Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) (8383 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Abu Hurayrah – The Great Hadith Narrator / Lets Learn About The Life Of Abu Bakr As-siddiq(r.a) - Briefly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
Makes sense isn't?. Now is that established tafsir of the hadith 'in Adam's image' as understood by scholars?.

You know it's like when trinitarian christians interpret ".....I'm ascending to my God and to your God" in the light of triune gods.

The same verse can be read in the light of unitarian (One God). If the hadith is understood as you said, that his image refers to Adam, that makes sense. Then English translation needs revision. I will like to read scholarly opinion on this. However, it makes sense for a muslim to disagree with the hadith has its literally written. This has nothing to do with aqeeda, sects, path etc. It's rather tafsir issue.

There is a similar verse in sura Hajj (22:78)

"......it's He who named you muslims"

There are muslims who think 'he' mentioned in the verse refers to Ibrahim(as) because some translations do not have parenthesis. I never understood it that way even without usool, tafsir. I have always thought it refers to Allah bcus Adam (as) came before Ibrahim (as) and Adam was a muslim. That's how I derived my meaning.

Subhannahllah I withdraw my earlier statement of the pronoun returning to Adam, I just went back to read the sayings of the salaf about it and indeed the pronoun returns ro Allah. May Allah repair my deeds and not. Hold me accountable for what I saaid of mistake. Now after saying this, does it now mean the hadith is da'eef? Laa wallah, it's sahih and whoever claims it isn't is only standing upon the heretical belief Of the Jahmiyyoon.

And whoever says human are like Allah is also standing on Heresy.

So what do the salafs stand on?

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “The word soorah (image) in this hadeeth is like all the other names and attributes narrated (in the texts) where the words used may also be applied to created beings, in a limited manner. When these words are applied to Allaah, they carry a unique meaning, such as al-‘Aleem (All Knowing), al-Qadeer (All-Powerful), al-Raheem (Most Merciful), al-Samee’ (All Hearing), al-Baseer (All-Seeing), and such as His creating with His hands, rising above the Throne, etc.” Naqd al-Ta’sees, 3/396 

And he said: “There was no dispute among the salaf of the first three generations that the pronoun in the hadeeth refers to Allaah, and it is narrated through many isnaads from many of the Sahaabah.

May Allah protect us from heresy
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
^
I was just about to post salaf's understanding of it. I was going to ask where you got your "tafsir" from?.

Now the other brother Newnas and fundamentalist appear to agree with your view. But salaf's understanding is not binding either. Look at explanation given including that of ibn Tayimiyah, this is why I said earlier to my brother that Christians would not understand it even if usool is explained. I have came across same explanation before but it definitely doesn't add up to me.

Remember there were scholars in the time of Sheik ul islam who disagreed with him as well

https://islamqa.info/en/20652

So Newnas doesn't understand salafi meaning of the hadith either but condemned Albaqir....see what I'm talking about?.

Knowledge is broad. And thanks for rectification.

However it means sheik ibn Tayimiyah INTERPRETED the hadith which is of course NOT binding on ALL muslims
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
brother, pls stop this. It makes no sense. You too harsh all the time. Knowledge is not confined with anyone. There are things you don't know that he knows.

This is Empiree, he just follows around, doesn't induce crises but catalyses it.

These are the two most important people you should identify on the forum. The others are mostly the common Muslims that you know and they vary in their knowledge of Islam and adherence to it.

I'm Newnas, trying to spread the sunnah of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam according to the interpretation of the righteous predecessors i.e companions and those who follow them.

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Subhannahllah I withdraw my earlier statement of the pronoun returning to Adam, I just went back to read the sayings of the salaf about it and indeed the pronoun returns ro Allah. May Allah repair my deeds and not. Hold me accountable for what I saaid of mistake. Now after saying this, does it now mean the hadith is da'eef? Laa wallah, it's sahih and whoever claims it isn't is only standing upon the heretical belief Of the Jahmiyyoon.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “The word soorah (image) in this hadeeth is like all the other names and attributes narrated (in the texts) where the words used may also be applied to created beings, in a limited manner. When these words are applied to Allaah, they carry a unique meaning, such as al-‘Aleem (All Knowing), al-Qadeer (All-Powerful), al-Raheem (Most Merciful), al-Samee’ (All Hearing), al-Baseer (All-Seeing), and such as His creating with His hands, rising above the Throne, etc.” Naqd al-Ta’sees, 3/396

And he said: “There was no dispute among the salaf of the first three generations that the pronoun in the hadeeth refers to Allaah, and it is narrated through many isnaads from many of the Sahaabah.

