Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,354 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? (6095 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Ribadu - Nigeria Buys Black Market Weapons To Fight Boko Haram / Ribadu - Nigeria’s Sinking Ship And The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by vigasimple(m): 2:10am On Aug 10, 2009
I have study the history of this country, and I can tell you that selective justice or not, there is no one that came close to RIBADU in his fight against corruption in Nigeria.

I would argue that due process, and rule of law nonsense is what criminals who do corruption hid behind, they can pay judges and everybody to deny us basic necesities of life while looting our resources. Infact we should use Thunder to fight their fire. ANIMALS CALLING THEMSELVES HUMANS BEINGS.

I noticed some 'team  of defenders of status quo and corruption' saying all sort of things about RIBADU and trying to justify it with some elloquence and persuasion.

Let me also be clear that Nigeria is unlike most countries of the world, CORRUPTION IS A MINISTRY ON HIS OWN, and it has a much bigger life than anything, and what it does is to compromise most people or blackmail and bully,threathen lives of the ones that refuses to be initiated.

I dare say that even if our Lord Jesus Christ come to Nigeria to fight corruption, some of this cyber defender of corruption will ask for his identity for him to prove to them who exactly he his, not because they don't know but because they part-take in the looting or their families and friends are corruption fertilizers. So they don't like their livelihood stopped.

It is like saying to a generator or diesel dealers that you want to build electricity withing 6 months and that they should join in the building efforts.

Some vocal minority of Nigerians are the ones that breed corruption, and RIBADU selective justice that jail criminals is a threat to them. Stop smearing RIBADU's name, and please name anyone living or dead in Nigeria who has come closer to him in pursuing Corruption.

WAZIRI  has ben in ofice now for nearly 2 years , why did she not now pursue those that RIBADU has not pursue rather than making noises of what RIBADU has or has not done.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by cudababa: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
Lets not digress from the issues!! Obama and Ribadu are nothing alike. thats one!! secondly this topic is on Ribadu and not waziri,
The facts
Ribadu was able to pursue anti-corruption cases against sitting governors and people in the corridors of power, yes we all agree
Was he a tool in the hands of Obasanjo? yes we all agree too!! His claims of having clean hands thus becomes a moot point. He was used a whip to make all enemies of obasanjo both real and percieved to fall in line.
He released a list of corrupt politicians and the famous ones in the lot i.e Ibori's and Igbinedion's were not even mentioned!!! The list contained only the people deemed corrupt by our corrupt OBJ!!! and yet Nigerians hero worship him like Obama? Please?
If anybody should aspire to the post of President. its not by flagrant disregard for laws and due process but by leaders that have engaged the populace and brought about real change that we can see, touch and feel.
If anyone should have our vote for president then it should be Fashola cos we have seen a crazy city Lagos gradually getting a sense of civility, not by the whip or cane but by appealing to the better nature of the citizenry
Ribadu should hold his head in shame for the opportunity he had and lost to foerver write his name in Gold in Nigeria, he could have even indicted OBJ and then ran away, at least we the people would know the truth but he choose to side with villany and is complaining when its his turn to be butt whipped. he can never win an election in Nigeria, even if it were not rigged
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2009
cudababa:

Lets not digress from the issues!! Obama and Ribadu are nothing alike. thats one!! secondly this topic is on Ribadu and not waziri,
The facts
Ribadu was able to pursue anti-corruption cases against sitting governors and people in the corridors of power, yes we all agree
Was he a tool in the hands of Obasanjo? yes we all agree too!! His claims of having clean hands thus becomes a moot point. He was used a whip to make all enemies of obasanjo both real and percieved to fall in line.
He released a list of corrupt politicians and the famous ones in the lot i.e Ibori's and Igbinedion's were not even mentioned!!! The list contained only the people deemed corrupt by our corrupt OBJ!!! and yet Nigerians hero worship him like Obama? Please?
If anybody should aspire to the post of President. its not by flagrant disregard for laws and due process but by leaders that have engaged the populace and brought about real change that we can see, touch and feel.
If anyone should have our vote for president then it should be Fashola cos we have seen a crazy city Lagos gradually getting a sense of civility, not by the whip or cane but by appealing to the better nature of the citizenry
Ribadu should hold his head in shame for the opportunity he had and lost to foerver write his name in Gold in Nigeria, he could have even indicted OBJ and then ran away, at least we the people would know the truth but he choose to side with villany and is complaining when its his turn to be butt whipped. he can never win an election in Nigeria, even if it were not rigged

