Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) (35496 Views)

EDC Official Electrocuted In Isawo, Ikorodu (Video) / PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Exponental(m): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2016
No safety equipment for High tension lines but safety procedures. You don't work on high tension when powered.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by ofiko123(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2016
I blame buhari for this.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Imagineers: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2016
This particular piece is very wrong and it insults our sensibilities. Those who are privy to the facts of the case will know that someone is trying to use Nairaland to misguide the good people of this country.

No sensible staff of any electric company will climb an electric pole without following the safety procedure it is a matter of life and death. In this particular case, the entire area was in darkness for about two months and this same supervisor refused to restore, The entire community resulted to complain and a senior manager authorised the restoration, Everybody was there with camera phones recording the repairs as they were happy the light was being restored after suffering for a long time,

This supervisor got wind of what was going on and instructed the transmission station to switch on the feeder and those boys were electrocuted. In any good environment this supervisor supposed to be in prison awaiting trial. The way he is going about to distort the case will make the families of those involved to loose their compensation

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by enoch273: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2016
Even an atom of pity I don't feel for these thieves, if he like make he fall on top high tension.

They don't bring light and they come and take bill, reaping where they ve not sown. More of their staff will continue to get electrocuted and fall from NEPA poles if they don't change from their wicked ways.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2016
Very sad .. These are basic things !
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by danidee10(m): 8:02am On Apr 11, 2016
youngsahito:
this kind of thing can only happen in Nigeria...I live in France

Why u come dey tell us na

As u talk am so who you epp

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Sibrah: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2016
ocelot2006:

Unions are usually not allowed in the private sector.
you mean no body is there to protest poor working n safety standards
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by danidee10(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2016
enoch273:
Even an atom of pity I don't feel for these thieves, if he like make he fall on top high tension.

They don't bring light and they come and take bill, reaping where they ve not sown. More of their staff will continue to get electrocuted and fall from NEPA poles if they don't change from their wicked ways.

So he shouldn't obey orders from his superiors na and get sacked....she u get company that year na undecided
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 11, 2016
Truth is (at least in my area) they are eager to cut of electricity lines from the poles because they want to collect N2,000 (negotiated) re-connection fees. I am not surprised nor saddened. The official brought it upon himself
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 11, 2016
danidee10:

So he shouldn't obey orders from his superiors na and get sacked....she u get company that year na undecided

Money that is not receipted !!? it is not order from above because anytime you pay reconnection fees, they give you no receipt. they should keep dying happily on PHCN high-tension poles for all I care
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

I never knew Ikeja electricity handle transmission line , are they not a distribution electricity company ?.
Electricity distribution is still done via transmission lines at relatively lower voltage level.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by uzoormah(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2016
missvera:
R.I.P to the dead and the other a speedy recovery.Atleast no one will come here to blame Buhari because PHCN is not NEPA anymore.

Buhari is the cause...mtchew
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by olaib: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2016
amunkita:
Useless people..

They only bring light to take soul..

How I wish our Judicial system works, the deceased family will get justice..
there is god
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by dragon2(m): 9:00am On Apr 11, 2016
Ikeja distribution is not PHCN. The staff belongs to Ikeja distribution.The headline is incorrect.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by danidee10(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2016
everydayperson:

Money that is not receipted !!? it is not order from above because anytime you pay reconnection fees, they give you no receipt. they should keep dying happily on PHCN high-tension poles for all I care

You're right.....but you wicked ooo cheesy
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by ofwest: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2016
Disco Disco Disco Privatisation Privatisation Privatisation. We have now see the result of the so called privatisation, no formal safety standard rules training, see the way innocent untrained casual staff are loosing their lives, and yet electricity remains comatose all over.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by dalambusu(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2016
The company should b sued for negligence. Once u employ someone to work for you, you MUST provide them with the necessary safety equipment. Any injury suffered as a result of such failure is actionable.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Electronzeez(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2016
0rex:

Electricity distribution is still done via transmission lines at relatively lower voltage level.

I get your drift bro,. I think it is appropriate for him to say a distribution line even when material used are for transmission . still your point is well noted.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by alaskido(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2016
Since they privatised PHCN, things have never been the same. No more light and their workers are always been electrocuted. angry
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Majesticniyi(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2016
lonelydora:
I blame the poor guy. No, i am not heartless. Safety will still nail him, and he may even get sacked for trying to incur cost and LTI on the company.

There is a safety slogan that says

"IF IT IS UNSAFE, DON'T DO IT"

why carry out a risky job without the necessary PPEs? If the management refuses to provide PPE, then complain to your safety officer or whoever is in charge that you can't carry out the job. That's how it works. But, most Nigeria workers believe so much in the "I DEY DO AM LIKE THIS BEFORE" syndrome.

It is better to go home (if need be) with your whole body than stay on a job with some body parts missing.

I pray you get well soon, bro.

On point. I work in an multinational production company and the safety rule is clearcut...your safety is totally in your hands. Your employers has the responsibility of providing your PPEs...if they dont, don't do the job! Carrying out a job without adequate PPEs has heavy penalty.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Majesticniyi(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2016
lonelydora:
I blame the poor guy. No, i am not heartless. Safety will still nail him, and he may even get sacked for trying to incur cost and LTI on the company.

There is a safety slogan that says

"IF IT IS UNSAFE, DON'T DO IT"

why carry out a risky job without the necessary PPEs? If the management refuses to provide PPE, then complain to your safety officer or whoever is in charge that you can't carry out the job. That's how it works. But, most Nigeria workers believe so much in the "I DEY DO AM LIKE THIS BEFORE" syndrome.

It is better to go home (if need be) with your whole body than stay on a job with some body parts missing.

I pray you get well soon, bro.

On point. I work in an multinational production company and the safety rule is clearcut...your safety is totally in your hands. Your employers have the responsibility of providing your PPEs...if they dont, don't do the job! Carrying out a job without adequate PPEs has heavy penalty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by duchez(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Please whenever there incidences like this or you come across any faulty electrical installation, Kindly report to any office of the Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA), they are the technical regulators of the Power sector and work to ensure standard equipment, procedures and policies are followed in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. They have Area Offices all over the federation. You can reach them on: nemsa.com.ng
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by whitebeard(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by laprince(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ikeja Electric preaches safety, but never provide the safety materials.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Its a pity. If things like this happen we may not b able to ascertain who is @ fault. perharps d worker himself ignored d use of his PPE or PHCN neva issued him a PPE or PHCN neva mornitored to ascertain if he was wth d PPE etc. However in my own opinion both parties are to b blamed for this.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
ebosie11:
A staff of PHCN was allegedly electrocuted in Ikeja due to the nonavailability of safety equipment.

Abeg PHCN workers should be provided with all the necessary safety gadgets.Na risky work dem dey do na!Haba!

source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/tweeter-confronts-phcn-with-evidence-of.html

Its not just PHCN.You should be wise enough to refuse to do any technical work if your life is at stake.They can fire if they wish,but you will still be alive.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by tobinson: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
Thats d result of privatization in naija,were union & labours will collapse.........speedy recovery oga nepa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This True About Salaries In The UK. / My MD Compensated Me After The Slap. / ICAN Chartered Accountants Awaitting Induction Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.