Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format (16342 Views)

How To Convert Drm Protected Wma To Mp3 For Ipod / How Can I Convert Window Media Audio To Mp3 Using Utorrent? / How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by CHUKWUTEM(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2006
please where can i get a free software to help me convert my songs to mp3 format.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by wormedup(m): 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2006
search for IMTOO audio converter or power mp3 convertor.
u'll have to find a way of registering it thought wink
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2006
What format do you want to convert to MP3 format?
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by CHUKWUTEM(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2006
SEUN,
FROM THE COMMON MUSIC FORMAT LIKE .wav,.wmp etc
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by freemanj(m): 4:10am On Nov 18, 2006
try download the demo of nero its free and good too
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by Neoteny(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2006
download Imtoo, head over to www.theserials.com for the registration keys.note the version u downloaded. or go to www.ddl2.com. just about every utility is there for grabs. cracked.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by zPixel(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2006
If you have nero 7 check for sound trax or wave editor from start>All Programs>Nero
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by habumaks(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2007
I use my RealPlayer to convert to mp3. Just launch your RealPlayer and insert and an audio CD into your ROM (automatically) it will ask if want to "save" (rip) the tracks into your hard drive. Click "yes". Immediately it starts "saving" abort it and go to "settings" you will see a dialogue box, there you can sellect mp3 format, that's it, you are done.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by 4peace(m): 7:02am On Jan 03, 2007
Yes realplayer is good
so also window mediaplayer especially window 8 convert as low as 16kb
window 9,10 have minimum of 128kb for settings.
128kb means if you have song length of say 4min when convert it with 128 bit rate you will have 4mb or more of the song in mp3 format
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by salehm(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2007
Why Not Try Xilisoft Coverter it really effective it converts from Mp3 to Wma and Vice Versa
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by delarontus(f): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2007
Windows Media player 11 converts to MP3.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by 4peace(m): 4:54am On Jan 16, 2007
Problem with most of m8 here is that when you met their demand they wont tell you.
Instead of them to say thanks to other m8 for the help they may tell you that i already have what you tell me whereas they make use what you provide them.
The ? Now is where is the person that start this thread?
Do they met his or her demand
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by nazzyon(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2007
Don't worry about that

4 peace

You will not grow wing with people thanking you, you'll not grow wing if they did not.

Just share what you got and never expect from nobody. That works for me.

Friend enjoy the room.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by 4peace(m): 2:12am On Jan 17, 2007
m8 this is not about growing wing.
he created the thread and where is him now and is the solution provided solve his problem,we dont know.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by nazzyon(m): 3:16am On Jan 17, 2007
Okay I get it. I wasn't accusing you.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by ztyle(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2008
i need the serial key of IMToo Ipod computer transfer, someone plz help   undecided
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2008
@ poster, try Switch Audio File Converter.  Last time I checked, it was free and does the job very well too.  Also, if you look at the ads displayed at the top of  the page on this site, you'd see Switch Audio converter being displayed.  It's right up your nose.  Peace!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by hayprof(m): 8:43am On May 17, 2008
You need iTunes. .

HERE wink
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by teenstexas: 3:11pm On May 17, 2008
ALSO TRY TO DOWNLOAD FROM www.nch.com/wavepad. it is a very powerful tool download wavepad for free and also download the components all inside the website-www.nch.com OR you can download total video converter.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by hayprof(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2008
iTunes automatically converts ur music files to mp3 format wen u add dem to your liabrary. .
Of course u av 2 enable that in settings. .
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 3:49pm On May 19, 2008
teenstexas:

ALSO TRY TO DOWNLOAD FROM www.nch.com/wavepad. it is a very powerful tool download wavepad for free and also download the components all inside the website-www.nch.com OR you can download total video converter.
I believe nch software is the same company that makes switch audio file converter (free). . . the URL is the one I posted on my previous comment.  Wavepad will do the job but they now seem to shove their master's edition, which is a free trial down your throat.   

hayprof:

iTunes automatically converts your music files to mp3 format when u add them to your liabrary. .
Of course u av 2 enable that in settings. .