So much wisdom in your post.
The man failed, the man had the opportunity and allow the fear and greed to make it slip thru his fingers, History will surely judge him and OBJ
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by shawn123: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2009
i think i would stay on a long queue for hours in the hot sun to vote for a man like Ribadu for Nigerian president, considering the position he held, he would have been one of the wealthiest man in Nigerian but truth be told, he is a good person, thats my opinion though
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Sunnami: 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
cudababa

'He released a list of corrupt politicians and the famous ones in the lot i.e Ibori's and Igbinedion's were not even mentioned!!! The list contained only the people deemed corrupt by our corrupt OBJ'
The last time I checked these duo topped Ribadu's list. In fact it is the main reason they are looking for his head, the same way Herodias sought the head of John the baptist. Please check your facts.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by cudababa: 2:54am On Aug 11, 2009
Sunami,
I think you are entitled to your own opinions as am i!! My opinion of Ribadu is one of lost opportunity and he is being hounded because he allowed himself to be used as OBJ;s whipping boy and now OBJ is no more in power.
He chased Adenuga out of Nigeria not because Adenuga was a filthy politician but because Adenuga was funding opposition to his master's third term plan. He went after Alameseigha not because he was filthy (which he was) but because the man was one of the governors that nearly frustrated his master's second term comeback, the list goes on and on!!Is that anti=corruption? looks like grand standing from my own view point
He who comes to equity must come to it with clean hands. Once your hands get soiled, they are soiled. Wether he stole money or not is irrelevant. He was used to perpetuate a lie and thus is a liar himself, Nothing he says or does can change that!! I for one will stand in the hot sun to vote against him
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2009
cudababa:

Sunami,
I think you are entitled to your own opinions as am i!! My opinion of Ribadu is one of lost opportunity and he is being hounded because he allowed himself to be used as OBJ;s whipping boy and now OBJ is no more in power.
He chased Adenuga out of Nigeria not because Adenuga was a filthy politician but because Adenuga was funding opposition to his master's third term plan. He went after Alameseigha not because he was filthy (which he was) but because the man was one of the governors that nearly frustrated his master's second term comeback, the list goes on and on!!Is that anti=corruption? looks like grand standing from my own view point
He who comes to equity must come to it with clean hands. Once your hands get soiled, they are soiled. Wether he stole money or not is irrelevant. He was used to perpetuate a lie and thus is a liar himself, Nothing he says or does can change that!! I for one will stand in the hot sun to vote against him

I wish people will read what they are saying before posting. Just how in the world can you justify that statement while tackling Ribadu? It is very hypocritical at the very least. As far as i am concerned, Alamesigha should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life. The wealth that he stole could have prevented many lives lost on the highways if it was used to fix them. As I have said before using Ribadu's words: "Crime fights back when you try to fight it".

Most of us (the incorruptible ones) will not even bother responding to this thread if we were indifferent about Ribadu. The Energy some people are using to debase him obviously show that it is a personal thing. In my many debates online and offline, I am still yet to meet a honest Nigerian ho wasn't happy about Ribadu. There may be some "buts" but, overall, we are happy that there was a Ribadu.

And then there is also the issue of these people pointing fingers and looking for faults in the man, I am certain that many of these people have highly flawed characters, which makes them very hypocritical when they seek the perfect human being in Ribadu. With the enormous burden of being within the power play of Nigeria, and constantly being sought by people with mega-amounts of cash, Ribadu has come out with flying colors. With all their loot and power, not one of them could compromise Ribadu with cash. If they had, we'd have heard it ages ago. If these power houses cannot find one instance that they can use to degrade Ribadu, other than going after Obasanjo's enemies, who happen to also be crooks, then eat your hearts out.

Ribadu has still been the best we have had so far!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by wirinet(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2009
larez:

I wish people will read what they are saying before posting. Just how in the world can you justify that statement while tackling Ribadu? It is very hypocritical at the very least. As far as i am concerned, Alamesigha should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life. The wealth that he stole could have prevented many lives lost on the highways if it was used to fix them. As I have said before using Ribadu's words: "Crime fights back when you try to fight it".

