Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

The Fraud In Slot Limited - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fraud In Slot Limited (50669 Views)

[video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Chikpat(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Slot is not reliable. I bought an LG E615 Optimus Dual from their Enugu Office along Okpara Avenue two years ago. The phone came with a bad battery and they claimed it has two years guarantee. I went back few weeks later their customer care and engineering unit could not even figure out that the phone was misbehaving because of the bad battery. They copied all my data to their system for backup and i was told to check back later. Finally, they said they would not be able to fix it. I carried my phone to a phone repairer and was told that the battery should be changed. I bought a new battery and everything was fine. I went back to slot to retrieve my data on their system. The so called engineer was not there. I returned another day and was told he travelled to lag. After some days i went back and met d guy. He has lost my data;contacts, applications, videos etc as his laptop crashed

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by ring7(m): 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636
shoo I bought same charger same amount two months back,egbon am still using it till date, and it energetic
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by nokingasgod: 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
olagamalin:
OP .....you started with a lie, your school is anything but prestigious. That been said, I think you should have caused enough uproar in returning the said charger that your coming here will just be testimony. In other words, BE CRAZY

Can you please define a prestigious school?.

Perhaps, one of the attributes of a prestigious school is that school where the students will unleash mayhem at the slightest provocation and be crazy quite easily.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Chikpat(m): 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
Chikpat:
Slot is not reliable. I bought an LG E615 Optimus Dual from their Enugu Office along Okpara Avenue two years ago. The phone came with a bad battery and they claimed it has two years guarantee. I went back few weeks later their customer care and engineering unit could not even figure out that the phone was misbehaving because of the bad battery. They copied all my data to their system for backup and i was told to check back later. Finally, they said they would not be able to fix it. I carried my phone to a phone repairer and was told that the battery should be changed. I bought a new battery and everything was fine. I went back to slot to retrieve my data on their system. The so called engineer was not there. I returned another day and was told he travelled to lag. After some days i went back and met d guy. He has lost my data;contacts, applications, videos etc as his laptop crashed

He wasnt really sorry. He said there is nothing else he could do. The idiot could not repair the phone, he could not even detect what could have caused the problem. Yet, he could loose the data on the phone without regrets.
Thats why SLOT for me and to me is just a BUSINESS FULL OF SHIT! D'Bang can sing whatever he feels thats his job.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by overboard(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Vongsama:

That's because I've experienced such. Bought HTC charger (from aboki though). It took the whole night to accumulated 3%. It was jst out of desperation I changed d cord n till now, I'm using d said htc charger wit a samsung cord n its very ok.

Ha, ha... there's nothing HTC in those chargers from Abokis o. Bought one with HTC emblazoned on it and he was like this is original because he wanted to do the right thing... I rest my case...

I suspect SLOT in the first Blackberry I bought from their Unilag branch. The engineer kept saying it was necessary to install this and that and promptly set the new phone on his table away from my view... The battery was basically dead from day 1.

The BB Z3 I bought last year is fine but their engineer at a different branch, also insisting the need for some updates et al didn't get to do anything as I refused. It's working fine. I did all the updates, antivirus blah, blah, blah myself.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
searchng4love:
orex bawoni how is da w123?

Very fine. cool
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
Eronmosele:

They have lost me already. There is hardly anything I hate the most than to be cheated! So I hereby add Slot to my list of no go areas. You will also not find me at Amigo Supermarket or Wonderland amusement park (there is nothing amusing about a Hezbollah terrorist linkage) or whatever their new names are! I will not fund terrorism.
grin
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by MrDoGood(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:
THE FRAUD IN SLOT LIMITED

