Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent (24797 Views)

Constitution Review: Why Presidential Assent Unnecessary - Saraki / Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent / 2016 Budget - Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by caphone: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
tit:
buhari has been exposed as a liar.

See! I told you one of em will metamorphose into tits and so I guessed right. Story of a pained tits
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by whitebeard(m): 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
can't blame them cause they are not meant to be there..only few up there care (not really care) about this country and try to make it great..GOD BLESS NIGERIA..✌
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Bimpe29: 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
APC led government seems to be lacking cohesion, synergy and unity of purpose.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by whitebeard(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
can't blame them cause they are not meant to be there most of those NASS guys where not brilliant in sch well what did they study POLITICAL SCIENCE..only few up there care (not really care) about this country and try to make it great..GOD BLESS NIGERIA..✌
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by asha80(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
SaintRobs:
Kindly educate me on what each member in National Assembly are doing with their consistency allowance? most of them are collecting these allowances,and few of them can show for it! my consistuency is part of where Saraki claims to be representing,till date no single project carried out by him. how do you want me to believe that the issues has not been politicized?
you quoted the wrong person
LadyExcellency:

The NASS said no going back on those project as they are meant for rural dwellers.
Nigeria doesn't belong to urban or metropolitan cities alone.
lame defence.if you do not understand the importance of rail in upliftment of both urban and rural people then you know next to nothing about importance and impact of rail whether the stations are in rural or urban settings..i guess borehole and town halls that can be built by state,local and even town unions are what will uplift a rural area?fg should be involved in building those? What happened to constituency allowance of these senators? Please enough of the silly argument just because you oppose buhari
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by TeamSimple(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
sparrowkid:
I laugh when I read some comments. Sometimes, some people would want us to believe that political campaigns are over. And yet, at every slight opportunity they have, they never fail to rub it in the face of their "assumed" political enemies. The greatest worry I have is for the Nigerian masses that have been used and used over time without necessary compensation.

PMB is fighting a real war with this set of people that refer to themselves as legislators. The problem is that most of them have been used to the traditional 'ghana must go' method that any idea of change is alien to them. They want the status quo to remain so that they can always perpetuate their grips on the national till. But they meet their match in the president who is bent on ridding the country of ineptitude.

Most observant Nigerians actually understand their antics. It is unfortunate that the president thought that he could work with anyone that emerged as the leaders of the national assembly simply because they belong to the same party. What he doesn't realise is that many of those people do not actually share in his vision of corruption-free Nigeria. If I were him, I would have seen myself as being alone in the fight to save the motherland.

The first face-off between the executive and the legislature was on the TSA issue. The national assembly wanted their accounts out of the TSA because they don't want their transactions to be monitored. But on the other hand, the president insisted that all accounts must be with the TSA. In a bid to force the president to recant, they (the legislators) raised a false alarm that some people have swindled the nation N25billion as commission. Even though they presented it as if they're very patriotic, but we know that it was an attempt to discredit the laudable initiative. At the end of their worthless hearing on the issue, no N25billion was found.

Secondly, immediately the Saraki's case started in CCT, they've been waiting for an opportunity to get their pound of flesh from the executive who was presumed to be behind his ordeal. Immediately the budget came, they started their game plan. While the copy of the budget in the Senate went missing, the one in the House of representatives remained intact. There was allegations and counter-allegations and at the end of the day, they succeeded in making mince of the budget simply because they wanted to demystify the person of the President. They wanted to show the world that the so-called "Mr Clean" is not as clean as he wanted us to believe. They found an ally in the disgruntled members of the public who already are disenchanted with the new administration because they have just be forcefully chased out from their "pot of porridge". So they came up with the issue of budget padding as if that is the first time they were seeing such.

It is now glaring that the whole noise about the budget is simply because they couldn't toy with it as usual. And moreso, the traditional "settlement" by the MDA's before their budgets could be passed is not possible again. So suddenly, they become "more patriotic and dedicated to the national duty" in such a way that they have to stress themselves to the limit in screening every line of the budget to discover any hidden ambiguities. But unfortunately, while telling us that several billions of naira have been illegally padded to the budget, they were just able to come out with removing a paltry sum of N17billion from the budget! They thought by making the noise, they would have at least shifted attention from their shenanigans.

It's over three weeks now that Senate President has promised to make the budgets of the national assembly public. Up till now, their so-called budget that is going to take care of just 469 people and their retinue of aides is still work in progress. We should never make the mistakes across party line. All of them are THIEVES. We remembered the then opposition in ACN that were campaigning against the jumbo pay of the national assembly. We all know the result as of now, all of them are beneficiaries of the jumbo pay without a single of them rejecting his own share. So, nobody should make distinction among them. They are united when it has to do with their pay but when it has to do with the people they claim to represent, it becomes politics simple.