Most of us (the incorruptible ones) will not even bother responding to this thread if we were indifferent about Ribadu. The Energy some people are using to debase him obviously show that it is a personal thing. In my many debates online and offline, I am still yet to meet a honest Nigerian ho wasn't happy about Ribadu. There may be some "buts" but, overall, we are happy that there was a Ribadu.

And then there is also the issue of these people pointing fingers and looking for faults in the man, I am certain that many of these people have highly flawed characters, which makes them very hypocritical when they seek the perfect human being in Ribadu. With the enormous burden of being within the power play of Nigeria, and constantly being sought by people with mega-amounts of cash, Ribadu has come out with flying colors. With all their loot and power, not one of them could compromise Ribadu with cash. If they had, we'd have heard it ages ago. If these power houses cannot find one instance that they can use to degrade Ribadu, other than going after Obasanjo's enemies, who happen to also be crooks, then eat your hearts out.

Ribadu has still been the best we have had so far!!!

Larez,

Being my one of my favourite persons on Nairaland, i was disappointed by your above post.

First, i am not Ijaw, and my people and the Ijaws do not get along well. Secondly i am from Delta State. So i have no reason to defend Alamiesegha. My driving force in life is Justice and Equity. So from your assertion that Alamiesigha should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life, then i should add that Ibori, should spend many life times maybe three or four life times, because he stole far more than Alamiesegha. Same with Odilli and Igbenedion. Among ex-Nigerdelta Governors i can say Alams theft would rank among the lowest. So thought Ribadu's supporters should demand for the files of investigation carried out on these governors, at least let him explain why Odilli's name was not in his corruption list.

It was not the wealth that Alams stole that cost many lives on the highways, because firstly, highways fall within the purview of the federal Government, and secondly, the budget of a state cannot accommodate the construction of highways in a difficult terrain like the Nigerdelta. Your accusation should be directed at Tony Anineh and past minsters of works who spent billions maintaining the roads to give us pot holes.

I oppose to your categorization of people into incorruptible and corruptible based on which side of the Ribadu divide one falls into. There is no basis for it. It is like me accusing all Ribadu supporters as Lawless and human rights violators.

I am sure if a poll is carried out among Nigerians living in Nigeria, i do not think Ribadu's supporters would carry the day. I wish the governments stops its vindictive persecution of Ribadu and allow him to run for office, then all Ribadu's human rights abuses would come back and hunt him.

Yes I acknowledge that no human is perfect, but we should always strive for perfection - that is my motto. But we should not us that to justify any abuse. That is why i am often surprised that Ribadu has a lot of supporters from Nigerian,s in Diaspora, because someone of Ribadu's hypocrisy would not make it near any elective office. Of course their excuse would be that Nigeria is different and you need a certain amount of lawlessness to make things work. but it was the same people that labeled the Idiagbon/Buhari government as draconian, and rejoiced when it was overthrown.

Yes i acknowledge Ribadu did not steal personally or accept bribes, or the government would have happily used it to hang him. That i give to him. But he was corrupted with position, power and ambition.

In terms of Integrity, i would put the late Idiagbon and Okonjo Iweala ahead of him. Imagine what would have happened if OBJ made Idiagbon EFCC chairman then, I am sure people like IBB, Abdulsalami, and lots of others would book their flights out of Nigeria before he assumes office. A i am dead sure OBJ would not have been able to remote control him.

Ribadu can be compared to Dora Akinyuli, when she was at NAFDAC, she was fearless and uncompromising, she got everybody's support (including mine), but what happened when she got a federal appointment, she became a government stooge. So you can see that she was more ambitious than principled.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by seeme2(f): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
Cudababa, when did i sit down with you to agree to the falacy that Ribadu;s was OBJ's tool?
So much mismoner coming from NLanders!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Topsido(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
seeme2:

Cudababa, when did i sit down with you to agree to the falacy that Ribadu;s was OBJ's tool?
So much mismoner coming from NLanders!
Word!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by ogbongzky(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2009
ever think of FASHOLA - RIBADU combination in ASO rock come 2011?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hello Wirinet:

I find it unfortunate that we disagree on the subject of Ribadu. Going by what you wrote, it has the implication that my last post was addressed to you in particular. This is incorrect and yes, it was addressed at a couple of previous posters just before I added that post. In a bid not to miss any of the points that you have raised, I will edit your post with my comments. Here it goes:

wirinet:

Larez,

Being my one of my favourite persons on Nairaland, i was disappointed by your above post.

