Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi (18210 Views)

FG Defends N197 To Dollar Exchange Rate For Hajj (photo) / Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by alienvirus: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Ok na. Then who is going to lose

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by SammyGyang(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Buhari had no intention to implement the Lagos/ Calabar rail that's why he didn't made provision for it in the budget of corruption. I'm sick and tired of this government giving excuses everyday on their incompetence. Amaechi is a sell out. Now he'll see the power of the North.

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Kangol99(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2016
K

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by gurunlocker: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I'm a stunch Buhari supporter and I must say that he started on a wrong note especially in delay of appointing ministers.

If Buhari had appointed ministers on time,they(ministers) would have had enough time to prepare the budget and make necessary amendments and corrections

How can you win Election in march, sworn in in may and then appoint ministers in November and in few weeks later, you submitted budget and you expect a 100 percent clean budget?

Disclaimer..... I supported Buhari becos jonathan wasn't an option.if jonathan had done well, Why will I give my support to Buhari? So even if Buhari dies today which I don't pray for, I will blame jonathan becos if he had done well, Buhari's name would have gone into oblivion while jonathan will be enjoying his second term peacefully!

when people make sincere comment, I do appreciate.... Only 1 of 100 APC supporters will be truthful like this.

Not dem passingshot, omenka etc

2 Likes

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Remii(m): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2016
MarshRiley:
Face your job as commander in chief...NO
Tell Tinubu to mind his business....NO
You people decided to take on the senate president,forgetting he has a lot of power
You don't take on the legislative and have a sweet ride
At the end,we still have a messed up budget,a trial case for d senate president and immense suffering for Nigerians
God Help Us
the know the power of senate president, reason they want their man on that seat
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by donodion(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2016
modath:

No Comment..... lipsrsealed

Oversight, oversight, oversight, the most important "function" of Legislathieves!!!

how can we implement #nigeriansoccupynass ? if they want it rough we can give them the hard way.Bunch of looters cant hold this nation to ransom cause of their greed and occultic alliance.

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by ColtPython(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2016
And the plan make sense o shocked
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by diegwu01: 10:49am On Apr 13, 2016
"PMB is on the right track" - Dangote
"Buhari is Doing a Great Job" - Barack Obama to Canadian Prime Minister
Nigeria needs an Great leader with great Integrity like Buhari" - Ban ki moon
"With Buhari, Nigeria has the Potentials of massive Growth" - Jacob Zuma
"Its a great privilege to work with a Genuine Partner whose passion is for the growth of his country" - Xi Jinping

" Buhari is a Religious Bigot, he hates Christians and He plans to Islamize and take over nigerians with his fulani Brothers" - Rantars Assoc of Nigeria AKA the Wailers

I think i will support Buhari again and Again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Originality007: 10:51am On Apr 13, 2016
but y the rail no pass Akure? angry angry angry angry
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2016
A savvy Nollywood producer can make a chart topping movie from the drama surrounding the budget. This ping-pong of blames between the executive and legislative arms of government has a deleterious effect on the citizenry. The President should first assent to the budget and follow it up with a supplementary one as was rightly advised by the PDP. I pray this 'CHANGE' will takeoff soon as it appears forever grounded!
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by nenergy(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
So even if Buhari dies today which I don't pray for
Why do people always associate Buhari with death?Starting from Fayose down to Nairalanders. Haba! Please say something else biko!
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by M4gunners: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2016
Aufbauh:
These 'Legislooters' are struggling hard to save their faces by being defensive and offensive at the same time amidst the exposition of their selfish and unscrupulous dispositions.

The right question to ask is that, are those NASS committee members not part of the assembly of the whole?

