Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles (22629 Views)

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles by lollmaolol(m): 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
I am that man who returned to say thank you.
This is to inform you that I will be getting married n December, thanks a lot.. i made peace with my parent and I found love

edwife:

Thank you very much for this post, no wonder we have a lot of angry,frustrated and nasty people in Nigeria."No one cares because they have been through worst" you will hear many Nigerians say. Human compassion is close to nothing.

This guy doesn't just need "forgive and move on because he is an adult" ,this is just one of the many steps he should take.
He needs psychological help.

His childhood was chartered by many events ranging from:

-his mother's abuse
-His mother's abandonment
-His father bringing in different women at such a tender age
-Him being sexually abused

-Lack of love
-Lack of a normal childhood
-Fending for himself at such a tender age

He had a rough childhood and still he has no one to turn to. He did more than enough in giving himself education and being responsible not many came this far.

Dear lollmaolol, what you need now is a professional to speak to.Don not ignore it and "just shake it off".It is not something you can shake off because you are an adult.Seek professional help, you need to heal psychologically and mentally.

Family history of violence, sexual abuse by a female, maternal neglect, and lack of supervision were all associated with a threefold-increased risk that the abused would become an abuser.

You might not see it now but you will end up having trust issues in your own word:

A wife won't bring nothing to you no matter how good she is,do not marry until you sort yourself out.Leave women alone for now.

For your parents, you should talk to them and let them know how you truly feel, then tell them that they should let you sort yourself out first and that you will communicate with them when you feel you are ready,how long it will take you to forgive them and get over that it is entirely based on how well you feel. Healing is a long process and should never be rushed.

I wish you well and I appreciate you courage to come forward and seek help ,it is a great step to your healing journey.
May you find closure and become the man you want to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles by Spherical77(m): 8:04am On Nov 03, 2021
lollmaolol:
This is to inform you that I will be getting married n December, thanks a lot.. i made peace with my parent and I found love

God bless your new home bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles by salisuammy(f): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2021
lollmaolol:

Congratulations to you and your wife. Make sure you love her and avoid getting entangled in polygamy. That way, you will love your children unconditionally.
May God bless your new home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.