I don't think you finished the article.

What is meant, according to the scholars, is that Allaah created Adam with the ability to hear and see, and to speak when he wants. These are also attributes of Allaah, for He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He has a Face, may He be glorified and exalted.
But it does not mean that there is any resemblance or likeness. Rather the image of Allaah is different from that of created beings. What is meant is that He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He created Adam also able to hear and see, with a face and hands and feet. But man’s hearing is not like Allaah’s hearing, his seeing is not like Allaah’s seeing, his speaking is not like Allaah’s speaking. Rather Allaah has attributes that befit His majesty and might, and man has attributes that befit him, attributes that are finite and imperfect, whereas the attributes of Allaah are perfect, with no shortcomings, infinite and without end. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”
[al-Shoora 42:11]
“And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him”
[al-Ikhlaas 112:4]
So it is not permissible to strike the face or say “May Allaah deform your face”.
End quote. Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh , 4/226
Another thing that will help to explain the meaning of this hadeeth is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The first group to enter Paradise will be in the image of the moon” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3245; Muslim, 2834.” What the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant here is that the first group will be in human form, but because of their purity, beauty and brightness of face they will look like the moon, so they are likened to the moon, but without resembling it. So just because a thing is said to be in the image of a thing it does not mean that it is like it in all aspects.
The Prophet’s words, “Adam was created in His image” means that Allaah created Adam in His image, for He has a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot, and Adam had a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot… but that does not mean that these things are exactly the same. There is some similarity, but it is not exactly the same. Similarly the first group to enter Paradise are likened to the moon, but they are not exactly the same. This confirms the view of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah, who say that none of the attributes of Allaah can be likened to the attributes of created beings, without distorting or misinterpreting, or discussing how or likening Him to His creation.
See Sharh al-‘Aqeedah al-Waasitah by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/107, 293.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
^
I was just about to post salaf's understanding of it. I was going to ask where you got your "tafsir" from?.

Now the other brother Newnas and fundamentalist appear to agree with your view. But salaf's understanding is not binding either. Look at explanation given including that of ibn Tayimiyah, this is why I said earlier to my brother that Christians would not understand it even if usool is explained. I have came across same explanation before but it definitely doesn't add up to me.

Remember there were scholars in the time of Sheik ul islam who disagreed with him as well

So Newnas doesn't understand salafi meaning of the hadith either but condemned Albaqir....see what I'm talking about?.

Knowledge is broad. And thanks for rectification.

However it means sheik ibn Tayimiyah INTERPRETED the hadith which is of course NOT binding on ALL muslims

Alhamdulillah!
You know why we need to understand Islam in light of the salaf is just like the prophet warned us about the breaking of the ummah into 73 sects, people could intentionally misinterprete texts to cause confusion and heresy, but the first 3 generations were specifically hand chosen as the best of generation by the prophet, hence anything we take as religion should be based on their understanding to avoid falling into errors.
And about the Christians, we need to be careful when engaging them for in the process, we might fall into worse error than what we are trying to achieve. Remember the prophet's instruction to us through Umar? We should not just condemn everything in their books for there are truths in it and lies, so we hold our tongues back from what are in their scriptures that the Qur'an didn't declare false lest we call the truth lie!

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Newnas:

Are you acting a drama?

Laa just trying to carry people along!
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Alhamdulillah!
You know why we need to understand Islam in light of the salaf is just like the prophet warned us about the breaking of the ummah into 73 sects, people could intentionally misinterprete texts to cause confusion and heresy, but the first 3 generations were specifically hand chosen as the best of generation by the prophet, hence anything we take as religion should be based on their understanding to avoid falling into errors.
And about the Christians, we need to be careful when engaging them for in the process, we might fall into worse error than what we are trying to achieve. Remember the prophet's instruction to us through Umar? We should not just condemn everything in their books for there are truths in it and lies, so we hold our tongues back from what are in their scriptures that the Qur'an didn't declare false lest we call the truth lie!
I understand that. The reason christians have to be condemned in this sense is because the "image" means exactly what it means, Jesus, since that whom they considered God. Therefore, Acadip was right to condemn it.

