Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Make Your Mistakes On Time! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Make Your Mistakes On Time! (774 Views)

5 Social Media Mistakes Most Likely To Cost You A Job / Imagine Your Mistakes Are Not Your Own Making / Never Cover Your Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Your Mistakes On Time! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
I could claim to be feeling strangely pious tonight as I try to synchronize my thoughts and present this piece. There must be something heavenly about what I feel and why I feel it…there must be a reason why I suddenly began feeling the urge to balance my books and re-energize my mind. It is quite difficult for me to be the lesson in this text, but what is life if we cannot learn from it?

While the topic tonight sounds ironic, I must re-iterate that every human whom God has created and is still not in the grave is under a non-comprehensible obligation to make mistakes, stand up and dust up, then move ahead. I am sure even Jesus would consider it a mistake that He asked God to ‘probably’ make the cup pass over Him. Such is the nature of mistakes; we all make it, our spiritualities notwithstanding. So I learnt that even God regretted creating human beings…..does that sound like He made a mistake creating us? Well, I refuse to say God made a mistake!

So, why must you make your mistakes on time and move on? Because there will come a time when you become so old and ripe that the consequences of mistakes will virtually just kill you. As a young man, I have come to appreciate the ability I have to swallow the consequences of my mistakes because the psychological energy of youth and my ability to hopefully move on, knowing that I have many years ahead. My sixty-seven year old caring father does not have this luxury. At his age, he is not allowed to make such mistakes again….God forbid stroke and hypertension!

Why again should you make your mistakes on time? Because you will have so much time ahead to make it up to the people you offended while making the mistake. Trust me; you do not want to approach your grave with a burden of offences on your shoulder. It is generally acceptable that time heals all wounds. Now you do not want to be inflicting wounds on people when you do not have so much time on your hands. Simple rule….offend people quickly and move on, so that you have enough time to rectify your faults and hasten the healing of the wounds.

Make no mistakes about it, all mistakes you make inflict some pain on some people and leaves you with some heavy emotional burden that you are probably better off without. You should endeavor to carry this burden when you have the energy to. How do I know all these? Because I have made a lot of mistakes of my own. The burden is heavy but thanks to youthfulness and the emotional energy it bestows, I can forge ahead!

I have had romantic relationships that ended in chaos because I made mistakes that inflicted pain on me, the ladies and even my family. Many of these mistakes were of a careless nature, but there are some that are exceptionally painful. Every morning I wake up, I wish I could bring back the good days I had with Ibironke Odeniran and make it all up to her. I never meant evil, but even prolonged silence could be a mistake….and that was the case for me and her! If I weren’t young enough to carry my emotional burden, the burden of pain mixed with love mixed with wishes concerning her would have left me dead by now.

I have also had financial relationships that went bad and inflicted deep pains on people. Again, many of these mistakes were because my idea of carefulness is sharply divergent from the generally acceptable norm. Every morning I wake up, I wish I could have Blessing back as the very good friend that she was to me, but one mistake allowed to fester has cost me those smiles and those joys. Again, I never meant evil, yet I inflicted so much pain that the backlash would have killed me before I get the chance to apologize. Thank God I made this mistake fast….at least I know I do not get to die before I am able to make it up to her….no matter how long it takes! Do I mention Kunle? Or Sisi Lola? Or Solomon? So many burdens on my heart that only a young heart could carry!

Fortunately my dear friends, when I look at the days ahead, I am filled with hope that if the world does not end as soon as they would have us believe, I will make it up to these people. Youthful hope and strength assures me that I will make peace with everyone. The successes I enjoy today gives me clear indications that I will soon be able to rub ointments into their wounds and make them heal…..a seventy year old man does not have any hope of this nature….he has very limited time, if his burden does not even catalyze his home-call.

I urge you today people, make your mistakes on time….bear your emotional burden with the strength of youth and before your first grey hair will arrive, you will be done paying your debts of honour!

At least I know that one!

Good Night…

Twitter: @iamtolulakin
Facebook Page: Adedayo Oderinu
E-Mail: ibuckresources@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Your Mistakes On Time! by bextie: 3:29am On Apr 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Make Your Mistakes On Time! by omitooguns(m): 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Op! Chop knuckle.... u inspired me wit this!
Re: Make Your Mistakes On Time! by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 18, 2016
omitooguns:
Op! Chop knuckle.... u inspired me wit this!

I am glad I was able to! Keep going bro..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Aptitude Test List Of Successful Candidates 2016 – / Flow Assurance Training @primetek Heavy Industries Limited (pics) / 1000 Ebook For 2000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.