My name is Pelumi,a student from the prestigious Lagos State University,Ojo. On the 6th of April,2016, I proceeded to Slot Limited,Alaba,to get a charger for my phone; INFINIX Hot Note Pro. I was told by a lady that the charger goes for 2,500naira. After testing it for some seconds, I was assured it was original and its going to serve me for a long time. I brought out my ATM and paid via the company's P.O.S. I returned back to school and continued my preparation for exams. On getting to my hostel,off campus, I couldn't test the full capability of the charger, as there was no light. On the next day at school, I plugged the "new charger" and I realized the phone was not charging as fast as I had expected. I ignored this and felt maybe it was the electricity current that was below par. Subsequently, I realised my phone was charging backwards. Trying to get off the reality that I may have procured a fake charger from a leading mobile outlet, I switched it off to allow it charge. This proved to be a fantasy, as the battery level refused to increase. I left the phone there for several hours and the story remained the same. I was advised by my friends to go back to SLOT and lodge my complaints. One of my school mates, who was a tech expert, said the charger was FAKE; that infinix don't manufacture their charger this way. After hours of hoping for a miracle, I proceeded to SLOT LIMITED outlet at Alaba International, metres away from LASU, where I procured the CHARGER from. I laid a complaint which was welcomed with hostility. I was directed from the cashier to a lady, whom I poured my heart to. The lady called the Infinix representative there and she confirmed that the CHARGER was FAKE, that INFINIX don't expose screws on their original Hot Note chargers. Instead of these slot representatives to calm things down and address me properly as a regular SLOT customer, they lost their cool and started shouting "no warranty on accessories". This offended my sensibilities as the point here is not about warranty but the fact that you sold a fake product to me at the price of an original and you showed no compassion.The lady who I was complaining to,suddenly walked out on me. Feeling angry and sad, I left the spot I was and I met with another slot staff whom i explained myself to. She showed some compassion on realizing I was a LASU student but other staffs instigated her and insisted I should not be attended to. Even the INFINIX representative that confirmed the charger to be FAKE,was asked not to interfere again. I surely had committed no crime. I felt cheated. Consequently, I realised it was some sort of gang up or conspiracy as some of the slot staffs appeared to have a skeleton in their cupboards. It was while I was contemplating on what to do: inform our ever gallant SUG President of the fraud or go to SLOT head office,that a fellow LASU student came in and told me to leave them. He said some SLOT STAFFS do buy fake products from outside and bring it to SLOT to sell as original. He also said so many people has fallen victim of such fraud.
As it stands now, have apparently lost or wasted a chunk of my monthly allowance in the midst of this economic hardship. Yes, it may just be #2,500 but a fraud is a fraud and I will try all I can to ensure justice and fairness.
I urge SLOT Authorities,as a matter of urgency,to look into this cankerworm, investigate it and bring in better credibility/authenticity to their folds.
To the phone lovers out there, be careful of what you buy. The fact that you are procuring it from a leading store,doesn't necessarily mean you can't be swindled. Ensure you collect stamped receipts and other pertinent documents for you may need it later. Shalom.

Pelumi writes from Lagos State University. 08160156636

you don't know them.......

i paid for Sony Xperia Z3 and they delivered sony xperia z to my kid sister because i wasn't at home in benin.

i paid before delivery . when i got home after two months plus, i saw that they gave the poor little girl xperia z instead of that i bought and paid for. the lil. girl loved the phone and was happy because she no even know the difference .she has started using the phone cos i actually bought it for her.

omon no be small war oh as i reach their office oh...... cos i for chase them commot from benin but they later refunded 60k.

goat bite me when i go enter slot again go buy something?
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by hob(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Anything slot, i dare not do
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Charly68: 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Slot is full of fake products .I can confirm this through my experience with their Osogbo branch office.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by MizTyna(f): 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
The last time I bought anything from SLOT was 2010. They sold me a fake curve 2. And it was even above market price but I just felt it was gonna be worth it since they sell original. Na lie! I will never buy anything from SLOT ever again
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Since I've known a guy on street who sells quality products, I patronise him for all my phone accessories. However, I pleaded to buy the authentic item for the first time.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by kaball32: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Na today una no dey sell fake accesory I can't buy tins there because there response on return is too poor
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Blacksodje(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
find attached original infinix charger you obviously bought a fake charger
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Blacksodje(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
find attached original infinix charger you obviously bought a fake charger
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
MENFASHIONCLUB:

The price of our BULLDOG charger is #2000. You have to order and we ship to u. While u pay on delivery. Remember, you have a whole 30days warranty on it. Cheers!

