Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Fraud In Slot Limited - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fraud In Slot Limited (50667 Views)

[video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dominique(f): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2016
So slot does sell fake device accessories. When I bought a Samsung charger that didn't last more than a week, I thought I was just unlucky. I eventually bought another one from one of those boys that sell accessories on wheelbarrow which served me for much longer.

What actually put me off about them is their saucy and unprofessional staff. I asked her to explain the features to me, she snapped at me to read the panflet. I snapped back at her explain what the specs mean, is that not part of her job? She couldn't even interpret the specs and features of the phone models in front of her. I've been to microstation a couple of times and I have been impressed with them so far. I hope slot gets more competition to give them a run for their money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2016
In the original the USB is attached to the side not the top,though still designed by araimo.The infinix is on the top not side-
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by kay29000(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2016
I had a similar experience at Slot Ikeja. I went to buy a new battery for my "Be" phone. The lady showed me the new battery, and asked to help me charge it that I come back later. I paid N2,000 for the battery, she fixed it in my phone and plugged it. I went to have lunch, and came back about an hour later. She switched on the phone and I saw it was at about 88%. I gladly collected my phone and left.

But on the way home, before getting on a bus, something made me check the battery. Lo and Behold, it was an old looking battery that was placed in my phone. I rushed back there. Once the lady saw me her disposition changed and she started fidgeting. When I started accusing her of her crime, she quickly brought out a new battery, gave me and said I can go with the old one too. That's how I ended up with three batteries for my phone.

But I have to say, it is the staff that sell the fake accessories, I don't think the owner knows of this racketeering.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 12, 2016
olarhtunji:

you av seen it all grin
My brother! grin
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2016
Nigerians complain quite a lot on public gallery.
What re lawyers meant for? We have consumers protection commission
Go to Femi Falana or Festus Keyamo chamber. Tell any of this chambers, You want to make money not correcting the wrong.
Complain, They will write to Slot, and they will wait.
If they are not forthcoming, they Slot might be sue for punitive action based on your personal discomfort to a tune of #25million naira.
Punitive action based on infringment to your right for quality product #25million.
Stop this complain take rhis cue

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by rajsol(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2016
na wa oo,but it bought my sam sung s6 at slot and am still enjoying d fone now,all most a year now,guy sorry for DAT I believe u r in a safe store
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by kunle75(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2016
Godfullsam:
Thank God I don't patronise SLOT limited

Slot and fraud are like bread and butter..............
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Apreel(f): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2016
Okay I just got a power bank from their branch in arena oshodi.One thing I noticed is the staffs are extremely rude..I almost lost my cool yesterday. .Nigerian's don't know what customer service is.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by missKiffy(f): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2016
How much is it rammer87
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by addinfo77: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2016
Apreel:
Okay I just got a power bank from their branch in arena oshodi.One thing I noticed is the staffs are extremely rude..I almost lost my cool yesterday. .Nigerian's don't know what customer service is.
i understand what it feels like, thats why i just dont let them bother me or else i wont have gotten this beautiful gionee
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olafadar(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2016
The lady that handle this issue should be call to order. I don't think is SLOT'S fault? it has to do with the individual who could not handle this because the item should have been tested to be sure of the claim by ope? and once this is confirm she should have changed it, more so how sure can the infinix rep say such a thing?
I for one i do all my purchases from SLOT and they have good relationship especially the medical road and ayeni street in computer village. i would advice you my bro to visit there and it will be resolve.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Maxymilla(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm......the fear of SLOT is the beginning of wiseness na. Not only do they sell fake accessories, dey sell refurbished fones as well.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by mygladness: 10:35am On Apr 12, 2016
SLOT is a fraud, and their scamming is not limited to accessories, it also applies to phones.
I once bought an expensive Samsung phone at their Saka Tinubu office that didn't last me four months.
After back and forth over time, I didn't follow up on it again but have never touch that brand ever since 2009.

I will enjoin OP to follow this up to a logical conclusion, too much fraud in our system.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2016
They are little better than road side hawkers. I had the same experience buying a 'genuine' samsung charger from slot.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by hary158: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2016
slot limited and their thieving was, I remember them telling me a glass film screen protector is 3000, only to buy same for 500 across the street..
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by addinfo77: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2016
mygladness:
SLOT is a fraud, and their scamming is not limited to accessories, it also applies to phones.
I once bought an expensive Samsung phone at their Saka Tinubu office that didn't last me four months.
After back and forth over time, I didn't follow up on it again but have never touch that brand ever since 2009.

I will enjoin OP to follow this up to a logical conclusion, too much fraud in our system.
dont let SLOT stop you from getting a phone, you can contact the brand area office and request a delivery, am sure some one will help you
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by musicwriter(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2016
ibawon:
This is the issue my Bro, I myself work at Yes Mobile Phones and Accessories (formally Slot). The thing is that no one is actually perfect, I note that they gave you only a print out of your ATM Card but no receipt. Well this is because the product the Lady sold to you does not belong to Slot but to her, but the very shameful thing they did was the way they addressed the Issue. Immediately the Lady should collect the charger from you to test on your phone and another phone but if there are still no changes she is ment to give you a refund or find a suitable charger of your taste.
At Yes Mobile we issue out receipts to customers excecpt if they don't not want it and which they can return before 7 working days(only for accessories)
Bro when ever you buy any thing always ask for your receipt because it does not matter if it works or not.

You worked there and you don't know the owner is not a genuine businessman?. I, personally have had similar experience at SLOT, which is why I avoid them.