What I am trying to say however, is, there is nothing wrong in your earlier "tafsir" when you placed pronoun in the proper context. That is the way newnas understands it NOT the way of salaf even though he claims to be one. Also, Sheik ul Islam is not aslaf, his explanation or interpretation is borne out of his understanding. He's not amongst the first 3 generations pinpointed by rosul(saw). So what I am saying is, his understanding is not binding unless if that is the way aslaf understood and interpreted the hadith but i havent seen that yet. Can you post Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali's(RA) understanding of the hadith?. These are the foremost aslaf
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Alhamdulillah!

AlhamduliLlah, I read the article too, and increased in knowledge and guidance.

But Abu Hurayrah is free of the evil OP ascribes to him.

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Newnas:

AlhamduliLlah, I read the article too, and increased in knowledge and guidance.

But Abu Hurayrah is free of the evil OP ascribes to him.
I plead to you to stop this. It snt make sense. You cant just hate on someone base on sect. I know he has problem with Abu Hurayra(ra). But sometimes, is it his fault?. There are epistles he posted sometimes ago that are gleaned from Sunni literature blackmailing Abu Hurayra(ra). The problem is rather with literature not op. And yes, he does posts some things that he probably does not understand.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
I plead to you to stop this. It snt make sense. Yiu can just hate on someone base on sect. I know he has problem with Abu Hurayra(ra). But sometimes, is it his fault?. There are epistles he posted sometimes ago that are gleaned from Sunni literature blackmailing Abu Hurayra(ra). The problem is rather with literature not op. And yes, he does post some things that he probably does not understand.

I believe you don't know the implication(s) of those things he is uttering. If not you wouldn't even dare to say a tenth of what you are saying.

I seek refuge in Allah from the evil of those who do not honour the companions of Allah's messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam.

Anyway, I have no personal hatred for OP because he has neither transgressed my wealth or honour (except during arguments which I understand and pardon). I only have hatred for the evils he utters, spreads and calls to

3 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
I plead to you to stop this. It snt make sense. Yiu can just hate on someone base on sect. I know he has problem with Abu Hurayra(ra). But sometimes, is it his fault?. There are epistles he posted sometimes ago that are gleaned from Sunni literature blackmailing Abu Hurayra(ra). The problem is rather with literature not op. And yes, he does post some things that he probably does not understand.

I understand how you feel about Newnas's post but let me show you how much of an evil casting aspersions and calling a companion a liar is... firstly it means the entire religion is false because the prophet was by far the most important figure in Islam but we're it not for the narations of the companions and their efforts, Islam would probably not survive and if they were to be accused of lying, then the entire religion will be false which will then contradict many verses in the Qur'an
Secondly calling a companion a kafir or liar is a very grave issue because it will go against verses of the Qur'an like this one
مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ ٱللَّهِ ۚ وَٱلَّذِينَ مَعَهُۥٓ أَشِدَّآءُ عَلَى ٱلْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ تَرَىٰهُمْ رُكَّعًا سُجَّدًا يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًا مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرِضْوَٰنًا ۖ سِيمَاهُمْ فِى وُجُوهِهِم مِّنْ أَثَرِ ٱلسُّجُودِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلتَّوْرَىٰةِ ۚ وَمَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلْإِنجِيلِ كَزَرْعٍ أَخْرَجَ شَطْـَٔهُۥ فَـَٔازَرَهُۥ فَٱسْتَغْلَظَ فَٱسْتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِۦ يُعْجِبُ ٱلزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ ٱلْكُفَّارَ ۗ وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِنْهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًۢا
Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
48:29

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
I understand that. The reason christians have to be condemned in this sense is because the "image" means exactly what it means, Jesus, since that whom they considered God. Therefore, Acadip was right to condemn it.

