Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Fraud In Slot Limited - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fraud In Slot Limited (50670 Views)

[video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Please share it briefly. Injustice somewhere, is a threat to justice everywhere.

In descending order of recentness:

Slot, Mayfair, Ife:

A lecturer of mine saw my recently purchase Tecno Droidpad and wanted to purchase exactly the same device. He went to slot & bought the device without my knowledge. Unfortunately for him, the tablet he bought had some kind of factory defect that made it undetectable by USB ports especially USB 2.0 ports.
We went back to slot together to lodge a complaint but we were not well attended to at all. Infact the presence of a man of international repute, over 65 years old did not give those ill-mannered girls at slot a molecule of sense. They were very rude. Ultimately, nothing reasonable was done & my lecturer is still 'managing' the tablet that way till date.

Slot, Muritala Mohammed way, Ilorin:
These ones sold a windows phone under the guise of Android to my Aunt fraudulently by installing a 3rd party application to give the phone an Android look. I later got to know the phone had Android support anyway. Again the sales representatives were very rude.

Slot, Osogbo:
I went there for an enquiry during National Youth Service a few years back. Just plain rude.

The management of slot needs to teach their employees how to relate with customers or they will lose a great chunk of them.
Personally, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them anymore.

7 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Lexusgs430: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Purchased an Infinix Note from slot in November 2015.
My friend departed home,while I took a short trip to Ibadan.
She turned on the phone on arrival at home, lo and behold, a couple of numbers and messages were already logged on the whatsapp app.

I told her to return the phone to SLOT Adeniran Ogunsanya, but she decided to await my arrival. In the intervening period, she was already using the phone.
Returned to SLOT on arrival, initially started speaking with the sales girls, who seem to fob me off. I requested to see the manager.

Manager was summoned, he actually spoke to me in a gentle manner and was very humble. He stated that assuming phone was returned immediately, the matter could have been dealt with. That since the phone has a year warranty, we should return device if any issues presented itself.
So far so good so far................. (my friend says)
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dayojags10(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
I know one thing abt slot, and dat is all my phones wey I dy always buy from dem no dy reach 3months before dem go pick me. Abi nah dose b**tards dy send pick pocket make dem pick me?, I bought a brand new blackberry q10 from their store at computer village, ikeja october 1st last year for 39k. How the phone disappeared after just 2days baffles me till date, I almost craze dat day. Thinking of getting the new Iphone SE from deir store but m beginning to doubt deir credibility. Who make we trust sef?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Mkmoney(m): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
Didn't you hear the name SLOT=ASH*W*.tori plenty but let it pass they ain't credible anymore.... Dem Don cast
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by umohlee(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
GOD HELP US ALL
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Cannonleo(m): 11:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Slot matter which I have concluded since.
Once bought a defective HTC one mini for 54k for my anty. Found out that the supposed well packaged phone had its screen replaced before hand and it's charger changed. The calibrator was wish nd autotyped itself once the keyboard was launched.returned it back to them to recieve the worst reception in my life by their staff in illorin.
Nah when my aunt vex call her hubby who unfortunately for them was in a bad mood that day and made some calls to a bunch of military friends of his . That was matter close nd my anty got her refund.

Til day neither I nor her patronize slot again

5 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by aluko360(m): 2:54am On Apr 12, 2016
rammer87:
Cure your acne

Nah Slot you buy this item too?

3 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 12, 2016
i have bought a powerbank from slot at a high price,thinking it was original. the powerbank can only charge phone once,and it will become dead.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by CrownV12(m): 3:50am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636
this is corporate fraud my brother. In some countries youd be smiling to the bank right now after a verdict against them. Thievery
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by onatisi(m): 3:58am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

At times when luck and fortune smiles on you ,you have to be alert and smart to spot it. This could be ur own way of making mega bucks. But if you.wait too long then the chance will slip by

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by MENFASHIONCLUB(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

How much and where is your store?

The price of our BULLDOG charger is #2000. You have to order and we ship to u. While u pay on delivery. Remember, you have a whole 30days warranty on it. Cheers!
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by AmbodOfLASU: 7:07am On Apr 12, 2016
MENFASHIONCLUB:

The price of our BULLDOG charger is #2000. You have to order and we ship to u. While u pay on delivery. Remember, you have a whole 30days warranty on it. Cheers!

