Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Fraud In Slot Limited - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fraud In Slot Limited (50678 Views)

[video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by delvinmaya(m): 11:01am On Apr 12, 2016
kaeforum:
Slot is a franchised business, they only use the brand to sell products that you couls get in road side shops.

Here in ph we don't have much issues with their products.

U know some people live under the illusion that u have to go into an expensive looking shop to buy everyday items cheap.

I mean how can a starving student spend 2500 on a chinko charger and expert things to be ok.

She should have bought a budget friendly t443 phone whose charger isn't more than 300 naira, than to embaras herself and her so called prestigious skool whose prestige is only in charging high fees and providing substandard service like slot.

Come to think of it thers a positive correlation between lasu and slot.

Both charge high fees for substandards services.s

For your mind now you have made a meaningful contribution. I won't insult you o, but your mumu legendary

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by delishpot: 11:02am On Apr 12, 2016
ZACHIE:
After reading this, I and my household are officially dead to SLOT
Barayi banza
Bloody rogues

My brother, SLOT should be dead to you and your household and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Rexnegro(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2016
kay29000:
I had a similar experience at Slot Ikeja. I went to buy a new battery for my "Be" phone. The lady showed me the new battery, and asked to help me charge it that I come back later. I paid N2,000 for the battery, she fixed it in my phone and plugged it. I went to have lunch, and came back about an hour later. She switched on the phone and I saw it was at about 88%. I gladly collected my phone and left.

But on the way home, before getting on a bus, something made me check the battery. Lo and Behold, it was an old looking battery that was placed in my phone. I rushed back there. Once the lady saw me her disposition changed and she started fidgeting. When I started accusing her of her crime, she quickly brought out a new battery, gave me and said I can go with the old one too. That's how I ended up with three batteries for my phone.

But I have to say, it is the staff that sell the fake accessories, I don't think the owner knows of this racketeering.
imagine
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by oribi(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2016
My honest advice if you want to buy Accessories buy from Konga , Jumia and aliexpress it's worth it
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by 1miccza: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2016
Slot is no longer what it used to be. Now it is the home of fake products
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Onyenna(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Lordjazz:
OP I will suggest you test another charger on your phone. I have had similar issues before only to discover later that the problem is from the charging port of my phone.

I had same issue last year.....Plugged my phone for almost a day without any single increase in battery bar/power.........It was at a phone repair shop that I was told it was a charging port wahala.....I had it changed immediately and my phone started charging very fast.......

.......Well, in OP's case, the charger is clearly fake....... but even a fake charger can charge a phone albeit slowly...........

But how can Slot limited stoop so damn low! Etiquette is Zero!!!!.......They'll lose a great number of their customers.....I was actually thinking of visiting Slot next month for the first time but with the scary things I'm reading here, I've decided to cancel that visit!!....

OP, if there's actually no hope of that charger being replaced, don't throw it away just yet.....Try another charger to ascertain if it's a charging port issue or not.......

******Umu nne m n'umu nna m, Eziokwu, Slot Limited Acastygo!! Ha awugo aka n'ala******
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Electroweb(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2016
I feel ur pain. I had a similar experience in January at the Slot outlet at departure wing of Muritala Mohammed Airport (domestic airport). I bought a blackberry charger there. It was tested for some seconds and it worked. Only for me to get home to now use it extensively to discover that the phone is not charging. After troubleshooting i discovered it was the usb plug that was faulty. I had wasted my time and money. This issue with Slot is on the increase. Its difficult for businesses to maintain their standard in Nigeria.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olafadar(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2016
SLOT.............its all about image.
this company has been the best in d whole nigeria,most especially in computer village.
u buying dis does not mean all product sold in slot are fake.i and my family gets phones and accessories from slot because dey are more reliable dan road side seller and ever since i av no issue about their product,this might just been a mixed up from the suppliers.
pelumi,sorry for this experience.but the company still remain the best.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by bamise22: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2016
I think there is a mix up somewhere, because myself and my family has been patronising slot for like five years now. we get our phones and more of accessories at slot and we have never encountered such before, and it baffles me as you say you got fake there. with your story up there the infinix rep and those who attended to you rudely should be dealt with seriously. but that doesn't mean slot sell fake because you know they are the best like I know that was the reason you patronised them, slot you guys should be careful also, and don't ruin what you have built for years
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Mustay(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Customer service in Nigeria seems to be a big problem for our companies.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Slymonster(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2016
lol I can never my laptop I took to there engineers there in benin thinking they know work,laptop that was atleast use to show that it's on but don't display anything couldn't get on again or being charge...the guy condemn it more for it,if not that I had already bought a new one and wanted to repair that and sell..I would hv close that shop that day,anytym he sees me...na bros I hail oo with one look of fear all around him...he knows he is lucky
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by misgab: 11:23am On Apr 12, 2016
report them to standard organisation of nigeria.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636
Let share this story on social networks cos I'm sharing it on my fb account now. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Haustenade: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2016
Bro, read well, Pelumi said the so called infinix staff confirmed the charger was fake, but instead of doing the right thing which is to replace it immediately he or she embarased the customer, the picture shown was d pos printout, thats not a reciept, since i have been buying from slot, av been collecting reciepts, so if a POS printout was given to her it means the infinix staff is probably selling illegal products for the amount of a genuine product which am sure Slot only sells,d staff did it for d profit of her pocket and to the detriment of slot's image.
Pelumi should have reported to the head office, that wud av been better than a public post, now competitors wud take advatage of dis.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2016
delishpot:

My brother, SLOT should be dead to you and your household and not the other way round.
Nice correction

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by gift01: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2016
OP why u no enter Alaba Market? The most expensive Android or smartphone charger is 1k5 and that one is way way better. Even the one of 7h is what they sold for you at 2k5 plus they'd easily change it for you at Alaba. Chai....na Ojo u dey and dem still nack u. Next time just take a Keke from Franklas(or trek) to Alaba. Get to Obosi plaza (houses GT Bank Alaba) and get to the top floor and ask of Pastor. He sells original batteries and chargers. He's a direct importer. Most of the big stores patronise him but that's a story for another day. Thank God u didn't do Aluta with them. Just know that in and around Ojo, u ask questions and shine your eyes. Na big name dey kill fowl. Screen guard of 1k7 for Alaba...Slot dey sell am 17k. Alaba won't give u cash if it goes bad but they would change it for you until u get the original. Kpele. 2k5 would buy u 3 chargers of that quality u posted there. Don't close your mouth in Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Eze2000(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2016
The charger u bought is a fake. A very popular fake which works best for small phones. it costs just 300 to 500 naira in Alaba market.
next time when u need to buy a charger go directly to d Alaba market and check out fairly used. Here d thing, fairly used are mostly original chargers of spoilt or stolen phones I,ported into d country while new ones are just China fakes.
The fairly used phones are seperated from the chargers on arrival here in Alaba and sold differently for maximum profit. Go deep inside Alaba to where d containers are being offloaded and tasks your pick. The super original charger I'm using is better than the one my Techno tablet came with and it cost me 700 naira only. I bought it secondhand but its almost new.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by adedolapo4(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2016
In short fraud is Slot and Slot is a synonym for fraud. Already planning how to visit the one at Osogbo this morning. Seems like this post was meant for me. Make I dey manage my Tecno for now.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by madgoat(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

@OP, so sorry u went through all this. Plz check and confirm its not the charging port of ur infinix. I had similar problem with my infinix hot note some months ago and i was made to understand that it's a major problem wt some infinix fones especially the hot note. Its a problem wt the flex on d charging port. The fone will stop charging fast; sometimes takes 8hrs to be fully charged. Sometimes it discharges while charging too. After some weeks of usage like that, it will not charge at all. I took mine to carlcare, it was repaired but the problem resurfaced again after about two months. This time around i took it to an engineer at slot and it was repaired but was discharging instead of charging. The engineer told me its the mother board and they av alot of fones wt that issue but no solution for now. I av condemned my fone and purchased another one.

N. B. ORAIMO is d company that produces accessories for infinix and tecno. That charger is original, its not produced by infinix but rather produced by oraimo for infinix company.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by adelod: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2016
Thank God for this post, I'm on my way to slot here in abuja to get a charge. About turn
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Haustenade: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2016
slot is one brand name i have always believed in,all my devices and accessories comes from them.i have tried other retail mobile company and they all the same.things like this happen but it is the manner in which it is resolved that is paramount. i trust it will be resolved ASAP and the writer will be happy at the end.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 12, 2016
MadCow1:

Well, don't trust anybody..