What I am trying to say however, is, there is nothing wrong in your earlier "tafsir" when you placed pronoun in the proper context. That is the way newnas understands it NOT the way of salaf even though he claims to be one. Also, Sheik ul Islam is not aslaf, his explanation or interpretation is borne out of his understanding. He's not amongst the first 3 generations pinpointed by rosul(saw). So what I am saying is, his understanding is not binding unless if that is the way aslaf understood and interpreted the hadith but i havent seen that yet. Can you post Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali's(RA) understanding of the hadith?. These are the foremost aslaf

Do you mean the interpretation of texts on the names and attributes of Allah in General or on this particular hadith and other similar hadiths alone?
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:

Do you mean the interpretation of texts on the names and attributes of Allah in General or on this particular hadith and other similar hadiths alone?
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

First, allow me to say I have no problem with interpretation given by Sheik-ul-Isam(ra). However I am refering to the particular hadith.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

I understand how you feel about Newnas's post but let me show you how much of an evil casting aspersions and calling a companion a liar is... firstly it means the entire religion is false because the prophet was by far the most important figure in Islam but we're it not for the narations of the companions and their efforts, Islam would probably not survive and if they were to be accused of lying, then the entire religion will be false which will then contradict many verses in the Qur'an
Secondly calling a companion a kafir or liar is a very grave issue because it will go against verses of the Qur'an like this one
مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ ٱللَّهِ ۚ وَٱلَّذِينَ مَعَهُۥٓ أَشِدَّآءُ عَلَى ٱلْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ تَرَىٰهُمْ رُكَّعًا سُجَّدًا يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًا مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرِضْوَٰنًا ۖ سِيمَاهُمْ فِى وُجُوهِهِم مِّنْ أَثَرِ ٱلسُّجُودِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلتَّوْرَىٰةِ ۚ وَمَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلْإِنجِيلِ كَزَرْعٍ أَخْرَجَ شَطْـَٔهُۥ فَـَٔازَرَهُۥ فَٱسْتَغْلَظَ فَٱسْتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِۦ يُعْجِبُ ٱلزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ ٱلْكُفَّارَ ۗ وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِنْهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًۢا
Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
I go against those Shia who do that. I understand gravity of insulting sahabas. You should know that not all Shia do that. So it's unfair to castigate all. Another reason is, it's no longer Shia issue. Some salafi brothers today talking trash about Umar(ra),calling him names. So it is no longer Shia thing. Besides, some of the Shia Ulama have been warning against cursing Sahaba. I dont think it is proper thing to curse even though they disagree with the first three Imams. They should at least see them as muslims and treat them as such. I am not aware of any shia here calling any of the sahaba kafir.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Ibn Katheer mentioned that;

Imam Malik used the verse as evidence that the shia are disbelievers, because of the part of the verse that says;

" ....He may enrage the disbelievers with them.."

tafseer ibn Katheer 7/362

Imam Qurtubiyy said; Malik has done well in his statement and was right in his interpretation... (tafseer Qurtubiyy 16/297)

As for the claim of the rafidhah that the Quran was changed, then they are not muslims, rather it is a sect that was innovated 25 years after the prophet's death alyhissolaat wassalaam (Al fisal fil milal wa nihal 2/65)

https://islamqa.info/ar/113676

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
First, allow me to say I have no problem with interpretation given by Sheik-ul-Isam(ra). However I am refering to the particular hadith.
Sincerely I can't find any on this particular hadith for I'm in a place I can't really search well. However what I believe could be responsible for the scarcity was because during the time of the salaf, they would explain in general terms what to do About verses and ahadith regarding the attributes of Allah generally for there wasn't really any fitnah of much heresies then, but later when the Jahmiyyoon surfaced that was when much explanations on the topic arose, that's why you would find many sayings on the topic after the surfacing of the sect than before it.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
I go against those Shia who do that. I understand gravity of insulting sahabas. You should know that not all Shia do that. So it's unfair to castigate all. Another reason is, it's no longer Shia issue. Some salafi brothers today talking trash about Umar(ra),calling him names. So it is no longer Shia thing. Besides, some of the Shia Ulama have been warning against cursing Sahaba. I dont think it is proper thing to curse even though they disagree with the first three Imams. They should at least see them as muslims and treat them as such. I am not aware of any shia here calling any of the sahaba kafir.

