective distribution of fuel and electricity. OK. Good luck with that.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by anitank(f): 2:33am On Apr 10, 2016
I am more concerned about the state of building in a so called Nigerian Federal University
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 3:07am On Apr 10, 2016
HungerBAD:

Meanwhile in other News.

So na inside U.I this building dey? What happened to all
the monies released by the Federal Govt year in and out?

Oh! So you know fully well that the fed govt releases monies to universities for the purpose of maintainance, payment of salaries and rehabilitation of structures, yet you lambasted GEJ for building new schools instead of concentrating on old schools. Afterwards, you later attacked him for rehabilitating and reconstructing old roads plus dualization of others, saying that he should have built new roads.

Zombie way, no be way at all! undecided
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by jimmy101231(m): 5:03am On Apr 10, 2016
whatever
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 10, 2016
sharp eyes....close to philosophy...very sharp eyes

BeauHomme:
ICT building opposite Bello hall. So I guess wifi suspended till further notice

Raining in Abuja, Ibadan, Ogun state, etc...meanwhile heat dey bake us 4 PH

OP abeg transfer small rain come ds side
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Gudugbem(m): 6:54am On Apr 10, 2016
safe us evenly father
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Taeewo(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Taeewo(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Taeewo(m): 7:13am On Apr 10, 2016
ok
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by Asiri1991: 7:39am On Apr 10, 2016
The structures are too old to my liking.
Re: Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) by TheSociopath(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2016
The kind of rain that fell ystdy ehn... It broke a large chunk of our fence and spoil a few things. It even removed the roofing of a nearby church

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

500Level University Of Jos Student Dies - Jtownconnect Nigeria / Sexual Assault, Corruption: UNICAL Law Students Protest Against Cyril Ndifon / Ali Shuaibu Baba, First Class Computer Science Graduate Who Slaughters Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.