So, I pity the people who are ceaselessly defending these "legally authorized" thieves. I ask of what use is their defence when in actual fact they have paid aide to do the dirty jobs. Our case is like what our elders would say "eepa n pa ara e, o ni oun n pa aja. Ojo ti aja ba ku n ko, eepa naa n re orun" (literally a louse is killing itself thinking that it's killing the dog. Doesn't it realise that the day the dog dies, itself would die?). So let's continue to make jest of ourselves thinking that we're spiting the government. A word is enough for the wise.
Best comment from the first quarter of the year on nairaland. KUDOS..
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ObinnaIzuora: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
sparrowkid:
I laugh when I read some comments. Sometimes, some people would want us to believe that political campaigns are over. And yet, at every slight opportunity they have, they never fail to rub it in the face of their "assumed" political enemies. The greatest worry I have is for the Nigerian masses that have been used and used over time without necessary compensation.

PMB is fighting a real war with this set of people that refer to themselves as legislators. The problem is that most of them have been used to the traditional 'ghana must go' method that any idea of change is alien to them. They want the status quo to remain so that they can always perpetuate their grips on the national till. But they meet their match in the president who is bent on ridding the country of ineptitude.

Most observant Nigerians actually understand their antics. It is unfortunate that the president thought that he could work with anyone that emerged as the leaders of the national assembly simply because they belong to the same party. What he doesn't realise is that many of those people do not actually share in his vision of corruption-free Nigeria. If I were him, I would have seen myself as being alone in the fight to save the motherland.

The first face-off between the executive and the legislature was on the TSA issue. The national assembly wanted their accounts out of the TSA because they don't want their transactions to be monitored. But on the other hand, the president insisted that all accounts must be with the TSA. In a bid to force the president to recant, they (the legislators) raised a false alarm that some people have swindled the nation N25billion as commission. Even though they presented it as if they're very patriotic, but we know that it was an attempt to discredit the laudable initiative. At the end of their worthless hearing on the issue, no N25billion was found.

Secondly, immediately the Saraki's case started in CCT, they've been waiting for an opportunity to get their pound of flesh from the executive who was presumed to be behind his ordeal. Immediately the budget came, they started their game plan. While the copy of the budget in the Senate went missing, the one in the House of representatives remained intact. There was allegations and counter-allegations and at the end of the day, they succeeded in making mince of the budget simply because they wanted to demystify the person of the President. They wanted to show the world that the so-called "Mr Clean" is not as clean as he wanted us to believe. They found an ally in the disgruntled members of the public who already are disenchanted with the new administration because they have just be forcefully chased out from their "pot of porridge". So they came up with the issue of budget padding as if that is the first time they were seeing such.

It is now glaring that the whole noise about the budget is simply because they couldn't toy with it as usual. And moreso, the traditional "settlement" by the MDA's before their budgets could be passed is not possible again. So suddenly, they become "more patriotic and dedicated to the national duty" in such a way that they have to stress themselves to the limit in screening every line of the budget to discover any hidden ambiguities. But unfortunately, while telling us that several billions of naira have been illegally padded to the budget, they were just able to come out with removing a paltry sum of N17billion from the budget! They thought by making the noise, they would have at least shifted attention from their shenanigans.

It's over three weeks now that Senate President has promised to make the budgets of the national assembly public. Up till now, their so-called budget that is going to take care of just 469 people and their retinue of aides is still work in progress. We should never make the mistakes across party line. All of them are THIEVES. We remembered the then opposition in ACN that were campaigning against the jumbo pay of the national assembly. We all know the result as of now, all of them are beneficiaries of the jumbo pay without a single of them rejecting his own share. So, nobody should make distinction among them. They are united when it has to do with their pay but when it has to do with the people they claim to represent, it becomes politics simple.