It suffices as evil for a person to speak of a companion with foul language such as dotard and even calling the wives of the prophet deviants and calling Abu Bakr and Umar innovators.

If he adds curses to it then he only increases in misfortune over misfortune.

There is no salafi brother that will do what you have said, except a shia in salafi clothing.

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Sincerely I can't find any on this particular hadith for I'm in a place I can't really search well. However what I believe could be responsible for the scarcity was because during the time of the salaf, they would explain in general terms what to do About verses and ahadith regarding the attributes of Allah generally for there wasn't really any fitnah of much heresies then, but later when the Jahmiyyoon surfaced that was when much explanations on the topic arose, that's why you would find many sayings on the topic after the surfacing of the sect than before it.

And Allah knows best.
You see clearly why his opinion is not binding?. Islam is filled with scholars with varied, vast ilm. This is why i said earlier that if Acadip was to explain the hadith the of way Ibn Taymiyah, christian audience would not understand. Your initial interpretation is not hearsay either. It is still in line with Sharia. Just like I pointed out before in Sura 22:78, some muslims misunderstood the ayah.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Newnas:

It suffices as evil for a person to speak of a companion with foul language such as dotard and even calling the wives of the prophet deviants and calling Abu Bakr and Umar innovators.

If he adds curses to it then he only increases in misfortune over misfortune.

There is no salafi brother that will do what you have said, except a shia in salafi clothing.
Lol @underlined, I guess you are yet to watch a youtube video (that's your homework).

Anyways, this is another topic entirely.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Now back to this hadith, I am not asserting that sahih bukhari or Muslim is perfect, but it isn't left to us to decide which hadith is or not.

A's for the hadith in the OP, the problem is from the English translation, the hadith if read in Arabic makes absolute sense without any ambiguity, for the pronoun in his image goes back to Adam and not Allah, so we could as well interprete it as Allah created Adam in Adam's image of...
And Allah knows best, and may the perfect peace be on his khalil. Muhammad

The hadith is clear as you have said. Your conclusion was just influenced by your firm belief that Nothing could be liken unto Allah. Your conclusion was not from the text. And I understand the urge to defend. "KhalaqaLLAHU Adama ala suratih...Allah created Adam in His image". You said, "Allah created Adam in Adam's image" Does that make any sense akhi? Adam was the first human being created by Allah. How then he was created in his own image? What was his (Adam) image before he was created?!

# Again, Some have tried to interpret the tradition by ascribing the pronoun (his image) to Adam himself not to Allah. Then the meaning would be that Allah had created Adam in Paradise in an image same to that when he descended to the earth. That Allah had completed him in one time and made him sixty cubits long and seven cubits wide, the same image, which his offspring on the earth saw, and he did not advance from a state to another. Adam was not a seed then became a clot then a lump of flesh then bones clothed with flesh then a fetus then a suckling infant then a weaned child then a teenager then a man with the normal length and width.

But it was narrated by Abu Hurayra in these words: “Adam had been created corresponding to the image of the Beneficent (Allah (S.w.T.)).” *Abu Hurayra had another tradition saying: “Prophet Moses (a.s.) beat the rock with his stick for the Israelites and water gushed out. He said to them: “Drink water, donkeys.” Then Allah revealed to him: “You intended to compare the human beings, whom I had created according to My image, to donkeys.”•

Ref: *^ Al-Qastalani mentioned this tradition in his book Irshad as-Sari, vol.10, pg.491and said that the pronoun (his) in Abu Hurayra’s tradition (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image..), referred to Allah (S.w.T.) and not to Adam.

•^Ibn Qutayba mentioned this tradition in his book (Interpretation of different traditions) pg.280, and made it as evidence that the pronoun (his) in Abu Hurayra’s saying: (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image) referred to Allah (S.w.T.) and not to Adam.

# Some also interpreted Abu Hurayra’s sayings: (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image) and (Adam had been created according to the image of the Beneficent) and in his tradition about Moses (I had created them according to my image) that Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam and his progenies according to the attributes of Allah (S.w.T.).