Consider this mathematics and judge for yourself if you feel anything good can out of the NASS;
Out of 476 members 2 were indicted in the Panama papers scandal whereas a nation of 170m only about 4 non politicians were involved so far.
Before you base your judgement, look for evidence first. If Amaechi and fg are sure of what they are saying, let them prove it by showing us a copy of the Budget before they presented it to NASS.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by fabre4: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2016
ckmayoca:
This guys are trying to make the pdp state citizens hate this administration and make totally give it's votes to pdp in next election.
Fg wanna include this but senate keep frustrating it. But why na? Are our senators not suppose to find ways to assist the pres. Get this done easily than forming James bond cos of saraki.

“The constitution has taken note of this kind of
scenario where you may have omissions or
shortfalls of allocations and Section 81 of the
Constitution is very clear on what you need to
do, which is to sign the budget and then submit
a supplementary appropriation.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by nightmile: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2016
Are these nonsense senators there for themselves or for the Nigerian people.? They have no choice but to revisit that project even if they have to do that hundred times. If they shift it till 2019 who knows maybe the price of crude oil would have gone down to $5 per barrel.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by teepain: 11:01am On Apr 13, 2016
Aufbauh:
These 'Legislooters' are struggling hard to save their faces by being defensive and offensive at the same time amidst the exposition of their selfish and unscrupulous dispositions.

The right question to ask is that, are those NASS committee members not part of the assembly of the whole?

Consider this mathematics and judge for yourself if you feel anything good can out of the NASS;
Out of 476 members 2 were indicted in the Panama papers scandal whereas a nation of 170m only about 4 non politicians were involved so far.

Aufbauh, the legislators aren't only trying to save their faces but they are trying to preserve their constituency projects which they smuggled into the budget. What is the essence of providing several billions of Naira for training NigCommSat when the executive has clarified that training is already embedded in the project cost.

What is the essence of making provisions for keke Napep and the rest when they weren't part of the original budget. If PMB signs the budget as already passed, he would inadvertently be rubber stamping of the intended sleaze of these legislators through constituency projects et al.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by LordVoldemort(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2016
rottennaija:
So they would rather not see the project included than see it executed. Already, they have shared the money to other projects that was not captured or that has already been budgeted for

you nailed it

this just greed on the part of Nass, if pmb insist on the project to be included before signing the budget, all the money diverted to constituency project will be withdraw to for the original project which translate to lesser money for the Nass Buffoons.

thats why they want the president to sign it and send a supplementary budget in which we will have to source for new funds for the rail project.

#greedy nass

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Adagba01: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2016
If the senate won't revisit the Calabar - Lagos rail line, then what happens to d N60 b budgeted for it? I can sense this NASS is becoming a treasury looting syndicate.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by tivta(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2016
At least majority of the members of Senate are apc, so no paid minion from apc can blame pdp for their in competency
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by modath(f): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2016
donodion:

how can we implement #nigeriansoccupynass ? if they want it rough we can give them the hard way.Bunch of looters cant hold this nation to ransom cause of their greed and occultic alliance.

It's a "project" I'm so looking forward to!!

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by debbleopto: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2016
Emekamex:
I am tired of this damn issue, Buhari and the legislature should quickly sit and tackle this problem once and for all.

Emekamex, This is one of the secret behind it. Struggle for 2019 started last year. Pdp & Apc started the war towards 2019. The calculation is if Apc develop that railway to calabar passing through all those area, then much development comes to the SS & SE will will endear buhari & Apc to those people against 2019. It will expose PDP's inactivity of 16 years despite massive support for their 16 years administration. So to prevent that the political hyenas must frustrate this project by all means. It is now left in the hand of the people whether it is politic or development they aspire for?

2 Likes

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by jayloms: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2016
So, what happens to d 54billion they diverted

NASS must be very very crazy! If Buhari assents to that manipulated budget then he should get ready to lose more supporters.

This ppl think they're wise eh! They want Buhari to assent to a manipulated bill which states that the budget for two project would now be used for only one, right??

The half smart dimwits wants d Lagos-calabar rail project captured in a supplementary budget kwa ?? Is dat not a way of further expanding d overall budget??

