Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) (34792 Views)

Yusuf Usman In N10 Billion Unauthorized Withdrawal Scandal / Idris Ahmed: DSS Arrests Man Who Exposed Wanted Boko Haram Commander Whereabout / Obama Calls Buhari As DSS Arrests Al-Barnawi, ISIS-Recognised Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by obiremy: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
This Department of State Services has arrested a suspected founding member of the Boko Haram, Mohammed Usman, in Lokoja, Kogi State.

According to the DSS, Mr Usman, widely known as Khalid Al-Barnawi, alias Kafuri, Naziru, Alhaji Yahaya, Mallam Dauda, Alhaji Tanimu, apprehended by this Service on April 1 in, while hiding under a false cover.

The Service said Mr Usman, whom it prefers to refer to as Al-Barnawi, was a founding member of the Jama’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid Da’wah Wa’l-Jihad (Boko Haram) and later the Amir of the break-away faction, Jama’at Ansarul Muslimim Fi Biladi Sudan (JAMBS).

A statement by the spokesman for the DSS, Tony Opuiyo, said “Khalid Al-Barnawi is a trained terrorist commander, who has been coordinating terrorist activities in Nigeria, while talent-spotting and recruiting vulnerable young and able Nigerians for terrorist training by Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) in North African States and the Middle-East”.

The service said he was involved in many terrorist attacks in States of the Federation, including Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Sokoto and FCT-Abuja that resulted in the killing and maiming of innocent citizens of Nigeria.

“Al-Barnawi is also responsible for the bombing of the United Nations building in Abuja, on 26th August, 2011; the kidnapping of two European civil engineers in Kebbi State in May, 2011, and their subsequent murder in Sokoto State; the kidnap of a German engineer, Edgar Raupach in January, 2012, the kidnap and murder of seven expatriate staff of Setraco Construction Company at Jama’are, in Bauchi State in February, 2013, the attack of Nigerian troops at Okene in Kogi State, while on transit to Abuja for an official assignment,” the DSS claimed in the statement.

It said the suspect would be charged after investigation, describing the arrest as a major milestone in the counter-terrorism fight of this Service.

The DSS reassured Nigerians that the Service in collaboration with other sister security agencies, would bring perpetrators of crime and their sponsors to justice.

In another development, the Service said it uncovered the heinous role played by suspected members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), in the abduction of five Hausa-Fulani residents, namely Mohammed Gainako, Ibrahim Mohammed, Idris Yakubu, and Isa Mohammed Rago at Isuikwuato Local Government Area in Abia State.

According to the DSS, the abducted men were later discovered at the Umuanyi forest, Abia State, where they were suspected to have been killed by their abductors and buried in shallow graves, amidst 50 other shallow graves of unidentified persons.

It said arrest and investigation conducted so far, revealed that some suspected members of IPOB, carried out the action.

It claimed that IPOB was steadily embarking on gruesome actions in a bid to ignite ethnic terrorism and mistrust amongst non-indigenes in the South-East region and other parts of Nigeria.

It warned that it would act decisively within its statutory mandate to ensure that the sponsors and perpetrators of the action were apprehended and prosecuted.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/09/dss-arrests-suspected-founding-member-boko-haram-lokoja/

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Mutuwa(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Gradually..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Eyepencil: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
OK
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by fromnigeria(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Another Change grin grin

Take it or Leave it.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by doublewisdom: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ah pray o!
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by izospindle(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
IS IT JUST ME OR IS KOGI A STRATEGIC PLACE FOR BOKO HARAM WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS ARRESTING PEOPLE FROM THERE MORE THAN THE NORTHWEST SELF??

19 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Pheals(f): 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2016

thanks to buhari and the Nigerian army !! Well u do this. ...even if the economic is bad!! We are looking for something better to talk about

All we by well

5 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by mackhunter77: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
izospindle:
IS IT JUST ME OR IS KOGI A STRATEGIC PLACE FOR BOKO HARAM WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS ARRESTING PEOPLE FROM THERE MORE THAN THE NORTHWEST SELF??
I believe u meant the NORTH EAST
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Luckylife(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
Kill them all
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by mcee1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
#Neveragain# shall we allow any terrorist group old us in to ransom.
God bless PMB
God bless T.Y buratai
God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by onojaduru: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Good news.More of that
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by papaejima1: 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
ALERT!!!
Those in the know say this guy IS NOT KHALID AL-BARNAWI.
The DSS goofed here.

Ask Fulan Nasrullah. I believe him on issues pertaining to BH more than the DSS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by funlord(m): 2:19am On Apr 10, 2016
sad

He looks like an uneducated, bigoted, stinking, homosexual bastard!
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Okanokan(m): 4:23am On Apr 10, 2016
Kudos to the leadership of the Directorate of State Security (DSS) for a job well executed.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by LegatusGlaber(m): 6:21am On Apr 10, 2016
papaejima1:
ALERT!!!
Those in the know say this guy IS NOT KHALID AL-BARNAWI.
The DSS goofed here.

Ask Fulan Nasrullah. I believe him on issues pertaining to BH more than the DSS

How or where did you get the feedback from Fulan Nasrullah? His blog have not been updated for quite a while now. Moreover, an equally close source to the group, Saldika, confirmed the news some days back.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:35am On Apr 10, 2016
Wonderful news. God help us
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2016
Okanokan:
Kudos to the leadership of the Directorate of State Security (DSS) for a job well executed.

Thats it
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by KahlDrogo(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Yet another Flatthead Hero bites the dust.

When will Nnamdi Kanu be executed sef??

Perfect job from DSS.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by izospindle(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2016
mackhunter77:
I believe u meant the NORTH EAST
no i meant north west the other side of the north where boko haram is not been felt there are more arrest in kogi than sokoto jigawa and co

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Taasii4change: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2016
Perfect job by DSS

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by ajepako(f): 7:21am On Apr 10, 2016
Exellent job...

Bring him out for public stoning...
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by M4gunners: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2016
Should i be happy now?
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by tsdarkside(m): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2016
the war against boko haram is won...

we can officialy say,that was our second civil-war....

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by omowolewa: 7:39am On Apr 10, 2016
Two questions for him please
1. Where are the Chibok girls?
2. Where is Shekau?
Get us this two and we will allow you to go (in NPF voice).
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Funjosh(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok

When are they going after alimodu sheriff?

Founder and financier book haram undecided

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by lollmaolol(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2016
Sorry, founding member already duplicated other founding member, I hope he recalls all his baf fruits also... Well-done guys
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by lonelydora: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2016
Good
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok.
Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by ORACLE1975(m): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2016
This guy na computer ? How come only him master mind all this without assistant DSS weldone

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Dottore: 8:33am On Apr 10, 2016
I keep reading news of arrested Boko Haram, kingpins, commanders, leaders and all what nots . it's now founding members. Are all these media hypes or are the arrested actually high profile. Members of Boko Haram.
I haven't read where any of these arrested Boko Haram big role players were prosecuted or executed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2016
He should be charged with genocide or whatever..... and later death.

Anyways... i added another year to mine today, i know we all love to celebrate birthdays in joy and happiness. But one bonus for all of you who click LIKES for me.... UNCEASING MONEY FOR YOU ALL

( CLICK LIKE TO CLAIM YOUR PRICE ) and more petrol to your tanks

DrabeeyWasHere

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Directs Kick-Off of PPI; Approves Funding / Casualties As Biafra Group Clash With Cameroonian Soldiers / Pantami: "I Have Changed Several Positions Taken In The Past"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.