Allah (S.w.T.) is alive, hearer, seer, talker, aware, willing and disliker. So He had given these attributes to Adam and his progeny. They fell into what they fled from, because the attribute of Allah (S.w.T.) is far above comparison. This is agreed upon unanimously among those who believe in transcendence of Allah (S.w.T.). Especially when we say that His attribute is He Himself and that He is the Truth as it is fixed in our principles of jurisprudence. Abu Hurayra advanced in this tradition. Sometime he narrated it as above and sometime he said: “If someone of you quarrels with another, let him avoid the face because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image.”
Ref: Muslim’s Sahih, vol.2 section on hitting face being forbidden, pg.397

Sometime he said: “If someone of you hits another, let avoid the face and not say: May Allah (S.w.T.) uglify your face and the face of whoever looks like you, because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image."
Ref: Mentioned by al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad and by Ahmed in his Musnad, vol.2, pg.434

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:

[size=2pt]The hadith is clear as you have said. Your conclusion was just influenced by your firm belief that Nothing could be liken unto Allah. Your conclusion was not from the text. And I understand the urge to defend. "KhalaqaLLAHU Adama ala suratih...Allah created Adam in His image". You said, "Allah created Adam in Adam's image" Does that make any sense akhi? Adam was the first human being created by Allah. How then he was created in his own image? What was his (Adam) image before he was created?!

# Again, Some have tried to interpret the tradition by ascribing the pronoun (his image) to Adam himself not to Allah. Then the meaning would be that Allah had created Adam in Paradise in an image same to that when he descended to the earth. That Allah had completed him in one time and made him sixty cubits long and seven cubits wide, the same image, which his offspring on the earth saw, and he did not advance from a state to another. Adam was not a seed then became a clot then a lump of flesh then bones clothed with flesh then a fetus then a suckling infant then a weaned child then a teenager then a man with the normal length and width.

But it was narrated by Abu Hurayra in these words: “Adam had been created corresponding to the image of the Beneficent (Allah (S.w.T.)).” *Abu Hurayra had another tradition saying: “Prophet Moses (a.s.) beat the rock with his stick for the Israelites and water gushed out. He said to them: “Drink water, donkeys.” Then Allah revealed to him: “You intended to compare the human beings, whom I had created according to My image, to donkeys.”•

Ref: *^ Al-Qastalani mentioned this tradition in his book Irshad as-Sari, vol.10, pg.491and said that the pronoun (his) in Abu Hurayra’s tradition (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image..), referred to Allah (S.w.T.) and not to Adam.

•^Ibn Qutayba mentioned this tradition in his book (Interpretation of different traditions) pg.280, and made it as evidence that the pronoun (his) in Abu Hurayra’s saying: (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image) referred to Allah (S.w.T.) and not to Adam.

# Some also interpreted Abu Hurayra’s sayings: (Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image) and (Adam had been created according to the image of the Beneficent) and in his tradition about Moses (I had created them according to my image) that Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam and his progenies according to the attributes of Allah (S.w.T.).

Allah (S.w.T.) is alive, hearer, seer, talker, aware, willing and disliker. So He had given these attributes to Adam and his progeny. They fell into what they fled from, because the attribute of Allah (S.w.T.) is far above comparison. This is agreed upon unanimously among those who believe in transcendence of Allah (S.w.T.). Especially when we say that His attribute is He Himself and that He is the Truth as it is fixed in our principles of jurisprudence. Abu Hurayra advanced in this tradition. Sometime he narrated it as above and sometime he said: “If someone of you quarrels with another, let him avoid the face because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image.”
Ref: Muslim’s Sahih, vol.2 section on hitting face being forbidden, pg.397

Sometime he said: “If someone of you hits another, let avoid the face and not say: May Allah (S.w.T.) uglify your face and the face of whoever looks like you, because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image."
Ref: Mentioned by al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad and by Ahmed in his Musnad, vol.2, pg.434[/size]
What Do You Think Of Ibn Tayimiyah's tawil Of The Hadith?. Well, sister took back her previous post. She now adheres to Ibn Taymiyah's opinion. So she's no fault now.