First, i am not Ijaw, and my people and the Ijaws do not get along well. Secondly i am from Delta State. So i have no reason to defend Alamiesegha[i](Never thought you were out defending Alameiseyah[/i]. My driving force in life is Justice and Equity (In Nigeria, this does not exist, and the closest that the common man got to seeing some justice done, was when Ribadu paraded the crooks). So from your assertion that Alamiesigha should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life, then i should add that Ibori, should spend many life times maybe three or four life times, because he stole far more than Alamiesegha. Same with Odilli and Igbenedion. Among ex-Nigerdelta Governors i can say Alams theft would rank among the lowest. So thought Ribadu's supporters should demand for the files of investigation carried out on these governors, at least let him explain why Odilli's name was not in his corruption list. (Since my reference was not particularly directed at Niger Delta leaders, but to all the crooked leaders that we have leading us in Nigeria, I may as well add that each and everyone of them should rot in prison and not jail).

It was not the wealth that Alams stole that cost many lives on the highways, because firstly, highways fall within the purview of the federal Government, and secondly, the budget of a state cannot accommodate the construction of highways in a difficult terrain like the Nigerdelta. Your accusation should be directed at Tony Anineh and past minsters of works who spent billions maintaining the roads to give us pot holes. (See above, same applies. It was a general statement directed at all the crooks)

I oppose to your categorization of people into incorruptible and corruptible based on which side of the Ribadu divide one falls into. There is no basis for it. It is like me accusing all Ribadu supporters as Lawless and human rights violators. (Ribadu has been a measure for me about characters in Nigeria. Outside of Nairaland, I have seen a trend where all the 419ers and crooks that I came across all hated Ribadu. However, people who live upright and are not involved in scams or frauds could care less which of the crooks Ribadu locked up).

I am sure if a poll is carried out among Nigerians living in Nigeria, i do not think Ribadu's supporters would carry the day. I wish the governments stops its vindictive persecution of Ribadu and allow him to run for office, then all Ribadu's human rights abuses would come back and hunt him. From my experience, I will bet against your poll result, as I have stated above. But if the poll sampling was done in the midst of many crooks as we see in Nigeria, then you may have a point.)

Yes I acknowledge that no human is perfect, but we should always strive for perfection - that is my motto. But we should not us that to justify any abuse. (At this point you make me begin to worry. Abuse to me is mainly being perpetrated by the Big crooks who are denying the average Nigerian from having a chance to live[list]
[li] properly. They are also unfortunately the new role models for Nigerian youth who have now taken up nefarious activities.)[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[/i]That is why i am often surprised that Ribadu has a lot of supporters from Nigerian,s in Diaspora, because someone of Ribadu's hypocrisy would not make it near any elective office. Of course their excuse would be that Nigeria is different and you need a certain amount of lawlessness to make things work. but it was the same people that labeled the Idiagbon/Buhari government as draconian, and rejoiced when it was overthrown. [i]If hypocrisy is all that Ribadu is guilty of, then he is the preferred Devil that the rest of us will accept, because for some time, he efectively stifled looting)

Yes I acknowledge Ribadu did not steal personally or accept bribes, or the government would have happily used it to hang him. That I give to him. But he was corrupted with position, power and ambition. I'll give you credit for this statement which confirms my previous comment. Isn't this much better than Waziri who was receiving gifts of Mercedes Jeeps and celebrating with her friends high style? Sahara reporters claim that she also attempted to harrass the dealer who delivered the vehicle from the paymaster, and accused him of planting a tracking device. Isn't Ribadu a refreshing breath?)

In terms of Integrity, i would put the late Idiagbon and Okonjo Iweala ahead of him. (How could you scale his integrity when all you have to base it on is the selective prosecution as you mentioned earlier? Do you remember when Ribadu went to University of Ibadan and made some scating statements about Adedibu right there in Ibadan? Well, Obasanjo must have chewed him out for that, but at least we all knew where Ribadu stood, until his Boss came interfering? In civilized countries, Obasanjo would have been sent to prison for interferring in a Federal case.)[/i]Imagine what would have happened if OBJ made Idiagbon EFCC chairman then, I am sure people like IBB, Abdulsalami, and lots of others would book their flights out of Nigeria before he assumes office. A i am dead sure OBJ would not have been able to remote control him.

