Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? (581 Views)

Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / "Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? by plaetton: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
How often have you queried yourself about the things that you believe?
How often have you doubted the beliefs that you hold so dear in your heart?

Are your beliefs resident in your heart or in your thinking rational mind?

Which is temporary and which is permanent to you ,.the existential questions or the answers ?

How you answer these questions determine to a great extent, how sincere you are to yourself about what you believe or don't believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? by erusen: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
plaetton:

Which is temporary and which is permanent to you ,.the existential questions or the answers ?

How you answer these questions determine to a great extent, how sincere you are to yourself about what you believe or don't believe.

yea I hit the rock some years ago in faith.,yea I also came back,but sometimes I just have An undecided mode about everything and anything.I am just trying not to warp my head around things a bit and enjoy my life.
nobody is ever totally sure of his beliefs we just dazzle the puzzle? but at the moment I have more reasons to believe in what I believe that more reason not to believe.

1 Like

Re: How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
plaetton:

I do query myself about what I belief regularly. I can't state how often I do this cos am the question type. my mind can just pump out question any time. Any answer I give myself that is not sincere, my mind will keep reminding me of that - that am just deceiving myself. And one thing I hate is when I think am deceiving myself. So I don't allow that to happen.

So I can tell myself - "hey, I don't accept this teaching or that teaching", but since my faith doesn't allow one to teach ones in the same faith what they dont teach, I keep it to myself, and keep researching to see whether I can see reasons with that teaching (I can also ask mature Xtians questions about my doubts). if i still see that something is wrong somewhere, I ll keep waiting cos my religion do change if they notice there mistakes. I love them for that.

My religion discourages blind obedience or gullibility. You required to prove the teaching to ursef.

I don't hate lying to myself. at my age, I don pass that level.

1 Like

Re: How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? by virginboy1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
plaetton:

When I decided to use my brain to ascertain the Bible instead of my heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Have You Doubted Your Beliefs ? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
i started doubting all religions 5 years ago

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7 Common Reasons For Why People Believe In A God / What Is Christianity? Check Out This Simple Explanation (Video). / Paul,thebible,pastors. The Greatest Problem Of Jesus Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.