Abeg let's see pictures
And can it charge my ipad mini... lightning usb
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by gidjah(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
bobo65:
designed by oraimo

lol

u should know oraimo is a Nigerian producer and just replicated the charger In a substandard form

I use the same oraimo designed infinix charger on my Hot 2 and it charges super fast(but ni visible screws like this one my op showed up o!).There's a kind of collabo between. Oraimo and this organizations lately.I have seen Oraimo Power bank too,very good and efficient
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Balkan(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
I said they were going to delete my posts and the Mod. Did not disappoint me.

Igbos open your eyes, this is a planned propaganda to bring one of your own down. This story is not verified to be on the front page.

There is a war against you in Nigeria. They are using every tool around to pull you down.

This is pure propaganda against slot. You will not know what damage this story will cause.

NL. Is not the right place for this guy to talk about this.

Try and write something good about the Igbos and see if this will see front page.

The war is being waged in all front against The Igbos.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
lol this is not news na......I laugh when people tell me slot does not sell fake......

Imagine
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
kay29000:
I had a similar experience at Slot Ikeja. I went to buy a new battery for my "Be" phone. The lady showed me the new battery, and asked to help me charge it that I come back later. I paid N2,000 for the battery, she fixed it in my phone and plugged it. I went to have lunch, and came back about an hour later. She switched on the phone and I saw it was at about 88%. I gladly collected my phone and left.

But on the way home, before getting on a bus, something made me check the battery. Lo and Behold, it was an old looking battery that was placed in my phone. I rushed back there. Once the lady saw me her disposition changed and she started fidgeting. When I started accusing her of her crime, she quickly brought out a new battery, gave me and said I can go with the old one too. That's how I ended up with three batteries for my phone.

But I have to say, it is the staff that sell the fake accessories, I don't think the owner knows of this racketeering.

It is a trickle down culture.

The staff can see all the scams oga is running, and they do their own as well.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by bigtt76(f): 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
Please why is there Yes Mobile Phones and Accessories and Slot? What caused the break up?

ibawon:
This is the issue my Bro, I myself work at Yes Mobile Phones and Accessories (formally Slot). The thing is that no one is actually perfect, I note that they gave you only a print out of your ATM Card but no receipt. Well this is because the product the Lady sold to you does not belong to Slot but to her, but the very shameful thing they did was the way they addressed the Issue. Immediately the Lady should collect the charger from you to test on your phone and another phone but if there are still no changes she is ment to give you a refund or find a suitable charger of your taste.
At Yes Mobile we issue out receipts to customers excecpt if they don't not want it and which they can return before 7 working days(only for accessories)
Bro when ever you buy any thing always ask for your receipt because it does not matter if it works or not.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by mbhs139(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
0rex:
Slot is a nonsense, overrated and useless store with very poor customer service. I have different experiences with them from Ife to Ilorin to Osogbo but I don't have the time to type stories now.

Talking about customers service, I don't know or can't remember any bad adjective I can use to qualify slot.

But there's something we're missing out here. You see, most of those slot shops are actually franchise, it's not as if they are actually owned by slot. What I think is that it appears after selling the right to use their brand, slot rarely checks on what their franchise do.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by King44(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hehehehe u bought made in china product at the value of the original bad market go return am
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by bigtt76(f): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Truth is that buying and repairing a mobile phone in this country now has become something else.

Last time I wanted to repair a tablet at Micro-station Saka Tinubu. The device was not coming on at all (it was hard bricked grin) the technician feeling like a star told me 8k and to come back after 2 hours.

I went back as requested, and technician told me its been fixed and that looks like the battery is faulty cause he's been trying to charge it and it doesn't retain charge grin I waited for like 2 hours nothing. He now said I should go upstairs for the guys to check the battery. Upstairs I went ....the so-called battery guy was scared opening it up after making bragado of the cost of battery.

Cut long story short, I refused to pay the technician as I could not ascertain he indeed repaired anything. To make matter worst, I asked him the OS he flashed and he said Lollipop for a tablet that can only do KitKat. I told him he was lying and off I went to Samsung Service center and got it repaired free of charge.

