Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara (11057 Views)

2018 Budget: Dogara Reveals Why Buhari’s Proposal May Suffer Delay / No Money Misappropriated In 2016 Budget – Dogara / NASS Will Not Override President’s Veto On 2016 Budget —dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Dindondin(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Why can't we just do a trial by voting out every PDP or APC aspirants in 2019?
Let every Nigerian sane youth join hands & form a party which carries the identity of good governance which ll be used to vote out every APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
I believe the house of senate is the upper house while house of rep is lower, concerning this budget matter the house of senate(Bukola Saraki) has the final say and not Dogaro.

My question is, what can Dogaro do?, becos i knw his nt suppose to pass the budget.

Those government analyst over me shld give me an answer.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by GaniLAb(m): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
May God bless our reps and guide our senators to the right path.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ogmaskman: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
The President should take a cue from this by getting down from his high horse and pen his signature to the budget. Provisions can then be made for the Lagos-Calabar rail in a supplementary budget. We have had enough of this ping-pong of blames between both arms of government.

The issue transcends the presidents signature. How do u expect t him to sign a document he cannot work with. I think we need to understand the issues Realy. Lemme break it down. Money was taking from projects marked for completion by the executive sighing a period of time. The legislators on the other hand removed money from the marked projects and allocate some of this money totheir own projects without the consent of the executive who will be held responsible for the baudget . Now tell me if that was the right thing to do.
Dogara himself doesnt know the truth of what his men did. Remember the issue of farouk lawan? He was defended by the speaker till otedola presented his facts.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by dadexcel: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
Topleague:
God bless you Dogara, you have shown that you are not selfish. kudos
......... No! Not really, he has only shown that he can do anything to be in the good books of the President....... Even if I meant locking his vomit!.... That's cowardice, insincerity and effeminate....real men defend the truth irrespective of whose axe is gored!
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by teepain: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
The President should take a cue from this by getting down from his high horse and pen his signature to the budget. Provisions can then be made for the Lagos-Calabar rail in a supplementary budget. We have had enough of this ping-pong of blames between both arms of government.

Your piece of advice to the President as per signing the budget, as is, while he sends a supplementary budget would have been okay but for the fact that the legislators have smuggled some criminal lines into the budget, for example their own constituency projects as well as several billions for training on NigCommSat and the inflation of the rail line from kano by over 30 billion Naira with the intent to loot same.

If the President signs the budget as it is, he will be rubber stamping the anticipated loot by the legislators.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
ogmaskman:

The issue transcends the presidents signature. How do u expect t him to sign a document he cannot work with. I think we need to understand the issues Realy. Lemme break it down. Money was taking from projects marked for completion by the executive sighing a period of time. The legislators on the other hand removed money from the marked projects and allocate some of this money totheir own projects without the consent of the executive who will be held responsible for the baudget . Now tell me if that was the right thing to do.
Dogara himself doesnt know the truth of what his men did. Remember the issue of farouk lawan? He was defended by the speaker till otedola presented his facts.
The budget ab initio was not meticulously put together. That was what necessitated the 'stealing' of the budget from the National Assembly to correct the errors in it. With the current impasse between the executive and the legislative arms of government, I don't think there is an end in sight to this imbroglio. While the trading of blames between the two arms continues, those who they all swore to serve continue to live in privation.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Saintp(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dindondin:
Let every Nigerian sane youth join hands & form a party which carries the identity of good governance which ll be used to vote out every APC and PDP.

Bros the problem is not with APC and PDP, they are just names. The problem is in us as a people. Majority of Nigerians lack values and are just greedy and hypocites.

Are they youths not the Zombies and Wailers commenting on this forum?
As long as the good are badly outnumbered by the bad in this country, nothing will change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
teepain:

Your piece of advice to the President as per signing the budget, as is, while he sends a supplementary budget would have been okay but for the fact that the legislators have smuggled some criminal lines into the budget, for example their own constituency projects as well as several billions for training on NigCommSat and the inflation of the rail line from kano by over 30 billion Naira with the intent to loot same.

If the President signs the budget as it is, he will be rubber stamping the anticipated loot by the legislators.
What do you suggest should be done? This issue has lingered on for too long. The absence of a budget is having a deleterious effect on all facets of our national life.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by billyG(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:

The senators, be they Northerners or Southerners have every right to navigate the budget in the allocation of resources towards needs that will help their reelection campaign. That is politics
Was there constituency development project of NASS captured in d executive original budget?Thieves they want 2 share d so called "Floating money"#68B fa! in constuency project.Thunder fire them & their supporters.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by semitunde: 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
Just to play the devil's advocate, the HOR have extended a hand of friendship and peace to the Executive. I expect the Executive to return the favour, by admitting their errors and ineptitude ( No one is perfect). The President, should now accept this token of friendship and input the new additions into a supplementary budget, and thus pass the 2016 budget into effect, while the NASS reviews and peruses through the remaining errors in the budget

What's this one saying again?

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by semitunde: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
ogmaskman:

@maupe. This is your answer.

And next time, be more coherent in your thoughts. You seem more like someone who strengthens his aarguments by cherry-picking from the opposing view. While this can be an art and get an edge when well done, it can make you look stupîd if done hapharzardly.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Dindondin(m): 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Saintp:

Bros the problem is not with APC and PDP, they are just names. The problem is in us as a people. Majority of Nigerians lack values and are just greedy and hypocites.