Since the customer paid with SLOT's P.O.S not cash, I'll like to know who received the N2,500 payment. Please let me know.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2016
Even all those online stores sell fake product also. I prefer MicroStation
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by blackboy2star(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2016
Jesu cry
Treasuredlove:
slot....I am sorry to say, very bad people. so someone i know got a new phone, complete with the pack and everything from slot, ikeja mall, but could not register his bank acct on it, he didn't understand why till he visited his bank with his phone and was told the phone was already registered to another customer, hence he could not register his. Obviously it was not a brand new phone, just repackaged
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dominique(f): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2016
0rex:

The management of slot needs to teach their employees how to relate with customers or they will lose a great chunk of them.
Personally, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them anymore.

In fact you have said it all. Their staff has one of the poorest customer relations I've ever experienced. That's enough to make them lose a chunk a customers. Now coupled with the fact that they are selling substandard devices and accessories. If care is not taken, the entire business may just crumble.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2016
Slot is a franchised business, they only use the brand to sell products that you couls get in road side shops.

Here in ph we don't have much issues with their products.

U know some people live under the illusion that u have to go into an expensive looking shop to buy everyday items cheap.

I mean how can a starving student spend 2500 on a chinko charger and expert things to be ok.

She should have bought a budget friendly t443 phone whose charger isn't more than 300 naira, than to embaras herself and her so called prestigious skool whose prestige is only in charging high fees and providing substandard service like slot.

Come to think of it thers a positive correlation between lasu and slot.

Both charge high fees for substandards services.s

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by andyanders: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2016
They should be exposed and prosecuted for this fraud. They all are involved hence what Op passed through. It is just that our legal system here is bad, they would have been meant to pay for all these.

You go to banks, gas stations and other corporate outlets like theirs, you get bad people.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Haustenade: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2016
Wow, this is strange, in slot?
I have been buying from slot since and i have never for once had any issue, Pelumi its unfortunate such a product was sold to u at slot, the thing here is, no organisation is perfect, while the CEO will sweat day and night to make sure his or her organisation aims for the best, someone inside will be doin go something to tarnish the image of the company as a result of greed.
Pelumi, what you should have done was report the issue to the head office or better still the manager of that branch instead of meeting the staffs who might lack proper knowledge of customer service, bringing this to a website is too far, this might stain the prestigious image of slot.
But trust me, SLOT REMAINS THE BEST. Dont allow the ignorance of one greedy staff push u away from SLOT dear.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2016
OP u dull jare & u fall my hand. D day shop rite dugbe in Ibadan tried that shit with me by selling spoilt tuna salad pack to me with a fresh sea food fried rice. Even though I've ate part of the food before adding the entire oozing odour salad,walahi I vex enter bike go back explained calmly but when one guy wey think say he can speak thrash came to defend the ugly act, everyone in shop rite knew what happened instantly. He spewed another thrash of threatening to call security to walk me out, I bursted into laughter brought out my phone & ask him to repeat himself. I collected my full cash plus transport that day cox the #1200 ain't the issue but someone cheating you and rubbing it to your face as if you can't do anything na my own issue.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by AyamConfidence(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2016
olagamalin:
OP .....you started with a lie, your school is anything but prestigious. That been said, I think you should have caused enough uproar in returning the said charger that your coming here will just be testimony. In other words, BE CRAZY
i just dey smile at this OP's gentleness...if i craze enter slot ehn...them go pack up that day
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2016
why you include ur contact line nah make i call to tell you sorry? ok sorry o.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Vyolet(f): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2016
No be only SLOT, na Insert.
Go to Abacha store at challenge, you will Get anything original there at a friendly price, you don't even need to test it there.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by babyfaceafrica: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2016
Are u sure u are a lasuaite?.....this is not the lasu I know...that slot branch would have been turn turn upside down...all dis indomie students sef!!!!
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by pek(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo..... but other staffs instigated her also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2016
Haustenade:
I have been buying from slot since and i have never for once had any issue, Pelumi its unfortunate such a product was sold to u at slot, the thing here is, no organisation is perfect, while the CEO will sweat day and night to make sure his or her organisation aims for the best, someone inside will be doin go something to tarnish the image of the company as a result of greed.
Pelumi, what you should have done was report the issue to the head office or better still the manager of that branch instead of meeting the staffs who might lack proper knowledge of customer service, bringing this to a website is too far, this might stain the prestigious image of slot.
But trust me, SLOT REMAINS THE BEST. Dont allow the ignorance of one greedy staff push u away from SLOT dear.
As beautiful as your introduction was, that statement of bringing this to a website is far. Chai u fall my hand no be small. If OP happens to be a cadet army officer and after doing the right thing & all this shit happened. He now pounced on them I'm sure you will call him lawless.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Rexnegro(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636
I like Your write up You must Be a brilliant student, anyway guy I will encourage u to go ahead with your quest in bringing to book The absolute fraud And nonsense displayed by The so called slot@alaba...imagine a charger with infinix written by The side And oraimo at The base....That charger is original fake one ,hence The charging backward. I no That slot branch, I doubt if they re original slot, they look affiliated to me. In Nigeria we don't report bad customer service to appropriate authority so bro Please go ahead ahead but remember no fight o
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Leopantro: 11:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Haustenade:

If he didn't bring it to the general public how then will Slot know that their services are subpar? Be specific, SLOT at Medical road Ikeja is the best, all others are fake. Don't believe me ; buy a phone at the SLOT at Ikeja and it will come with a memory card. Buy at the others and no memory card.
By the way if SLOT is the best, kindly read page one to four of this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Social Networking Dating Apps For Android Phones / Twitter, Others Must Delete Porn Posts Within 24 Hours – FG / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.