Jumia and Konga sell alot of fake stuff. Infact, I dare to say 90% of the electronic items on those sites are straight up fake.

SLOT is just as bad. But most of these Products now have authorized dealerships and distributor stores in Nigeria including online.

Ask for this student, she should have gone apeshiit inside that store. I remember the first and last time i entered SLOT, I saw a lady complaining and the way and manner she was being handled by the staff told me I didnt want to do business with them. A friend took his phone with a broken screen to SLOT to fix, the charged him 60'k, only for us to go to another shop and see his phone being worked on by the technician there.. grin

SLOT is grossly over rated.

Sadly the dealerships are not much better as the salespeople are mostly hustlers who try to run the same rubbish game. My boss was at a Samsung to change his note battery and they were referring him to slot. A lot of the so-called dealerships are selling 'belk' accessories. And as always these rubbish items are being sold at obscene prices.

Nigerians in general are very very lousy where returning goods are concerned.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by olagamalin(m): 11:55am On Apr 12, 2016
AyamConfidence:
i just dey smile at this OP's gentleness...if i craze enter slot ehn...them go pack up that day
Shay you get ....scatter the place. Manager go think say the matter pass charger
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Eronmosele(m): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2016
0rex:

In descending order of recentness:

Slot, Mayfair, Ife:

A lecturer of mine saw my recently purchase Tecno Droidpad and wanted to purchase exactly the same device. He went to slot & bought the device without my knowledge. Unfortunately for him, the tablet he bought had some kind of factory defect that made it undetectable by USB ports especially USB 2.0 ports.
We went back to slot together to lodge a complaint but we were not well attended to at all. Infact the presence of a man of international repute, over 65 years old did not give those ill-mannered girls at slot a molecule of sense. They were very rude. Ultimately, nothing reasonable was done & my lecturer is still 'managing' the tablet that way till date.

Slot, Muritala Mohammed way, Ilorin:
These ones sold a windows phone under the guise of Android to my Aunt fraudulently by installing a 3rd party application to give the phone an Android look. I later got to know the phone had Android support anyway. Again the sales representatives were very rude.

Slot, Osogbo:
I went there for an enquiry during National Youth Service a few years back. Just plain rude.

The management of slot needs to teach their employees how to relate with customers or they will lose a great chunk of them.
Personally, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them anymore.
They have lost me already. There is hardly anything I hate the most than to be cheated! So I hereby add Slot to my list of no go areas. You will also not find me at Amigo Supermarket or Wonderland amusement park (there is nothing amusing about a Hezbollah terrorist linkage) or whatever their new names are! I will not fund terrorism. I have not forgotten!

3 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by miqos02(m): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
lol this is not news na......I laugh when people tell me slot does not sell fake......
I dey laff
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by charly4tex(m): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Report to the nearest Police Station.
Believe me, you will be compensated when NPF carry-out their job well.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2016
So sorry about your experience OP, getting a new (original) charger can be really frustrating in Nigeria. Infact as a matter of fact I have never gotten an original charger replacement after my follow come chargers (that is, the charger that comes with my new phone) ever before. . To the best of my knowledge Infinix doesn't produce chargers for sale except the ones that comes with their phones (at least that was what I was told @ Banex Abuja. Even slot shop there said same. That was Few months back anyway) so unless they have started now, any other thing you see out there as Infinix charger is fake. I just pray you get justice and your money is refunded cause I can't imagine paying that much for charger only to find out its fake. Goshhhh... Don't know what I would do...
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by dovetark: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Slot is over-rated.....of course that is the good result of their massive Branding

Highly overrated
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by zuchyblink(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
Very bad of Nairaland to post an unconfirmed complaint on front page
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
asodane:

Let share this story on social networks cos I'm sharing it on my fb account now. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Haba! Me! I Don share am finish... What Nonsense.... Everywhere ooo, all my whatsap groups, twitter, everywhere.. That 2k5 just Dey pain me... Kai.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by searchng4love: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
orex bawoni how is da w123?

0rex:
Slot is a nonsense, overrated and useless store with very poor customer service. I have different experiences with them from Ife to Ilorin to Osogbo but I don't have the time to type stories now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Social Networking Dating Apps For Android Phones / Twitter, Others Must Delete Porn Posts Within 24 Hours – FG / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.