They shouldn't tempt the patience of d south esp d NDeltans. Better fix d nonsense or we #occupydNASS

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by abduljabbar4(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:
When a Dullard is in power the people are confused.

#Dullardiho.
No wonder you have been taken.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by magicalx(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2016
Ryabcool:
Oh my God! Are we cursed in this country or not! The National Assembly is the worst institution to ever happen to Nigeria. They have repeatedly frustrated every true developmental projects over the decades, and it's all because of their personal, financial and ethnic interests. There is no institution more divided and more destructive than the National Assembly. I feel it should be scrapped and reconstituted!

The Senate said they should send a supplementary budget, you guys have problem with eEnglish this Executive is the standing definition of incompetence
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by gare(f): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=Ofunaofu post=44653074]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fg-defends-amaechi-says-project-captured-in-budget/[/quote

So, the National Assembly, the Senate is open if the executive brings a supplementary appropriation with respect to these and any other issue that they feel very strongly about. We are ready and willing to consider such.

Why all this noise, the time spent on all this would have been used to prepare a supplementary budget and send to the house, we should waste time arguing back and forth over this issue.

Amaechi was a former speaker and knows how this things works rather going into war of words with the national Assembly.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by folks4luv(f): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I'm a stunch Buhari supporter and I must say that he started on a wrong note especially in delay of appointing ministers.

If Buhari had appointed ministers on time,they(ministers) would have had enough time to prepare the budget and make necessary amendments and corrections

How can you win Election in march, sworn in in may and then appoint ministers in November and in few weeks later, you submitted budget and you expect a 100 percent clean budget?

Disclaimer..... I supported Buhari becos jonathan wasn't an option.if jonathan had done well, Why will I give my support to Buhari? So even if Buhari dies today which I don't pray for, I will blame jonathan becos if he had done well, Buhari's name would have gone into oblivion while jonathan will be enjoying his second term peacefully!
lol. ur own blame game is deep I must confess. u will blame GEJ if PMB pass? that's classic
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by Kunlegzy(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2016
magicalx:

The Senate said they should send a supplementary budget, you guys have problem with eEnglish this Executive is the standing definition of incompetence

**** Despite all the break down...you still couldn't comprehend grin

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by amtaken(f): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2016
grin

abduljabbar4:

No wonder you have been taken.
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by ashjay001(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2016
malton:
This very senate might well go down as the worst calamity to befall mankind!

Never before has there been such a gaggle of nincompoops in government all at once!

Its shameful, disgraceful and unbelievable, that our poor country would be so blessed, all at once! From d executive to d legislative to d judiciary; all nincompoops!
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2016
The closed-door session where the resolution was taken, was clouded in heated arguments as some senators of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, insisted on capturing the Lagos-Calabar rail project in the budget, while those from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stood firm that the President must assent the budget and later submit the project in a supplementary budget.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fg-defends-amaechi-says-project-captured-in-budget/

Thank you modath for pointing this out.

At least, we know Sen. Ben Bruce and his crew are against the Lagos-Calabar Railway Project.

Let me see all those so called South South people that defend these people who do not want good things for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by ashjay001(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=gare post=44661308][/quote]

What u don't seem to get is; if d main budget was distorted and defaced, what's stops them from delaying or refusing to pass any supplementary budget? D govt would be forced to work with that crazy document passed and as such derail its programmes! If it delays work or refuses to implement, then due to their oversight functions, they can take steps to start impeachment proceedings against d clueless head of govt! I support PMB, but how can he make d same mistake as d regrettable past govt and surround himself with incompetent buffoons?!

1 Like

Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by sirAmeh(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2016
There have to be a neutral ground between both parties involve,so that achievement could me made!!
Re: Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi by sirAmeh(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2016
There have to be a neutral ground between both parties involve,so that achievements could me made!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm / MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release / Osinbajo Meets With Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.