I realized that he probably wanted me to leave it behind so he takes it to Samsung and get it repaired for free and pocket the 8k as he was pleading I leave it behind till Monday (I went on a Saturday) which I refused.

Next is Jumia, I ordered Note 2 + the leather see-through casing and what was sent to me was just some cheap a55 knock off. This was not the first time but this time around I rejected it. Even the phone's pack that came with it was so rough you'd think it was from a mechanic repair store grin

One needs to be extremely careful with these people shaaa
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by mbhs139(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
Balkan:
I said they where going to delete my posts and the Mod. Did not disappoint me.

Igbos open your eyes, this is a planned propaganda to bring one of your own down. This story is not verified to be on the front page.

There is a war against you in Nigeria. They are using every tool around to pull you down.

This is pure propaganda against slot. You will not know what damage this story will cause.

NL. Is not the right place for this guy to talk about this.

Try and write something good about the Igbos and see if this will see front page.

The war is being waged in all front against The Igbos.

I'm Yoruba and I have this Igbo guy at Oyingbo who sells generator, very honest and straight forward guy. As a matter of fact, I've bought two Gens from him, without regret, and I've already told him about an impending business I have for him by December in my office.

You see my friend, I feel very sorry for you and the way you think. The issue at hand has nothing to do with tribe. If you see something good say it, and if it's otherwise also simply say it. Slot ain't doing good in recent times, truth be told.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by boyoboy28: 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
I had a scenario with SLOT @ SAKA TINUBU as well that still baffles me. I had gone there to purchase a Lenovo A319. The Sales Lady after purchase opened the phone to do some checks(I particularly frowned at it) but for crying out loud i was making a purchase at SLOT). When i got home i realized my phone was without a memory card. Now with this report, could it be that the Lady stylishly removed the memory card? or Lenovo no longer comes with a memory card installed? just thinking.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Missmossy(f): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Chai!! Really terrible. Intend going to Slot tomorrow to get a new charger. At this point,i give up on them.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by HaroldFinch(m): 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
get a lawyer.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by JustCurious: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
I lost
ALL
the
respect I have for PTV (the only place I thought was safe to buy my gadgets) when they sold a bad Q5 blackberry phone to me recently. Upon getting back their office (Awolowo way, Ikeja), lady representative wouldn't agree that it was their fault. She insisted that the phone fell down, hence the reason for the issue.

Sadly, all my explanation wouldn't help as the said phone never fell off. Eventually, I had to pay N2,000 for the 'supposed' repair. Hmmm. But, as God would have it, and get me vindicated. The 'repaired' phone ceased to function (same problem) barely after stepping out of the office. With a smiley face I returned the phone to the technical guy, requesting for my N2,000 refund. They couldn't argue with me anymore. To wrap it up, the phone was taken elsewhere for further repair. Although, my 2k wasn't refunded but I would always remember the experience and the lost of N2,000. Lost of respect for PTV.

The influx of substandard phones/tablets/accessories is making it so difficult to know where to go for the good ones. Integrity is no longer a virtue that some people are willing to keep. It seems gone with the wind.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by vRendoh(m): 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2016

I learnt my lessons at the Slot, Warri.. For me, I no see the s for slot again! It is forever bye bye slot.
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by medolala1: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Is not today it has been happening, I also brought a phone from slot, I didn't use the phone for up to two months and it developed a fault. I don't understand slot at all this days, all the product they sell is just fake am just tired and sick of slot. I hope we will have a better store where we can buy a quality and a good phone in Nigeria soon
Re: The Fraud In Slot Limited by Lilimax(f): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
MadCow1:
Where is SLOT?

I dont buy anything from such places including Jumia, Konga and co..

I will rather hold my cash and look for somebody who is travelling overseas to buy my shiit or go to the manufacturers directly.
Na your money kill am smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Social Networking Dating Apps For Android Phones / Twitter, Others Must Delete Porn Posts Within 24 Hours – FG / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.