Are they youths not the Zombies and Wailers commenting on this forum?
As long as the good are badly outnumbered by the bad in this country, nothing will change.
you are right.
wish we all can v a genuine change in attitude for food of all Nigerians
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ElCule: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
seunmsg:

Truth be told, APC has lost control of the senate to PDP. A significant number of APC members in the senate have aligned with PDP senators to create problems for the president. Except the president and the party leadership do something urgently to arrest the matter, things may get out of hand very soon.
The truth is, some people are yet to come to terms with the reality that Saraki is the SP against their wish. They are working behind the scene to pull him down by hook or by crook. Thus overheating the polity. You can not bring down a senate president with the support of the mejority of the senators and expect him to go down alone. If care is not taken, the colapse of the APC will start from the red chamber. My advice is that, they shuold resolve their differences and get down to business in the overall interest of Nigeians .
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nicur: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
hahahaha the year is almost half and we are still on this?? Chai Nawaa ooooh!! e get as e b ooh, common budget bubu no fit prepare?? incompetence of the highest order!!
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by santori: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:

The senators, be they Northerners or Southerners have every right to navigate the budget in the allocation of resources towards needs that will help their reelection campaign. That is politics

they do not possess such powers according to the constitution. constituency project is an illegality that has been allowed to fester for too long.

responsibilities of the legislative is to make laws and monitor the activities of the executives. While the executives role is to formulate and implement policies

any lawmaker that wants any project in his constituency is expected to lobby the executive to see his people needs.

that's why nobody blames the legislative over poor roads, electricity, education etc

let's endeavour to know more about issues before put forward an uninformed argument

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by santori: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dindondin:

are the so called youths any different? is it not the same yoots that litter nairaland spewing thrash with no common sense. forget that thing joor.

age is not and can never be a criteria for being a good leader
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ultraGM: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
Now we Nigerians are happy

God Win
Nigerians Win
Senate Win
Executive Win

Wailers and Zombies Win
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by eyesofgod: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:

Na wa! Permit me to ask, from which prism are you viewing politics?
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by inflammable(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
Why revisiting, are they sleeping during the first visit. we are already in the 2nd quarter of the year, if revisiting is the next option when will the implementation commence. Nigeria lawmakers........ na you sabi oo. God will save us from you all.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by BeardedMeat(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
modath:

Dogara is a Team Player.
Only if season 5 of this drama is not loading.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ashjay001(m): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
Just to play the devil's advocate, the HOR have extended a hand of friendship and peace to the Executive. I expect the Executive to return the favour, by admitting their errors and ineptitude ( No one is perfect). The President, should now accept this token of friendship and input the new additions into a supplementary budget, and thus pass the 2016 budget into effect, while the NASS reviews and peruses through the remaining errors in the budget

What hand of friendship? The house is backtracking honourably, instead of jeopardising their govt. What u don't seem to have realised is; all these controversies emanate from d senate! During d padding saga, d house insisted it received d unpadded budget, now again they are ready to withdraw d approved doctored budget and rework it.

Saraki is a drowning man, who won't mind bringing everything down with him! Kaka ki eku maje sese, afi shawada ni(d mice will condemn whatever it can't eat)!
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
This NASS and APC have ridiculed nigeria and the little goodwill we have has been dragged to the mud...PDP should not rejoice either because their greed and lack of vision has landed nigeria in this mess...useless yeye ppl, may God judge you all
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ogmaskman: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
The budget ab initio was not meticulously put together. That was what necessitated the 'stealing' of the budget from the National Assembly to correct the errors in it. With the current impasse between the executive and the legislative arms of government, I don't think there is an end in sight to this imbroglio. While the trading of blames between the two arms continues, those who they all swore to serve continue to live in privation.

The budget of any country is an executive property. Nigerian legislators should stop trying to make a shine of it. The executive arm of govt runs the show in any democracy so our law makers should understand this fact. Good to know they have said they are not rubber stamp legislature like their counterparts at state level but that still doesn't take away the fact that they have crossed their bound. On the other hand, the executive should know that nothing is cast in stone. You win some, you lose some.
Beyond anything, the legislators are very unpatriotic set of thieves. If you know them you wont argue Om their behalf. They make so much money in kickbacks from MDAs that any alteration to the rule is met with stiff opposition. If you like reduce their salaries and allowances to peanuts, they will still fight to get in there. Ever heard the word juicy committee? Food for thought...

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ogmaskman: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
What do you suggest should be done? This issue has lingered on for too long. The absence of a budget is having a deleterious effect on all facets of our national life.

I suggest we throw out Weight behind the president to teach these legislooters some rare democratic lessons. Pple that are suppose to be making laws are busy allocating projects and resources to themselves. Are you aware that the national assembly annual budget is higher than that of 21 states of the federation @150billion. Yet they wont allow the executive be.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by searchng4love: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
give and take would have killed saraki...the problem saraki has is his clout in the north.

kahal29:

My brother Dogara is a better politician than Saraki. I have been following him keenly. He picks his fights carefully and believes so much in give and take.
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by sLentlover7778(m): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2016
Examine Buhari brain first..
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by habsydiamond(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2016
in jesus name i cast away all the merlin that are changing nigeria's budget in to lake of osun river for them not to return.amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sam Anyanwu Becomes South East Consensus Candidate For PDP National Secretary / 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.