Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

A Letter To Femi Adesina (sa To The President On Media/publicity) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Femi Adesina (sa To The President On Media/publicity) (336 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Nigerians React To Femi Adesina's Phone Call With President Buhari / Obanikoro To Femi Fani-Kayode: Get A Medical Check Up Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To Femi Adesina (sa To The President On Media/publicity) by thankgodeboh(m): 3:09am On Apr 11, 2016
Dear Femi Adesina,

How are you? Wait, I'll answer that question for you : you are good, you feel great, and you are basking in the seat of power that came to you and affected your life.

I knew you from Sun newspapers and I enjoyed your column and that of your amazing colleagues like Amanze Obi and Funke Egbemode. By the way, while typing your name, the autocorrect of my phone spelt it thus; Femi a destination. I don't know what that means.

You have fallen the hands of many of us who believed that writers are gods who will call back the sense of mortal men. Immediately a slice of power was offered to you, things came crumbling down. You suddenly revolutionized into the Unimaginable. We Nigerians discovered that we were not on the same page with you anymore. We are disappointed.

When our General Buhari delayed in appointing his ministers, you informed us all that he would do that "in the fullness of time". We never understood fully that that was a hint to the perils that this administration would baptize us with. You unconsciously informed us that CHANGE - a scary word to most Nigerians, would come till God-knows-when.

Late last month, you shut us all up for complaining about constant blackouts. You 'pointed your fingers' and said we should blame pipeline vandals for that. We should therefore fight them if we wanted our bulbs to be lighted by the power stations of this country. Else, we better resought to our generators. Did you hear that the UK will have excess of electricity?

How fast did you join the bandwagon who would always rob on our faces, all of our sacrifices and expectations? How come a small sachet of power (10 naira worth) changed you into a scary Femi? What would have been our portion if a full loaf of 'power' or the equivalent of 500g of cowbell power was in your possession? You would have advised us to fill our pockets with gravel and walk into a nearby river and drown to death like Virginia Woolf.

You need to read 'You have a brain by Ben Carson' and review it with your cohorts in the state house. You should start a tutorial class for everyone that is an appointee up there. Let them all come with their slates and chalk to learn, even if it is in the evenings. The finance minister needs more knowledge of maths, the Nnpc man needs to study petroleum economics. Learning is a good thing, isn't it?

We need you to remember your days at the sun. We need you to have tangible and quality answers to whatever we ask. Put us through like a good teacher would. Don't behave like a 25cl of power can disrupt ones senses and make one to act up.

Please, Femi a destination, don't talk at us. You were once among US. You will surely return to join the class of US someday and maybe return to power in another 35 years or so like your master, the President.

A concerned educator,
Thank-God Eboh.

Re: A Letter To Femi Adesina (sa To The President On Media/publicity) by eleko1: 3:19am On Apr 11, 2016
All will be wEll.Support Baba Daura/pray for NIG.

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Opinion / Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay / NPDC Yet To Pay $3.3 Billion For 8 Oil Licenses Acquired From NNPC — Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.