Ribadu can be compared to Dora Akinyuli, when she was at NAFDAC, she was fearless and uncompromising, she got everybody's support (including mine), but what happened when she got a federal appointment, she became a government stooge. So you can see that she was more ambitious than principled.
[i]Ribadu still single-handedly made change in Nigeria. He brought back some credibility which brought investors back to Nigeria, and also created a better risk rating for the country. How many Nigerian heroes have there been for the current generation? Why is Nigeria a joke among Nations? Why are we being treated badly at Airports and cities abroad? The reason lies right here in this argument. We hang and kill all our heroes, and end up being left with none. For what Ribadu achieved in Nigeria, he deserves much credit.

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by chidichris(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
Larez,

First, i am not Ijaw, and my people and the Ijaws do not get along well. Secondly i am from Delta State. So i have no reason to defend Alamiesegha. My driving force in life is Justice and Equity. So from your assertion that Alamiesigha should be rotting in jail for the rest of his life, then i should add that Ibori, should spend many life times maybe three or four life times, because he stole far more than Alamiesegha. Same with Odilli and Igbenedion. Among ex-Nigerdelta Governors i can say Alams theft would rank among the lowest. So thought Ribadu's supporters should demand for the files of investigation carried out on these governors, at least let him explain why Odilli's name was not in his corruption list.

It was not the wealth that Alams stole that cost many lives on the highways, because firstly, highways fall within the purview of the federal Government, and secondly, the budget of a state cannot accommodate the construction of highways in a difficult terrain like the Nigerdelta. Your accusation should be directed at Tony Anineh and past minsters of works who spent billions maintaining the roads to give us pot holes.

I oppose to your categorization of people into incorruptible and corruptible based on which side of the Ribadu divide one falls into. There is no basis for it. It is like me accusing all Ribadu supporters as Lawless and human rights violators.

I am sure if a poll is carried out among Nigerians living in Nigeria, i do not think Ribadu's supporters would carry the day. I wish the governments stops its vindictive persecution of Ribadu and allow him to run for office, then all Ribadu's human rights abuses would come back and hunt him.

Yes I acknowledge that no human is perfect, but we should always strive for perfection - that is my motto. But we should not us that to justify any abuse. That is why i am often surprised that Ribadu has a lot of supporters from Nigerian,s in Diaspora, because someone of Ribadu's hypocrisy would not make it near any elective office. Of course their excuse would be that Nigeria is different and you need a certain amount of lawlessness to make things work. but it was the same people that labeled the Idiagbon/Buhari government as draconian, and rejoiced when it was overthrown.

Yes i acknowledge Ribadu did not steal personally or accept bribes, or the government would have happily used it to hang him. That i give to him. But he was corrupted with position, power and ambition.

In terms of Integrity, i would put the late Idiagbon and Okonjo Iweala ahead of him. Imagine what would have happened if OBJ made Idiagbon EFCC chairman then, I am sure people like IBB, Abdulsalami, and lots of others would book their flights out of Nigeria before he assumes office. A i am dead sure OBJ would not have been able to remote control him.

@wirinet,
u have just made my day. u have made points that are conviencing enough for ppl to revisit their stands.

ribadu was out for a type of justice known as selective justice. HOW?

1. abacha probe - is anyone here out to say abacha was the only corrupt past ghead of state/president?
2. his administration saw over 38 govs in office and we are mearnt to understand that only 3 or four are corrupt, is that true?
3. alams was humilated out of office based on corruption with goodluck as a replacement, what new things did goodluck do in bayelsa and what qualities made him vice president?
4. what happened to atiku's case and why is atiku not in jail?
5. among all the federal projects paid for in contracts, non was executed and nobody answered for them like our power supply, roads, security and other projects that obj govt awarded contracts on. who are responsible?
6.the most important role of ribadu came during the 2007 elections when ribadu was the last screening officer who made politicians to withdraw forcefully leaving his master's pet as the only clean candidate.