However, I love her initial explanation of "his image". That's sweet in my opinion. Perhaps, could (his image) refers to human being/human form?.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Alhamdulillah!
You know why we need to understand Islam in light of the salaf is just like the prophet warned us about the breaking of the ummah into 73 sects, people could intentionally misinterprete texts to cause confusion and heresy, but the first 3 generations were specifically hand chosen as the best of generation by the prophet,

Pardon please. Where exactly did the holy Prophet asked us to follow the understanding of Islam as stated by "salaf"? Can you bring sahih evidence? What you and I were commanded to do as the salaf themselves, is in Hadith Thaqalain and Hadith Khalifatain. A version reads: I have left behind over you Two weighty things (in another version, it is Two Khalifahs) that so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray; the Book of Allah and my itrah (offspring), my Ahlulbayt. Both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the pool.

# To the bold^, the first three generations! What exactly made these generations best? This is my sincere question for whoever is sincere. In these generations, believers fought against themselves and massacred themselves! These are generations that massacred the blessed family of the their Prophet! These are generations that started the divisions (sectarianism) among the Muslims that continues till date. These are very few of evils committed by these generations esp after the demise of the Prophet. The only thing good in those generations were the presence of Nabiy Muhammad, his purified household and sincere believers from among the Sahabah

# Imam Bukhari (d. 256 H):

Aḥmad b. Salih – Ibn Wahb – Yunus – Ibn Shihab – Ibn al-Musayyab, who used to narrate from the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

Some men from MY SAHABAH will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it. So, I will say, “O my Lord, my Sahabah. It will be said, “You have no knowledge of what they INNOVATED after you: they turned APOSTATES.

Ref: al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtaṣar (Beirut: Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Mustafa Dib al-Bagha], vol. 5, p. 2407, # 6214

AlMuflihah:

hence anything we take as religion should be based on their understanding to avoid falling into errors.
!

Am afraid if you follow anybody with the tag of "Sahabah", that's absolute failure.

# Imam al-Bukhari records the testimony of one of these Sahabah:

Aḥmad b. Ishkāb – Muḥammad b. Fuḍayl – al-‘Alā b. al-Musayyab – his father (al-Musayyab):

I met al-Barā b. ‘Āzib, may Allāh be pleased with them both, and I said, “Congratulations to you! You kept company of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and gave him ba’yah under the Tree”. As a result of this, he replied, “O son of my brother, you do not know what WE HAVE INNOVATED after him."

Ref: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Muḥammad b. Ismā’īl b. Ibrāhīm b. Mughīrah al-Bukhārī al-Ju’fī, al-Jāmi’ al-Ṣaḥīḥ al-Mukhtaṣar (Beirut: Dār Ibn Kathīr; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Muṣṭafā Dīb al-Baghā], vol. 4, p. 1529, # 3937

NB: If you need more shocking confessions from some Sahabah with their innovations, will furnish you. This is hard talk and plain truth.

# Again what the Prophet commanded you and I to adhere to that can safeguard us from deviations and hell is in Hadith Thaqalain (Two weighty things).
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
What Do You Think Of Ibn Tayimiyah's tawil Of The Hadith?. Well, sister took back her previous post. She now adheres to Ibn Taymiyah's opinion. So she's no fault now.

However, I love her initial explanation of "his image". That's sweet in my opinion. Perhaps, could (his image) refers to human being/human form?.

It seemed I missed something faah. What was Ibn Taymiyyah (the Mujassim)'s Tawil of the hadith? I will love to read it please.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:

It seemed I missed something faah. What was Ibn Taymiyyah (the Mujassim)'s Tawil of the hadith? I will love to read it please.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

You are adding more fuel to fire, ukhti. Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah was a Mujassim (anthropomorphist). He believed Allah has a body (Haqiqi). Anyway let's further look into his submissions. I have answered that in my previous comment but I will like to add by asking you simple question:

# What is Dhatillah (Allah's essence)? # What are His Siffat (attributes)? # Can you separate His siffat from His Essence? # In His Essence and Siffat, is there a match or like to Him? LAYSA KAMISLIHI SHAY'UN...WA LAM YAKUN LAHU KUFUWAN AHAD... [HE HAS NO MATCH IN ANYTHING]

# About the word "soorah", let Ibn Taymiyyah and whoever twist the meaning the way they like, Allah has no soorah (image). We know Him through His Essence and His siffat (attributes). Period!