So, I pity the people who are ceaselessly defending these "legally authorized" thieves. I ask of what use is their defence when in actual fact they have paid aide to do the dirty jobs. Our case is like what our elders would say "eepa n pa ara e, o ni oun n pa aja. Ojo ti aja ba ku n ko, eepa naa n re orun" (literally a louse is killing itself thinking that it's killing the dog. Doesn't it realise that the day the dog dies, itself would die?). So let's continue to make jest of ourselves thinking that we're spiting the government. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by bluecircle470: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
NASS members are ' enemy of the state'! We have to expunged them.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by dragunov: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
tit:
buhari has been exposed as a liar.
So that's what you were able to glean from the write up. Ehn cowtit?
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Brilli5gist: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari has no plan for nigeria.d house has done her work ,the presidency should sign the budget n stop excuses n blame work.what then is the role of the house if they are meant to pass 100% of wat d presidency submitted.do we require d house 2 rubber stamp every proposal made by d president.d system is dat d president makes a budget proposal to d house which is subject 2 amendment by d house b4 assent.nigerian should not take this from d presidency.i ll continue 2 sound it clear that buhari has notin 2 offer but odas ll keep saying its too early to conclude.it is when u re completely drown ,submerge under water that u ll call 4 help.#impeachbuharinow2savenigeria
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by fujirice: 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Can we just move on already from this budget debacle?
How do we move forward from here?
As we are here trading blames with each other PMB's salary together with all the allowances and that of Saraki's and the senators enters their respective accounts as at when due. Sometimes it enters in advance sef while you and I continue to suffer as the country is grounded to a halt.
What is wrong with you people sef? The executive and the legislature should get their acts together and solve this problem once and for all!
Ah ahn!?
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by tammie24: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
Which presidency are they talking about? The one way dey china
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Syjibrin(f): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

The pagan god of Tinubu is too weak to kick out Saraki because he is backed by the true God therefore no shakingz
must everything be politicarised please receive brain
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Mackson01: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari is not lying. Let us tell the rep &Senate that we don't want constituency projects fraud. Lagos calabar rail project must be slotted in back.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Octech: 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
What is wrong with our NASS for God's sake? Why must they be playing politics on our lives. Saraki, Saraki, Saraki, I don't like that man from the onset. But our God will punish those who wants to punish us by frustrating baba's government @ our expense.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by Danielink: 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
The Game called Budget...

Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by 9ja4live: 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
sparrowkid:

The most effective thing the president would have done was to withdraw the first budget, apologize to Nigerians, go back and plan a new budget and re summit. The president created this problem. This same national assembly has stood for good causes also just like Mr Integrity president also has made stupid mistakes. They are all culpable. this motion to make the national assembly "devils" is crazy. The presidency should be schooled on how our type of democracy and government works. The presidency is not the government oh sir, its am arm of government. The presidency has so stupidly created disharmony within the government with the way they handled the other arms.
for this budget issue, the presidency is the first that should be labelled "THIEVES" before the national assembly. In short they have not stolen yet. The presidency stole the budget it submitted and snicked in with another padded budget and the minister Udo was the actor yet he's still siting with Oga Buhari to review budget. Hummm actions fully supported by Mr Integrity
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by GOFRONT(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2016
My Question is...Why do we now have a Rift between d Executive n d Nass as per the Budget issue??.....In d last administration we did not hear of anythin like dis??.....anyway there is no Smoke witout fire
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by skj1377(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
sparrowkid:

nice write up
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ElCapone(m): 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

i see am o... chai.. imagine if Buhari hadn't asked for a thorough review...
broz ma tots exactly, yet some ppl where calin him a dulard already.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ElCapone(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
LadyExcellency:
There has been no time in the history of democracy where the Presidency substitutes the "representatives" of the people.

Allow the Lawmakers do their work, NASS is not all about Saraki and Dogara rather approximately 450 elected representatives of our people.

If you are concerned about their proposals and bills, talk to them, protest their resolutions, actions and inaction. The same NASS defeated the third term agenda, stood against some "perceived" obnoxious policies of Jonathan administration when APC had their way in the chambers.

The NASS is not as immoral as the Executive where Power lies on the decision of one man. With Buhari's formula of 5% and 97%, the need for constituency projects become imperative because the implementation and execution are coordinated by the Executive.

mi o gbo sir
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ElCapone(m): 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
omenka:
Just negodu the audacity of these criminals.angry

Every discerning mind knows the hassle that's characterised this year's budget is simply as a result of the insistence of the executive not to grease the palms of the legislators as was the tradition in the past. Then it was all about taking the budget to the NASS accompanied by a bullion van from CBN, and the members distort figures as they like while you look the other way, then have the budget passed in record time with no questions asked.

The only objections we used to see then came from the press!

Today, Baba is fighting doggedly to retake the country from the claws of these beasts and they are putting up a mighty resistance. But with the assurance of who he is and the goodwill of patriotic citizens like myself and a whole lot of others on this forum, we know Baba will triumph.

It is but just a matter of time before we all start singing that good ol redemption song...
broz it shall be well wid u. May God fulfill all ur heart desirez.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ElCapone(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
Goke7:
No wonder obj went to aso rock to advise PMB not to fall into the trap set by the lawmakers by signing the damn budget already padded by saraki and his goons.

Truly PMB was right by insisting on seeing the details
just imagine say nah jonah.
Re: 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent by ElCapone(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
sparrowkid:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ore Falomo Is Dead / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / Tinubu Meets APC Governors After His Trip To Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.