Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? (766 Views)

Camry Air Conditioner Automatic Compressor Conversion By Technicians / A/C Technicians In Warri Delta State. / Most Nigerian (AC)Technicians & Mechanics are Quacks >:( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by azian(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2016
Does anyone in the house know of any registered honda service centre in akwa ibom? I'm having electrical problems with my 2010 honda accord and i would really appreciate the help as my car's electrical components are failing one by one.
First it stopped charging the battery optimally as my lights flicker when used at night and my battery indicator light comes up regularly now the car is rejecting my keys. It even stopped the car while i was on the expressway doing 160kmphr... E no funny at all
I ran some scans on the car and got an internal control module processor error which i assume concerns the car's Brain box my issue is i dont know of any reputable technicians here that can sort it out.
I bought the car brand new and I've never had any problems in the 5 years I've had it so I'd appreciate any help
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by chuks1137(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
is the immobilizer light on, on the instrument cluster.
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by azian(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
It's just the check engine light that trips on intermittently
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by azian(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
chuks1137:
is the immobilizer light on, on the instrument cluster.
A technician who just checked it this evening says the alternator is not functioning normally such that its not sending enough current to the processor on the brain box for the brain box to function properly. He says if he flashes the brain box the problem will still persist... I tire for this wahala
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by mayor2013: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Your technician is right let him go ahead to do the job. If all wiring down to the alternator and to battery are ok and there is no voltage drop. Get a good alternator. Recommended amperage rating is what you should go for
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by chuks1137(m): 12:45am On Apr 14, 2016
to also confirm that the alternator is charging or not take a digital voltmeter set your scale to volts start the car place the multimeter led on the battery I.e negative to negative and positive to positive if it is charging u should see a reading above battery voltage it should no be above 14. something 15. is as bad as not charging hope this helps, and also perform a gnd to gnd voltage drop test
Re: Honda Service Technicians In Akwa Ibom? by azian(m): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Its confirmed my alternator is faulty. I have been looking for a replacement but all I'm seeing is fairly used ones. I would like to get a brand new alternator at a reasonable price. I checked a Honda place dealership but they don't have access to a new one...any help nairalanders?

(1) (Reply)

See The New Transparent Car Unveiled In Germany (photos) / Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? / Car Battery Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.