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empiree:
Empiree:
.Your initial interpretation is not hearsay either. It is still in line with Sharia.

A very faulty and desperate interpretation. The text is extra clear. The pronoun goes back to the Creator. Kindly read my reply on that to her. And you can imagine the "programming". She surrender her submission because Ibn Taymiyyah himself believe the pronoun goes back to Allah and not Adam. In Salafiyyah, you are not allow to think or submit on your own. You must submit based on what salaf says. Allah says: We have revealed this Quran in plain Arabic so that you may understand(surah Yusuf:2), "And indeed, We have made the Qur’an easy for direction and guidance, but is there anyone who will take advice? {surah Qamar: 17 etc.

In Shi'i theology, anything reported or documented by anybody, attributed to the holy Prophet or his Household that contradict Quran in anyway is definitely not from him (peace be upon him and his household). That is the first criteria in Shi'i ilm hadith, before you can ever think of any other thing. There are lots of ahadith in Shi'i documents from the Prophet and the Aimmah on that. You don't say one hadith is sahih because its Sanad (chain) is okay and start twisting it while its matn (content) is absurd and against Quran and Aql.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:

A very faulty and desperate interpretation. The text is extra clear. The pronoun goes back to the Creator. Kindly read my reply on that to her. And you can imagine the "programming". She surrender her submission because Ibn Taymiyyah himself believe the pronoun goes back to Allah and not Adam. In Salafiyyah, you are not allow to think or submit on your own. You must submit based on what salaf says. Allah says: We have revealed this Quran in plain Arabic so that you may understand(surah Yusuf:2), "And indeed, We have made the Qur’an easy for direction and guidance, but is there anyone who will take advice? {surah Qamar: 17 etc.

In Shi'i theology, anything reported or documented by anybody, attributed to the holy Prophet or his Household that contradict Quran in anyway is definitely not from him (peace be upon him and his household). That is the first criteria in Shi'i ilm hadith, before you can ever think of any other thing. There are lots of ahadith in Shi'i documents from the Prophet and the Aimmah on that. You don't say one hadith is sahih because its Sanad (chain) is okay and start twisting it while its matn (content) is absurd and against Quran and Aql.

Very beneficial, but the hatred of the companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum directly contradicts the Quran. So, what's your excuse?

Restricting the source of your shareeah to only the household, that doesn't contradict the Quran too, Abi?!

accusing Allah of ignorance, that doesn't contradict the Quran?!

Saying the texts of the Quran has been distorted, that doesn't contradict the Quran too?!

Grave worshipping, that also doesn't contradict the Quran?!

mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Demmzy15(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
Salam everyone, sorry to break into this argument. I wanna ask AlBaqir a question :

What do you mean by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah(rah) was a Mujassim (anthropomorphist) and give evidence for this!

Jazaka Allaah kayran in advance.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Demmzy15:
Salam everyone, sorry to break into this argument. I wanna ask AlBaqir a question :

What do you mean by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah(rah) was a Mujassim (anthropomorphist) and give evidence for this!

Jazaka Allaah kayran in advance.

I'm sorry brother. I don't have much time posting on a full blown heretic, a mujassim, a nasibi and takfiri. However you can read what Sunni Shuyukh of Ibn Taymiyyah's contemporary say about him:
http://www.sunnah.org/fiqh/refuting.htm
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Demmzy15(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
AlBaqir:

I'm sorry brother. I don't have much time posting on a full blown heretic, a mujassim, a nasibi and takfiri. However you can read what Sunni Shuyukh of Ibn Taymiyyah's contemporary say about him:
http://www.sunnah.org/fiqh/refuting.htm
Sorry, looks like you don't understand me. You claimed or said he's a Mujassim, I need proves on how he's a Mujassim, what did he say or do that made him a Mujassim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Times Of Calamity, People Divide Into Four Levels – Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! / Has Any Muslim Had A Journey From Islam To Atheism And Back To Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.