What is the input and output of the charger?
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by AmbodOfLASU: 7:07am On Apr 12, 2016
onatisi:

At times when luck and fortune smiles on you ,you have to be alert and smart to spot it. This could be ur own way of making mega bucks. But if you.wait too long then the chance will slip by

Hmmmn... How? Lalasticlala howfa now? We need this on Front Page. Cc Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by kudos4u(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2016
I don't think I need to get to slot before getting a good charger that can serve me long.Get your self a very good charger like mine pic below

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by ayamAgenius: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Have you forgotten twitter? Go there and fire their asses. Na so Konga sell defective phone gimme and started spewing thrash. I fired them on twitter and threaten them with a lawsuit on the long run. I was treated like a king. I was given the option of cash refund or replacement of product. Give that a shot!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olagamalin(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2016
OP .....you started with a lie, your school is anything but prestigious. That been said, I think you should have caused enough uproar in returning the said charger that your coming here will just be testimony. In other words, BE CRAZY
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by nenergy(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2016
OP, I have tweeted at them. If they are wise, then expect a call.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by nenergy(m): 7:56am On Apr 12, 2016
Vongsama:

Have u tried using a diff usb cord on d charger? Sometimes the hub will be fine but the cord will not. Just try d same charger with anoda cord.
No need. The Infinix rep confirm it is fake.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by adahgold(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2016
I will quietly leave the place but i will promise them something i will surely be back with full force.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by nairaman66(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2016
The leading stores are the fraudulent stores! Ask Konga!!

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 12, 2016
reminds me of my aunt who got the Nokia lumia at slot Ago,okota. the sales representative unboxed the phone and she saw all the accsesories including the memory card, she got home and the memory card was missing, she was shocked and so was I, I urged her to go back, she really didn't care (its just memory card na, according to her) so I don't think she went back.

reputable stores falling hand...who do we trust in Naija? sad
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by nairaman66(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2016
Slot and MTN is like 5 and 6!! Both of them are genuinely fraudulent grin grin
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by AmbodOfLASU: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2016
olagamalin:
OP .....you started with a lie, your school is anything but prestigious. That been said, I think you should have caused enough uproar in returning the said charger that your coming here will just be testimony. In other words, BE CRAZY
What makes it not prestigious?
A school that trained the present Deputy Governor of Lagos State. The present Speaker of Lagos State. The present First Lady of Lagos State. The present Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase studied Law in LASU. Desmond Elliot, ASA etc all schooled here, just to mention but a few.

What about the youngest PhD holder in South African University, who is a graduate of LASU?
LASU STUDENTS BEATING THE BEST LAW UNIVERSITY IN INDIA?
I believe your assertion is born out of prejudice and propaganda. We may have our challenges, as every day other institutions, but we are more than prestigious.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by onatisi(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2016
This op is a very nice man grin

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olagamalin(m): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
What makes it not prestigious?
A school that trained the present Deputy Governor of Lagos State. The present Speaker of Lagos State. The present First Lady of Lagos State. The present Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase studied Law in LASU. Desmond Elliot, ASA etc all schooled here, just to mention but a few.

What about the youngest PhD holder in South African University, who is a graduate of LASU?
LASU STUDENTS BEATING THE BEST LAW UNIVERSITY IN INDIA?
I believe your assertion is born out of prejudice and propaganda. We may have our challenges, as every day other institutions, but we are more than prestigious.

Lmao.... I'm I supposed to be impressed by the list of politicians (albeit in LAGOS) you itemized? Who else should occupy such positions....you are way too funny. Pardon me..... But I can only compare with where I'm coming from....this is not to malign you in any way. Let's face your issue squarely.....which is slot

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by OVA200(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2016
And I want to go and buy innjoo charge tomorrow. MIXED FEELING
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by AmbodOfLASU: 8:59am On Apr 12, 2016
olagamalin:

Lmao.... I'm I supposed to be impressed by the list of politicians (albeit in LAGOS) you itemized? Who else should occupy such positions....you are way too funny. Pardon me..... But I can only compare with where I'm coming from....this is not to malign you in any way. Let's face your issue squarely.....which is slot

Where are you coming from?

https://www.naij.com/734553-amazing-read-how-these-lasu-students-beat-their-indian-law-counterparts-in-india.html

http://pulse.ng/student/academic-excellence-nigerian-student-honoured-as-youngest-ph-d-graduate-in-south-africa-id4652469.html

These happened just this year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by udemzyudex(m): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Vongsama:

Have u tried using a diff usb cord on d charger? Sometimes the hub will be fine but the cord will not. Just try d same charger with anoda cord.

Bristol we are talking about a new charger here oooo... How can the cord be damage?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Social Networking Dating Apps For Android Phones / Twitter, Others Must Delete Porn Posts Within 24 Hours – FG / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.