selective justice is the reason for the situation in nigeria today and as long as we leave like hypocrites, we will continue our round-about movement.
ribadu would have been better off if he made effort to establish an institution while he was in efcc rather than making nigeria his personal business just to suit the purpose of that madman who brought him on board. today, we are paying the price of ribadu/obj's madness that ushered the sick and weak minded toy in the name of yar adua with no institutions to work with.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Wirinet:

Dude, The preliminaries of the Townhomes I discussed with you have been just posted. Take a look at them and let me know what you think. The project needs financing, which I will push on to you. (I know sey you sabi dem big money peeples). lol. Here's the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-308995.0.html
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by wirinet(m): 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
Larez, i appreciate your modification of your views on Ribadu, it is a sign of greatness to argue and accept ones errors of judgment based on arguments. Most people here see debates as an ego contest and sometimes resort to abuses when presented with cogent arguments. Sir, i respect you the more.

I am looking at the Townhouses now and will make my input after i had studied them.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by OWAMNBE: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? Why not?
Ribadu for President 2015: Sure person, if he signifies his interest in the PrPresidency015, He will not only win, but will bring a new hope, change, identity and self believe back to our beloved country. I know that the ''HAWKS'' are planning well ahead as usual, but Nigerians will refused to be manipulated this time around, pls somebody to put this date down in their dairy, Yaradua Implement Uwais Report on Electoral Reform.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
OWAMNBE:

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? Why not?
Ribadu for President 2015: Sure person, if he signifies his interest in the PrPresidency015, He will not only win, but will bring a new hope, change, identity and self believe back to our beloved country. I know that the ''HAWKS'' are planning well ahead as usual, but Nigerians will refused to be manipulated this time around, pls somebody to put this date down in their dairy, Yaradua Implement Uwais Report on Electoral Reform.

What makes him to be eligible for your vote apart from the fact that he is a Nigeria and of age to contest?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by pixiraver(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2009
I have always liked Ribadu for the way he challenged corrupt governors, 419ers etc in Nigeria but i still fear that Nigeria will continue to fight an internal war with itself for years to come. They will continue to fight just the way the Palestinians and the Israelites have been fighting for over 2000 years.

I read on facebook, punch, vanguard, nairaland, sahara and so many other websites about Nigerians opposing corruption yet we can't take a firm stand and tackle corruption. We need someone who is totally disciplined like Ribadu to take Nigeria to the next level, we need a Ribadu and Fashola combination to treat and heal Nigeria. Forget sentiments, i don't care if a Nigerian from the border of Seme can solve our problems let the person come in and do so.

The Nigerian government keeps complaining about gas pipelines been blown up causing in the inavailability of gas to provide electricity yet the EU is planning to setup Solar Panels in the Sahara to provide Europe with power, why can't we do so for Nigeria? We hear them talking about Nuclear energy, anyone who wants to setup up a nuclear plant must do so in his village.

Nigerians have been craving for a change, we need a Ribadu to bring about that change.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by integrty: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thinking on this level is why our country/Africa will never move forward.

If you want to analyze a situation, please do so with logic and facts. People love the sound of their voices, in that chaos they fail to find the truth or the answers to their problems. Long i pondered? what drives the Nigerian reasoning? why is there no black nation on the world stage (1st world category)? Why? so many questions. Is it religion? Is it Racism? Or in our nature to be unable to do anything right? Or culture? with The amount of Nigerians going to church why is our country still corrupt?

I leave you to ponder while you read on.

What qualifies person to run a country or state? Even at this moment most state governors are clueless as to what to do. Giving out road contracts and planting a few flowers here and there will not change the lives of the little guys at the bottom of societies pyramid.
As a starting point you need policies that will favor a free market system. Where industries will be created, creating employment, creating taxable revenue(reducing dependence on oil), Thats a topic for another thread, but this leads me to Ribadu.

Arresting people without proper investigations, violating court orders, allegations of gross human right abuses, showing incredible contempt to your superiors and running around like a spoiled child that didn't get what he wanted. DOES NOT QUALIFY HIM TO BE MY PRESIDENT.

Nuhu is nothing but a charlatan, a deceiver and an opportunist. He has his tentacles in the media. Able to tune them to his own advantage. As to how, i'm clueless. But i know of money changing hands, editors and journalist smiling to the banks when you need to launder your image in the Nigerian media. So much attention shouldn't be given to them.