@poster, he's right if you want to go that route but you will need to tweak the settings because Apple iTunes automatically converts the file to their proprietary M4A format using AC3 codec.  You will need to change the codec settings to mp3. I don't use iTunes that much.  Good luck!  Peace!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by Vuitton(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2008
I use itunes and i love it! Jus change the settings,
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by Suntemi(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2008
@ Poster, try download Total Video Converter. It's the best when it comes to converting. Other features include adjusting of media file volume. Xilisoft can't do that.
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 5:07pm On May 20, 2008
Why peeps dey recommend tools wey no free on hia when the poster (at least on the subject) clearly stated that he's looking for a FREE audio converter, still beats me.  Total video converter is not free!  It's only free to download, which makes it a shareware not a freeware!  full stop.   angry
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by SUNO1: 5:20pm On May 20, 2008
Lol let me add my two cents in. Try getting Any Audio Converter. As the name implies, it converts between any or most of the popular audio formats out there. Also extracting audio from video files. It's one of the few I use. Pretty decent.

They have an "Any Video Converter" too. If you need a video converter that is. Damn, it feels like I'm advertising for the damn company. I should be getting paid for this sh*t. But yea, try "Any Audio Converter."

---------
SUNO
---------
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2008
S.U.N.O:

Lol let me add my two cents in. Try getting Any Audio Converter. As the name implies, it converts between any or most of the popular audio formats out there. Also extracting audio from video files. It's one of the few I use. Pretty decent.

They have an "Any Video Converter" too. If you need a video converter that is. Damn, it feels like I'm advertising for the damn company. I should be getting paid for this sh*t. But yea, try "Any Audio Converter."

---------
SUNO
---------

Hey SUNO, cool tool you mentioned there.  It's kind of similar to Audio Extractor, which I use quite often.  Just like the tool you posted, it extracts audio from any video file format.  I'd play around with it sometime--by the way, it's free too.  Baba Ijebu won't post anything that's not legally free.   grin  Peace!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by SUNO1: 10:52pm On May 20, 2008
T@meD0:

Hey SUNO, cool tool you mentioned there. It's kind of similar to Audio Extractor, which I use quite often. Just like the tool you posted, it extracts audio from any video file format. I'd play around with it sometime--by the way, it's free too. Baba Ijebu won't post anything that's not legally free. grin Peace!

Yea I have Audio Extractor as well. It's a pretty decent software. I use that when extracting audio off Youtube downloaded files lol. But that's all it does though. I tried the DVD Copy, DVD Ripper and others, all had to be paid for :smh:. Still though, it does a pretty good job extracting audio from video files. Can't complain.

---------
SUNO
---------
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by ztyle(m): 12:42am On May 21, 2008
hmmmm i see
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 12:45am On May 21, 2008
S.You.N.O:

Yea I have Audio Extractor as well. It's a pretty decent software. I use that when extracting audio off Youtube downloaded files lol (Shhhhh! big brother's watching you  grin). But that's all it does though. I tried the DVD Copy, DVD Ripper and others, all had to be paid for :smh:. Still though, it does a pretty good job extracting audio from video files. Can't complain.

---------
SUNO

Lol! I hear ya!  Shey na after you don use save2pc get those annoying flvs from youtube?   grin   lipsrsealed  If you're into naija movies, check out some info. I posted on my blog (the url is in my profile).  The output is not bad so far I must say.  Just a thought-- if you're not into naija movies you can disregard the info.  Then again you never know what you might need them for in future  wink  Peace!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by ztyle(m): 12:48am On May 21, 2008
i quess u know he is offline now!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by TmeD0(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2008
ztyle:

i quess u know he is offline now!
Huh, were you talking to me?  If so, do you realize that when responding to a comment made by an individual, that individual doesn't necessarily have to be online before you can respond back?  You do understand that it's possible that everybody on here are not necessarily on the same time zone?  Besides, that individual can always come back and check their old postings---you do know that right?  I'm just checking.  Peace!
Re: Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format by uselo: 8:01pm On May 29, 2008
I have an Idea .The software is called switch.Youe can download it @ www.http://www.nch.com.au/switch/.It's very nice and easy to usel

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? / How To Transfer MB On Glo Newtwork / The Game Shop In Nigeria Lekki Official Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.