I'm fighting my own war against this country. Personal war. With brains, not muscle. With computers, intelligence,informants (it seems Nigerians like to talk a lot, not knowing what is classified or not) and my courage.

You will know propaganda when you see it. If people are paid to to blogg service? I'm on nobodies side.
Nuhu i know or knew, from a distance. You know the kind of hausa guy with a fleet of cars more than a few wives basically living beyond his means. This was before he became EFCC. How many of his colleagues could afford to have bags of foreign currencies kept at home for their kids and house helps to pilfer through? Yes you don't get info like this in the newspapers. His entire carrier in the police before EFCC WAS A DESK JOB. H e had never held any operational or command post or Authority. He had always had godfathers, unlike every other officer. His dons had long legs to influence the appointment of one of their kins man to the chair of EFCC.
Saint my bottom, i hate to be taken for a ride. And he has been doing this to the idiots(mugus) who believe in his cause. Maybe i should give you the name of his cleaner (launderer, magicians, mule, disappearing men, for lame ducks. In my circle, these terms are used for the assets that help our politicians in taking stolen money out of the country). This asset will tell you that dubai, Gh and the Caribbean are the new swiss banks for offshore money laundering, and how he cleans and irons Nuhu's cash he got through had work. If there is such a thing as had work for office holder in Nigeria. Have any of your seen $5 million in cash. You are going to have a hard-on immediately, you think the police are corrupt. Isn't it the customs and immigrations job to check people leaving the country with such amounts. Or i remember!! diplomats are not in that category. Since you can pay to get anything in this country, i doubt if some cleaner diplomats are really who they are. Everything has a price in Nigeria. Every man has a price too.
Ibori offered him $15mil, and he turned down. Off course do you know how my Obj blessed his obedient Nuhu. I'm sure he must have felt insulted. Either that or he wanted that I.G post more.

So many questions,

What happened to all the loot recovered from the hand full of politicians he arrested. The ones with sticky fingers and brave enough to challenge the General Obj. Obviously the weren't the ones with the stickiest fingers. Someone who doesn't keep records cannot be my president. So much wealth unaccounted for.

He is a sharp guy right. Likes to talk big, with big ambitions. There is a saying in politics '' be nice to people on your way up, you may meet them or need their help on your way down. If he is so smart he should know if his ambitions are too big he shuold come down to earth. I see him manipulating the media to his advantage with every opportunity. That is his gift, i can't beef that. As a crime fighter i believe he was useless. No ivestigation, no gahtering of evidence nothing. All he did was to be judge, jury and executioner on the pages of our shameless and disgusting media. Which is as corrupt as the Nigerian state. We all like to point fingers and say ''there goes the bad guy'' the thief,
We all know how we get by, the cop on the road being payed 8000 a month knows how he gets by, the civil servant in the ministries know how they get by, the private security guards being payed 15000 know how they get by. No one survives on salary in this country. If giving the opportunity when being paid like a slave 99.9999% of us will rape this country and plunder till there is nothing left. My own opinion is we are all corrupt and there are no saints among us , definitely no saint Nuhu, so he shud shut the frack up, come back home, defend himself and taste the Nigerian justice he served when he was the judge, jury and executioner. He is a coward and no coward can be my Pres.

So no comparisons to your new rock and roll star Obama who hasn't been hit by he real world yet.

Tired of typing, with all the things i know i can't surely feel comfortable staying long. Ciao

Ignorant zombies, buying anything the mass media feed them. Look at a situation and judge with facts and logic. If you don't know anything don't argue. Just shut the frack up go under a rock and hide. And Reply me from there.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by kuramo: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
Integrty.

It's very obvious you are one of those proxy bloggers charged with the sole purpose of carrying out opposition research on Ribadu.  I believe you understand my assertion.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by integrty: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
kuramo>>>>>>>

off course i do my research. you do not bring a knife to a gun fight.

if you are going to be ignorant and make an argument without facts.

PLS GO UNDER A ROCK AND STAY THERE. STAY THERE
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by kuramo: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2009
I'm not wasting my time on someone with poor intellect like you. You obviously don't get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shame On CAC (corporate Affairs Commission ) Pictures / Top 10 Africa Youngest President / Breaking: APC Now Have 86 Senators Out 109 And Counting..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.